Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I Psychic or Crazy, sos

SurfingBetty

Hi,

I feel weird posting on a blog but here goes nothing...

Im 17yrs old and I have had a gnawing question on my mind since I was a kid.

So since I was a kid i have had two strange things happen to me, Intense deja vu and a uncanny ability to tell people their life histories, their most personal fears and what their parents fight about and how it effects them.

When i go to bed at night i some times have really vivid dreams of random moments, like my teacher giving a lecture or chilling with friends. But what creeps me out sometimes is the strong deja vu i have the next day or within the comming days where i actually go through what i dreamed. like i woke up one morning and said to myself, "my cats gonna die today" for like no apparent reason, and she did, and the samething happened with my grandfather and friend.

Also i am really good at reading people, (and if u want i can give u ppls cell numbers who can attest to this.) since i was like ten i have been really good at kinda knowing what random people are feeling and what they are afraid of. but i dont know if i have psychic abilities because i dont hear what they are thinking or see anything, i just kinda know. and it bugs me cause when people are in a really bad mood or someting i get into the same funk if im not careful, and its annoying cause im not even friends with these ppl. and i can tell ppl that i dont know their problems, like i told the girl who sits next to me in software that she was adopted, (which she never told me) and that she thinks that people are talking behind her back to the point that she withdraws and ignores ppl for days, and that her mom is blonde and mean to her, and that her father tries to stop her but ends up backing down; and i did all of this without knowing her at all. stuff like that seems to allways be happening. and i know what ppl are gonna tell me before they do, like when my boyfirend (who at the time was just an acquantence) asked me out he just met me in class and i said yes before he even said hi.

If im crazy let me know, but this really bugs me so be gentle.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dsm_luck

• SurfingBetty

• jepeto

• Crainer

No idea if you're crazy. Read me and I'll tell you. ;)

Hi,

So since I was a kid i have had two strange things happen to me, Intense deja vu and a uncanny ability to tell people their life histories, their most personal fears and what their parents fight about and how it effects them.

When i go to bed at night i some times have really vivid dreams of random moments, like my teacher giving a lecture or chilling with friends. But what creeps me out sometimes is the strong deja vu i have the next day or within the comming days where i actually go through what i dreamed. like i woke up one morning and said to myself, "my cats gonna die today" for like no apparent reason, and she did, and the samething happened with my grandfather and friend.

Also i am really good at reading people, (and if u want i can give u ppls cell numbers who can attest to this.) since i was like ten i have been really good at kinda knowing what random people are feeling and what they are afraid of. but i dont know if i have psychic abilities because i dont hear what they are thinking or see anything, i just kinda know. and it bugs me cause when people are in a really bad mood or someting i get into the same funk if im not careful, and its annoying cause im not even friends with these ppl. and i can tell ppl that i dont know their problems, like i told the girl who sits next to me in software that she was adopted, (which she never told me) and that she thinks that people are talking behind her back to the point that she withdraws and ignores ppl for days, and that her mom is blonde and mean to her, and that her father tries to stop her but ends up backing down; and i did all of this without knowing her at all. stuff like that seems to allways be happening. and i know what ppl are gonna tell me before they do, like when my boyfirend (who at the time was just an acquantence) asked me out he just met me in class and i said yes before he even said hi.

Can you do these things with people you have never met in person? If so we could easily test your ability to reproduce this phenomenon. If not I would suggest that you start keeping a detailed log or video blog when you get these feelings of premonition. This might help others to tell if you are indeed missing something logical to explain what you are feeling. Im a skeptic but I do believe that you do feel that this is really happening to you, and is affecting your life so it is in your best interest to get a valid answer. You may after all just have a strong sense of empathy and be able to pick up on emotional cues in people far better than the average person.

Can you do these things with people you have never met in person? If so we could easily test your ability to reproduce this phenomenon. If not I would suggest that you start keeping a detailed log or video blog when you get these feelings of premonition. This might help others to tell if you are indeed missing something logical to explain what you are feeling. Im a skeptic but I do believe that you do feel that this is really happening to you, and is affecting your life so it is in your best interest to get a valid answer. You may after all just have a strong sense of empathy and be able to pick up on emotional cues in people far better than the average person.

Unfortunatly i can only do my profiles with people in my immeadate vicinity and not like over the internert, but i like ur idea to keep a diray of everything. Thank you.

Hi,

You won't be able to understand this until you are out of highschool. But I promise you that when you are, you WILL understand.

