Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can you tell if you are psychic?

pixiedust

You can prove that you are a psychic to me by winning the lottery.

Nothing less.

OK you have your values and beliefs and I have mine, but before you go being an ill informed person who makes the wrong decissions I have to tell you a little tidbit of advice...

We CANNOT control when we want to see something in a dream or vision, we cannot control (all the time) how to read someones thoughts, or emotions etc. We cannot control these reactions all the time, sometimes we can if our will is strong enough otherwise allot of the people here would have probably shut it off and not even bothered comming here.

For the amount of people here who are psychics you would think the owners of this site would be rich, or the people in this site are rich...

Another piece of information is the there are 'rules' to our abilities "rule #1" about our abilities since that you obviously don't know, is that no matter what we can do, we can't use our abilities to harm others, and for personal gain.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G3N0M3

• Mattshark

• Hollywood_2601

• Babs

OK you have your values and beliefs and I have mine, but before you go being an ill informed person who makes the wrong decissions I have to tell you a little tidbit of advice...

As an "ill informed person," I will place my evidence that there are no psychics against your evidence that there are, any day of the week.

We CANNOT control when we want to see something in a dream or vision, we cannot control (all the time) how to read someones thoughts, or emotions etc. We cannot control these reactions all the time, sometimes we can if our will is strong enough otherwise allot of the people here would have probably shut it off and not even bothered comming here.

Nor can you control what you imagine, interpret, want or entertain in delusions.

For the amount of people here who are psychics you would think the owners of this site would be rich, or the people in this site are rich...

You mean the people here who CLAIM TO BE psychics.

Another piece of information is the there are 'rules' to our abilities "rule #1" about our abilities since that you obviously don't know, is that no matter what we can do, we can't use our abilities to harm others, and for personal gain.

A real psychic would have known my response and my response is that you are the only one who has shown antagonism about my opinion. I am going to overlook that because you are new here and I will even forgive your arrogance in wanting to tell me about the rules. But if you think you will post here and have the whole world agreeing with you, you are in for an education. I have my opinion and I will state it wherever and whenever I please. If you don't agree with it, it's your problem.

A real psychic would have known my response and my response is that you are the only one who has shown antagonism about my opinion. I am going to overlook that because you are new here and I will even forgive your arrogance in wanting to tell me about the rules. But if you think you will post here and have the whole world agreeing with you, you are in for an education. I have my opinion and I will state it wherever and whenever I please. If you don't agree with it, it's your problem.

Ah and perhaps since that I am psychic (or have read your other posts [not all] and understood your way of thinking) and I did know your response? But didn't explain to everyone what it would be, since that you could have easily just said "No I wouldn't". As for my "antagonism" I'm sorry if you understood my typing, grammar, use of one word or something, but as I entered my first sentence:

"OK you have your values and beliefs and I have mine, but before you go being an ill informed person who makes the wrong decisions I have to tell you a little tidbit of advice..."

Which is CLEARLY pro antagonism... Explain to me how this was denoted in your train of thought... As for what I meant by "the rules" I was not referring to the rules of this site, I was referring to the rules of the universe... Perhaps it was when I said that you were "ill informed" or when I made sure you didn't "make the wrong decisions"... or perhaps it was another area of my post.... Like the part I said:

"Another piece of information is the there are 'rules' to our abilities "rule #1" about our abilities since that you obviously don't know, is that no matter what we can do, we can't use our abilities to harm others, and for personal gain."

As for your reaction to my post it is logical that you would react the way you did, "people don't like being wrong, or being told that they don't know this/that". Personally I myself will overlook YOUR antagonist remarks, whereas YOU were being hostile towards me. Did I say you were stupid, or say anything about YOU personally? No I simply stated what you showed to not know what we were discussing about, it was my mistake of attempting to educate you... If your 3 years old or 90, you can still learn something without being an antagonist... As I see you have been through Vietnam, thank you and congratulations on coming back (I'm Canadian and I'm still thanking you), but because you grew up in that era your generation is simply 'stubborn' if you try to debunk that or not I don't care its still true. As for the "education" I received I accept it, and deduce the facts myself (like anyone who can think for themselves).

