Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

120 reportedly killed in Israeli strikes on

__Kratos__

The UN Paritian Plan of 1948 was not recognized by the surrounding Arab countries.

The plan was not recognized by the surrounding arab countries.

HOW DIFFICULT IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND????????

The turks were forced to recognise the plan to create those arab countries from land they lost in a war. The turks recognise Israel. What on earth has it got to do with artificial 'arab' countries if an artificial partition of a 'jewish' country and another 'arab' country is made. The arabs got 90% of a partitioned turkish province, the jews got 10% if that.

Why is 1948 so interesting to you ?...is it possibly because it is the only few weeks in the whole history of the region from which you can make a debate.

Edited by Moon Monkey

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ufo Believer

• acidhead

• questionmark

• preacherman76

So what?

You keep saying that as though it meant something.

Not only was Israel not recognized by the surrounding Arab countries, but those countries took it a step further and tried to destroy Israel and kill all the Israelis. They were then, and remain now, unable to do so, which is why there is an Israel today.

Whoooow there. So you mean i can camp in your backyard, because my friends said i could. So you cant say anything and that's just to bad?

Sorry bad that's just silly.

Whoooow there. So you mean i can camp in your backyard, because my friends said i could. So you cant say anything and that's just to bad?

I mean you're already living in a building that's owned by someone else, and every other apartment is empty, and the owner of the building says he's giving half the building to you and half to some new guy you don't like. You decide you want the whole building, so you keep trying to kill the new guy.

The question was never about anybody camping in anybodies backyard, the question is whose backyard it was to start with. The Jews were already there and they were a majority along the '48 division line. That is the part always conveniently omitted by the Arabs. Now, that the aforesaid majority had not been in the country any longer than 10 years is the part conveniently omitted by the Israelis...

Along classical democratic rules the UN decided that the will of the majority, namely an independent state, was the way forward. Nothing more and nothing less than what happened in former Yugoslavia some years back.

I mean you're already living in a building that's owned by someone else, and every other apartment is empty, and the owner of the building says he's giving half the building to you and half to some new guy you don't like. You decide you want the whole building, so you keep trying to kill the new guy.

Who is owning the building in your case??

The arabs rejected the plan to form a Israel country in Palestine, both the arabs already living in the region and the surrounding countries. So it is nothing like you said. For me its sounds like the apartments are already full, and the new guy with his family gets half the apartments

The arabs rejected the plan to form a Israel country in Palestine, both the arabs already living in the region and the surrounding countries. So it is nothing like you said. For me its sounds like the apartments are already full, and the new guy with his family gets half the apartments

I agree.

Today's Israeli sympathizers turn a blind eye to what is right and what is wrong.

Its a narrow one way street to them and if your truck is bigger than the smaller car can wait until its safe to pass.

Good. The only reason this is good is because Gaza Strip has a bunch of Terrorist running the country.

The Brits owned the building, after getting the deed from the previous owner, the Ottoman Empire.

The arabs rejected the plan to form a Israel country in Palestine, both the arabs already living in the region and the surrounding countries.

Right. That's been said before, and my reply was essentially, tough. The Arabs did not have veto power over the plan. Nor did they have sovereignty over the area. The British did. If the Arabs had accepted the plan, instead of trying to destroy Israel, 60 years of misery would have been averted.

The question was never about anybody camping in anybodies backyard, the question is whose backyard it was to start with. The Jews were already there and they were a majority along the '48 division line. That is the part always conveniently omitted by the Arabs. Now, that the aforesaid majority had not been in the country any longer than 10 years is the part conveniently omitted by the Israelis...

Along classical democratic rules the UN decided that the will of the majority, namely an independent state, was the way forward. Nothing more and nothing less than what happened in former Yugoslavia some years back.

Well, the jewish population up to 1940 was only 450.000. And after that the British made it illegal to migrate to Palestine. Only 75.000 Jews in five years, thats how many were allowed into Palestine. But this didn't help as aprox. 150.000 ignored this, and crossed into Palestine illegally, so by the time the 48' division line was formed, many Jews were there illegally. No?

Well, the jewish population up to 1940 was only 450.000. And after that the British made it illegal to migrate to Palestine. Only 75.000 Jews in five years, thats how many were allowed into Palestine. But this didn't help as aprox. 150.000 ignored this, and crossed into Palestine illegally, so by the time the 48' division line was formed, many Jews were there illegally. No?

The British did not see it that way in '48, and it was their land at the time to divide as they saw fit.

150.000 ignored this, and crossed into Palestine illegally, so by the time the 48' division line was formed, many Jews were there illegally.

A status which was made legal by Britain and the UN.

Edited by AlexG

Good. The only reason this is good is because Gaza Strip has a bunch of Terrorist running the country.

Yes but why does that have to go out on the civilians, who have done nothing wrong?

Yes the terrorist should be taken care of, but not at the cost of civilian lives.

The civilans could have left but didn't. It's their own fault anyway.

Left their homes? where would they go? To Israel perhaps?

I am not defending the terrorists here, only the civilians, the innocent who are caught in the crossfire

According to your nonsense Jews could have left Nazi Germany so it is their fault holocoust happened, ehh?

No, I am not saying that. What I meant was that the civilans probaly voted the terrorist in so they get what they deserve.

The British did not see it that way in '48, and it was their land at the time to divide as they saw fit.

Well that may be. Im not trying to debate historical fact, but to debate if the Palestinians have a right to be upset by the way they are treated and the way Israel is dealing with the issue. I do accept an Israel state and their right to be where they are. But the way they are protecting them self, for me is not acceptable. And the reason why i mention the Israeli illegal immigrants is to show that the arabs have a right to feel pushed around, both by the Brits and the Israelis. I would imagine it similar to the way Americans see the Illegal immigration by the Mexicans.

Well that may be. Im not trying to debate historical fact, but to debate if the Palestinians have a right to be upset by the way they are treated and the way Israel is dealing with the issue. I do accept an Israel state and their right to be where they are. But the way they are protecting them self, for me is not acceptable. And the reason why i mention the Israeli illegal immigrants is to show that the arabs have a right to feel pushed around, both by the Brits and the Israelis. I would imagine it similar to the way Americans see the Illegal immigration by the Mexicans.

The point is that there are no innocent parties in this conflict, the one side has just as much blood on their hands as the other. And no matter what the Israelis say: this is not about a few waterpipes filled with black powder, this is about elections around the corner. What Hamas should do, if they survive this one, is fire Ismail Hania for giving Israel the excuse to attack by rescinding the cease-fire.

The point is that there are no innocent parties in this conflict, the one side has just as much blood on their hands as the other. And no matter what the Israelis say: this is not about a few waterpipes filled with black powder, this is about elections around the corner. What Hamas should do, if they survive this one, is fire Ismail Hania for giving Israel the excuse to attack by rescinding the cease-fire.

You are right, as usual.

Yes that is true, both sides have blood on their hands. The only ones that are getting it hard, is the civilians on both sides, but Palestinians by far, worst.

I cant understand why they keep putting up with Hamas. My first thought would be that they are too afraid of them to cross them. I hope that efter these attacks that they open their eyes and start seeing Hamas for what they really are.

I think the reason is because the terrorist have weapons. The people of Palestine didn't know what they were getting into when they voted Hamas in. They didn't see this escolation coming.

I think the reason is because the terrorist have weapons. The people of Palestine didn't know what they were getting into when they voted Hamas in. They didn't see this escolation coming.

You're probably one that supports the supposed right to carry in the US as well..

An interesting observation. Does this make the whole mess the fault of the Brits? :huh:

If you mean weapons...hell yeah. :gun:

Edited by Ufo Believer