Unfortunatly i can only do my profiles with people in my immeadate vicinity and not like over the internert, but i like ur idea to keep a diray of everything. Thank you.

Well what i suggest is that you keep a log of it with times and dates in an attempt to be able to put some hard data to what your are experiencing. If you can successful predict an event before it happens, and document it before the event actually happens it will be easier for other people to understand what is going on with you. If you are genuinely making correct predictions then you will at least answered your initial question, and can delve further into what is happening with you. However, if you are finding that the logs are making sense to you but other people are disagreeing with the results it may be time to self examine and attempt to see look for other more mundane answers to what you are experiencing.

You won't be able to understand this until you are out of highschool. But I promise you that when you are, you WILL understand.

Care to explain that statement?

Interesting, but it would be nice to do a couple tests to back it up. Try to make some form of a quantitative data chart of your accuracy with people.

Having dreams that happen in real life the next day is pretty basic sign of being psychic.

As for being crazy ? Well, there are only two types of humans when it comes to sanity. Those of us who are insane and know we are crazy, and those of us who are insane but remain utterly oblivious to it.

Edited by Xenojjin

I don't think your crazy you have a gift that doesn't make sense to you. I believe in some way you will get an answer for this question someway shape or form. Just embrace who you are and not that nagging feeling of trying to figure out what you are. There's so many signs out there and eventually they will add up and then you will understand.

Edited by Jennasynn

Hmmm, well as u can see I am new to this board. I just joined! But I thought I could give u some insight to ur problem.

I also suffer from EXTREME Deja vu, On some RARE occasions I may feel myself going insane saying "I KNOW I lived this day before!".

I have been suffering from it since I was a child, I'm 18 now and as I have gotten older it has gotten better.

I hate to say it but I think extreme deja vu is a sign of the brain maturing. I'm not a TOTAL skeptic but I do think a LOT of teenagers and children experience it because it is the brain reacting to new hormones and chemicals, when I use to complain to my mother about it she would say that she got it all the time as well and not to worry it will fade in time and I think she was right.

As for the OTHER experiences u mentioned, it seems like u may be on to something there... being able to know that your cat and friend was going to die is very strange. I had a similar situation with my great-grandmother when she died when I was 8, that day just felt so strange and out of place to me, but I didn't think she would actually die, anywho I'm rambling...

I think us hould journal these events like stated before and just keep track of them, that is the best way to deal with any internal mental change/issue.

Edited by Mia B

Hi,

Hello and welcome to UM.

It is a very mixed group here. There are many diverse points of view in reguard to members like yourself. I hope you can wade through all the various responses and become comfortable with it all. Each person has their particular set of experiences and for the most part, this has established their reality perceptions.

For the most part, it is not a good idea to prove these kind of skills to others. They will resent it, then send inappropriate vibrations in your direction. We are all equally cherished human beings however most of us can not understand this concept. They do not see the human as an expression of the all powerful energy being that they are. We are all equal to each other with different sets of demonstratable skills. This is done with purpose and forethought. We work together on a divine plan we have all agreed to but that none of us can remember when we are human.

A brief explanation for how I see the experiences that you have described is this. You are tapping into the collective energy field that all of us are connected to. I have a web site on my profile that may be of interest to you. It talks about telepathy as a method of connecting to other beings, however I have also used it with objects. Once you realize all physical manifestations reflect a conscious energy, much of what you have experienced will make better sense to you.

I would encourage you toward self reflection and a connection with your inner guidance system. This will assist you with your intended purpose for your current lifetime.

John

I agree with John

I think the best temporary solution for you would be to find somewhere supportive where people dont shut you down or wanting to 'burn you'. Goodness...

Send me a PM and I will gladly send you a link where you will find all the support and explanations for your situation. As well as answer an questions you need answered.

Go well

Hunches, insights, instincts, the so-called "female intuition", empathetic understanding, clever guesses, whatever name sounds right, "flexing the psychic muscles"...

As far as saying something before you are asked, or telling someone something that they didn't particularly ask about at the time, the whole entire "picking-up on people": there can be such a thing as a "mental etiquette", allowing someone to have the privacy of their thoughts and feelings, regardless if you can "pick-up" on them or not. It makes for being polite, nice, and courteous---and that may help to keep you "separate" from them and not have their bad moods overwhelm your own---respecting their "personal" space, their mental, physical, "psychic", or emotional space, whatever make sense to you. Of course it's the gloomy moods that aren't wanted, as you said, but there is nothing wrong with letting someone's sunny personality warm you up as well! It's like inspiration for your own self, reminds you of your own good feelings, and "recharges your batteries".

