Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

120 reportedly killed in Israeli strikes on

__Kratos__

i think its a waste of time debating who was there first. I think we need to look at the UN resolution from 1948. am sure it said has part of the agreement Israel would have 80% of the land. with the Palestinians having the remainder including Jerusalem. but since then Israel has taken more land including Jerusalem, which goes against the Original UN resolution,

and since then the UN has past resolutions for Israel to obey the 1948 resolution. but the resolutions have never been made mandatory, thanks to votes from the US and others.

am pretty sure the above is correct but seeing people have their History books out can anyone confirm the above?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ufo Believer

• acidhead

• questionmark

• preacherman76

i think its a waste of time debating who was there first. I think we need to look at the UN resolution from 1948. am sure it said has part of the agreement Israel would have 80% of the land. with the Palestinians having the remainder including Jerusalem. but since then Israel has taken more land including Jerusalem, which goes against the Original UN resolution,

and since then the UN has past resolutions for Israel to obey the 1948 resolution. but the resolutions have never been made mandatory, thanks to votes from the US and others.

am pretty sure the above is correct but seeing people have their History books out can anyone confirm the above?

Naturally there is no going back on the status quo. And if it were not for some Palestinian professional revolutionaries and some Erez Israel fanatics on the other side there would be no need to mention this.

The legal status is quite clear, In '47 what is called now Israel and Palestine was British, the British decided to divide it into several countries and had every right to do so. The UN confirmed the legality of the British decision...so: end of discussion.

Naturally there is no going back on the status quo. And if it were not for some Palestinian professional revolutionaries and some Erez Israel fanatics on the other side there would be no need to mention this.

The legal status is quite clear, In '47 what is called now Israel and Palestine was British, the British decided to divide it into several countries and had every right to do so. The UN confirmed the legality of the British decision...so: end of discussion.

Here is a documentary by the BBC, Birth of Israel. might give people a good idea of what's went on. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rEFPxRDhT_U the rest of the parts can be found on the right.

That part is not as clear cut as some might want to make it look.... in the last 4000 years of the Middle East Israel has been controlled by Jews less than 400, in the rest of the time they either did not exist, were dominated by some other tribe or simply expulsed from the area, so the claim is more than iffy. By that rule the Christians would have a greater claim (they made about 500 years).

Turks had it the longest...give it back to them, but Lebanon, Syria and Jordan must go too.

What is the cut-off date? 'cause the Neanderthals will love this one if there is none!

Exactly my point.

Some nations believe history starts with them and them only.

Yup, all heil to the Neanderthals.

in related news:

'Even the Left Was in Favor of Striking Hamas'

An operation against Hamas was necessary -- but a war aimed at eliminating the Palestinian radical group is irresponsible, says Israeli author Meir Shalev in an interview with SPIEGEL ONLINE. Israel, he says, needs to find a political solution through negotiations.

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Israel's war against Hamas continues to drag on. When will it end?

Shalev: If it had been up to me, it would have been over after half a day. I am certainly of the opinion that it was necessary to warn and to punish Hamas. There have simply been too many rockets fired into Israel over the years. Jerusalem should have reacted much earlier and should have had a better-defined goal. Just as in the Lebananon war in 2006, there doesn't seem to be a good plan for how to end the offensive. Now it looks like the idea is to eliminate Hamas and to destroy every last weapons depot in the Gaza Strip. The war has developed a momentum of its own. That is wrong.

Full interview, source: Der Spiegel

I don't see the point of arguing who was there first.

Israel exists, period. If you wanna kick 5 million people out of their homes, then you're going against your own logic.

Edited by Pseudo-Intellectual

Least everyone forgets who and what Israel (and America) is facing:

linked-image

Show me how to negotiate with this. :hmm:

Least everyone forgets who and what Israel (and America) is facing:

linked-image

Show me how to negotiate with this. :hmm:

Michigan militia camp:

linked-image

And your point is...?

