Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taps lied should they be punished?

Kevin7557

What should the course of action be  

57 members have voted

1. 1. You decide the pushment.

• Completely exiled from the community
    • Teporary exile
    • Have their show pulled
    • Have to issue a formal appology

Things like this (TV shows) should be taken with a grain of salt. It's obviously just for entertainment purposes, even if they state that it's "the real deal" people should still have more sense than to blindly assume it is. There's no reason to bring flaming torches to their doorstep, just don't watch the show anymore.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Korbus

• Doggirl3

• Shadowmalerenamon

• Kevin7557

Okay this thread was really good but and was almost done and my power went out. But now the videos are back and I can watch them which makes me wonder if my computer was hacked.

Okay here is the jist they faked their 2008 live investigation. By doing this they have discredited our whole community. This should not go unpunished. So you be Judge and Jury on this one.

Here is some links

Youtube clip

Here is a petition to get them to tell the truth.

You CANNOT say they faked their 2008 live investigation. You can say you BELIEVE they faked their investigation but it is still a matter of opinion. Hey, don't get me wrong. I think they suck and I am 99.9% sure they did fake it, but you cannot say it is in the bag. There I disagree with you. It is not absolutely conclusive. It just doesn't look so good is all.

The part where the investigators wait till their cue to start investigatin is no big deal. That is t.v. So what if they waited for the cameras to roll before they started? So they waited till the cameras to start rolling. I just don't see the big whoop behind that.

I have don't investigations for the media and they were real and they were done on a similar basis. I repeat they were real investigations, but at times before we started on one room, we just waited to begin while the film crews set up and then when they were ready, we began to do our thing. No big deal.

So what do you have left? The jacket tug. That is not 100% conclusive. It looks really cheap and tawdry but it is not a 100% tell all confessional by TAPs. So you cannot say TAPS FAKED THEIR 2008 LIVE INVESTIGATION. Your statement would not hold up in court!

Edited by Staceyinfo

*is still wondering why this is such a big deal*

*is still wondering why this is such a big deal*

Me too, why do people think television is a real investigation or indeed science?

Me too, why do people think television is a real investigation or indeed science?

Perhaps they're just over-sensitive and see everything as an insult.

For the same reason rabid Star Trek fans prowl the grounds of Star Trek conventions. A need to feel that their hobby is justified and worthwhile.

For the same reason rabid Star Trek fans prowl the grounds of Star Trek conventions. A need to feel that their hobby is justified and worthwhile.

A little blunt, but I think that sums it up

Wasn't meant to be insulting. Everyone likes to feel that their time spent on something is justified and worthwhile, and I am close friends with a great number of rabid Star Trek fans. In fact I'm not a rabid one but I quite enjoyed watching the Original Series with my mother. I think it's just as valid a past-time as stamp collecting or extreme sports, and in fact probably quite a bit more fun because of all the antics and personalities.

I have tried to explain before why people are angry, upset, etc over this:

I think it is probably because many here, like myself, are paranormal investigators. And, like it or not, the groups on television are our representatives to the public. And TAPS, being the most popular and probably most respected, are believed to be faking evidence, that p***es people off. Because now we have to answer questions from potential clients. We get media requests with that as a topic. Some alleged haunted locations which have invited paranormal research and investigations are now closing their doors, taking the attitude that "well, if TAPS faked evidence, why wouldn't the teams we've invited in do the same thing?" Basically, it lowers the credibility of the people that are doing it for the right reasons.

I hope that clears it up. Thanks!

Taps seemed to be one of the more beleivable shows on television. Therefore if there was foul play, to keep a good reputation, I feel they should cop to it.

If they did, I would regain my respect for the show and still watch it. But thats on them, I still am a bit of a skeptic, but nevertheless, a truthful person is a beleivable person. Taps [ jason and grant] seem to be decent people, and thats one reason I watched the show. Lets hope they are what they claim to be as investagators.

Lets see what comes from all of this.

Wasn't meant to be insulting. Everyone likes to feel that their time spent on something is justified and worthwhile, and I am close friends with a great number of rabid Star Trek fans. In fact I'm not a rabid one but I quite enjoyed watching the Original Series with my mother. I think it's just as valid a past-time as stamp collecting or extreme sports, and in fact probably quite a bit more fun because of all the antics and personalities.

I understand completely. It's like the people who say they prefer fansubs of Naruto because fansubbers feel the need to put the F word in almost every sentence. They feel it makes the show more "mature", to deny the fact that Naruto is aimed at children

The question is curious because the accusers are actually assuming that the show damaged the reputation of the field. In actuality, the accusers are the only one who took it seriously enough to think that might be the case. Most non-fans never even considered it a factual show to begin with, and their opinion on the subject didn't change one way or another.

Taps seemed to be one of the more beleivable shows on television. Therefore if there was foul play, to keep a good reputation, I feel they should cop to it.

If they did, I would regain my respect for the show and still watch it. But thats on them, I still am a bit of a skeptic, but nevertheless, a truthful person is a beleivable person. Taps [ jason and grant] seem to be decent people, and thats one reason I watched the show. Lets hope they are what they claim to be as investagators.

Lets see what comes from all of this.

I agree Jason & Grant are very decent people. And all they are doing is what Phase 3 does. Investingate alleged haunted and prove it to be so. If any wrong doing did happen. Well that is theirs to prove. But I do believe they do honest work. Let say it a educational show that show how it looks like in a investingation and ignore the darn cameras that carry by people that are walking backwards down stairs and

stuff. That is what its all about isn't it. Giving a heads up and a great pat on the back to these guys that put their hearts & minds to the science of ghosthunting. They sometimes might also be putting their lifes in their investingation sometimes b/c of the facts that their are places that are dangerous to investingate like falling down buildings or snake infected caves or whatever they are doing to investing the claims. Whether the claims are true or not. So enough said, right?

