Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost Tapes

Kipperphoenix

Has anyone else heard of the show called "Lost Tapes"? It is one animal planet starting Jan. 6th, 2009. It is a show about cryptids (i.e. bigfoot, chupacabra, ect.) It is about tapes of people who went missing and were never heard from again, but they are killed by unknown creatures. Their video camera tapes show there last moments before going missing. Now, the tapes are fake, but they are based on the cryptid, so the tape is fake, but the cryptid is real. I have seen the first episode today and I really enjoyed it. I recommend you give it a try. They also do background history on different cryptids throughout the show.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kipperphoenix

• catutie

• Stormcrow

• Drago

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone else heard of the show called "Lost Tapes"? It is one animal planet starting Jan. 6th, 2009. It is a show about cryptids (i.e. bigfoot, chupacabra, ect.) It is about tapes of people who went missing and were never heard from again, but they are killed by unknown creatures. Their video camera tapes show there last moments before going missing. Now, the tapes are fake, but they are based on the cryptid, so the tape is fake, but the cryptid is real. I have seen the first episode today and I really enjoyed it. I recommend you give it a try. They also do background history on different cryptids throughout the show.

Yeah I watched it tonight too, was like a train wreck.. horrible, but I couldn't look away. Sorry.. the whole idea sounded stupid to start with.. fake home videos of cryptids? But seeing it in action was worse.. it was SOO boring, unimaginative, and the facts about the monsters they tossed out where pretty basic.. nothing a thousand other cryptid shows haven't reported before. No real narration either, maybe a few words here and there, but with no feeling, like they skimped on the budget.. just the words on the screen like a bad YouTube vid.

Might be to some peoples taste, but I don't see it making it to season 2.

Yeah I watched it tonight too, was like a train wreck.. horrible, but I couldn't look away. Sorry.. the whole idea sounded stupid to start with.. fake home videos of cryptids? But seeing it in action was worse.. it was SOO boring, unimaginative, and the facts about the monsters they tossed out where pretty basic.. nothing a thousand other cryptid shows haven't reported before. No real narration either, maybe a few words here and there, but with no feeling, like they skimped on the budget.. just the words on the screen like a bad YouTube vid.

Might be to some peoples taste, but I don't see it making it to season 2.

History Channel should do something similar. OOPS, my bad, they've been doing one for 2 seasons now. Sorry.

History Channel should do something similar. OOPS, my bad, they've been doing one for 2 seasons now. Sorry.

And its not nearly as boring. You know how YouTube vids just have words on the screen to describe stuff of importance? I would expect that from someone making a home vid for no profit on a low budget.. but this is A.P.

Sounds cool. Blair Witch with Bigfoot, right?

Thats what really makes me angry is that its 'fake' videos and not 'real' videos.

Because you can watch the whole fake video and not learn a thing. imo

Edited by Riptide

I found two additional preview videos on youtube. (Watch both videos in High quality. There is a button under the video that enables high quality.)

Thats what really makes me angry is that its 'fake' videos and not 'real' videos.

Because you can watch the whole fake video and not learn a thing. imo

It's just like 'Walking with Dinosaurs' but at least with that show, it's based on something plausible..

hm I want a cookie..

not even close, bud

I've watched this show, I knew they were fake!! they make them out to be real. I was watching one the other night about a journalist solo sailing.. the acting was so poor and the footage so blatantly crap that it made me want to scratch my eyes out lol.

I don't get it.. its all fake.. it should'nt be called lost tapes it should be called "videos of what kind of creatures could be around"

Edited by Moooooo

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it too, and thought it was gay.

What really gets me, is that this show is another detrimental strike at the real science of Cryptozoology. It allows society to further mock and not take us seriously. I will say that i have not seen the show, nor do i plan on watching it. If any of you believe that there is some real science behind it, I may check it out, but from how the website is looking, I DON'T THINK SO!