Yea, them boys are gonna kill a lot of folks with there bottled juices. :rolleyes:

Yea, them boys are gonna kill a lot of folks with there bottled juices. :rolleyes:

Got some more:

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

just thought that most were capable of getting the message by a less revolting image

linked-image

That girl could do some serious damage with the heels of those shoes :o oh that gun looks nasty to.

I think a licensed gun owner supervising a child on a private range or private land is just a bit different than a woman offering herself and her kid up as human fodder for the cause of Islam. :yes:

I don't see the point of arguing who was there first.

Israel exists, period. If you wanna kick 5 million people out of their homes, then you're going against your own logic.

Of course not, otherwise the last and truthfull argument would be the Jews were not there first.

When Israel kicked out millions of palestinians out of their homes ther was no locig present either, or was there for you???

Good pics questionmark. Unfortunately destroyed by double standards.

I think a licensed gun owner supervising a child on a private range or private land is just a bit different than a woman offering herself and her kid up as human fodder for the cause of Islam. :yes:

Ahhh, how about for the cause of Oil? Oh Yeah, anytime.

Yes because I'm sure that little girl is being trained by her mother to kill arabs, blacks, spanish, jews, asians, take-your-pick in the name of Jesus or someone else.

Yes because I'm sure that little girl is being trained by her mother to kill arabs, blacks, spanish, jews, asians, take-your-pick in the name of Jesus or someone else.

Looks like you are well informed.

The search function is rubbish on these forums, i've just tried to find posts (pre 10/08) condemning the indiscriminate firing of Rockets at Israel by Hamas without success.

The search function is rubbish on these forums, i've just tried to find posts (pre 10/08) condemning the indiscriminate firing of Rockets at Israel by Hamas without success.

It must be around here somewhere...hmmm, I cant imagine that they would go so long without being outraged...

It must be around here somewhere...hmmm, I cant imagine that they would go so long without being outraged...

I know, i refuse to believe people would not be out in force condemning Hamas action. especially while a peace deal or cease fire was still in place. be it 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0 You have been.

Of course not, otherwise the last and truthfull argument would be the Jews were not there first.

When Israel kicked out millions of palestinians out of their homes ther was no locig present either, or was there for you???

LOGIC, if there was any in this post you would know the Palestinians were resettled for Israel, as Israel is not omnipotent it cannot form itself, it was done so by the United Nations after World War 2. However, large numbers of Jews had already been living in the region with vast immigration of Jewish groups returning from Europe which had been happening since the early 1900's, the Jews did not suddenly "appear" in the region kick the Palestinians out onto the streets and occupy their houses as most people insinuate. 80% of the Arab population of the region had already left as a result of the arab-israeli war of 1948-49.

Today's Conflict is against Hamas not the Palestinian people, yes there are civilian casualties, however Hamas has been indiscriminately firing ballistic rockets into Israel for months despite warnings that exactly THIS sort of intervention would happen. Almost all the Israeli victims of Hamas rockets were civilians, almost all of the Palestinian casualties in these two weeks of conflict have been Hamas officials and militants. The only difference is Israel has the capacity to actively defend itself which Hamas has not. People say Israel are the terrorists, why ? because an air strike indiscriminately kills innocent children...who are forced to stay in the same room as a militant who fires a rocket at Israel...which is spotted by an Israeli plane...which fires at the location to prevent more attacks...???? Hamas officials and millitants surround themselves with children and women and innocent men whilst they fire rockets. Perhaps Hamas should have focused more on improving medical, educational and public services instead of whittling away what money they had on illegal arms and armaments bought into the country through tunnels.

I am shocked how the media will relay a story about a tragic suicide bomb in an Afghan market as the work of a terrorist, whilst a rocket fired indiscriminately by a fundamentalist who believes in exactly the same dogma in Gaza is not, almost as if Hamas is some force for good.

Ahhh, how about for the cause of Oil? Oh Yeah, anytime.

Yea, she's going to fight for oil! LOL!!!!

;):tu:

Well, that is profilling, just the way you do.

If you were once badly bitten by a dog you aren't going to also avoid horses, hamsters, goats, sheep, zebras and rabbits because they too all have 4 legs and fur.