I understand completely. It's like the people who say they prefer fansubs of Naruto because fansubbers feel the need to put the F word in almost every sentence. They feel it makes the show more "mature", to deny the fact that Naruto is aimed at children

I actually prefer subs (Fan or official,) because American companies that do the dubbing tend to stick their least qualified - and skilled - people on the job because it's aimed for children, so why bother making it sound good? Not to mention questionable choices in voice acting styles (Hey, I know - Let's give him a really thick New Yorker accent and make him sound like a ******* just for the helluvit! These kids have no attention spans, they won't care!)

At least in the Japanese audio I can't understand what they're saying to be annoyed at how the lines are delivered. But that's just me. :P

Back on topic, I think Jason KB pretty much hit the nail on the head. TAPS faking info while claiming it to be true shames not only paranormal investigation, but investigation in general, whether people 'actually' believe it's true or not. They're making a mockery of the investigative process.

But they kind of do that anyway in the name of making a TV-format friendly show.

I actually prefer subs (Fan or official,) because American companies that do the dubbing tend to stick their least qualified - and skilled - people on the job because it's aimed for children, so why bother making it sound good? Not to mention questionable choices in voice acting styles (Hey, I know - Let's give him a really thick New Yorker accent and make him sound like a ******* just for the helluvit! These kids have no attention spans, they won't care!)

At least in the Japanese audio I can't understand what they're saying to be annoyed at how the lines are delivered. But that's just me. :P

Back on topic, I think Jason KB pretty much hit the nail on the head. TAPS faking info while claiming it to be true shames not only paranormal investigation, but investigation in general, whether people 'actually' believe it's true or not. They're making a mockery of the investigative process.

But they kind of do that anyway in the name of making a TV-format friendly show.

Well, since not all anime is for children, that isn't always the case, but for those like Naruto, it is to an extent. They may not put as much more work into as they could, but I don't think they're that cynical about it. Although I don't understand how anyone can trust a fansub, when the fansubber is not only breaking the law and hurting the industry (which is in rough times right now. poor Geneon is gone...), but is probably wrong and you'd never know. Back on topic, I really think though that what TAPS says or does shouldn't incite anger. What I mean is, if you don't like it, then don't watch, but don't question their right to do as they please

Edited by Knight of the Twilight

Everyone should question when someone claims to be telling the truth and willfully lies. This is true of everyone from talk-show hosts, politicians and lawyers to janitors and scientists.

i think a public whipping is in order!!!

And a formal apology

In pig latin

Tomorrow

And it has to be delivered while standing on the Longline of Shame over the Spike-Filled Pit of Regret!

i think a public whipping is in order!!!

And a formal apology

In pig latin

Tomorrow

Haha, I like the color of your jib.

A petition? If they have broken any laws you could sue them for fraud, or libel, or slander or whatever; I'm not sure which law applies, if any. But a petition is unlikely to have any effect.

I think it is probably because many here, like myself, are paranormal investigators. And, like it or not, the groups on television are our representatives to the public. And TAPS, being the most popular and probably most respected, are believed to be faking evidence, that p***es people off. Because now we have to answer questions from potential clients. We get media requests with that as a topic. Some alleged haunted locations which have invited paranormal research and investigations are now closing their doors, taking the attitude that "well, if TAPS faked evidence, why wouldn't the teams we've invited in do the same thing?" Basically, it lowers the credibility of the people that are doing it for the right reasons.

If you are conducting an investigation into the paranormal for the right reasons, I don't think trying to get attention for your investigation is part of that process, but that's just my opinion. I don't think you need a public image to go with your endeavors or validations for your conclusions, if they are legitimate.

Edited by seekingwhat

If you are conducting an investigation into the paranormal for the right reasons, I don't think trying to get attention for your investigation is part of that process, but that's just my opinion. I don't think you need a public image to go with your endeavors or validations for your conclusions, if they are legitimate.

I don't think I understand what you are trying to say here. Could you please clear it up for me?

What I was trying to say was that, in the wake of the TAPS event, far too many are now focusing on the idea that a popular and respected group may have faked evidence, and that hurts, at least in some way with some members of the public, the credibility of the field, as well as individual groups such as mine, and the groups of friends of mine.

If we're still bashing TAPS--the team, not the show--I want to share that they recently (Novemeber 08) did charity work for tourettes syndrome.

They are truly dreadful people, I mean, my goodness.

If we're still bashing TAPS--the team, not the show--I want to share that they recently (Novemeber 08) did charity work for tourettes syndrome.

They are truly dreadful people, I mean, my goodness.

Oh, come on. That is so weak. I don't think anyone in their right mind does not appreciate TAPS, or anyone else for the matter, who does charitable work. But that in and of itself is not a free pass. You can still be criticized for your actions.

Okay this thread was really good but and was almost done and my power went out. But now the videos are back and I can watch them which makes me wonder if my computer was hacked.

Okay here is the jist they faked their 2008 live investigation. By doing this they have discredited our whole community. This should not go unpunished. So you be Judge and Jury on this one.

Here is some links

Youtube clip

Here is a petition to get them to tell the truth.

JMO, should be banned forever. The supernatural is nothing to play with. There are plenty of legit groups to take their place.

L.C.

Oh, come on. That is so weak. I don't think anyone in their right mind does not appreciate TAPS, or anyone else for the matter, who does charitable work. But that in and of itself is not a free pass. You can still be criticized for your actions.

From what I've been reading, it honestly sounds like some people are getting to that point. People are so consumed by the fact TAPS MIGHT have faked something, they don't look at the little things they do get involved with.

Criticized for what actions? Following their contract and acting like they're required to?

Edited by Ebonykrow