As for your opinion, have it, everyone has their own its your and everyone else' right, and as you very well state "I have my opinion and I will state it wherever and whenever I please. If you don't agree with it, it's your problem."...Wait...Can't that work both ways??? No wait... Your the only one in this world that it works for... Pfft please, this is a place to discuss things, debate, even argue, but it still doesn't make one person right and the other wrong, we all have our own beliefs and values as I stated before... Whether or not you listen to and denote the facts or not is entirely up to you. I have an ability that will and forever surpass the meaning of your entire life, I'm sorry to be the antagonist here but its true, your existence means nothing to me, your sole purpose at these forums are to satisfy your own lust to make others feel bad, or to destroy their beliefs. Just because you lost your life or sanity in a war doesn't mean you can go around and tell everyone "No your wrong, That can't be because I don't believe it is, etc."... I have probably helped more people in my 30 odd posts that you have your entire life!!

When you make fun of me and people here who have their own beliefs, than your privileges should be revoked... Frankly I would like to hear from ALL the people you have actually helped.... Maybe they could tell me that you did SOME good on this forum.... Otherwise from all the posts I read through your name, not one of them were "pro".

Nothing less.

??? Wait this isn't being an antagonist is it ????

My response was only to INFORM some who was ILL INFORMED... nothing more and nothing less...

Ah and perhaps since that I am psychic (or have read your other posts [not all] and understood your way of thinking) and I did know your response? But didn't explain to everyone what it would be, since that you could have easily just said "No I wouldn't". As for my "antagonism" I'm sorry if you understood my typing, grammar, use of one word or something, but as I entered my first sentence:

"OK you have your values and beliefs and I have mine, but before you go being an ill informed person who makes the wrong decisions I have to tell you a little tidbit of advice..."

Which is CLEARLY pro antagonism... Explain to me how this was denoted in your train of thought... As for what I meant by "the rules" I was not referring to the rules of this site, I was referring to the rules of the universe... Perhaps it was when I said that you were "ill informed" or when I made sure you didn't "make the wrong decisions"... or perhaps it was another area of my post.... Like the part I said:

"Another piece of information is the there are 'rules' to our abilities "rule #1" about our abilities since that you obviously don't know, is that no matter what we can do, we can't use our abilities to harm others, and for personal gain."

As for your reaction to my post it is logical that you would react the way you did, "people don't like being wrong, or being told that they don't know this/that". Personally I myself will overlook YOUR antagonist remarks, whereas YOU were being hostile towards me. Did I say you were stupid, or say anything about YOU personally? No I simply stated what you showed to not know what we were discussing about, it was my mistake of attempting to educate you... If your 3 years old or 90, you can still learn something without being an antagonist... As I see you have been through Vietnam, thank you and congratulations on coming back (I'm Canadian and I'm still thanking you), but because you grew up in that era your generation is simply 'stubborn' if you try to debunk that or not I don't care its still true. As for the "education" I received I accept it, and deduce the facts myself (like anyone who can think for themselves).

As for your opinion, have it, everyone has their own its your and everyone else' right, and as you very well state "I have my opinion and I will state it wherever and whenever I please. If you don't agree with it, it's your problem."...Wait...Can't that work both ways??? No wait... Your the only one in this world that it works for... Pfft please, this is a place to discuss things, debate, even argue, but it still doesn't make one person right and the other wrong, we all have our own beliefs and values as I stated before... Whether or not you listen to and denote the facts or not is entirely up to you. I have an ability that will and forever surpass the meaning of your entire life, I'm sorry to be the antagonist here but its true, your existence means nothing to me, your sole purpose at these forums are to satisfy your own lust to make others feel bad, or to destroy their beliefs. Just because you lost your life or sanity in a war doesn't mean you can go around and tell everyone "No your wrong, That can't be because I don't believe it is, etc."... I have probably helped more people in my 30 odd posts that you have your entire life!!

When you make fun of me and people here who have their own beliefs, than your privileges should be revoked... Frankly I would like to hear from ALL the people you have actually helped.... Maybe they could tell me that you did SOME good on this forum.... Otherwise from all the posts I read through your name, not one of them were "pro".

Lots of words to say very little. If you object to my skepticism, live with it. My comment about winniing the lottery was sincere. It was NOT making fun of anyone. Stop being so sensitive and get a life.

No, opinions are not one way . . . . I have never proposed that and have been willing to debate on any thread. But debate is not attacking someone because they are skeptical of your claims. In doing so, you have opposed the very rules you established that "but it still doesn't make one person right and the other wrong."

I stated my opinion and was willing to leave it at that. It was, as the posts will prove, you who came back with your accusations and hostility.

Edited by Dr. D

??? Wait this isn't being an antagonist is it ????

My response was only to INFORM some who was ILL INFORMED... nothing more and nothing less...

For once you are right . . . . it was not being antagonistic. It was a declaration that I need evidence to believe in psychics. I gave an example of what I would consider evidence. If you think that's antagonistic, you're wrong after all.

I'm sorry to be the antagonist here but its true, your existence means nothing to me, your sole purpose at these forums are to satisfy your own lust to make others feel bad, or to destroy their beliefs. Just because you lost your life or sanity in a war doesn't mean you can go around and tell everyone "No your wrong, That can't be because I don't believe it is, etc."... I have probably helped more people in my 30 odd posts that you have your entire life!!

This is really too ignorant to deserve a reply but I will tell you that I have written 14 books since returning from Vietnam and some are still in Amazon. One became a movie. That is hardly the work of insanity.

I have participated in and donated more money to humanitarian projects than you ever learned to pronounce.

I did not judge you personally by offering my opinion about psychics. But if your post is an example of being psychic, then it's more like being psycho.

Nothing less.

I once wanted to win the lottery when I was much younger. I was lucid dreaming really good at that stage and remembering dreams and so as a challange I thought how about I try to dream the lotto numbers. So that night I said to mysellf that I would dream of the numbers. Anyway I dreamt that I was at my grandmothers house( who had died not long before) and I was looking over her shoulder as she was reading the lotto numnbers from the screen. So it was like we were watching it on tv and she was ticking them off as the numbers were being read out. Anyway I got all the numbers and when I woke up I was too lazy to turn the light on the write them down. I figured I would remember them in the morning but when morning came I only remembered the first two. I think they were 46 and 13, anyway so I told my friend about it and then bought a lotto ticket and used those two numbers in that order I think iit was for everygame but the other numbers I guessed. and wasnt sure of. Anyway when the numbers were drawn they were the same numbers as my dream and in the same order. So I got the first two straight away in every game but alas did not win because I was lazy.

Nothing less.

I am excelent at guessing random things including lottery numbers lol :)

My aunt let me pick her lottery numbers once and I was only off by one

number and it was like a 3 or something and it should have been a four

I think but o well she one the next one but is was only a small cash prise

but better than nothing :)

I also am good on multipule choice questions like on test and stuff

like if i dont have the answer i think about it and try to imagine which

one is the correct answer and almost 99.9% of the time i am right

Kaelie:)

So wait not all psychics cant control when they have dreams or visions?

I cant control my dreams but that is mainly because i talk to the dead

go into others heads and see through their eyes i practically go back in

time when i wake up and when i am predicting the choice i think is right

i typically just close my eyes and i think of the four choices or so like

a b c or d and then after a minute the correct one appears

is that normal? :unsure:

Whether or not you listen to and denote the facts or not is entirely up to you. I have an ability that will and forever surpass the meaning of your entire life, I'm sorry to be the antagonist here but its true, your existence means nothing to me, your sole purpose at these forums are to satisfy your own lust to make others feel bad, or to destroy their beliefs. Just because you lost your life or sanity in a war doesn't mean you can go around and tell everyone "No your wrong, That can't be because I don't believe it is, etc."... I have probably helped more people in my 30 odd posts that you have your entire life!!

these would not be the words of a person who seeks to help others IMO but to hurt them, it is a ad hominen attack on a person that speaks of irrational accusations and defensiveness because Dr.D questions a claim before concluding it is valid........

Edited by Tangerine Sheri

these would not be the words of a person who seeks to help others IMO but to hurt them, it is a ad hominen attack on a person that speaks of irrational accusations and defensiveness because Dr.D questions a claim before concluding it is valid........

I have already retracted my statements towards him personally, I am now discussing why he believes his beliefs. My "attack" was because I took what he had posted the entire day I first joined to be basically a jerk, I had not known the man personally and still don't. He now knows why I had said the things I did and even now I respect him as a person, but I merely made an ill informed decision myself and attempted to protect others rights of stating their opinions (though he made his own opinion but I took it as him making fun of the person).

I will try to not make the same mistake again, and will respect someone else' opinions even if it means they are making fun of someone, or putting down their beliefs and values...

I have already retracted my statements towards him personally, I am now discussing why he believes his beliefs. My "attack" was because I took what he had posted the entire day I first joined to be basically a jerk, I had not known the man personally and still don't. He now knows why I had said the things I did and even now I respect him as a person, but I merely made an ill informed decision myself and attempted to protect others rights of stating their opinions (though he made his own opinion but I took it as him making fun of the person).

I will try to not make the same mistake again, and will respect someone else' opinions even if it means they are making fun of someone, or putting down their beliefs and values...

wonderful, he is actually a very lovely person who is very fair and a good friend to have...it can be intimidating at first on um, welcome...