Edited by mr_crypto

I think if some people can get around the bad acting (which is suppose to bad because they are playing parts of every day people.) and the bad CGI, I think someone can get into the show and enjoy it. :)

P.S. They occasionally show real footage if there is any.

Edited by Fell

What really gets me, is that this show is another detrimental strike at the real science of Cryptozoology. It allows society to further mock and not take us seriously. I will say that i have not seen the show, nor do i plan on watching it. If any of you believe that there is some real science behind it, I may check it out, but from how the website is looking, I DON'T THINK SO!

I don't care if people laugh, as long I enjoy researching cryptids and so should everyone else. :yes:

after seeing the preview on the animal planet website........i would rather throw up then watch those wait i did while i was watching them. oh well. :P

I watched it last night, and I'm generally very critical about the cryptozoology shows I watch. It wasn't dreadful, but they could have used a narrator to voice over the text that would appear on screen, and they could have given more information and real life events that occurred. The CGI was horrible, but it's not a big budget film to begin with so, it's not really worth complaining about. :lol: Overall, I'd give the show about a moderate rating. It's an okay beginners program, definitely not for the experienced person looking for more info. It's just the basics. But I like the idea behind it, it really hasn't been done before. It's unique. The acting (again, not big budget film) wasn't horrible, but it did leave things to be desired. I'll probably watch it again to see how they do on the next episode.

I watched it last night, and I'm generally very critical about the cryptozoology shows I watch. It wasn't dreadful, but they could have used a narrator to voice over the text that would appear on screen, and they could have given more information and real life events that occurred. The CGI was horrible, but it's not a big budget film to begin with so, it's not really worth complaining about. :lol: Overall, I'd give the show about a moderate rating. It's an okay beginners program, definitely not for the experienced person looking for more info. It's just the basics. But I like the idea behind it, it really hasn't been done before. It's unique. The acting (again, not big budget film) wasn't horrible, but it did leave things to be desired. I'll probably watch it again to see how they do on the next episode.

I agree with that. There are a few tweaks needed here and there (they DRASTICALLY need to update the CGI), but over all I like it.

What really gets me, is that this show is another detrimental strike at the real science of Cryptozoology. It allows society to further mock and not take us seriously.

What do you mean by "real science"? How many legit scientific conferences sell souvenirs of plaster casts or viles of pubic hair for $40 a shot? I've even heard that chewing tobacco was available for sale at one of these conferences.

Have you ever read transcripts of the lectures that some of the nutjob scientists make at crypto conferences? Cryptozoology is a combination of creative writing, abstract art and confidence swindling.

If this field wants to be taken seriously, present evidence that doesn't include words like unknown, inconclusive or mysterious. Above all else, find scientists that don't talk out of their anus.

What do you mean by "real science"? How many legit scientific conferences sell souvenirs of plaster casts or viles of pubic hair for $40 a shot? I've even heard that chewing tobacco was available for sale at one of these conferences.

Have you ever read transcripts of the lectures that some of the nutjob scientists make at crypto conferences? Cryptozoology is a combination of creative writing, abstract art and confidence swindling.

If this field wants to be taken seriously, present evidence that doesn't include words like unknown, inconclusive or mysterious. Above all else, find scientists that don't talk out of their anus.

I will give it to you that the field of Cryptozoology has a few "Nutjobs" to deal with, but i wouldn't state that most of the people who give lectures are "Confidence Swindling". Many people, including myself, want the major physical evidence to be found and tested by the scientific community, but until then, we have to make do with what evidence we can find. Hair samples that are tested and found to be "unknown", doesn't that construe as evidence. Yeah i know it doesn't mean much to the people who want a body for examination, or i live BF walking downtown ordering a pizza, but for some thats all that is needed to believe. Thanks.

I'm just stating that as ONE example, not all.

Edited by mr_crypto

I do!!! :lol:

I watched both epis last night. (There really wasn't anything else on).

They were OK but not to be taken seriously. Its almost like AP just kind of phoned it in on this series.