Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taps lied should they be punished?

Kevin7557

What should the course of action be  

57 members have voted

1. 1. You decide the pushment.

• Completely exiled from the community
    • Teporary exile
    • Have their show pulled
    • Have to issue a formal appology

No offense at all Kevin. But all I saying is that the heat seeking camera or temperature camera nick name the flir convinced me that all. I see it like this. If something was place on Jay's coat, it would have shown on the it. B/c anything that touched is shown as red on it. So fishing wire or string would shown up on it. And if I was T.A.P.S and anyone try to tamper with it would have a headache from all the yelling for tampering with the cameras. They are expensive and they had that before the show ever become on the air. But Opinions-sninions, right? So don't worry about it. It a show showing what some ghosthunter do to study the paranormal.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Korbus

• Doggirl3

• Shadowmalerenamon

• Kevin7557

yep.. shame on them for having some sort of orginisation while they do a show.

The scene set-ups I kind of expect even if it was supposed to be a "live" show. And when Grant was fumbling with the recording device I didn't necessarily view his actions as misleading or malicious but that coat tugging device on his hood did not look right at all! It just looked pretty blatant that the whole scene was a set-up. I don't see how they could defend that. I was a fan of the show but stopped watching when they started relying on the K2 (?) meter. That lameness just decreased their credibility.

As far as being punished? Nah its a t.v show I never believed everything (although I do think they have caught some cool unexplainable things) that they investigated was paranormal. But if they are pulling lame acts to keep up the ratings & deceiving their fans they should own up to it & apologize. But for now I'd imagine they will will ride this gravy train till its dead.

That is not a professional investigation into TAPS "fraudulent" activity.

Until you can get a professional opinion on their tactics and the production company's contract, then TAPS does not fake. I can sit down with Movie Maker and put clips together and slow them down or speed them up, and I'm only eighteen. That is not proof enough to say someone is pulling your leg. As it's been pointed out a thousand times already, FOR THE SHOW TAPS may be required to act because of the contract and for ratings. YOU do not know what they do when the cameras aren't rolling. It's most likely the client already knows that TAPS is going to incorporate something that is not paranormal into the episode for ratings because their contract calls for it.

From both sides, either way you look at it it looks strange. If they knew they would have to fake, why are they doing it? Well, considering that if the client knows what they have found is not real, then there's no harm done at all. Both parties are benefiting as long as the client agrees. Ratings for SciFi and business for the client. Some may say it hurts the paranormal field, but there are very few findings made by TAPS that have drastically made a dent in paranormal research anyway. It is a field that we may not unlock the answers to for decades more, we know almost nothing about it. A legit recording would be ground breaking, yes, but it won't help us understand anymore about how it got there or how the spirit world works.

Regardless of what TAPS does on the show, they should not be judged in real life. The show is for entertainment. Aside from this, they are very respectable people with an experienced team that has been involved with research since the very early 90s.

Again.

What they do on TV and what they do IRL is NOT comparable.

DO NOT bash the team based on what you see on TV.

:tu:

Edited by Ebonykrow

This is the court of public opinion, not a court of law. You do not need professional opinions, whatever that means, to make your own judgment. Personally, I have come to my beliefs of the way TAPS does things by way of preponderance of the evidence. Based on many different factors - from the amount of evidence captured, to how easy it appears to be getting captured, to the lack of faith in the recent disembodied voices, etc. - it is reasonable to assume the show is faked, or at least not entirely on the up and up.

I also disagree that what they do on the show should not have a bearing on them or the respectability of their investigations in real life. That, to me, seems like a cop out. When a team that is likely the most respected in the entire world is thought to be faking evidence, that hurts the entire community. Did you know that the word on the street is that there are some public places that are no longer allowing paranormal investigations because of what is seen as forgery by TAPS? Did you know that my own group, as well as friends of mine, are getting questions from prospective clients about the TAPS issue? Seriously, would anyone be sticking up for the "real life" investigations of PRS from Paranormal State if the situation was reversed? How about Most Haunted? Why is it only TAPS gets the pass?

And it may be true that Jay and Grant are respectable people. Honestly, despite what I think of their show, I believe they are probably nice guys. But I can't really claim to say they are that respectable when 1.) I believe they have deliberately faked and/or pushed through marginal evidence; and 2.) I do not know them in real life. I still just don't understand how the people on these threads who DON'T KNOW THEM claim to understand their motivations and character. It's bizarre. All they are to you, believe it or not, are people in your tv screen. You may watch their show, you may read their books, you may have even met them at a signing or an event of some sort...that doesn't make you friends, family, or even acquaintances. It makes you, as the great Bobby Nelson says, "profit."

Anyway, that is my 2 cents.

Edited by Jason KB

The footage of this "live" episode is too damn funny. :rofl:

I watched the show a few times and thought it was good, but eventually lost interest. I never thought they'd go to these lengths to "entertain" viewers though. What in the world made them think they could pull it off?

The only saving grace for them is that it's done so poorly they could almost get away with stating they felt such a need to "produce" ghosts during a live taping that they used bad judgement in choosing to fake certain events.

This is so poorly done that all you can do is laugh at it.

The fans are just going to blindly defend it. While someone like myself, who refuses to blindly indulge myself in ANYTHING, I can see right through what most people call "questionalbe".

(Boasting was not intended in this post)

Jason and Grant should explain what happened that night, why they crew had to be ready for their next scene on a live broadcast. I watch the show for entertainment purpose only.

Jason and Grant should explain what happened that night, why they crew had to be ready for their next scene on a live broadcast. I watch the show for entertainment purpose only.

They did, on their T.A.P.S forum and also on they ghosthunter discussion group in Yahoo. They gave a full explanation of the Fort Deleware incident.

Seperate the TV show from the people.

But it is unfortunate an entire organization and affiliates gets tainted.

They should apologize. I want real not fake. And I do know that it is just stupid show but I use to believe in them being truthful.

They should apologize. I want real not fake. And I do know that it is just stupid show but I use to believe in them being truthful.

Apologize for what? Since when have they been proven to be fakes? Children sitting in front of their PC with default video editors and too much free time do not have the means to say that such an organization is faking its evidence. If you can get a real investigation in on TAPS, not kids playing around in movie editors, then you might have something. Until then, there is little reason to suggest that they are faking, and it remains a personal opinion.

Again, like MasterPo just said, Separate the TV show from the people.

More blind defense of the indefensible.

Will the guys from TAPS agree to take a lie detector test? Will they allow their raw footage to be examined by independent skeptical analysis by Joe Nickell, or someone of that caliber? I'm sure that would go a long way to proving their authenticity. Remember, it is not the burden of the skeptic to prove they are faking anything. It is the burden of the paranormal team to prove their evidence is legitimate. Otherwise, any paranormal group could just put out the most outlandish BS ever and get away with it. Doesn't anyone get that?

Will the guys from TAPS agree to take a lie detector test?

Will they allow their raw footage to be examined by independent skeptical analysis by Joe Nickell, or someone of that caliber?

Have they been asked? Some should ask them--but who has the time to put paranormal researchers through a lie detector test? I'm sure more than one criminal investigator/etc would find that a major waste of time.

Why not? They've had it analyzed before, so what's the big deal about that then? They've had many things looked at by many different people, other teams, what have you.

If it's not you doing the investigating, I guess it's pretty easy to just dismiss everything else as BS because you have absolutely no idea about the situation when the evidence was collected.

I will defend what I think needs to be defended because, again, you're basing the team on what they show on TELEVISION. Tel. E. Vision.

Do you know them in real life? Have you had a location investigated by them? Until those answers are YES, then you really have no right to say, "They're liars, they're fakes, and you shouldn't defend them."

Television is television. It is not real life.

Edited by Ebonykrow

More blind defense of the indefensible.

Will the guys from TAPS agree to take a lie detector test? Will they allow their raw footage to be examined by independent skeptical analysis by Joe Nickell, or someone of that caliber? I'm sure that would go a long way to proving their authenticity. Remember, it is not the burden of the skeptic to prove they are faking anything. It is the burden of the paranormal team to prove their evidence is legitimate. Otherwise, any paranormal group could just put out the most outlandish BS ever and get away with it. Doesn't anyone get that?

I don't know if they would, but if you want, you can ask them yourself. I have both of their forum & yahoo discussion sites in my site listings:

http://community.webtv.net/ilovetocheer589...rsSiteslisting/

They do have a email you can write to & a snail on the forum too. But be polite to them. They do work very hard on what they do and Jay & Grant do have another job in plumbing. So they really do work really hard.

Until Anonymous starts protesting in front of TAPS's building, I know they have nothing to hide. I trust TAPS like I trust a friend, and anyone who says they lied are no friends of mine. And I speak the truth, at least for myself. Thus I refuse to vote.

Grant and the BaldFather explain thier action? Never . They never explained that joke the Manson episode. So i wouldn't get your hopes up. Beside they are still running around using the K-II meter. That speaks volumes.

Edited by Plainbob13

Have they been asked? Some should ask them--but who has the time to put paranormal researchers through a lie detector test? I'm sure more than one criminal investigator/etc would find that a major waste of time.

Why not? They've had it analyzed before, so what's the big deal about that then? They've had many things looked at by many different people, other teams, what have you.

If it's not you doing the investigating, I guess it's pretty easy to just dismiss everything else as BS because you have absolutely no idea about the situation when the evidence was collected.

I will defend what I think needs to be defended because, again, you're basing the team on what they show on TELEVISION. Tel. E. Vision.

Do you know them in real life? Have you had a location investigated by them? Until those answers are YES, then you really have no right to say, "They're liars, they're fakes, and you shouldn't defend them."

Television is television. It is not real life.

Yes, they have been asked. But not by me. I'll go ahead and email them though. But who says it has to be a criminal investigator doing the polygraph? I'm not asking TAPS to be arrested. Polygraph examiners can be hired, ya know? Look in your phone book. But you're right. I'm sure all the polygraph examiners are much too busy with the television show "Moment of Truth," "Jimmy Kimmel Live," and examing the people on Maury Povich's show.

As for your point about having their evidence analyzed - by whom are they having it analyzed? Because I am talking about, again, giving their raw footage to an independent party. Not another ghost hunting team. Not their friends. An independent party. I mentioned Joe Nickell, for instance. But it could be anyone that would provide independent and fair skeptical analysis. And it has to be the raw footage. Not the edited down portions of Ghost Hunters or the 5-10 second clip of the "evidence" itself. The raw footage.

Anyway, could you please explain why I am not allowed to question TAPS, but you can defend them? You're telling me I wasn't there when the evidence was collected, etc. Well, neither were you. You're saying unless I know them in real life then I can't question them. Well, I sincerely doubt you know them either. Again, they are people in your tv screen. You watch the shows, you read the books, you go to the events maybe. You're not their friend. You are not their family. You are profit. So, please explain your rationale for these statements you're making.

The reason why I feel I am allowed to question them, and NOT separate the people from the show, is because this show is said to be reality. Jason and Grant say what we see on the show is real. If it's "just television" and not meant to be taken seriously, then why don't they just say that then? As long as they make the claim that it's all legit, myself and the growing number of other people on this and other forums are absolutely justified in questioning them.

And even when I do question them, or give my opinions, never am I saying my opinion is absolute. Never do I try to make it sound like I am speaking in 100% fact. They are my opinions only, which I have based on reason, logic, and what I have seen. Once again I say that only TAPS seems to get the pass. I could question PRS and Most Haunted and Ghost Adventures...but would we still be having this conversation? No one is telling me to separate Ryan Buell the person from Paranormal State. Yvette from Most Haunted? Nor Zak from Ghost Adventures. Only Jay and Grant from their show. Hmm. Why is that? Why is their such a psychological need for TAPS to be infallible? Anyone is free to answer that for me. Because I'm seriously trying to figure that out. Is it because people don't want to feel like they've wasted 4 years talking about how sweet TAPS is only to have it blow up in their face? Seriously...help me figure this out.

PS: I've emailed TAPS. If anyone wants to read my email, just PM me. Thanks!

Paranormal Investigator,

I hope they answer you. But, I'm with Plainbob13. I think they do a fair & honest investingation. If my mother was on this board she would have gone with you. She the type that also have to either see, feel, or hear a ghost to believe. But they had so much evidence of ghost pics or thermal flir camera footage that its made me believer. Especially the Fort Deleware footage on the flir. But if they let you have the footage to get tested. I would also love to see what the result of that would be. I always love to watch people do a good puzzle & that is what investingating sometimes is anyway. Good luck on the email that you sent. I hope you get a response back.

P.S. Maybe you can get on the yahoo verison on ghosthunters and talk with the group there. I'm always reading & sometimes talking with them gang there too. Make sure the subject haven't already been talk about.

Also I go on Starchats verison of ghosthunter there too. They do cut up alot on it. But do talk about haunts there too. Some places if you still want to be with some of the gang there. One of them do come by the chat too. BTW, be polite and try hard not to cuss on their chat, if possible, unless its a cussing attack. If I go by tonight after my Knitting & crocheting chat tonight. I will stop by and tell people on there that you are a very nice person. B/c that is what you seem to be on here.

The people who believed in it in the first place should be punished. They're just like John Edwards.... it's just for entertainment and making money. They can make it look real, and since it's on a certain TV station, people think it's "credible." This is why so many people believe in such things as aliens flying all over our skies. Too easily swayed.

Life is merely what is in front of us. If you're bored with it, join the other 6+ Billion people on the planet doing the same crap every day.

The people who believed in it in the first place should be punished. They're just like John Edwards.... it's just for entertainment and making money. They can make it look real, and since it's on a certain TV station, people think it's "credible." This is why so many people believe in such things as aliens flying all over our skies. Too easily swayed.

Life is merely what is in front of us. If you're bored with it, join the other 6+ Billion people on the planet doing the same crap every day.

are they too easily swayed or are you afraid they may be right ? Do you think science is credible with it's assertion of 10 dimensions ? All of those certainly isn't in front of us. Can you say it is possible that that which you can not believe be possible just as the possibility o 10 dimensions ?

or are in your opinion they both impossible ?

while I think TAPS for the most part is BS solely because they have a product to push , investors to make happy and an audience to entertain that would soon leave if the reality of bordom was what they had to watch for the most part. That doesn't mean that the arena of the business of investigating is all bunk. Although I do think alot of it is - too many fruitloops in the field and not enough science.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

and everyone should be content with that? They should just accept that life is rubbish and get on with it and not speculate that there might be anything else?

Although I do think alot of it is - too many fruitloops in the field and not enough science.

Wow. Hell has frozen over. I actually agree with you. :w00t: