Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I Psychic or Crazy, sos

SurfingBetty

No you aren't crazy. the same thing happens to me, just on a smaller scale and less often. When i unfocus my eyes, i can do... stuff i don't know much about what i can do. Help?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dsm_luck

• SurfingBetty

• Insight

• The Orpheus

how about neither? I'm not saying you're not psychic or something, but I don't see why option b is crazy. Haven't read intervening posts but let me see if this breaks it down:

A)You dream. Sometimes they seem to be precognitive in nature (about the future).

B)You're perceptive about the people you meet to what you as well as at least some friends/acquaintances deem to be an uncanny degree.

Whether you have some psychic activity going on or not, you don't seem to be crazy from the aforementioned factors. Are you psychic? Maybe. Maybe not. You'd be amazed at how smart the plain old subconscious can be, we can distill a great deal of information from very small behaviors of people that nobody would normally notice, and we may have a dream that correlates to a likely future but is simply correlated because of intelligence or chance. Or maybe you're psychic. Precognitive dreams and empathy are probably amongst the least exotic, and to my understanding and knowledge some of the more common ways that psychic activity seems to manifest.

I don't have any resources for the empathy/whatever else goes along with the empath thing, but the most authoritative study on dreams and PSI that I know of is appropriately called 'Dream Telepathy' by Ullman MD, Krippner Ph D, and Vaughan. I haven't read it yet, but I assume the only chapter, or the chapter that focuses most heavily on precog. dreams is ch. 14 titled "Dreaming of things to come".

I did a quick google looking to see if the book is online, but I only see it for sale. Noticed this video, it's part of a series on studies by Krippner, probably on the same topic as the book considering the book's published in '73.

http://www.psychicscience.org/viddreamtel.aspx

Whatever you are, good luck with life! :tsu:

Edited by Tokoyo

Yeah, you're psychic. Deja vu is when you have a precognitive dream and then when you end up experiencing the event in the physical world that sensation creeps over you. I got it very strongly on an airplane once and had to quietly freak out, but that was way back before I knew this stuff was real

-High five from another psychic-

^.^

Thanks to everyone who replied : ) its been much appreciated, I have been taking what you all have been saying into consideration and I am starting to work them into my peer aid sessions, under the radar of course (because im a peer counselor at my school). I also have been able to profile some people from this website which is cool cause i have never been able to do that before!

thanks everyone : )

• 3 weeks later...

I get the same feeling a lot of the time, what i feel is nearly the exact same thing that you just described, except for the reading people thing, i don't get that but it seems that if i will something to happen then most of the time it will but not in the most expected way.one example is me and my Dad were hanging out and i had been feeling the whole psychic feeling and i wanted to see if i could actually do things like that so i just thought of him saying yes, i willed it for about 30 seconds and then my dog ran up to him and he looked at her and said "yes do you want to come up?". I feel ya (it kind of scares me a lot)

Also today something happened to me, i felt some urge to turn my phone on vibrate(i'm in high school) and then in less than a minute i had gotten a text message.

Edited by Crainer

Hi,

I feel weird posting on a blog but here goes nothing...

Im 17yrs old and I have had a gnawing question on my mind since I was a kid.

So since I was a kid i have had two strange things happen to me, Intense deja vu and a uncanny ability to tell people their life histories, their most personal fears and what their parents fight about and how it effects them.

When i go to bed at night i some times have really vivid dreams of random moments, like my teacher giving a lecture or chilling with friends. But what creeps me out sometimes is the strong deja vu i have the next day or within the comming days where i actually go through what i dreamed. like i woke up one morning and said to myself, "my cats gonna die today" for like no apparent reason, and she did, and the samething happened with my grandfather and friend.

Also i am really good at reading people, (and if u want i can give u ppls cell numbers who can attest to this.) since i was like ten i have been really good at kinda knowing what random people are feeling and what they are afraid of. but i dont know if i have psychic abilities because i dont hear what they are thinking or see anything, i just kinda know. and it bugs me cause when people are in a really bad mood or someting i get into the same funk if im not careful, and its annoying cause im not even friends with these ppl. and i can tell ppl that i dont know their problems, like i told the girl who sits next to me in software that she was adopted, (which she never told me) and that she thinks that people are talking behind her back to the point that she withdraws and ignores ppl for days, and that her mom is blonde and mean to her, and that her father tries to stop her but ends up backing down; and i did all of this without knowing her at all. stuff like that seems to allways be happening. and i know what ppl are gonna tell me before they do, like when my boyfirend (who at the time was just an acquantence) asked me out he just met me in class and i said yes before he even said hi.