..linked-image

Edited by Tangerine Sheri

wonderful, he is actually a very lovely person who is very fair and a good friend to have...it can be intimidating at first on um, welcome...

..linked-image

Personally I don't know the man enough to say anything like that lol, but I am still discussing our views on the subjects of religion which also correspond to the beliefs of psychics... but what I have always been hard to get by is how many people exaggerate, or misinterpret, or even make up their abilities... I mean I'm all for convincing more people in believing, but I want them to understand the truth, not more Hollywood....

Without all the explanation and drama, you will just know. You will not have to ask yourself or anyone else. It is already there.

Without all the explanation and drama, you will just know. You will not have to ask yourself or anyone else. It is already there.

Yes this is true, but still you have to have confirmation that what you are experiencing is actually what is happening... Some people may experience something that seems to be "spiritual" but down the road turns into a mental condition.... Do you get what I mean?

Yes this is true, but still you have to have confirmation that what you are experiencing is actually what is happening... Some people may experience something that seems to be "spiritual" but down the road turns into a mental condition.... Do you get what I mean?

Yes, I agree.

I believe that you won't know if you are psychic or not because to you, it would seem natural.

Not necessarily, when your whole life you are told that something is not normal, or crazy, but you experience it day to day, and there is nothing wrong with you... the doctors check everything... CT scan, etc... and they can't find out what it is... Or false diagnosis, by all psychologists... etc. etc.

Not necessarily, when your whole life you are told that something is not normal, or crazy, but you experience it day to day, and there is nothing wrong with you... the doctors check everything... CT scan, etc... and they can't find out what it is... Or false diagnosis, by all psychologists... etc. etc.

But then isn't it true that people would just keep it to themselves if they think it is normal?

Technically, being psychic would BE a mental condition, since "psyche" and "mind" are synonymous terms. As for whether certain people have "special abilties," such as telepathy, psychokinesis, clairvoyance, etc., I'm a skeptic on the issue.

I do believe that thought and memory are "psychic powers," in the mundane sense of that phrase, that is, that thought and memory aren't simply neurological effects, even if they do seem to depend on having a brain. I've met people who are much smarter than I am and people who have a much better memory than I do, so I suppose it's possible for other, more extraordinary abilities to exist. Maybe different people have different "ranges" of the various mental abilities, and some of us simply lack one or more of them.

Nevertheless, as a skeptic, I'd need to have extraordinary supporting evidence before I just believed somebody who said he or she was telepathic, psychokinetic, clairvoyant, etc. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, otherwise one might as well just believe whatever anybody says, however bizarre it is. That attitude is called gullibility, which is a con man's best ally and fool's worst enemy.

Edited by CausticGnostic

Nevertheless, as a skeptic, I'd need to have extraordinary supporting evidence before I just believed somebody who said he or she was telepathic, psychokinetic, clairvoyant, etc. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, otherwise one might as well just believe whatever anybody says, however bizarre it is. That attitude is called gullibility, which is a con man's best ally and fool's worst enemy.

But not believing everything is also not good. People cannot function if they doubt other people constantly.

A that gets to the point where if there was no doubt to what the laws were 300 years ago would we be where we are now? Or even further back... Like what about if the church didn't have to burn and kill all those pagans? Just because you didn't believe something back then you were to be killed... If you did not agree with what your kings degree was you were hung for treason... There was no free thought, if there was still no free thought we wouldn't be where we would now... LOL the concept of gravity!!!, or the world is flat!!!... but you get what I mean :D

Total skepticism, as George Santayana once pointed out, would reduce one to solipsism. But skepticism doesn't need to operate at the same level on every issue. Common facts of experience and ordinary claims don't require the same level of validation as uncommon facts or extraordinary claims. A failure to recognize and distinguish between these different epistemic levels leads to relativism, which while it seems to be irrefutable in aesthetics, morality, and politics, when applied to logic and science, renders analysis useless. In other words, all claims are not equal, nor are all truths "true" on the same level. Nevertheless, in my opinion, an extreme solipsistic skepticism would be vastly preferable to an extreme undiscriminating credulity--which only amounts, I suppose, to saying that it's better to make a fool of oneself than to be made a fool of by everybody else. . . .

This is really too ignorant to deserve a reply but I will tell you that I have written 14 books since returning from Vietnam and some are still in Amazon. One became a movie. That is hardly the work of insanity.

I remember that movie! It was 'Tropic Thunder' wasn't it? :lol:

I'm just joking! :P

I just wanted to say thanks for your service, it is appreciated! :tu: