Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taps lied should they be punished?

Kevin7557

What should the course of action be  

57 members have voted

1. 1. You decide the pushment.

• Completely exiled from the community
    • Teporary exile
    • Have their show pulled
    • Have to issue a formal appology

Okay this thread was really good but and was almost done and my power went out. But now the videos are back and I can watch them which makes me wonder if my computer was hacked.

Okay here is the jist they faked their 2008 live investigation. By doing this they have discredited our whole community. This should not go unpunished. So you be Judge and Jury on this one.

Here is some links

Youtube clip

Here is a petition to get them to tell the truth.

Edited by Kevin7557

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Korbus

• Doggirl3

• Shadowmalerenamon

• Kevin7557

*sigh* It's a TV show, get over it!

*sigh* It's a TV show, get over it!

My origional one had a better arguement. I will go into more detail. I said that I wasn't a super fan of the show but they were the pinicle of paranormal investigators. Now that they faked it all their evidence is worthless.

My origional one had a better arguement. I will go into more detail. I said that I wasn't a super fan of the show but they were the pinicle of paranormal investigators. Now that they faked it all their evidence is worthless.

I said this months ago and man was I jumped on lol The show is for entertainment purposes only IMO.

I said this months ago and man was I jumped on lol The show is for entertainment purposes only IMO.

Owe crap. Wish I would have known ahead of time. Man fans can be rapid. (I know I am a resident evil fan and hate the movies, well you get what I mean)

Anyone can do what they do, they just turned it into a show. They're nothing special, they just have a good budget. By the way, your "petition" won't do anything. They don't have to listen to you or anyone else. Also, if you think they lied to begin with, why would you listen to them when they present the "truth"?

Edited by Knight of the Twilight

Like all these shows, like that Most Haunted thing, the one that used to have Derek Acorah, surely people only ever see it as entertainment, don't they? I expect most of the audience wouldn't really be too bothered if it was or wasn't real, and i expect msot of them would be skeptical anyway, so they probably wouldn't bee too bothered one way or the other.

If your talking about the live show they did at the Ft. Delaware. Its not fake. Grant did get his coat pull on and they shown that on infrared camera. And they also debated this on their T.A.P.S forum.

Also was debate on their discussion group in yahoo. I even told them that heat camera that or flir if you want to call it is the most believeable one I seen.

So I will not sign this petition. Grant & Jayson did leave their statment in the forums & discussion groups. Read them to see what they said.

Anyone can do what they do, they just turned it into a show. They're nothing special, they just have a good budget. By the way, your "petition" won't do anything. They don't have to listen to you or anyone else. Also, if you think they lied to begin with, why would you listen to them when they present the "truth"?

It is not my petition. I just signed it and thought I should pass it on

Doggirl I am sorry but you are full of S***. I am on the taps forum and any time anyone questions taps they are mocked, ridiculed, and banned. They do not discuss stuff on that forum worth crap. I have some friends from that forum and they discuss stuff well but the mods are arseholes (except ManInBlack but he was a member before he became a mod) I just got banned for a day cause i didn't answer the mods question right. And that is the actual reason why I got banned for the day. Their forum is a joke. They do not debate it and the clip clearly shows the other member of taps pulling up the others collar. There is so many videos on Youtube with the fotage of them faking it. They have become nothing more than a discrace to our community. Now I like entertainment. And I like realism (sometimes). What I don't like is when people are like owe look this is real and for so long have you believe that what they do is legit and then pull this crap. I am just glad I wasn't a serious fan or this actually might have been devistating instead of just rediculus. I didn't even watch the live event.

What hey did was fake plane and simple now you can believe it, go into denial, or don't give a crap. Frankly I am a cross between not caring and believing.

1) Hey Kevin, Welcome to the UM.

Doggirl I am sorry but you are full of S***.

2) Maybe take it a little easier on people? She gets to state what she believes, just like you.

I am on the taps forum and the mods are arseholes

3) So, don't go back.

I am just glad I wasn't a serious fan or this actually might have been devistating instead of just rediculus. I didn't even watch the live event.

4) You seem to have a large opinion, even though you did not watch the event.

Frankly I am a cross between not caring and believing.

5) It is pretty hard to believe that you are putting out this much effort into something that you don't care about.

If your looking to start a "GH" lynch mob, this may be the wrong place to do that.

I suggest starting a anti-GH website, there you can bash people that disagree with you.

Oh,

JMO

I LOVE Ghosthunters because so far it seemed to be the only show that was genuine. I didn't really see anything in the youtube video that showed they were faking except for the collar scene at the end. That is definitely fishy. If they are total frauds, I will be the first one to be so ticked off!! I voted they should admit it and do a formal apology. I truly feel that Jason and Grant are genuine and that they possibly fell prey to doing what the tv execs and producers want them to do for ratings. When this show first started most of them were slightly disappointing but that was what made the fans respect them, because it gave them more credibility for being legitimate. I didn't have cable for quite a few months so I missed a lot. Then I noticed they find stuff all the time now, so that started me questioning it more.

DANG IT!! I HATE THIS! It makes me sad that I feel I can't trust Jason and Grant anymore. Just as regular people they seem so "real" and down to earth.

It is not my petition. I just signed it and thought I should pass it on

Doggirl I am sorry but you are full of S***. I am on the taps forum and any time anyone questions taps they are mocked, ridiculed, and banned. They do not discuss stuff on that forum worth crap. I have some friends from that forum and they discuss stuff well but the mods are arseholes (except ManInBlack but he was a member before he became a mod) I just got banned for a day cause i didn't answer the mods question right. And that is the actual reason why I got banned for the day. Their forum is a joke. They do not debate it and the clip clearly shows the other member of taps pulling up the others collar. There is so many videos on Youtube with the fotage of them faking it. They have become nothing more than a discrace to our community. Now I like entertainment. And I like realism (sometimes). What I don't like is when people are like owe look this is real and for so long have you believe that what they do is legit and then pull this crap. I am just glad I wasn't a serious fan or this actually might have been devistating instead of just rediculus. I didn't even watch the live event.

What hey did was fake plane and simple now you can believe it, go into denial, or don't give a crap. Frankly I am a cross between not caring and believing.

It's nice to see that you're willing to appreciate that other people are entitled to opinions, even if they may differ from yours, and do it in such a polite fashion as well,

:-/

If your looking to start a "GH" lynch mob, this may be the wrong place to do that.

I suggest starting a anti-GH website, there you can bash people that disagree with you.

Oh,

JMO

2. I can respect that.

4 and 5. Well it is weird. Its hard to explain. I don't have a reason. At first I think it was a sense of outrage that they did this and a strong feeling of the need for justice maybe but now there is nothing other than carrying on. I just passed the info on. What you do with it is your choice.

it's tv. sponsers to please - of course TAPS at the very least has padded the show. Do they over all fabricate ? I'm not there so I don't know. I think alot of what they do is just for show. Or that they should actually take more time investigating a place , leave camera's running , ect .......but it is what it it and it is TV.

Oh my God. Is there anyone out there who is really investigating spontaneously? What's with the takes? I'm so disappointed.

:(

Why do you only give negative options in the poll? I cannot vote.

Well considering that there is no "leader" of the paranormal "community", there isnt much that can be done, other than by the ratings of the show itself and how the show does; that is the ultimate approval or disapproval of the show. Even that has little to do with ethics of paranormal investigating, moreso spooky things that happen that raise the ratings, real or staged.

No one can kick anyone out of the paranormal community, for the simple fact that there is no paranormal community. There are no memberships, degrees, research positions or the like that anyone has any control over. If I went to the SCIFI channel tomorrow and convinced them I was the best thing in ghost hunting and could bring in the ratings, you had better believe that GH would have to hold its share of viewers, or I would take its time slot. It is all about money.

Consider the fact that early on it was lucky for them to get a single EVP or anything to happen in an episode. Now it is very common for multiple EVP's, heat signatures, reported touches, reported cold spots, reported voices, reported movement that the camera never seems to catch...they seem to be incredibly lucky now and their ratings and sales reflect that.

What would happen if they had two segments in a row that nothing paranormal happened? People would fall asleep, the show would tank, no one would want to watch it. 2 shows in a row? That is why they no longer try to "debunk" everything...there is no ratings in debunking everything, so that doesnt happen very much anymore. They have people that are in charge of them, demanding that exiting things happen as they get more and more funding from people...So more and more exciting things happen...

It is the results of having the outcome HAVE to be a haunting, rather than just explainable phenomenon. Too much money is on the line now.

Well considering that there is no "leader" of the paranormal "community", there isnt much that can be done, other than by the ratings of the show itself and how the show does; that is the ultimate approval or disapproval of the show. Even that has little to do with ethics of paranormal investigating, moreso spooky things that happen that raise the ratings, real or staged.

No one can kick anyone out of the paranormal community, for the simple fact that there is no paranormal community. There are no memberships, degrees, research positions or the like that anyone has any control over. If I went to the SCIFI channel tomorrow and convinced them I was the best thing in ghost hunting and could bring in the ratings, you had better believe that GH would have to hold its share of viewers, or I would take its time slot. It is all about money.

Consider the fact that early on it was lucky for them to get a single EVP or anything to happen in an episode. Now it is very common for multiple EVP's, heat signatures, reported touches, reported cold spots, reported voices, reported movement that the camera never seems to catch...they seem to be incredibly lucky now and their ratings and sales reflect that.

What would happen if they had two segments in a row that nothing paranormal happened? People would fall asleep, the show would tank, no one would want to watch it. 2 shows in a row? That is why they no longer try to "debunk" everything...there is no ratings in debunking everything, so that doesnt happen very much anymore. They have people that are in charge of them, demanding that exiting things happen as they get more and more funding from people...So more and more exciting things happen...

It is the results of having the outcome HAVE to be a haunting, rather than just explainable phenomenon. Too much money is on the line now.

You have a good point. It is just sad that they degrade themselves in such a maner. I mean have some dignity in what you do. I wouldn't comprimise my research for them. Though At this point I need money to run my business so I don't know. We all would like to believe that we wouldn't give in for the money and fame but really would we. It is quite an intreging Delema.

I don't see much point in signing the petition. The only way Ghost Hunters and TAPS will be taken off the air or anything of the sort is for people to stop watching. As long as people watch, there will be a show.

I just think it's funny that it took people this long to think the show was, at least partly, put on. It wasn't even a year ago where myself or others who questioned TAPS were ridiculed, shouted down (or at least attempted to be), and the like. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad people are starting to see the truth now. I just find it amazing that it took the BS to be this blatant before you started to question it. In fact, some of the people on this very thread were some of the biggest TAPS apologists there were, but now act as if they knew it was crap all along. Haha. Please.

But, like I said, I really am happy people are starting to come around. I think it's the most rational thing in the world to question things on tv that are presented as reality.

I don't see much point in signing the petition. The only way Ghost Hunters and TAPS will be taken off the air or anything of the sort is for people to stop watching. As long as people watch, there will be a show.

I just think it's funny that it took people this long to think the show was, at least partly, put on. It wasn't even a year ago where myself or others who questioned TAPS were ridiculed, shouted down (or at least attempted to be), and the like. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad people are starting to see the truth now. I just find it amazing that it took the BS to be this blatant before you started to question it. In fact, some of the people on this very thread were some of the biggest TAPS apologists there were, but now act as if they knew it was crap all along. Haha. Please.

But, like I said, I really am happy people are starting to come around. I think it's the most rational thing in the world to question things on tv that are presented as reality.

I didn't ridicule people when they claimed the show was fake. I asked them what was their proof. And didn't ridicule them for it. I never really put much stock into it. At least I don't think I did. I think it is wrong and I don't think they like doing it. LOL just realised How long do you think it will be before someone from the team releases a book about how he help fake it?

I agree, Fluffybunny.

They do continue and try to debunk. Especially with high EMF readings.

They debunked that one woman's house where the tv is changing channels. (They said that it might be a neighbor with a similiar thing.) ^^;;;

--

I would vote but there isn't an opinion for what I want to vote.