Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can you tell if you are psychic?

pixiedust

A that gets to the point where if there was no doubt to what the laws were 300 years ago would we be where we are now? Or even further back... Like what about if the church didn't have to burn and kill all those pagans? Just because you didn't believe something back then you were to be killed... If you did not agree with what your kings degree was you were hung for treason... There was no free thought, if there was still no free thought we wouldn't be where we would now... LOL the concept of gravity!!!, or the world is flat!!!... but you get what I mean :D

I think you are believing a lot myths there and not quite getting the reality.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G3N0M3

• Mattshark

• Hollywood_2601

• Babs

I think you are believing a lot myths there and not quite getting the reality.

? what are you talking about? what did I say was a myth? everything I just said was true... if your saying that the church did not burn and murder pagans open your eyes and do some research... Or that you were hung for treason if you did not follow your kings rule.... So explain to me where you get off on saying that I don't know what reality is...

"Replying to How can you tell if you are psychic?"

Here, what is my middle name? I'll be thinking it randomly over the next hour. Let's see how "psychic" you all are.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

? what are you talking about? what did I say was a myth? everything I just said was true... if your saying that the church did not burn and murder pagans open your eyes and do some research... Or that you were hung for treason if you did not follow your kings rule.... So explain to me where you get off on saying that I don't know what reality is...

300 years ago, no they didn't. And no sane since at least before the ancient Greeks thought the world was flat. And in fact there was a revival of paganism during the Renaissance though through that period and earlier it just meant country dweller or rustic and to be honest a lot of the time the governments gave little thought to this. So yeah, you still seem to be wrong here.

300 years ago, no they didn't. And no sane since at least before the ancient Greeks thought the world was flat. And in fact there was a revival of paganism during the Renaissance though through that period and earlier it just meant country dweller or rustic and to be honest a lot of the time the governments gave little thought to this. So yeah, you still seem to be wrong here.

LOL take it much out of term?? I said BEFORE that... lol re read it maybe you did not read it right... and what are you proving other than the evolution of what I was just talking about....? And obviously your facts are skewed... Do you even know what a pegan is?? You are only taking what you THINK is... have you researched this for years? Have you read books on the issue? And when did I say that governments gave a damn about the religion (though they did but you should already know why) I said that a king would show their rule and authority by hanging people who do not believe in their laws or decrees... Really man your just trying to disprove something that I say even if I didn't say it lmfao... try again...

Hmm, looks like everyone failed my "Am I psychic" test. I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

Yeah I guess we failed at knowing that you typed a "well thought out" test... LOL yeah I'm going to drop everything I'm doing just to come to the computer and tell you your name... serious...

A that gets to the point where if there was no doubt to what the laws were 300 years ago would we be where we are now? Or even further back... Like what about if the church didn't have to burn and kill all those pagans? Just because you didn't believe something back then you were to be killed... If you did not agree with what your kings degree was you were hung for treason... There was no free thought, if there was still no free thought we wouldn't be where we would now... LOL the concept of gravity!!!, or the world is flat!!!... but you get what I mean :D

Oops did I just prove you wrong??

LOL take it much out of term?? I said BEFORE that... lol re read it maybe you did not read it right... and what are you proving other than the evolution of what I was just talking about....? And obviously your facts are skewed... Do you even know what a pegan is?? You are only taking what you THINK is... have you researched this for years? Have you read books on the issue? And when did I say that governments gave a damn about the religion (though they did but you should already know why) I said that a king would show their rule and authority by hanging people who do not believe in their laws or decrees... Really man your just trying to disprove something that I say even if I didn't say it lmfao... try again...

No I don't know what a pegan is, but regarding pagan's I think you'll find that the use as a blanket term for none Abrahamic religions is in fact quite recent (early Victorian) it historically meant peasant or rustic. Though apart from a small amount of cases Europe's which burning was not out of religious intolerance but a very wide range of practices combined with other factors such as plague and weather and jealousy was always a good reason for accusation. And you did say it you are just skewing your reply. You specifically mention the idea of a flat Earth. This is known as the flat earth myth.

I think you'll find totalitarian governments are still extant, even in countries with a good scientific record (USSR for example at the time was a world leader and they killed a lot of people under Stalin for disagreeing, didn't stop them being the first into space did it)

No I don't know what a pegan is, but regarding pagan's I think you'll find that the use as a blanket term for none Abrahamic religions is in fact quite recent (early Victorian) it historically meant peasant or rustic. Though apart from a small amount of cases Europe's which burning was not out of religious intolerance but a very wide range of practices combined with other factors such as plague and weather and jealousy was always a good reason for accusation. And you did say it you are just skewing your reply. You specifically mention the idea of a flat Earth. This is known as the flat earth myth.

I think you'll find totalitarian governments are still extant, even in countries with a good scientific record (USSR for example at the time was a world leader and they killed a lot of people under Stalin for disagreeing, didn't stop them being the first into space did it)

YOU HAVE NO POINT AT ALL!!! what are you even trying to prove!?!!? First off a Pegan is someone who's gods are the elements, then there are demi-gods for everything surrounding that... Paganism is also highly regarded as a wiccan religion... So your off... and again don't have your facts straight... oh and here I'll bold something that you made up... Again, you have no points made and have no argument you are only flaming me for the sake of trolling... You can continue your point as long as you make one, otherwise I'm reporting you...

YOU HAVE NO POINT AT ALL!!! what are you even trying to prove!?!!? First off a Pegan is someone who's gods are the elements, then there are demi-gods for everything surrounding that... Paganism is also highly regarded as a wiccan religion... So your off... and again don't have your facts straight... oh and here I'll bold something that you made up... Again, you have no points made and have no argument you are only flaming me for the sake of trolling... You can continue your point as long as you make one, otherwise I'm reporting you...

That is one part of modern usage. Pagan is a blanket term, not a specific religion and the use as a blanket term is from the 19th century, historically it was used as a blanket term for people in rural areas. Feel free to look it up (in fact check some Latin). My points are perfectly valid, my original point was you making reference to the flat earth myth. And no, someone disagreeing with you is not flamebaiting, it is just disagreeing with you. Feel free to report me as I have done nothing wrong.

Paganism (from Latin paganus, meaning "country dweller, rustic")[1] is the blanket term given to describe religions and spiritual practices of pre-Christian Europe, and by extension a term for polytheistic traditions or folk religion worldwide seen from a Western or Christian viewpoint. The term has various different meanings, though, from a Western perspective, it has modern connotations of a faith that has polytheistic,[2] spiritualist, animistic or shamanic practices, such as a folk religion, historical polytheistic or neopagan religion.

-Wikipedia

Bolded was what you said was right... Otherwise it is obviously to do with religion... Unless you thought I spelled paganus???

Since the later 20th century, "Pagan" or "Paganism" has become widely used as a self-designation by adherents of Neopaganism.[5] As such, various modern scholars have begun to apply the term to three separate groups of faiths: Historical Polytheism (such as Celtic polytheism and Norse paganism), Folk/ethnic/Indigenous religions (such as Chinese folk religion and African traditional religion), and Neo-paganism (such as Wicca and Germanic Neopaganism).

-Wikipedia

So if you knew about religion you would know what I was talking about, if you did not know anything about religion, or did not study it, or what religions effect one another than your not wrong, because you did not know... (bolded everything necessary just in case you did not read it properly the first time)

Here a direct link to the Pagan (disambiguation)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan_(disambiguation)

First line...

As for you saying anything about the world being flat I have no clue what you were trying to get at, maybe you were just helping me prove my point that one way of thinking and believing changes throughout time, or until proven otherwise... Which means that science can say one thing... Until its proven wrong... Than it was a "mistake", or an "exception"... You have to agree with me on this one, and hopefully through realizing that, nothing science deems as "impossible" is only so until proven otherwise...

As for you saying anything about the world being flat I have no clue what you were trying to get at, maybe you were just helping me prove my point that one way of thinking and believing changes throughout time, or until proven otherwise... Which means that science can say one thing... Until its proven wrong... Than it was a "mistake", or an "exception"... You have to agree with me on this one, and hopefully through realizing that, nothing science deems as "impossible" is only so until proven otherwise...

I think you have got science the wrong way round here. In science it is deemed not important or non-existent until you provide evidence otherwise. You can't prove something doesn't exist. However, if evidence is presented then it changes. It is the only way to prevent conjecture coming through.

Edited by Mattshark

Yeah I guess we failed at knowing that you typed a "well thought out" test... LOL yeah I'm going to drop everything I'm doing just to come to the computer and tell you your name... serious...

Um, you're at the computer replying to my post!! Don't be an idiot. It's not like it's THAT much effort to type out my 6 letter middle name. Come on, prove your psychic skills.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

I think I might be psychic too. Um I have been having dreams for like 1 month and all of them have come true. Some examples would be my dad works at CN Railway in Joliet and I knew like 2 days ahead of time that the big fire was going 2 happen. Another 1 would be I dreamt that my Grandma was going 2 have a stroke and like 1 day later it happened. The last 1 is I dreamt twice that my Aunt's dog was going 2 die of a stroke and it happened earlier on today. So can you tell me if I am psychic.

Edited by Hollywood_2601

I think you have got science the wrong way round here. In science it is deemed not important or non-existent until you provide evidence otherwise. You can't prove something doesn't exist. However, if evidence is presented then it changes. It is the only way to prevent conjecture coming through.

Ya but thats it only when we are all scientists.

I think I might be psychic too. Um I have been having dreams for like 1 month and all of them have come true. Some examples would be my dad works at CN Railway in Joliet and I knew like 2 days ahead of time that the big fire was going 2 happen. Another 1 would be I dreamt that my Grandma was going 2 have a stroke and like 1 day later it happened. The last 1 is I dreamt twice that my Aunt's dog was going 2 die of a stroke and it happened earlier on today. So can you tell me if I am psychic.

This has only happend once to me and that was 2 weeks ago! im very interested to know if your preminitions feel differnt to your dreams! and welcome to UM

ok trust me i have a physic all of life , ok ?

i kno all about it too. ok,first to tell if u are a physic u would because you would have had 5 visions that come true in a row.

Seriously? :huh: LOL I almost spit my drink out reading that.

To the original post -

(Not that I really believe to much in the psychic phenomenon). But honestly though, if you were psychic you would not be asking that question.

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

Seriously? :huh: LOL I almost spit my drink out reading that.

(Not that I really believe to much in the psychic phenomenon). But honestly though, if you were psychic you would not be asking that question.

I don't think that is a question.

I don't think that is a question.

No I knew that post wasn't a question, I just thought it was hilarious.

I will fix it though, so thanks.

Ya but thats it only when we are all scientists.

Yeah but if you won't follow the rules of science then any claims have little value.

This has only happend once to me and that was 2 weeks ago! im very interested to know if your preminitions feel differnt to your dreams! and welcome to UM

Thanks for welcoming me and yes they do feel different i feit like i was watching the fire through someone elses eyes like someone who was there. I have only told one person and thats my cousin who i beileve i can really trust and he told me he thinks i am but im not sure. So tell me how you felt when this happened to you. Do you think I was wrong to tell my cousin about my dreams or 'visions'?

Edited by Hollywood_2601

You should be very careful with what you consider to be premonition in dreams. You will remember very little of what you are dreaming, only really remembering what you dreamt in the short period before you wake. On top of that the level of recall accuracy is extremely low and this recall decreases dramatically over time and is subject to suggestion. This is not saying anyone is lying, this is simply how the human brain works.

You should be very careful with what you consider to be premonition in dreams. You will remember very little of what you are dreaming, only really remembering what you dreamt in the short period before you wake. On top of that the level of recall accuracy is extremely low and this recall decreases dramatically over time and is subject to suggestion. This is not saying anyone is lying, this is simply how the human brain works.

Not being mean but i have excellent memory. I remember my dream from last night and don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying your wrong but I think i might be psychic and again not being mean but winning the lottery has nothing 2 do with being psychic. It is simply the work of luck!

Edited by Hollywood_2601