Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can you tell if you are psychic?

pixiedust

OH and i forgot to put tht ive heard other people say that they believe all people have psychic abilities or potential, I don't know if i believe that but i would like to know if there is any way to "excercise" the parts of your brain that controls precognition or other psychic ability.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G3N0M3

• Mattshark

• Hollywood_2601

• Babs

pixiedust,

Firstly I am not going to tell you you are not psychic. I can't know that so it would be wrong of me to try to convince you so.

However, these 'visions' you describe don't sound very psychic to me.

all of mi 'visions' have come true, and alot of them ive shared with mi friends, and right after that, they come true.

People can make things happen if they believe it will. By telling your friends you may have started a chain of events that actually caused the event you had a vision of. In future write down your vision but tell no one, then see if they happen. This would be a better indication. With your baby brother - well you had a 50-50 chance of being right and so getting this sort of event correct once is not really a good indication of psychic ability. If you could correctly predict the sex of many unborn babies (obviously without prior knowledge from scans etc) then this, again, would be a better indicator. The guy who asked you out - you probably noticed signs he was interested (or gave him signs you were) so this isn't good evidence.

As has been said before, you may be strongly intuitive and be able to read subconscious signs people are giving you. While this is a nice ability to have it would not qualify as psychic.

Again though, don't start believing you aren't psychic. It just seems the evidence you have is not concrete enough.

told in um chat nine days back--i dreamed of horrendous storms in florida--

i live in virginia - 2 days back florida was ravaged by deadly storms -

there are no questions

i need none to say who i am -- i pay the price i cost --

i think i am, but im not sure. if your psychic, how did you first realize it??

Everyone is, end of story.

Winning lottery. dreams coming true.

I got a new one. A very important plane making emergency landing clipping trees and light poles. It stopped near Mcdonalds.

When I was a small child, I saw a black bird fly out of nowhere and disappear into a wall. No one else saw it but me. That's when I had the first idea that I might be a bit different from other people. As I've gotten older, I have started to have a few prophetic dreams that have come true. Also, I hear voices that no one else an hear (not the kind that tell you to kill your mother) and see people that no one else can see.

I don't think I'm so much psychic as I am a sensative/empath.

• 1 year later...
Pixiedust what you have is called precognition. It is a spontaneous occurance that technically isn't pychic (or at least i don't consider it to be). However, it does show that you probably have psychic potential. I would highly suggest learning other psychic abilites such as telekinesis and telepathy, as they should come easily to you. I can offer my services as a psionics teacher if you would like. Anyway, do you ever feel weird tingling sensations along your skin? Do you get a numbness in your hand if you hold it still for long enough? do you have internal head pressures or bizzares tingling sensations on your forehead? Do you often have muslce spasm in a consistant location, usually with stabalizing muslces? Do you have temperature fluxations? Do you have frequent gastroinestinal discomfort? any of these things among others that get a little too personal for you to post online are other distinct signs of psychic potential, along with precognition.

Sounds more like anxiety to me, and booooooooyyyyyyyyyy do i get anxiety.

Im not psychic though, unless you include the times ive known when the washing machine is going to breakdown before it does lol They always go mid cycle, you can garentee it!

My friend, who is clairvoyant/claircognizant, knows he's psychic because with many of his visions, he writes them down in a journal, and records when they come true. He also has taken countless online zener card tests. Here are some links to his results that we posted on youtube.

We're posting these because we want to see what people think of them, and also to give physical evidence: If you don't understand about zener cards, please read the description when viewing the vid...that is, if you wish to:)

take care and have a nice day

• 1 month later...
all of mi 'visions' have come true, and alot of them ive shared with mi friends, and right after that, they come true.
ok trust me i have a physic all of life , ok ?

i kno all about it too. ok,first to tell if u are a physic u would because you would have had 5 visions that come true in a row.

When I was a small child, I saw a black bird fly out of nowhere and disappear into a wall. No one else saw it but me. That's when I had the first idea that I might be a bit different from other people. As I've gotten older, I have started to have a few prophetic dreams that have come true. Also, I hear voices that no one else an hear (not the kind that tell you to kill your mother) and see people that no one else can see.

I don't think I'm so much psychic as I am a sensative/empath.

you are a physic then i have experianced all of those too.

Well experiences will definitely vary dependent on what kind of psychic power it is that you possess. Ex. being someone telekinetic might discover it when they feel that they are moving something or see something move that they did not touch by any physical means, while telepathic, precognitive, clairvoyant would probably start to have perceptions that are not consistent with the reality of their conventional senses (most people might see this as a hallucination, but here's the difference: if something else happens that makes you believe that what you percieve either happens or is symbolic or representative of a real event.)

But also it greatly depends on a person. The best thing to do to find out if you are psychic is to test yourself and try to train it. Then something may happen that would tell you the answer you've been looking for. But don't worry, the answer will come to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I'm psychic. But I've had many dreams come true. One was a dream of a class room. I was sitting there listening to the teacher talk and it hit me. Deja Vu, as if it had already happened before. I told my teacher this and she said it was because maybe someone described the room to me. The most important part is that I was in the United States and that class room was in Japan on a US military base. I had never seen it before in my life. I had the dream while I was still in the States. I've had countless deja vu moments. I don't know if that counts as psychic.

• 3 weeks later...

I just have to say Pixiedust that there is this thing i have learned about it is called tbt or "thoughts become things" If you think about something so much it is drawn to you and while this may not have anything to do with the anology "bieng psychic " I myself even think i am psychic I have things other people have never experienced b4 from what i read the boyfriend thing was a tbt and the rest was probably your psycic or lucky guesses you have a psycic gift of some kind and thats all i have to say

• 8 months later...

Please reply if you have any information on this.

For about 2 years now i have noticed 3-4 times a week i have been having dreams that have been coming true. usually when i have the dream, 2-3 days forward, they come true. Once o was feeling or(saw in a dream)that my friend was going to have a rough time. It was like a video that played in my head. I remember in my dream at about 12 pm is when i looked at the clock(in my dream) and i got a phone call explaining what happend. Then the nect week , it came true. I felt like i was doing it all over again.

Sometimes it will take a month again for it to come alive. I feel like im devolping some physic ability. I can always tell what a person is thinking. I was walking down the hallway at achool and my techer stopped me and said "hello meena" i said "hi mrs. g" Then i noticed when she looked at me she was feeling a bit overwhelmed at something. Then the next day i heard her talking to our other math teacher sying, "I just cant handle it"

I feel a bit strange b/c of all of this. Please reply back to me at yodog213@yahoo.com or on here please.

Thank you- Meena ♥

If you could correctly predict the sex of many unborn babies (obviously without prior knowledge from scans etc) then this, again, would be a better indicator.

Oooh, just had to comment on this.

My husband can do that...he has correctly predicted 12 out of 13 babies' sexes, all without prior knowledge. The mothers were:

His mom (who's had 13 kids in all)

me (all 4 times, before the sonograms)

his brother's wife

my brother's wife (who he barely knew)

a friend's wife (again, he barely knew her)

another friend's wife

his brother's wife again, which was the only one he was wrong about. The only explanation we could come up with was because she was overweight, so NO one could even tell she was pregnant and also, she didn't tell anyone until she was already 7 or 8 months along. Not saying it's a good explanation, just the only one we could come up with.

I also think he has other precog abilities, though he doesn't hone them anymore (they usually scare him cuz most are about people dying).

An example is...one nite he was hanging out in his huge backyard with a friend, and he started to get a horrible migraine. He then turned to his friend and said, "I'm not doing the dishes." His friend eyed him, until they heard hubby's father call for him inside the house. (btw, it wasn't a common thing for him to do dishes) Then, hubby says, "Make (his brother) do it," which they did. He then correctly predicted that his parents were about to leave (not normal for them to do at 10 p.m. Dad's usually in bed by 9), and then told his friend which make and color of cars would pass by their house (all true). He then knew the exact moment his parents would return, though he had no idea where they had gone. It went on for about an hour, and as soon as the headache subsided, so did his predictions.

The ones about people dying usually come in the form of dreams. And before anyone says, "They were probably ill or old..." Well, they weren't. In fact, a few of them died quite young, and quite suddenly, days after he dreamed about them.

