Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

120 reportedly killed in Israeli strikes on

__Kratos__

sigh.....again,

There was no state, no Israel, no Palestine, just a mandated region that was to be divided into 2 states in a similar way to Syria, Jordan and Lebanon were, and 60 years on they are still trying to get back to that.

Israel were not given anything but a bit of uranium by the west. Gaza is also cut off by Egypt, why don't you vent your fury at them ? They are egyptian after all.

How is Israel expanding ? It held Sanai, S.Lebanon, Gaza and the parts of the Jordan Valley that were Jordanian...now it doesn't. Thats the opposite of expanding its called land for peace but only works with proper peace partners.

In 1948 the area was called Palestine.

The British, under extreme pressure from Zionists in western government, announced their desire to terminate the mandate and withdraw by May 1948.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ufo Believer

• acidhead

• questionmark

• preacherman76

In 1948 the area was called Isreal by the United Nations.

The Egyptian view was forcefully changed via the war in the Sinai - the president of Egypt , Muhammad Anwar Al Sadat , who recognised the state of Israel through military pressure from Israel and pressure from the U.S.A was assassinated. All the Arab states do not recognise it. The main one was Iraq but they have already been taken care of , Iran next? the possibilities are endless. The U.S.A's view in the Middle East 'put up or shut up'. Who knows where the religious alliance of Israel and the U.S.A will take us to next.

Doomsday?

ME

No doubt.

The reason western governments support Israel is purely a religious decision disguised in sympathy.

Government decisions are supposed to be separate from decisions based upon religion.

Just look at all our leaders today---- they are all Christian, Catholic or Jewish... all of them!

When one studies the 1948 United Nations Partition Plan its clear that the plan was accomplished under pressure.

And without recognition of the surrounding Arab states. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Manda..._Partition_Plan

GAZA CITY - Israel's air force fired about 30 missiles at targets in the Gaza Strip on Saturday, destroying several Hamas police compounds and killing more than 120 people, according to witnesses and news reports.

Health Ministry official Moawiya Hassanain told the Associated Press at least 120 people were killed, a report echoed by Al Jazeera television, according to Reuters.

In one of the Hamas compounds, bodies of more than a dozen uniformed security officers were seen lying on the ground. One survivor raised his index finger in a show of Muslim faith, uttering a prayer.

The Israeli military confirmed they had conducted strikes, saying they targeted "terrorist infrastructure," Reuters reported.

Amid the chaos caused by the widespread attacks, plumes of black smoke rose over Gaza City, sirens wailed through the streets and women frantically looked for their children.

The strikes, which targeted police compounds throughout Gaza Strip, caused widespread panic.

TV footage showed bodies of more than a dozen black-clad security men lying on the ground in one area.

The attacks followed a decision by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's security cabinet to widen reprisals for cross-border Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel.

Scattered dead bodies

Television footage showed dead bodies scattered on a road and wounded and dead being carried away by distraught rescuers.

There was widespread damage to buildings.

A Reuters correspondent said Gaza City port and security installations of the Islamist Hamas group were badly damaged.

A six-month truce expired last week in Gaza.

More of the article here: Link

--------------------------------------------------

This is a hell of a response to their rockets.

I dont think its a hell of a response.

Israel has a right to protect its citizens. Intead of the tit-for-tat responses to terrorist attacks Israel should end it once and for all and wipe them off the face of the Earth.

Atom286: Exactly.

Edited by Ufo Believer

Israel has a right to protect its citizens. Intead of the tit-for-tat responses to terrorist attacks Israel should end it once and for all and wipe them off the face of the Earth.

Atom286: Exactly.

This is your view on sustaining humanity??? , Wipe them out? One other race (Nazi) had that view and you think Israel treating others like this is the answer?

Seriously how could you post such a sick reply.

ME

In 1948 the area was called Isreal by the United Nations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Manda..._Partition_Plan

On May 14 1948, the State of Israel declared itself as an independent nation, and was quickly recognized by the Soviet Union, the United States, and many other countries, but not by the surrounding Arab states.

You should bury your head for a comment like that.