If im crazy let me know, but this really bugs me so be gentle.

Personally I used to get the deja vu thing a lot when I was a child, I believe it was a function of remote viewing through others (family, friends) I was close to.

As I detailed in a thread I started, I attended the Silva Method seminars in the 70's, it opened my eyes about a lot of this.

However I would digress from others who may tell you to keep logbooks of all your peculiar dreams, etc. You indeed may have a gift, as I believe I do, however I also believe it should be treated with humble respect, not abused, or at best it may consume and become you, at worst, possibly destroy you.

I believe it was meant as a tool for our survival. Appreciate it for that, use it as you need, but go about your life, don't let it be your life.

Early man hunted hoofed mammals by chasing them for miles, often an entire day, until the animal collapsed from exhaustion. When this man came to the head of a trail and it forked, he had a split second to make an instant decision which way to go - failure could mean starvation for him or his family. Most or all of his senses would come into play, the smell of the animal's sweat and urine, the sound of a broken branch, the dart of motion in his eye, even the wind across the hairs on his chest,to guage the directions of sound and smell. More calculations than modern computers can make. Yet he did not think intellectually, it was by pure instinct he chose. The hunter who loitered to overthink the whole thing, well he didn't do so well. In the same vein, psychics put in white lab coats under bright lights and told to bend spoons also don't do too well.

An old saying is "your first instinct is the correct one". I think the "sixth sense" is just that, but also a way to govern the other five.

"We don't know why we know things, we just know them." Above all, with humility.

"Crainer" relates experience in transmitting a thought. A few years ago a (platonic)female friend who I shared a strong connection with was at my house and that evening I was feeling particularly communicative, and after she left and closed the door I immediately attempted to lapse into a relaxed state, counted slowly from 10 to 3, (didn't feel the need to go to 1) and simply thought "stop.... go back" repeatedly, and about 8 seconds later the front door opens and she is standing there perplexed, and asks "what?"

I said "I called you." She said "I know." I asked her where she heard my voice coming from. She just smiled, and laughed, as she realized what I'd done.

I've yet to try it since. I just don't think it's for parlor tricks.

I know how you feel, having powers that confuse yourself. I was confused when I suddenly was able to feel others' emotions. I've learned that the trick to it all is- embrace it, even though it confuses you and frustrates you. Explore it and like you apparently already are doing, work it in the things you do. You'd make a really good psychologist or counselor- having the ability to understand and empathize with anyone. :) Judging by what you say about your powers, I'd say you're pretty strong in the area of post-cognition. (Post-cognition is the ability to see objects or others' pasts.)

My advice- try not to verbalize everything you learn with your powers, but rather work it into your opinion and judgment of that person. You could even make friends very easily if you learn of things that you can relate to.

I guess I'd have to say, anyone who is your friend is lucky to have you. You must be a very understanding and patient person. :)

• 1 month later...

Please don't call it power. It is ability, not power. Power indicates something above others and can be demeaning to others that don't experience it. Ability is like skill.

Edited by Meiliken

• 4 months later...
I agree with John

I think the best temporary solution for you would be to find somewhere supportive where people dont shut you down or wanting to 'burn you'. Goodness...

Send me a PM and I will gladly send you a link where you will find all the support and explanations for your situation. As well as answer an questions you need answered.

Go well

OK well i would greatly appreaciate it f your send me theese links too.

As ive been expirencing such things since i was 6 i am now 15.

