Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
killo508

loch ness elephant

killo508

you know how people are saying that the loch ness monster isnt real i saw champ you know umm... lake champlane i saw champ on vermont side he did look like an elephant because the trunk could look like the neck and you know what i mean so tell me what do you think

killo508
you know how people are saying that the loch ness monster isnt real i saw champ you know umm... lake champlane i saw champ on vermont side he did look like an elephant because the trunk could look like the neck and you know what i mean so tell me what do you think
it is an elephant

Podo

The chances of an elephant randomly swimming through lake champlaine are about as likely as Champ actually existing. It's not beyond the realm of possibility, however.

Also, it would be very helpful if you improved your grammar a bit.

That being said, welcome to UM forums!

Stormcrow

This theory as long since been disproven. Use the search function. :tu:

emberlake
This theory as long since been disproven. Use the search function. :tu:

Which theory are you referring too that has been disproven, The theory that an elephant could be mistaken for a sea monster or that there's sea monsters?

It is my opinion, It's not always necessary to use the search function or resurrect a thread or before opening a discussion... if that was the case there wouldn't be a plethora of bigfoot threads going at once like there are right now.

Edited by D is here

The Original Chupa King

Also, how many elephants live in Scotland?!

Ruffjeff

5!...:P

12ambo

I read somewhere that a circus went to Scotland and the Elephants use to swim in the Loch

Stormcrow

That Nessie was ever an elephant. o_o The whole circus elephant escape senario has been disproven seeing as there are no reports of a circus elephant ever escaping in the Loch Ness region.

Still Waters
Also, how many elephants live in Scotland?!

You'd be surprised :lol:

Bill Hill

An elephant swimming around in Lock Ness..

yep, I can't see any problems with that... it's a .... STAMP ..viable theory.

The Original Chupa King
An elephant swimming around in Lock Ness..

yep, I can't see any problems with that... it's a .... STAMP ..viable theory.

Your obvious sarcasm amuses me, mortal.

:D

Edited by The Chupacabra King

Urisk
You'd be surprised :lol:

Ha, you beat me to it!

I've seen at least 2 at Blair Drummond Safari Park.

Cloudshill

Ok?.... B)

post-77721-1230403146_thumb.jpg

cryptid control

What would be the chances of seeing a elephant swimming around in a lake in the middle of scotland?

Undeadskeptic

:lol: A loch Ness elephant? Now I've seen everything.

"Have you seen a man eat his own head?"

psyche101
What would be the chances of seeing a elephant swimming around in a lake in the middle of scotland?

Very good during the early 1930's.

research showed circuses were a common occurrence in the area, particularly from the early 1930s.

"The circuses used to take the road up to Inverness and allow their animals to have a rest, swim about in the loch and refresh themselves," he said.

"It's quite possible that the people around Loch Ness saw some of these animals.

"When their elephants were allowed to swim in the loch, only the trunk and two humps could be seen - the first hump being the top of the head and the second being the back of the animal.

Source.

snuffypuffer

:mellow:

Well that would explain why nothing ever comes up in the sonar.

LizFL

I just plain want to believe it is a dinosaur. Maybe Mokele-Mbembe could be an elephant because of the region....

mr_crypto

Ok, i don't claim to know everything about elephants, but is it common for Elephants to live in the wild around loch ness? Yeah i can see how an elephant could be a "plausable" answer, but come on.....an elephant?!? Wouldn't you think that it would have left the water to eat....be seen by the local population.....and maybe a pic or two of him eating from a tree. Last time i checked, there are not any pics of the creature besides a possible neck sticking out of the water, or underwater pics of a possible fin. Thanks.

Edited by mr_crypto

psyche101
Ok, i don't claim to know everything about elephants, but is it common for Elephants to live in the wild around loch ness? Yeah i can see how an elephant could be a "plausable" answer, but come on.....an elephant?!? Wouldn't you think that it would have left the water to eat....be seen by the local population.....and maybe a pic or two of him eating from a tree. Last time i checked, there are not any pics of the creature besides a possible neck sticking out of the water, or underwater pics of a possible fin. Thanks.

If you go back to post #17 and follow the link you will see that in the early 1930's circuses were common in the area, and often camped on Loch Ness.

The theory is supposed to describe a rash of sightings in the early 1930's, helping give rise to the legend, not all sightings over all time.

I have no doubt many things make up nessie.

mr_crypto
If you go back to post #17 and follow the link you will see that in the early 1930's circuses were common in the area, and often camped on Loch Ness.

The theory is supposed to describe a rash of sightings in the early 1930's, helping give rise to the legend, not all sightings over all time.

I have no doubt many things make up nessie.

Ok... I can see that. That could account for the sightings during that time frame, but what about all the rest of the sightings. I'm a very hardend believer in evidence thats based in cold hard facts. Call me crazy, but I also have to believe that out of all the "witnesses" that have reported seeing this "creature" most of them were mistaken, but what if one did actually see a real crypto? I have to bet that no matter what You, Me or other people say about this, it will alway be true to them. And you know what, they may just turn out to be right, just like with BF. Time will tell. Think about it, what do we really know about the world around us. Probably not as much as we would like to, or we think we do. Thanks!

Bill Hill

I think I've come up with a way we can test this theory.

Ok, I'm going to need a boat, a big boat...and a big net.

oh and one bag of peanuts..

psyche101
Ok... I can see that. That could account for the sightings during that time frame, but what about all the rest of the sightings. I'm a very hardend believer in evidence thats based in cold hard facts. Call me crazy, but I also have to believe that out of all the "witnesses" that have reported seeing this "creature" most of them were mistaken, but what if one did actually see a real crypto? I have to bet that no matter what You, Me or other people say about this, it will alway be true to them. And you know what, they may just turn out to be right, just like with BF. Time will tell. Think about it, what do we really know about the world around us. Probably not as much as we would like to, or we think we do. Thanks!

OK you are crazy.

(JK) :D

We have a pretty good understanding of bio-organisms and they way they exist, the conditions they need and how they get by.

Never as much as we would like to, but we can determine if a thing is possible or not. Some things are just what they are. Like the surgeons photo, the BBC sonar results. The fact that Loch Ness was frozen over Ten Thousand years ago. Imagination extends the boundaries of reality, but only temporarily. Reality snaps things back into shape.

I must ask - like Biff? How so? He is a construct. Absolutely no proof exists. The rubber suit was filled with offal.

I guess people who have seen what they want to see are unlikely to let such a treasure go.

Nessie witnesses just have to be mistaking the sightings, no doubt some weird wormy creatures may live in the peat, Eels may get locked and grow unimaginably large, but no giant monster is in the loch. It's just a tourist thing nowadays. Very cool legend but.

psyche101
I think I've come up with a way we can test this theory.

Ok, I'm going to need a boat, a big boat...and a big net.

oh and one bag of peanuts..

You might want to ask Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown for the keys to the DeLorean too.