(The personal space and privacy thing: it's sort of like anyone going around and asking a stranger they happen to see, "Hey, what's on your mind?", or "What are you thinking about now?"---not exactly polite manners, and the idea is to allow people their privacy, their own personal "sphere of comfort", that "bubble of protection" that seems necessary.)

I mean, when someone wants to talk, they usually find some way to. Same thing with any intuitions or dreams you may have: when it's necessary to know, you'll "pick-up" what you need to. There's a reason why such abilities may exist, and if it's anything it's for good. Of course, nothing wrong with getting some friends together and having a good time with it all. Playing around and joking about it, keeping it all lighthearted, or working with it or anything like that, but when things are really personal and touchy, then not everyone needs to know. Sometimes it's better to keep silent.

Like the others said, as you get older, or rather more experienced and more comfortable with it all, when you accept whatever skills and abilities you have, things become clearer over time. Not necessarily easier---it seems the more you learn, the more there is to learn, but you should get just as much as you can handle. ;)

Trust your own instincts and impulses in any case, they're essentially "good" and meant to be constructive and even helpful, for you, for others, for anyone (who knows?), and remember that---like a kid with a new toy!----anything can be misused or worn out. (Don't want to break the new toy, and especially the older one that's still hanging in there after all these years!)

Care to explain that statement?

Why? It's quite obvious.

Hello and welcome to UM.

It is a very mixed group here. There are many diverse points of view in reguard to members like yourself. I hope you can wade through all the various responses and become comfortable with it all. Each person has their particular set of experiences and for the most part, this has established their reality perceptions.

For the most part, it is not a good idea to prove these kind of skills to others. They will resent it, then send inappropriate vibrations in your direction. We are all equally cherished human beings however most of us can not understand this concept. They do not see the human as an expression of the all powerful energy being that they are. We are all equal to each other with different sets of demonstratable skills. This is done with purpose and forethought. We work together on a divine plan we have all agreed to but that none of us can remember when we are human.

A brief explanation for how I see the experiences that you have described is this. You are tapping into the collective energy field that all of us are connected to. I have a web site on my profile that may be of interest to you. It talks about telepathy as a method of connecting to other beings, however I have also used it with objects. Once you realize all physical manifestations reflect a conscious energy, much of what you have experienced will make better sense to you.

I would encourage you toward self reflection and a connection with your inner guidance system. This will assist you with your intended purpose for your current lifetime.

John

Reality has established my perceptions. I do not use readings or movies based on fiction to establish what is real and not real.

And these kinds of "skills" have NEVER been proven.

Don't know if the OP is still around or not. Welcome aboard if you are, Betty.

I liked dsm luck's suggestion to investigate actively, specifically with a log. i don't know how that will turn out, so let me comment on what you wrote in your post.

Deja vu, by its nature, is intense and convincing. It is a straightforward mechanical mistake in the routine processing of short term memories into longer term ones. Such mistakes are literally inevitable; everyone will have these experiences because they cannot be avoided.

Inference about people's current emotional states and their likely causes is a skill with obvious survival value. Like every other skill I have ever heard of, some people are better at it than others. You do it well. That's great, but as you note, you need to be in contact with the person, that is, to let the vast amount of "tell" that almost all of us send out 24/7/365 wash over you.

As to dreams, they are thoughts. A lot of dream thought, like much of waking idle thought, is about possibilities for how things are, and how they might soon become. It is inevitable that some of those possibilities will be true or will then come to pass. That is part of what possibility means.

I cannot answer the question asked. All I can say is that there is nothing reported in your post, not one single thing, that exceeds the range of experience of ordinary sane people whose cognition relies completely on natural perception, recall and inference.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I dont think you are crazy..but your story seem like you are expriencing a psychic power. when these things unexplained in normal way..that's we call a paranormal..when mention about paranormal..so there is a psychic relevancy.

please correct me guys.

Hi,

well, i dont think youre crazy. most of us experience deja vu anywayz....... ^_^

im pretty sure its normal, and if not, youre just experiencing physic powers that you probably have. everyone does but some people, have it strong enough to the extent that they use it willingly and well, maybe youre one of those people....

not if she weighs more than a duck. She gotta float just like a duck

She turned me into a newt!... Well I got better...

Anyways. No you're not crazy. I get deja vu ALOT but unfortunately don't have any abilities such as yours.

Keep a journal and enjoy your gift.

Hi there

I used to have more or less exactly the same things happen to me when I was younger. I had a weird thing with reading people's lifestories too... Emotions, premonitions, reading thoughts... It drove me crazy because it contradicts all the beliefs I try to have and live by. I have a scientific explanation for what happened to me though....

I was bullied, VERY severely. Because of this, according to doctors who spent months investigating my very reactive adrenaline levels (not a malfunction of a gland as it went quite normal during sleep), this was because my body went into fight or flight mode, and never really popped out of it.

Another weird thing is I have abnormally high levels of oestrogen. So the two factors combined may be playing a role. Depending on your medical profile you could get this looked at... If you have a typically "female" form (not very hairy, *spam filter*, big bum, put on weight on your thighs rather than your waist), then it could be hormones playing a role. If you have painful periods or anything please see a doctor and suggest Poly/Multicystic ovarian syndrome to them. (Its actually the latter that I have but its not properly distinguished in the UK) Either way the treatment is the same, check for big cysts on your ovaries and put you on the pill (best one for it: Yasmin).

Back to my theory.... the body has emergency defences for all other kinds of stressors, e.g. people can fight 4x as hard if their adrenaline kicks in, so it makes sense that if the threat is psychological, my body would give me the ability to spot whats coming, read peoples' minds a little bit. e.g. I used to see if people had been raped just by looking at them, and in the worst cases, I saw their memories of it. No, watching an 8 year old be raped by their uncle, then finding out that was not your imagination, is not pleasant. I DID end up telling the girl and my then boyfriend what I had seen, and the girl was fine with it... She herself was open to the idea and called herself Wiccan. The boyfriend found it weird. He did not like how I could read him and his friends so easily. A later boyfriend liked it about me, and called it my "(my real name)y sense".

I had to suppress it though. I stayed away from the conspiracy stuff I was into, I stayed away from stressful relationships and I minimised my intake of alcohol and took no drugs or caffeine.

I think if I hadn't have done, it would have driven me insane. Interestingly enough, years later, I am in the beginnings of a new relationship and the guy concerned finds this stuff interesting, so I am looking into it a little again. But I am proceding with extreme caution. Stuff like reading auras and psychic transmission is stuff I put to one side, maybe using the former as a party trick if it comes up in conversation. As for the latter, I haven't done it for years, but once knew a Pagan guy who I used to have fun practicing with. And reading his aura of many layers.

Its the kind of thing that people who do not have it, envy, but those who do have it, wish they didn't. It has its uses, and I suppose I passively use it even now when interacting with people (I am known for my honesty, yet when required I can be believed regardless of the lie I am telling... another party trick). I suppose I also still use it in knowing who to avoid.

But my advice to you is this:

+ Do not obsess about your abilities (Its rare, but not unheard of, Sister I am in the same boat! ;) )

+ Do not rely upon your abilities (I believe they disappear when we become happy / our adrenaline levels settle)

+ Use and trust your abilities in the simple, practical ways... (Its okay to trust your instinct about people, to shun someone that the rest of your friends like because you see something they don't - YOU are correct, they don't see it, but they will, and it will be too late for them)

+ Do not conform to a dumb stereotype and start practicing some occult religion. (Then, you will be confusing what you WANT to be true with what actually IS. You will just find yourself surrounded with a load of fakes who say it happens to them too, when it doesn't. Believe me. Those who actually have it, would rather not shout about it. Myself, I guess I went through phases like a lot of people, but these days I have my own sort of style, my own sort of politics, my own sort of interests. Use your abilities to enhance what you are, not become what you are.)

+ Keep it under wraps (Don't tell everyone about it, it will freak them out and you will alienate yourself. Remember it is just one of the many things that make you you, it is not "special" as the ungifted admirers would have you believe, it is just "different". There are many other things about you which are different and special too I am sure. Those are probably equally if not more important).

Good luck dear, I hope you hang onto your sanity! ;) Remember the key is acceptance not obsession.

Hi,

You sound a lot like me, except just a little more psychic. Which I envy you for, haha. You're not crazy, you're just very gifted spirituality, and you should caress your abilities.

Also, to those who've said stuff like "oh you'll understand all of this when you get out of high school"--she is freaking SEVENTEEN. She only probably has a year or half a year left in high school. Do you expect her to miraculously come to some sort of revelation that explains all of her life mysteries the minute she graduates?!!!!!