I feel like im being watched all the time.. and it's starting to freak me out. Like sometimes when i try to sleep ill feel something touching my legs, or my back, and hair, And i have woken up once or twice with bruises on my stomache and legs. I dont no whats going on. And i will feel like someones right behind me then i look and theres no one there.... And like all the time i have the worst dejavu. Involving people getting hurt, parents divorcing, living a day over again, and ive given my entire family and outlook on a movies that the commercials just came out for, And when it went to theatres to see it i was completely correcect. And I dreamt that my friend would be at the skate park oe day- and he breaks his kneee, A few weeks later he did, and i had a very very vivid dream about my parents gettin divorced- and all of a sudden a month later they divorced.And all the time i live days over and over again. No one believes me... :( And everytime i get dejavu i cry. Aone of course. But i do and i always feel watched its so bad. As i said ivr woken up with bruises and such. And i say to myself where the **** did that come from and i can never find a logical explanation for it. Also this has happened once. I was asleeep and i dreamt i got slapped on the back of my thigh and i woke up looked there was nothing there then i was taking a shower the next morning and there it was a very sligh- not very visible, red handmark.

Am i crazy, paranoid or whatt!!! HELP MEE.

• 1 month later...

@BriannaLovee, if you know the people and the objects that happen in the deja vu, it could just be that you have a very very, active sub-concise mind. this means that the part of your brain that your own thoughts don't control can create its own thoughts and processes. You might be asking "how do you know what its thinking?" well most of the time while you sleep it can control what you dream and can predict what might happen based purely off base logic. during the dream your body might injure itself based on the dream. when the event happens that your mind predicted you could have deja vu to the dream that you might or might not remember. As for the feeling like your being watched, i feel the same way because every now and then i feel like somebody poked me gently and nothing actually happened. hope to be of help.

Hi,

I feel weird posting on a blog but here goes nothing...

Im 17yrs old and I have had a gnawing question on my mind since I was a kid.

So since I was a kid i have had two strange things happen to me, Intense deja vu and a uncanny ability to tell people their life histories, their most personal fears and what their parents fight about and how it effects them.

When i go to bed at night i some times have really vivid dreams of random moments, like my teacher giving a lecture or chilling with friends. But what creeps me out sometimes is the strong deja vu i have the next day or within the comming days where i actually go through what i dreamed. like i woke up one morning and said to myself, "my cats gonna die today" for like no apparent reason, and she did, and the samething happened with my grandfather and friend.

Also i am really good at reading people, (and if u want i can give u ppls cell numbers who can attest to this.) since i was like ten i have been really good at kinda knowing what random people are feeling and what they are afraid of. but i dont know if i have psychic abilities because i dont hear what they are thinking or see anything, i just kinda know. and it bugs me cause when people are in a really bad mood or someting i get into the same funk if im not careful, and its annoying cause im not even friends with these ppl. and i can tell ppl that i dont know their problems, like i told the girl who sits next to me in software that she was adopted, (which she never told me) and that she thinks that people are talking behind her back to the point that she withdraws and ignores ppl for days, and that her mom is blonde and mean to her, and that her father tries to stop her but ends up backing down; and i did all of this without knowing her at all. stuff like that seems to allways be happening. and i know what ppl are gonna tell me before they do, like when my boyfirend (who at the time was just an acquantence) asked me out he just met me in class and i said yes before he even said hi.

If im crazy let me know, but this really bugs me so be gentle.

You are not crazy. You would only be crazy if you did not keep those cell numbers to yourself. I know you were probably kidding but please don't give anyone any information that could be used to identify you.

When I was a kid I often had feelings that something would happen that soon did. In my case, the things were likely to happen so there was no real mystery there. Sometimes coincidences seem like more than they really are. I don't know if that applies in your case but it is something to think about.

• 5 months later...

"There are those who are sane enough to know they are crazy, and there those who are crazy and think they are sane".

And I am sane enough to know im crazy..lol seriouly

<!--quoteo(post=2660507:date=Dec 22 2008, 04:18 AM:name=Insight)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Insight @ Dec 22 2008, 04:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2660507"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You won't be able to understand this until you are out of highschool. But I promise you that when you are, you WILL understand.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Care to explain that statement?

I'm saying that kids can come up with all sorts of imaginary reasons why they are special to help with their self esteem. I sure did. But once they get out into the real world and into real social situations where mature adults simply accept you for who you are, they no longer feel the need to invent reasons why they are special and unique, and their imagination has less tendency to run away with them.

Edited by Insight