Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunting?

All Evil Will Fear Me!

Is there anybody here that has ever thought about going hunting (as in to kill) some cryptids if you could find one?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• makaya325

• Kyle Rajasthan

• Korbus

• The One Who Is

Indeed. I'm all for taking down Bigfoot. Purely for scientific reasons, of course.

Indeed. I'm all for taking down Bigfoot. Purely for scientific reasons, of course.

Good luck, down here we have the Skunk Ape.

One guy said while he was cutting down xmas trees in ocala he came across one. He shot it point blank with a 12 guage and he said it didnt flinch.

You would need like a browning .50 or Barret .50 lol.

Hmmmmm, some weirdo at http://www.unknown-creatures.com/ says they're all demons.... Guy's a nutcase, though, you do wonder why every encounter with some of the more erm.... preditorial cryptids have been repoted with red glowing eyes, like my countries yowies... I've seen one or two, in the middle of the gemfeilds at two seperate hotel places. Yeh, it/they had red eyes. No, it wasn't a person or a druggie. When I was ten during one of my 3a.m. bathroom runs I looked out the backyard window and suddenly didn't need to use the bathroom so much as I needed to go back to bed. But i woke up fine. But refused to go gem hunting the morning after because we stayed out till just after dark to cool down after the sun. It happened again in aniother two days at about 1a.m. After my mum left my dad we couldn't afford to go out there anymore.... Thank god!

No, I wouldn't hunt them

How disrespectful to a living creature

Is that all some people think about?

Ignorant ...ksjdfkljdsf lksjdfklsjd

No, I wouldn't hunt them

Wanting to learn about something is not disrespectful. >.>

No, I wouldn't hunt them

You're right, but if one attacked me, your sure as hell id shoot it.

No, I wouldn't hunt them

In this case I don't think they meant hunt as in the sport hunting. There is a huge difference in hunting for fun and hunting for the sake of wanting to learn about something we know nothing about. When hunting for scientific reasons, they usually use a sedative. There is more to be gained with a live specimen than with a dead one.

Good luck, down here we have the Skunk Ape.

One guy said while he was cutting down xmas trees in ocala he came across one. He shot it point blank with a 12 guage and he said it didnt flinch.

You would need like a browning .50 or Barret .50 lol.

weve had the same stories down here(its Texas for ya) one man said he shot him through his car windshield.

but i dont know if id shoot bigfoot. id probably shoot chupie cause hes always killin farm animals then id give his body to science.

though theyd probably throw it out since im a hick :lol:

but i dont hunt anything thats peacful. i usually do those predator hunts, u know bear, wolf, coyote, cougar, still havent shot anything.

i always get the ones with their cubs.

Edited by IronWarrior

In this case I don't think they meant hunt as in the sport hunting. There is a huge difference in hunting for fun and hunting for the sake of wanting to learn about something we know nothing about. When hunting for scientific reasons, they usually use a sedative. There is more to be gained with a live specimen than with a dead one.

Guess I took it the wrong way :rofl:

my mistake

I would hunt them for research, but not if there was only a few left

i wouldnt purposely kill one for the sake of it, but if it was going to attack me id do something about it, and i do hunt waterfowl here, but i dont just shoot whatever i see or moves

blast the cryptid or the damn hoaxer... either way... you didnt come back empty handed

lets rock.

Even if one was killed for research purposes, what would be left to study anymore? The second one is ever really captured or killed, there will be about a million and a half yahoos with guns shooting at everything that moves in any wooded area. Not only would any remaining Bigfoots be wiped out, but so would a few dozen hunters and spectators. It would be a catastrophe. The fact is, no one on this thread has the expertise required to truly research anything of this sort. So put your guns away and stay at home. The world will be a safer place.

The fact is, no one on this thread has the expertise required to truly research anything of this sort.

Don't bet on it. ;)

I have the expertise to hunt a mythical creature. :yes: I will just use all of the mythical contraptions I have collected over the years.

Even if one was killed for research purposes, what would be left to study anymore? The second one is ever really captured or killed, there will be about a million and a half yahoos with guns shooting at everything that moves in any wooded area. Not only would any remaining Bigfoots be wiped out, but so would a few dozen hunters and spectators. It would be a catastrophe. The fact is, no one on this thread has the expertise required to truly research anything of this sort. So put your guns away and stay at home. The world will be a safer place.

Again, as was said before, Don't bet on it. I myself am planning to go hunting (with vehicle mounted infrared cameras) for the Michigan Dogman. I am hoping to be ready for my expedition, sometime in 2009, although, the earlier the better. I don't plan on harming anything I may or may not find, but I will tell you, I'm bringing bear mace and a 7.5 mm rifle just in case. I do love taking pictures, but I'm not planning on becoming lunch either. This would be especially true if I were to be going to Kentucky (which I might be too) to investigate the Beast of LBL. This guy is supposed to be a real killer. If it exists of course, but then again, that's the whole point in going out and having a look for myself. Besides, I need a vacation, and I love camping, so why not do both?

Good Journey.

Kyle Rajasthan.

