Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photos of orbs, streaks and ghostly mists...

Babs

I have pictures of orbs, streaks and ghostly mists. w00t.gif

I really don't know what these things are and need some help in figuring it out. As I sort the pictures, I will post them. I have taken pictures, sometimes, of the same spot over and over again, the orb moves. dontgetit.gif

This is a picture of an orb, in the left corner of the picture, next to a cannon. My husband and I were at the battlefield of Gettysburg, Pennslyvania on a dark beautiful, dry night. What do you think?

Edited by Babs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Loonboy

• PurpleStuart

• Agent_21

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could the cannon have been reflecting it?

Hey, but atleast it's not a transparent speck of dust that people consider an orb! Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing. wacko.gif What other pictures do you have?

Cya!

I do believe in ghosts, but like bloodthorn, i think it's the flash reflecting off teh cannon from different angles.

Yes, I have to agree with the others. The use of teh flash is obvious from the photo and reflections from the cannon seems the most likely cause of the 'orb'.

i agree with the above and also remember orbs are also created by the flash picking up on dust or other small partiles close to the camera

after seeing orbs in pics taken with my first son , i looked through other pics i had taken and i cant find any

i had to shrink the pic to get it in here... i have another pic taken just before this one with no orbs .

i have noticed that in 2 out of 10 pics taken with my son there are orbs. mostly in my house....and we have a very strong ionizer in the apartment , so there really isnt any dust in it. i dont know for sure what it could be but i do find it weird

*also notice that the glare from the camera can be seen on the right , next to my head in the pic.. and the glow inbetween the orbs is the light in the room reflecting off of the window (its NOT a ufo lol)

post-10-1081278353.jpg

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity

Above an old stone church is an orb.

Edited by Babs

We were standing 30,40 feet away from the cannon and the cannon is dull, flat....it's many years old and doesn't have a shiny surface to reflect off of. And, remember, an electronic flash loses much of it's light power as the subject gets more than 10 ft. away from the camera...as a result it loses much of it's ability to reflect.

We took many pictures of that cannon that night, one right after the other, in the same position, and we didn't have another orb.

Babs if that was an actual object above the church it would be at least 6' in diametre - all orbs are are dust, insects or other small particles close to the camera reflecting light off the flash.

UniversalAbsurdity - although i'll have to check this to be sure, Ionisers do not prevent dust from forming as such and so to say there would be NO dust i think would be incorrect. Remember it doesn't have to be dust per se, it could be any type of particle even (no insult meant to the taker of that photograph) dandruff falling in front of the lens for example.

UniversalAbsurdity

Yes, those are orbs and I see your light fixture above your head and the camera glare, too. I think that is an excellent example. clap.gif

Here is another picture of the old stone church taken one second after the orb picture. No orbs! whistling2.gif

although i'll have to check this to be sure, Ionisers do not prevent dust from forming as such and so to say there would be NO dust i think would be incorrect.

well, the reason i bought the ionizer was to get rid of airborne particles, it could not possibly get rid of ALL airborne particles , but it does a pretty decent job

Remember it doesn't have to be dust per se, it could be any type of particle even (no insult meant to the taker of that photograph) dandruff falling in front of the lens for example.

point taken

i still cant figure out why pics ive taken before my son was born have no orbs in them.

Babs, yep the dust/particle/insect/whatever had fallen/was blown/flew out of view.

UA - thats kids for yah, always causing a mess laugh.gif

I am going over these pictures very carefully, now, and maybe some of them could have a hair or speck of dirt on them. The ones that look like that, I won't post. I have some goodies coming up, though. original.gifph34r.gif

It seems that some of you have some better ones. w00t.gif You know, if we all looked at all of our old photos, we might be surprized at what popped up. rainfro.gif

PurpleStuart...I have a good picture of an old settlers cemetary with a gigantic orb near a tombstone; I'll get it posted. ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Edited by Babs

I have very many 'orb' photos - they are all cases of dust and flash. I never realised that other people thought they were anything different until the last few years and to be brutally honest i'm not convinced in the slightest there is anything supernatural about them at all.

My husband is an amateur photograper...it is his hobby. He cleans his lens every time he uses his camera. He says that there shouldn't be any dust on the camera lens; I use his cameras. original.gif

PurpleStuart, no one touches our cameras and there aren't any children around.

Edited by Babs

Here are two photos of orbs captured in a cottage in the Lake District in 2002. The cottage was most definitely haunted - I stayed there.

What's interesting about these is that the orb is in the same place in two photos taken from different angles, as if whatever caused it was in the same spot in three dimensional space. You could argue that it's dust, but none of the other photos in the cottage picked anything up at all.

Strange.

Ps - sorry about the quality - I had to scale them down to post them.

blink.gif

orb1.jpg

post-10-1081349277.jpg

Edited by Loonboy

Loonboy....what do you mean it was definitely haunted? What happened? crying.gif

dontgetit.gif

I'll be brief as this tale was already told when I first posted the photos 16 months ago.

I stayed there with a good friend of mine - we were up there to do a week of hiking and fell walking but the weather wasn't that great, so we only did about 3, and the rest of the time was spent exploring the towns (and pubs).

The cottage is in Conniston, is 400 years old and was really quaint but had a strange feeling from the start. In my bedroom one night I woke up to hear what I thought was a little girl speaking in the room. As soon as I woke, it stopped. The next night I heard something moving on the carpet - as if a shoe had scuffed the carpet right next to the bed.

There was an eaves cupboard at the top of the stairs which was locked and bolted. Another night we heard it rattling and bumping, as if something was inside it.

My friend in the other room felt one night as if he had been tucked in by something, and saw the curtains move as if someone was looking out into the lane below, but there was nobody there.

All in all, a bit creepy, but not in a bad way. blink.gif

Great story Loonboy! Ghosts have been known to tuck people in at night or rearrange the pillows. Yes, the place was definitely haunted. I had a similar experience in haunted Gettysburg, Pennsylvania with the pillows. In fact, that was the first time I came across the 'orbs'. Our ghost tour guide told us all that some of us might be getting orbs in our photos. whistling2.gif

TSO...that looks like an orb in motion. I have a few of those in my photos. idea.gif I wonder what everyone else thinks?

Hi Babs,

Thanks for your thoughts. I have had two opinons on this so far, and for sure they reckon its a spirit passing through.

I have always felt something odd around the staircase since we moved in 18 months ago, I have never felt threatened or frightened by this feeling, and have even mentioned the 'spook' in passing to my partner before the picture came about, so you can imagine how I was really surprised to see the 'orb' on picture. To me its like a kind of proof that I was right in my suspicions.

Even now I am drawn to the stairs. But If I were ever see anything with my own eyes I would 'poo' myself w00t.gif

Cheers

TSO

This is a large orb. Also, there is an orb in motion.This photo was taken in an old settlers' cemetary in my hometown. (over 200 years old).

Edited by Babs

TSO...

...have even mentioned the 'spook' in passing to my partner before the picture came about, so you can imagine how I was really surprized to see the orb on picture.
To me it's like a kind of proof that I was right in my suspicions.

That's what I think. I go to places where I think ghosts will likely be and take pictures. Guess what happens? ....Orbs! original.gif

Edited by Babs