Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can you tell if you are psychic?

pixiedust

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G3N0M3

• Mattshark

• Hollywood_2601

• Babs

Depends on what power you think you are displaying. In general, it is extremely easy for the human mind to create a pattern where there is none is decide there must be some mysterious effect at work. I strongly encourage you to first learn the methods of scientific research and methodology, so that you will be able to distinguish between 'true' paranatural events and simple misunderstandings as to what you have observed.

You should be very wary concerning anecdotal evidence. It is generally of little use and less credibility, no matter what the source. Be aware that unless you can provide evidence other than feelings and self-observations, you will probably meet some skepticism.

i agree

In my experiences it has been unmistakable, it helps to have witnesses and to discuss it with people.

I suppose it depends on what pixiedust means - if she wants to know for her self only or wishes to be able to prove it to others.

all of mi 'visions' have come true, and alot of them ive shared with mi friends, and right after that, they come true.

examples?

pixidust...That is wonderful. Yes, that's what happens to me. How many dreams have you had that have come true?

well, mi first 'vision' that came true waz that this guy named luis waz going to ask me out. about two days later, he did. ever since i waz 9, ive had the same dream about a baby once or more a month(but i dont kno if that will come true yet). when i waz 9, i also had a dream that i waz going to have a baby brother soon, and about a week later, mi mom and dad told me that i waz going to have another sister, or a brother. mi sibling iz a brother, and iz SO rotten!!! iz that enough?? or do you want more evamples??

So, you are saying this has happened only a few times or have you had more visions?

It is my opinion that when you are "psychic", truly and fully, you will not tell. You will not think. You will know.

I know I am psychic.

As for your visions pixiedust? The one about the guy asking you out sounds to me like you were just hoping he would and it so happened he did. A lot of people have visions about their parents having another child. That stems either from insecurities on their part, or just picking up on a difference in behavior on their parent's parts.

I'm not discounting your experiances, however. Just analizying all possible views. I do that with anything I personally experiance, and generally get the opinion of as many people as possible.

Just because I'm psychic doesn't mean everything "weird" that happens to me is paranormal.

Post more of your visions, please. I'd like to hear them.

When you are psychic, atleast in my opinion, i tell a lot of people (well people i trust) about it, so that if they ever need help i can try to help them, and why not if you can do a lot of special stuff why not use it ot help people?

Pixiedust what you have is called precognition. It is a spontaneous occurance that technically isn't pychic (or at least i don't consider it to be). However, it does show that you probably have psychic potential. I would highly suggest learning other psychic abilites such as telekinesis and telepathy, as they should come easily to you. I can offer my services as a psionics teacher if you would like. Anyway, do you ever feel weird tingling sensations along your skin? Do you get a numbness in your hand if you hold it still for long enough? do you have internal head pressures or bizzares tingling sensations on your forehead? Do you often have muslce spasm in a consistant location, usually with stabalizing muslces? Do you have temperature fluxations? Do you have frequent gastroinestinal discomfort? any of these things among others that get a little too personal for you to post online are other distinct signs of psychic potential, along with precognition.

I can't really say those are psychic experiences; sounds more like strong intuition.

palecricket...what do you think precognitive dreams are?

if you think you are you most likely are, provided your not delusional

palecricket...what do you think precognitive dreams are?

Precognative dreams are undoubtably the result of energy buildups in the brain. The brain is a big mass of neurons, which form and organic matrix. As seen through CSE (cavernous structures effect) such things gather up energy from the environment. The cerebrospinal fluid carries it away from the brain, since this vibration pattern of energy is known to disrupt electromagnetic fields, so it would screw up neuron impulses if left to gather up. It culminates in the ventricles inside the diencephalon, where i believe the astral body also connects to the body, the silver cord leaving via the third eye chakra which vents excess energy from the ventricles. In occipital lobe, being where the psi control center and third eye are located, is the lobe that controls the energy in the body, so the energy tends to culminate nearer to it. Now according to M theory, the universe is like a big multidimensional membrane. If you can imagine that it is 2 dimensional to make it easier to understand, then let's say one dimension is time and the other is the one we move it. The membrane can twist and turn to the point where it can almost touch. All superstrings are bound to this membrane, but as displayed by black holes gravitons are not. Rather, they can travel through the higher dimensions. Thus it could interact with the energy in your brain and, when the membrane is twisted so that it is almost touching, (so it would be curved like a U, you being on one tip of the U and the future being on the other tip) the interaction could create a chain reaction that could pull the membrane until it just touches, forming almost an O. The point of connection inside your head would be at the hightest point of energy, near the occipital lobe. This is also the part of your brain that registers vision, so momentarily you would get a glimpse of the future when the membrane touches itself. In sleep, the astral body may increase the chances of this occuring, and energy is always higher at night so that inceases the chance of it occuring and especially increases the chance of it occuring more than once. Your brain would simply play off of the precognitive thought to create a complete dream. But that's just my thoughts...

This is also the part of your brain that registers vision

Would that theory work when you come out of sleep with a word or phrase that is precognitive?...(not a vision or a dream). I have had precognitive dreams, also, but I have come out of sleep with words and phrases that mean something in my future and they have come to pass.

Edited by Babs

• 11 months later...
Precognative dreams are undoubtably the result of energy buildups in the brain. The brain is a big mass of neurons, which form and organic matrix. As seen through CSE (cavernous structures effect) such things gather up energy from the environment. The cerebrospinal fluid carries it away from the brain, since this vibration pattern of energy is known to disrupt electromagnetic fields, so it would screw up neuron impulses if left to gather up. It culminates in the ventricles inside the diencephalon, where i believe the astral body also connects to the body, the silver cord leaving via the third eye chakra which vents excess energy from the ventricles. In occipital lobe, being where the psi control center and third eye are located, is the lobe that controls the energy in the body, so the energy tends to culminate nearer to it. Now according to M theory, the universe is like a big multidimensional membrane. If you can imagine that it is 2 dimensional to make it easier to understand, then let's say one dimension is time and the other is the one we move it. The membrane can twist and turn to the point where it can almost touch. All superstrings are bound to this membrane, but as displayed by black holes gravitons are not. Rather, they can travel through the higher dimensions. Thus it could interact with the energy in your brain and, when the membrane is twisted so that it is almost touching, (so it would be curved like a U, you being on one tip of the U and the future being on the other tip) the interaction could create a chain reaction that could pull the membrane until it just touches, forming almost an O. The point of connection inside your head would be at the hightest point of energy, near the occipital lobe. This is also the part of your brain that registers vision, so momentarily you would get a glimpse of the future when the membrane touches itself. In sleep, the astral body may increase the chances of this occuring, and energy is always higher at night so that inceases the chance of it occuring and especially increases the chance of it occuring more than once. Your brain would simply play off of the precognitive thought to create a complete dream. But that's just my thoughts...

If time is the 4th dimension may be the brain is just "skipping ahead". However I would not describe a premonition is such "cosmical" manner. You even make starbirth look pale by comparison tongue.gif

Edited by Bio-Mage

This means the future is fixed. I get these messages or dreams when I am in need and other times just as an insightful look into my future. It happens about mundane ordinary things and about serious illness and death. I dream, precognitively, about family and strangers.

We do get a lot of pre-teens claiming they're psychic, but very few if not none of them really are.

"i think i am, but im not sure. if your psychic, how did you first realize it?? "

Why do you think you are besides those experiences? I think BlueZ is right. I don't think you're psychic, sorry.

Bluez, how do you know you're psychic? Care to share some info with us. If you can prove it you can get a big pay check from one of our members original.gif

• 11 months later...

Pixiedust what you have is called precognition. It is a spontaneous occurance that technically isn't pychic (or at least i don't consider it to be). However, it does show that you probably have psychic potential. I would highly suggest learning other psychic abilites such as telekinesis and telepathy, as they should come easily to you. I can offer my services as a psionics teacher if you would like. Anyway, do you ever feel weird tingling sensations along your skin? Do you get a numbness in your hand if you hold it still for long enough? do you have internal head pressures or bizzares tingling sensations on your forehead? Do you often have muslce spasm in a consistant location, usually with stabalizing muslces? Do you have temperature fluxations? Do you have frequent gastroinestinal discomfort? any of these things among others that get a little too personal for you to post online are other distinct signs of psychic potential, along with precognition.

I just wanted to reply to this comment. the signs that you list, could the head pressure or the bizzare tingle in the head be interpreted as a migraine or a really bad headache? And how does gastrointestinal discomfort mean that you have psychic potential? just wondering? and what kind of temperature fluxations? Like being really cold one minute and hot the next? Can you be more specific?

• 10 months later...

Hey I'm new here and I've recently been predicting very small things that actually come true. for instance, I'm still in school and one day i felt as if i was sort of in a day dream but there was this new bookshelf against the wall. When I came to it wasn't there. However after christmas break the teacher anounced that we had started the accelrated reader program and now we had a book shelf for those books, just like the one in my day dream, in the exact same spot. Then I had a dream about some girl that i'd never met before and a month later she came to my school as a new student. but my whole life ive done different things like in a sports game i could guess, for instance in a soccer game, that the game would go into a shootout even when one team would be up 3-0 (alot in soccer). I've also read what pale cricket said and i get all of those symptoms like a get head aches alot but sometimes for no aparent reason instead of hurting my forehead will tingle. also my legs will start trembling which is odd because i play premier soccer and do tae kwon do which helps me control my legs. any advice or help on the topic of if i'm actually psychic would be appreciated.