Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

120 reportedly killed in Israeli strikes on

__Kratos__

GAZA CITY - Israel's air force fired about 30 missiles at targets in the Gaza Strip on Saturday, destroying several Hamas police compounds and killing more than 120 people, according to witnesses and news reports.

Health Ministry official Moawiya Hassanain told the Associated Press at least 120 people were killed, a report echoed by Al Jazeera television, according to Reuters.

In one of the Hamas compounds, bodies of more than a dozen uniformed security officers were seen lying on the ground. One survivor raised his index finger in a show of Muslim faith, uttering a prayer.

The Israeli military confirmed they had conducted strikes, saying they targeted "terrorist infrastructure," Reuters reported.

Amid the chaos caused by the widespread attacks, plumes of black smoke rose over Gaza City, sirens wailed through the streets and women frantically looked for their children.

The strikes, which targeted police compounds throughout Gaza Strip, caused widespread panic.

TV footage showed bodies of more than a dozen black-clad security men lying on the ground in one area.

The attacks followed a decision by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's security cabinet to widen reprisals for cross-border Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel.

Scattered dead bodies

Television footage showed dead bodies scattered on a road and wounded and dead being carried away by distraught rescuers.

There was widespread damage to buildings.

A Reuters correspondent said Gaza City port and security installations of the Islamist Hamas group were badly damaged.

A six-month truce expired last week in Gaza.

More of the article here: Link

--------------------------------------------------

This is a hell of a response to their rockets.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ufo Believer

• acidhead

• questionmark

• preacherman76

I believe Hamas fired 70 rockets into Israel yesterday, did any of those rockets kill any Israelis?

I believe Hamas fired 70 rockets into Israel yesterday, did any of those rockets kill any Israelis?

I don't believe so. Before the article was 'updated' it said that Hamas had killed 2 of their children in a rocket that went off course.

*Just to note here, it's breaking news yet so the web page is still changing so to get the latest updates you'll have to click the source link.

Hamas was very little effective in the last few months, not causing more than material damage. Besides, those rockets are hardly more than ill welded tubes full of black powder...hardly a major threat.

Now, if the Gaza government can't stop some jokers from attempting to hurt Israelis, I guess it is time for Israel to do it. It is not like they have not left them a chance to do so.

ED: looks like they hit something:

Man killed in rocket strike

South Israel under fire; residents urged to remain in shelters. At least three wounded as rocket hits Netivot

Ilana Curiel

Published: 12.27.08, 14:17 / Israel News

Terror groups fire at Israeli communities: A man was killed and three other Israelis sustained light to serious wounds after a rocket hit an apartment building in Netivot, the Magen David Adom ambulance service said.

Hamas' armed wing, the Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades claimed responsibility for the deadly attack.

A short while after the IDF launched its major aerial strike in Gaza, the Red Color anti-rocket alarm went off at southern Israeli communities, as terrorists started firing rockets at Israel. The IDF Home Front Command is urging residents to remain in secured rooms and bomb shelters.

The Palestinian bombardment started around 1 pm, when a rocket hit the Netivot area. A short while later, the rocket alarm was heard in Ashkelon, as two rockets hit the southern city. No injuries or damage were reported in the strike.

In the most recent barrage at least 10 rockets were fired toward Netivot. One of the rockets hit a private home, while the second landed on an apartment building in the city, resulting in the death of a 30-year-old man. Three other people were evacuated to nearby hospitals with light to serious wounds. Another rocket landed near the local market.

At least 20 rockets have been fired toward Israel since Saturday morning.

Full story, source: Ynetnews

Edited by questionmark

go isreal!!! get rid of these terrorist groups.

go isreal!!! get rid of these terrorist groups.

State sponsored terrorism is still terrorism, no matter whose 'side' they're on.

Israel is a danger to the world.

Had the international community condemned the Jewish settlers from violently stealing and illegally forcing

the palestinian arabs off their land and creating a country or state smack dab there would be no rocket

attacks.

