Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plane goes missing in Bermuda Triangle

UM-Bot

bermuda.jpg
The pilot of a plane that disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle with 11 passengers aboard had only a U.S. student pilot license and should have never been allowed to fly, Dominican authorities said Wednesday.

Adriano Jimenez had been stripped of his Dominican license in 2006 because he was caught flying multiengine planes when he was only authorized to fly helicopters, said Pedro Dominguez, president of the Dominican Pilots Association. Two weeks ago, he had a minor accident while landing a small plane at a Dominican airport.

"An in-depth investigation was never opened to prevent what today we are lamenting," Dominguez said.

Jimenez loaded 11 passengers onto a twin-engine plane in Santiago, Dominican Republic, on Monday and filed a flight plan for a landing in Mayaguana Island in the Bahamas, but he never arrived, according to the Dominican Civil Aviation Institute.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: Yahoo! News

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MysteryVy

• behaviour???

• Drakus

• savvas

probably just crashed in the ocean?

I believe after reading books and researching through internet the plane disapeared . the cause was severe electromagnetic waves and caused it to be lost in tiime.

I believe after reading books and researching through internet the plane disapeared . the cause was severe electromagnetic waves and caused it to be lost in tiime.

your answer sounds more logically and scientifically plausible than mine :P

your answer sounds more logically and scientifically plausible than mine :P

I don't know, there's no doubt something strange is going on in this area but on the other hand this guy sounds like a bit of a jerk IMO.

Problem is that planes do go down from quite natural causes, just because it's in this area it's automatically going to be tainted with what's happened in the past.

Needs more research and an extensive search for wreckage i think before we can comment either way...

$0.02

*cough* I live in "said" area. Nothing weird going here. Guy was a bad pilot flying over open ocean in a small plane. All it takes is bad turbulence in clouds or some bad weather and our inexperienced pilot is history.

The authorities are responsible.......

Thanks

B???

This idiot discredits the few genuinely mysterious cases :P Actually, one bad pilot, one unfamiliar airplane and 11 idiots.

If you want to know how "dangerous" the Bermuda Triangle" really is, check out the rates insurance companies charge for ships and planes that travel through the area.

They do not charge any premium at all over their standard rates for any ship, airplane, boat, raft or anything else going through the "so called Bermuda Triangle". That's because there are no more missing airplanes, ships, boats, etc. in that area, than in any other heavily traveled shipping area in the world. There is not one insurance company in the world that charges a higher premium for traveling through that area. Believe me, they would if it had more losses than normal.

Yes, planes and boats have been lost in that area. But statistically, no more than anywhere else for the number of planes, vessels, etc, that go across an area of that size.

The whole "Bermuda Triangle" story is just that, a story written to make money. And gullible people bought into it, without knowing anything at all about the area, etc.

And looking to the Internet for your sources of information is even worse than looking into a crystal ball. ANYONE, can write ANYTHING and put it on the net. That doesn't make it true.

All these are reported even before..............

Thanks

B???

Yes, planes and boats have been lost in that area. But statistically, no more than anywhere else for the number of planes, vessels, etc, that go across an area of that size.

Actually, statistically, there should be more lost planes and boats in that area.

The Bermuda Triangle region encompasses some of the most heavily traveled air an sea routes near the contiguous U.S. Literally hundreds of planes and ships go through here every single day. The Navy uses a large chunk of this region as a training area from it's ships and planes. It is the favorite playing ground of the US submarine fleet (which means that the subsurface regions is heavily mapped and re-mapped on a regular basis). With such an enormous amount of traffic, statistically we should see a higher rate of lost ships and planes than normal, but, due precisely to the high flow of traffic, this is also one of the most heavily monitored regions in the world.

There are actually more lost ships and planes in the Great Lakes region than there are in the Bermuda Triangle region.

hmm is that weird i read many stories about the bermuda....now that the

electromagnetic waves are in these topics. what do we mean by this waves??

this could intervine radio signals but it can not interfer the handling of the planes..