It is my opinion that when you are "psychic", truly and fully, you will not tell. You will not think. You will know.

Just because I'm psychic doesn't mean everything "weird" that happens to me is paranormal.

Well-said. It's true, you just know. I've seen and experienced too many strange and inexplicable things in my life for me to be anything else but psychic. However, like the poster in the above quote said, not everything that's unexplainable is necessarily "paranormal." The human imagination is a powerful thing and at times it can overtake you, but when things of a "psychic" nature (ESP, visions, etc) happen to you, there is no mistaking it for what it is. Whether other people believe you, though, that's a different story. I've got long list of ESP-related things that have gone on in my life, primarily in dreams and waking visions that have come to fruition, but can I prove it? Other than dated journal entries in my computer, I can't.

I just have to say Pixiedust that there is this thing i have learned about it is called tbt or "thoughts become things" If you think about something so much it is drawn to you and while this may not have anything to do with the anology "bieng psychic " I myself even think i am psychic I have things other people have never experienced b4 from what i read the boyfriend thing was a tbt and the rest was probably your psycic or lucky guesses you have a psycic gift of some kind and thats all i have to say

You have an interesting take on this subject and I agree completely. If one thinks about something long enough, they begin to unconsciously take steps to see it come to reality. I have a hard time believing in luck, per se. When good things happen to people, IMO, it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time, or a matter of subconsciously reading a situation and somehow one makes the right decisions and then certain things begin to happen. An example in my case might be that as a child I'd always envisioned myself as a working artist when I grew up. Even though my family was poor and I couldn't afford an education beyond high school, I painted anyway, took lots and lots of photos and sold all of this stuff, plus I bought a computer and eventually learned Photoshop, Illustrator and other programs on my own. These days, without a formal education in fine arts, I work as an artist -- just as I'd envisioned. There's nothing psychic about that, it's just taking the steps necessary to get it done, no matter how small the steps seemed to be at the time.

If you really, really want something bad enough, you can make it happen no matter what obstacles lie in front of you.

Edited by Vivid_Dreamer_12

EVERYONE is psychic.

Some's exent farther than other's.

All of us can draw but not all of us can draw like a pro. and to some it comes naturally.

and maybe you have some condition that can make it almost impossible to draw at all, like being blind. it will be harder but

certainly not impossible.

same with psychic abilities.

• 2 weeks later...
Would that theory work when you come out of sleep with a word or phrase that is precognitive?...(not a vision or a dream). I have had precognitive dreams, also, but I have come out of sleep with words and phrases that mean something in my future and they have come to pass.

Yes it would. Gotta love prophetic dreams.

OH and i forgot to put tht ive heard other people say that they believe all people have psychic abilities or potential, I don't know if i believe that but i would like to know if there is any way to "excercise" the parts of your brain that controls precognition or other psychic ability.

People can be categorized by this. 1, full psion. 2. half psion/half magick user. 3. half psion/half normal. 4. slight twinkle. 5. normal(feels nothing).

There are very very few 1's. Alot of 2's and 3's. Many 4's. Most are 5's.

You'll meet more 2's and 3's than anything else.

• 3 months later...

sorry this is a mess up so act like its not here

Edited by K@k3s

There is a chance you could be psychic but from you have shared I have a few questions. Well first I would like to say the two experinces that you have shared are all very chance like things. Im not trying to be mean or anything but do you have any other experiences that you will share and if you and the guy were talking for a while I probably could have guessed he was going to ask you out. But here are a few of my experences. (Im extremly pyschic) more than likely because I can talk to the dead in my dreams.

Well first I would like to share an experence that I had where it is a guessing one like yours to give you an example of what im talking about.

My younger brother goes to a summer parks program and they get t-shirts for when they go on field trips and they always have a different color one and I told him "I bet you two bucks the shirts are going to be yellow" he was like "ok but I bet you five buck they are going to be green" So three days later he comes home with a yellow parks t-shirt.

do you kinda see what I mean. Its by chance.

Oh and about your baby dream thing its all instinct because three months before my mom was pregnant with my little brother (this is when I was two, I was already talking fully) I went crying into her room asking her why she was going to replace me with a new baby boy, girls is better. So ya.

Here are some more unusal visions:

About a month after my great grandma died I started having the same dream and here it is...

I was sleeping in her house in my old bed (which my great aunt now owns) and my nana (thats what we called my great grandma) came over to the bed and sat on the edge she started to rub my back like she use to and then I jumped awake and when I saw her I started freaking out screaming I thought you were dead over and over. She was like shut up sugarpuss you are going to wake Carla up. and yes I am dead its a dream. She had me get up out the bed and brought me to her closet I think it was and started digging through her old clothes (which are all still there untouched) and she pulled out a cold painted box and said you must go to my house and find this before the others do. I want you to have everything that is in it.

I told my mom about it and she actually believed me and she told me that when we go there to finish getting our stuff that we will look for it. So some time this weekend I think we are going there to look for it.

here is another one of my nana (I have only had two of her since her passing) this one is kinda weird...

I was walking in down town grove city when a younger lady walked up to me and asked if I remembered her (I was about twenty) I was like no? you should sugarpuss. I was like wait my nana is the only one who calls me that and she just stared at me waiting for everything to process. I stood there in disbelieve and she finially spoke and was like you have grown so much dear and you finally keep your hair out of your eyes.

thid is just something wied that has happened to me and I would like to share it with all of you.

When I woke up one morning I could not find the little silver charm that goes on my neckless and my blue safire was still on the chain around my neck which is like really weird. so someone or something had to of taken the neckless off my neck without waking me and then replace it. I took all the blankets and pillows of my bed there was nothing. I replaced them and called my mom and asked her if she had seen it and she said no so I asked my dad and he said no I went back down to my room and started getting ready I placed my clothes on the bed and when I moved my huggie (pillow I have had since i was a baby) there was the charm and it was face up and looked as if someone had placed it there.

The next thing is about a guy whom I will meet on July 2nd this year. His name is D I wish to call him D.

Well I had a vision that I will be meeting him on July 2nd. He will be walking around his new neighborhood and I will be out in my court since I have seen him once before in my dreams I will randomly go up to him and be like " My name is Kaelie. What is yours?" he would say "D" well his real name "I feel like I have meet you once before" and I was thinking he knows I was in his dream.

Then before that I had a dream that he would be moving into the lot seim behind my house and they just started building a house there and i have yet to see the people that will be moving there.

O and at first I thought this was pure luck but now Im starting to question it.

Well If i think Like a drink would be nice as im walking buy a cafe or eating like at cinnabun

the next thing I know the lady at the counter is like would you like a free sprite and Im like sure thanks

my mom always looks at me like im crazy

and another time we were at the deli and I was like starving and the lady that was you look like you could use some chicken and what kind of cheese would you like

my dad bought died laughing

there are many more but i dont want to bore you

and like 2min ago the phone began to rang and i knew it was a 1-800 number because they are the only people that call during the day and typically the phone rings all the way to the answering machien but it all the sudden stopped then the phone cosest to me started bebbing like when someone hangs up on you, but i didnt even answer the phone which is weird...

if you want me to share any more visions just ask

kaelie

Edited by K@k3s

You guys have listed many great examples ...

Bottom line is... YOULL KNOW. There is no mistaking it.... You will get info that comes to be... which can be from a source that only this can be the explaination for it .... And more then coincidence. Although the rational person will try to explain it aways as such...

Be thankful and use it wisely...

You can prove that you are a psychic to me by winning the lottery.

Nothing less.

Reading allot of peoples answers that tell you that once you know that your psychic you will know, you WILL just know, right now you may still be going through the 'growing' faze where your skills are being 'tested' this happens to most psychics as they are maturing and they're brain is developing new ways of thinking and perceiving. As you grow older you will continually be tested, if you believe that it is in fact some kind of curse it will 'shut off', many people I know of had it happen to them and they hated it because it scared them, and once they discovered what it was that was happening and understood it as a gift not a burden, it seemed to "turn back on". So all I have to say is don't LOOK for the visions let them come to you, try not to force it either because then you do you will get false readings and it will only be your brain satisfying your 'need'.