Israel created the mess they are swimming in and everybody suffers because of their bad decisions.

Things will only begin to get better in the middle east once Israel accepts responsibility and removes itself from illegally

occupied territories.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...fOnCPcFQVbPDfBQ

At least 195 killed in Israeli air strikes on Gaza: Hamas

1 hour ago

GAZA CITY (AFP) — At least 195 Palestinians were killed across the Gaza Strip on Saturday in massive Israeli air strikes on the Hamas-run enclave, the head of Gaza emergency services Moawiya Hassanein said.

"The number of victims has reached 195 martyrs with more than 300 wounded, 120 of whom are critically hurt," he told AFP. "The toll has gone up because of new Israeli raids and the discovery of several martyrs under the rubble."

An earlier toll released by Palestinian officials spoke of at least 160 dead.

How can anybody support this and sleep at night?

-you dont fight terrorism by intentionally dropping bombs on civillians..

Israel is a danger to the world.

Edited by acidhead43

Israeli should have never given back the ground it occupied after the war, forcing any remaining Palestinians into Jordan or Egypt.

but lets blame the JEWS which is the easy option. the Palestinians have been used has pawns by neighbouring Arab countries for years. but we wont mention that. I

Edited by stevewinn

Israeli should have never given back the ground it occupied after the war, forcing any remaining Palestinians into Jordan or Egypt.

but lets blame the JEWS which is the easy option. the Palestinians have been used has pawns by neighbouring Arab countries for years. but we wont mention that. I

okay.. using your theory we should be blaming the Germans first

We can split up popular opinion on wether Israel should exist as a peaceful nation into 3 groups:

1. bible thumpers who believe that Israel has a right to this land

2. non bible thumpers who believe that Israel has a right to this land

3. non bible thumpers who see a difference between wrong and right

What group do you belong to?

If you picked #2. it should be interesting to hear the logic behind that choice.

It's too bad, but not really surprising given that Hamas refused to renew the cease-fire and started launching rockets again. Thankfully the West Bank seems to have gained some kind of sanity. Just hope it stays that way.

If you picked #2. it should be interesting to hear the logic behind that choice.

Creation of Israel in 1948 established a new reality in Middle East. Another people arrived and settled in the land, creating a strong national state on it. This is the right on land, taken by force. Also, one needs to remember, that Arabs are not indigenous people in the area, but also occupants, who established their right on this lands also by force. Arabs must admit the new reality and stop stirring the crap - they hold enough lands which they themselves conquered from others - Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia... It can not hurt them if the Jews have their tiny bit as well.

Plus the Allies were big behind the whole Jewish homeland idea and Israel made the most sense since historically it's been the center of Jewish religious and political life, until the Romans kicked them out and destroyed the Temple. Makes a lot more sense than Kenya, which I believe was another possibility.

Creation of Israel in 1948 established a new reality in Middle East. Another people arrived and settled in the land, creating a strong national state on it. This is the right on land, taken by force. Also, one needs to remember, that Arabs are not indigenous people in the area, but also occupants, who established their right on this lands also by force. Arabs must admit the new reality and stop stirring the crap - they hold enough lands which they themselves conquered from others - Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia... It can not hurt them if the Jews have their tiny bit as well.

..a white skinned man arrived in a land occupied by darker skinned people for centuries

hmmm.. how did that happen?

2. non bible thumpers who believe that Israel has a right to this land

Total right, whether by international law or historical claims, to share the land that is called Israel with the 3.5 million 'palestinians' that live there in peace. The right to put a big wall round it, ( no restaurants full of kids blown up for a while now).

No right whatsoever to Gaza (which is Egyptian) but they don't occupy Gaza anyway.

No right to the West Bank (which is Jordanian) but the daily terrorist infiltration attempts and the threat of rockets onto the coastal strip and airport make a total pull-out suicidal. Unless someone wants to stick 40-50000 peackeepers in there of course.

Edited by Moon Monkey

..a white skinned man arrived in a land occupied by darker skinned people for centuries

We do not separate people by their skin colour. Israeli Jews have all skin colours, from white to olive to black - what this has to do with their desire to live on their historical lands? One thing Corp reminded me about - is that Italy was supposed to cover the resettling bills, as it was surely Vespasio Flavius who did it - took all Jews as slaves to Rome and redistributed their lands between his retired legionnaires.

Meanwhile I was really surprised with your racist approach, I thought you were internationalist.

The way it always has and always does. Population migrations have displaced the prior occupants through all of human history.

We do not separate people by their skin colour. Israeli Jews have all skin colours, from white to olive to black - what this has to do with their desire to live on their historical lands? One thing Corp reminded me about - is that Italy was supposed to cover the resettling bills, as it was surely Vespasio Flavius who did it - took all Jews as slaves to Rome and redistributed their lands between his retired legionnaires.

Meanwhile I was really surprised with your racist approach, I thought you were internationalist.

nice try on the racist approach..

ive been to old jerusalem..............no dark skinned people

just clear, pure white skin.

Does this look like the face of a terrorist? linked-image

Does this look like a young man who will forgive Israel? linked-image

Strange, neither one of them has dark skin.

It can not hurt them if the Jews have their tiny bit as well.

how would you feel if a followers of a certain religion , decided they own a three states of America (for a religion reasons)

and how they will occupy it ?

every one of them choose a lovely house and break into it , he first start by killing the father in front of his family (they have the guns) , kill every one who try to resist , kick the rest from the house and occupy the house , and then run to the media claiming that his unknown grandfathers lived here a million years ago !

beside they think that they also own America , so it's just a mater of time you and your family will face the same fate , this is Israel !

Israel believe they own Syria and Egypt !! , how ridiculous !

my mom witnessed the war when she was a child , she told me that when Israel started occupying syria and the bombs started to fall on the city she had the biggest shock in her life ,her father woke up on the sounds of the bombs at night , when he saw the panic he climbed to the roof acting like he don't care just to decrease the fear in his childrens, she said that he did that for that reason , but my mom was over whelmed by fear that her mouth stood open because of the fear she coulden't close it !

now Palestinians are suffering that more than 50 years (and counting) , and you want them to be cool with it !!

Strange, neither one of them has dark skin.

linked-image

Freaky white people linked-image

linked-image

Edited by acidhead43

now Palestinians are suffering that more than 50 years (and counting) , and you want them to be cool with it !!

The Israelis have rocket landing in their lands almost daily, they have to have armed guards on school buses out of fear of suicide bombers, and are surrounded by people who have clearly stated that it is their holy mission to kill every single one of them. Should they be cool with that?

I'd have a hell of a lot more sympathy for the Palestinians if they dumped the terrorism bit. Israel has done a ton of crappy things but as long as the Palestinians believe that children are military targets then I'll continue to side with the Israelis.

how would you feel if a followers of a certain religion , decided they own a three states of America (for a religion reasons)

and how they will occupy it ?

every one of them choose a lovely house and break into it , he first start by killing the father in front of his family (they have the guns) , kill every one who try to resist , kick the rest from the house and occupy the house , and then run to the media claiming that his unknown grandfathers lived here a million years ago !

beside they think that they also own America , so it's just a mater of time you and your family will face the same fate , this is Israel !

Israel believe they own Syria and Egypt !! , how ridiculous !

my mom witnessed the war when she was a child , she told me that when Israel started occupying syria and the bombs started to fall on the city she had the biggest shock in her life ,her father woke up on the sounds of the bombs at night , when he saw the panic he climbed to the roof acting like he don't care just to decrease the fear in his childrens, she said that he did that for that reason , but my mom was over whelmed by fear that her mouth stood open because of the fear she coulden't close it !

maa2007, Barak Obama could claim Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are real and half of America would believe it.

Hell in America parents get upset when school teachers inform the children Santa is not real.

People here in America live their lives wishing they were some one else.

..so much that they are willing to accept religious beliefs as National holidays even when they aren't religious.

..... they are truly the ones in-the-know.