My own views on Palestine (this is the country) is that the state of Israel are occupiers and still are , you need to see it objectively if in your back yard of your sovereign state someone else was ushered in against your will , would you be happy? Israel stems from so many positions geographically , Israel wasn't a state , but a community within Palestine before there exodus - so Israel is where exactly?. IMO if this was my homeland then resorting to fighting is what anyone would do like the Palestinians. Israel have not just pushed there borders to Palestine but also to Egypt and Syria - I can see why the surrounding states aren't happy , Palestinians are still being and have been persecuted , starved and cut off by the west due to Israel's ties with the U.S.A.

Now why didn't the U.S.A , who pushed the sanction of the Israeli state through the U.N, put them up in their own country - 1 whole state of the U.S.A sworn sovereign to the nation of Israel?

Why have nuclear facilities and technology been given to Israel by western governments - the one and only reason that Palestine is suffering is that Israel is expanding and people are dying is because of the wests want and need to control the Middle East.

ME

Palistinians had no problem with the Jews moving in. Leb, syria, Jordan, Iran ect ect, who have nothing to do with the place are the ones who had the problem.

Johnk81: This war has been going on for years now, and finnaly the Isrealis can get rid of the terrorist in the Gaza Strip, Hamas.

And while Isreal is at it maybe they can take out Lebanon for putting Hamas into Gov. power.

Edited by Ufo Believer

Do you denie that Hamas launches rockets AIMED at civilains (women, children included), everyday?

The Egyptian view was forcefully changed via the war in the Sinai - the president of Egypt , Muhammad Anwar Al Sadat , who recognised the state of Israel through military pressure from Israel and pressure from the U.S.A was assassinated. All the Arab states do not recognise it. The main one was Iraq but they have already been taken care of , Iran next? the possibilities are endless. The U.S.A's view in the Middle East 'put up or shut up'. Who knows where the religious alliance of Israel and the U.S.A will take us to next.

Doomsday?

ME

The Egyptian view was of course changed by the war in Sanai...they lost the Sanai. So the USA and Isreal militarily forced them to take it back and he got his comeuppance. Hhhmmmmm.

Iran next ? They arm and train fundamentalist nutjobs to attack Israel in a proxy war and they are the good guys ? When did Israel or the US attack Iran and when did Iran attack US or Isreali targets ? Think about it.

As for the rest...conspiracy section above.

Acidhead43: Sounds like from post #132 that the Arabs did have a problem with the Isrealis moving in.

Palistinians had no problem with the Jews moving in. Leb, syria, Jordan, Iran ect ect, who have nothing to do with the place are the ones who had the problem.

Moving in as a community yes but not a fully fledged state and sovereignty which was able to oppress , this happened later via funding and high level political and religious fanaticism from the United States.

ME

That is Hamas' charter and raison d'etre.

This is your view on sustaining humanity??? , Wipe them out? One other race (Nazi) had that view and you think Israel treating others like this is the answer?

Seriously how could you post such a sick reply.

ME

No, its his veiw on eliminating terrorist. Hamas has no problem tell everyone how they want every Jew there dead, and nothing is going to change his mind. As long as Hamas exists, there will be no peace. Just ask them, they tell it to everyone.

If Hamas wanted their land back whom they claim the Jews are occupying, then why don't they strap their boots on put on their uniforms and march into jewish held lands. This is how real men dealt with their differences throughout the centuries. Instead, they launch random rockets into civilian areas causing sporadic casualties. These people just feed off of blood and terrorism. So some of you are saying Israel should back off and give them some more land?? They will take that land and keep doing the same until they have destroyed the last Jew there. I think some of you are totally unrealistic in your sentiments for Hamas and the cancer within the palestinian population. I'm not talking about the palestinian people as a whole, I'm talking about these people who do nothing but cause hurt and pain for both sides. Hamas knows that Israel will eventually respond to their sporadic rocket attacks with overwhelming force, so why do they do it? It's not helping their people gain any land? In my opinion Israel is doing what any democratically elected state would do. Defend themselves and rid their country of an enemy that continues to terrorize their people. So they might as well not make the same mistake we made in Iraq and go 100%. The people who help to drag out war are the people who criticize nations for defending themselves and politicize everything. Finish the job Israel.

The Egyptian view was of course changed by the war in Sanai...they lost the Sanai. So the USA and Isreal militarily forced them to take it back and he got his comeuppance. Hhhmmmmm.

Iran next ? They arm and train fundamentalist nutjobs to attack Israel in a proxy war and they are the good guys ? When did Israel or the US attack Iran and when did Iran attack US or Isreali targets ? Think about it.

