Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gallery Photo of Excavation of Giant Skeleton

cbuch1114

The origin of thephotograph of the excavation of a giant's skeleton that is contained in The Gallery of this site is driving me crazy! Does ANYONE know if this photo is real and / or the story behind it? I have spent HOURS on search engines trying to locate a story that accompanies it. Someone PLEASE help. Thanks so much

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbuch1114

• Chauncy

• Magikman

• nothingcreativehere

Hi there - do you have a photo of it. Where was it found.

Peace.

chuch,

Yes, it is a hoax. HERE'S a link to the original discussion of the photo, the initial picture is not on the first page, but there is a repost of it on the third page of the thread.

Magikman

Magikman,

Thank you VERY MUCH for your response. FINALLY, I can relax knowing that my suspicions were validated.

• 1 month later...
chuch,

Yes, it is a hoax. HERE'S a link to the original discussion of the photo, the initial picture is not on the first page, but there is a repost of it on the third page of the thread.

Magikman

dontgetit.gif Hmmm....I'm new here so I hate to cause a ripple, but it's my understanding that this is actually a cast of a bone ande can be found at Mt. Blanco Museum in Texas. Website is http://www.mtblanco.com/MtBlancoTour.htm

There aren't a lot of details so I suppose anything is possible....

I was actually there and picked my teeth with one of the bones. It was interesting. Just kidding. Looks too big, but anything is possible.

chuch,

Magikman

dontgetit.gif Hmmm....I'm new here so I hate to cause a ripple, but it's my understanding that this is actually a cast of a bone ande can be found at Mt. Blanco Museum in Texas. Website is http://www.mtblanco.com/MtBlancoTour.htm

There aren't a lot of details so I suppose anything is possible....

No... that 'cast' made there (and I don't know what they base that off anyway) is nowhere near the size of this 'skeleton' in this hoax photo. The scale is on a literal giant size. The 'giants' in that museum are maybe 12' tall, assuming everything falls into place there. This giant is mastadon size... literally.

This is the Entry.

It was made using images here of a mastadon excavation.

A before and after:

user posted image

If that photo in the previous post was for real (though it is a known fake), that giant human would be considerably taller than 12 feet.

The human head is roughly 1/7 the length of the body in total. That skull, assuming the guy alongside is 6 foot tall, is about 5 to 5 1/2 foot long. That would make the person a giant indeed.......35-40 feet high!!!

Edited by Ozmeister

There is a mastadon excavation a few miles from my house. It's open to students so I might go have a look. Should be interesting.

There is a mastadon excavation a few miles from my house. It's open to students so I might go have a look. Should be interesting.

You should take some pics for us Kellalor, it would be neat for everyone to see the dig.

user posted image