Nope, I would hunt only to take pictures because honestly I don't have a freezer big enough to hold a bigfoot or other like-sized cryptids. ;)

Again, as was said before, Don't bet on it. I myself am planning to go hunting (with vehicle mounted infrared cameras) for the Michigan Dogman. I am hoping to be ready for my expedition, sometime in 2009, although, the earlier the better. I don't plan on harming anything I may or may not find, but I will tell you, I'm bringing bear mace and a 7.5 mm rifle just in case. I do love taking pictures, but I'm not planning on becoming lunch either. This would be especially true if I were to be going to Kentucky (which I might be too) to investigate the Beast of LBL. This guy is supposed to be a real killer. If it exists of course, but then again, that's the whole point in going out and having a look for myself. Besides, I need a vacation, and I love camping, so why not do both?

Good Journey.

Kyle Rajasthan.

That's great, Kyle. I never said no one here should go on a hunt. I said no one here has the expertise to scientifically "research" the dead body should they kill it. I am not against creature hunting, per se. But I am against yahoos with guns thinking they are doing scientific research. Still, though, I would make the point that if you are going into the feeding grounds of a wild animal with guns-a-blazing, to be careful you don't shoot anything you're not supposed to. Like, ya know, other people or something.

Journey well.

That's great, Kyle. I never said no one here should go on a hunt. I said no one here has the expertise to scientifically "research" the dead body should they kill it. I am not against creature hunting, per se. But I am against yahoos with guns thinking they are doing scientific research. Still, though, I would make the point that if you are going into the feeding grounds of a wild animal with guns-a-blazing, to be careful you don't shoot anything you're not supposed to. Like, ya know, other people or something.

Journey well.

Nope. I'm not like that. I know what I am doing when it comes to weaponry. If I have to shoot something, then I will know what I am shooting at. My goal however, is not to have to shoot anything, unless of course it's with a camera. Like I said, that is what the Bear strength mace, or rather Peper spray is for. If that fails, well; I still have the MAS 1949-56 to fall back on. Just in case. Just because your doing field research, doesn't mean that you shouldn't prepare for trouble, if these creatures do exist, they are dangerous predators and should be treated with the same caution and respect you would use when observing any large predatory animal. Remember, only the stupid or unprepared get eaten.

Good Journey.

Kyle Rajasthan.

Edited by Kyle Rajasthan

Is there anybody here that has ever thought about going hunting (as in to kill) some cryptids if you could find one?

"Hunting" to study a creature is one thing. But to kill it, why?

I've heard that a state established a law that it was illegal to slay Bigfoot. I'm not sure, but that's what Wikipedia said (I don't really trust Wiki because everyone can practically edit/change the content on that website.)...

I wouldn't go hunting an animal unknown or elusive to science, and if it were to attack me (and, I knew that it wasn't fast enough to catch up to me), I'd surely run. But, if there was a cryptid that I supposedly observed on and it was approaching me and capable of outrunning me, I'd probably grab my gun and shoot it (though I doubt it because I don't own a gun! LOL)...

Nope. I'm not like that. I know what I am doing when it comes to weaponry. If I have to shoot something, then I will know what I am shooting at. My goal however, is not to have to shoot anything, unless of course it's with a camera. Like I said, that is what the Bear strength mace, or rather Peper spray is for. If that fails, well; I still have the MAS 1949-56 to fall back on. Just in case. Just because your doing field research, doesn't mean that you shouldn't prepare for trouble, if these creatures do exist, they are dangerous predators and should be treated with the same caution and respect you would use when observing any large predatory animal. Remember, only the stupid or unprepared get eaten.

Good Journey.

Kyle Rajasthan.

Some might say it's stupid to go into a deadly animal's hunting grounds though. You see what I'm saying? I'm not suggesting you should go searching for cryptids without something for protection. I would do the same thing. I guess what I'm just saying is, "be careful out there." Let me know how the hunt turns out for ya though. Best of luck, sir!

Some might say it's stupid to go into a deadly animal's hunting grounds though. You see what I'm saying? I'm not suggesting you should go searching for cryptids without something for protection. I would do the same thing. I guess what I'm just saying is, "be careful out there." Let me know how the hunt turns out for ya though. Best of luck, sir!

Thanks; and I will. With any luck, and if the money is available, I will be leaving sometime in late summer or early fall of next year. It's going to take that long to get the equipment and get the time off from work. Not to mention the modifications to the truck that need to be done. I am looking forward to this trip though. It's likely I will find nothing, but the experience should still be well worth the effort. I'm going to be taking lots of pictures for sure.

Good Joureny.

Kyle Rajasthan.

Thanks; and I will. With any luck, and if the money is available, I will be leaving sometime in late summer or early fall of next year. It's going to take that long to get the equipment and get the time off from work. Not to mention the modifications to the truck that need to be done. I am looking forward to this trip though. It's likely I will find nothing, but the experience should still be well worth the effort. I'm going to be taking lots of pictures for sure.

Good Joureny.

Kyle Rajasthan.

normally people would advise dont hurt the prankster, but i tell you what: do whats comin to him