And think where state funded terrorism arose ........ oh yes United States funding , that got the ball rolling. The pre occupation of defeating communism had taken a different view when the U.S.S.R was broken and when the Taliban where mobilised and armoured by the U.S.A to do this in Afghanistan , so a new target was selected - the middle east and Islam.

ME

Yeah thats your foot in your mouth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Reza_Pahlavi

In the early 1950s, there was a political crisis centered in Iran that commanded the focused attention of British and American intelligence agencies. In 1951 Dr. Mossadegh came to office, committed to re-establishing democracy and constitutional monarchy, and to nationalizing the Iranian petroleum industry, which was controlled by the British. From the start he erroneously believed that the Americans, who had no interest in the Anglo-Iranian Oil company, would support his nationalization plan. He was buoyed by the American Ambassador, Henry Grady. However, during these events, the Americans supported the British, and, fearing that the Communists with the help of the Soviets were poised to overthrow the government, they decided to remove Mossadegh. Shortly before the 1952 presidential election in the US, the British government invited Kermit Roosevelt of the CIA to London and proposed they cooperate under the code name “Operation Ajax” to bring down Mossadegh from office.[3]

In 1951, under the leadership of the nationalist movement of Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh, the Iranian parliament unanimously voted to nationalize the oil industry. This shut out the immensely profitable Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), which was a pillar of Britain's economy and political clout in the region. A month after that vote, Mossadegh was named Prime Minister of Iran.

Under the direction of Kermit Roosevelt, Jr., a senior Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) officer and grandson of former U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt, the American CIA and British Secret Intelligence Service (SIS) funded and led a covert operation to depose Mossadegh with the help of military forces loyal to the Shah. This plan was known as Operation Ajax.[4] The plot hinged on orders signed by the Shah to dismiss Mossadegh as prime minister and replace him with General Fazlollah Zahedi, a choice agreed on by the British and Americans.

Markissluv: Because they would get themselves killed.

Edited by Ufo Believer

Moving in as a community yes but not a fully fledged state and sovereignty which was able to oppress , this happened later via funding and high level political and religious fanaticism from the United States.

ME

Yup! Its great some read history here.

If Hamas wanted their land back whom they claim the Jews are occupying, then why don't they strap their boots on put on their uniforms and march into jewish held lands. This is how real men dealt with their differences throughout the centuries. Instead, they launch random rockets into civilian areas causing sporadic casualties. These people just feed off of blood and terrorism. So some of you are saying Israel should back off and give them some more land?? They will take that land and keep doing the same until they have destroyed the last Jew there. I think some of you are totally unrealistic in your sentiments for Hamas and the cancer within the palestinian population. I'm not talking about the palestinian people as a whole, I'm talking about these people who do nothing but cause hurt and pain for both sides. Hamas knows that Israel will eventually respond to their sporadic rocket attacks with overwhelming force, so why do they do it? It's not helping their people gain any land? In my opinion Israel is doing what any democratically elected state would do. Defend themselves and rid their country of an enemy that continues to terrorize their people. So they might as well not make the same mistake we made in Iraq and go 100%. The people who help to drag out war are the people who criticize nations for defending themselves and politicize everything. Finish the job Israel.

Terrorism is the horror of existence its disgusting , I in no way have sentiments for any organisation such as this - Its the innocent people who get killed I want to see in peace.

And Israel being placed there was the reason for ALL these atrocities.

ME

No, its his veiw on eliminating terrorist. Hamas has no problem tell everyone how they want every Jew there dead, and nothing is going to change his mind. As long as Hamas exists, there will be no peace. Just ask them, they tell it to everyone.

The line goes: As long as Israel exists there will be no peace.

As long as Hamas lives there will be no peace. Get it right.

And think where state funded terrorism arose ........ oh yes United States funding , that got the ball rolling. The pre occupation of defeating communism had taken a different view when the U.S.S.R was broken and when the Taliban where mobilised and armoured by the U.S.A to do this in Afghanistan , so a new target was selected - the middle east and Islam.

ME

However nothing to do with Hezbollah and Hamas firing rockets from different countries into Israeli civilian areas and the israeli response which is the topic of this thread.

Maybe Israel are the bad guys, there is only one way to find out. Stop firing rockets, purposely blowing up school busses and discos and calling for the complete destruction of the land, agree a peace deal and see where it goes.