Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Night Visitors

CalmTides

Hi, I'm new here. Anyway, my cousin was telling me a story about these things, and I was wondering if anyone else has heard of things called the strange night visitors? i think they're supposed to be like ghosts or aliens or something.

No, can't say I've ever heard of them.

I just google searched it and found a couple links, but it seems a little shady, kind of like the BEK and the Grinning Man; probably a work of someones imagination.

Haven't really heard of it, maybe it's a newer version of the boogie man? I have heard of the 'Night Hag' or night hag syndrome. It's a feeling of paralysis and shortness of breath as if someone is sitting on your chest while you sleep. Some have said they had awaken to see an old hag hence the name.

Haven't really heard of it, maybe it's a newer version of the boogie man? I have heard of the 'Night Hag' or night hag syndrome. It's a feeling of paralysis and shortness of breath as if someone is sitting on your chest while you sleep. Some have said they had awaken to see an old hag hence the name.

That very thing has happened to me. I've had two experiences with Night Terrors, but the worst was when my kids were young and my brother in law and his family were sleeping over. I was sharing a room with my brother in law, and when I was asleep this incredible terror overcame me and I knew I was asleep and tried hard to wake up, and I was moaning and groaning in my sleep. I clearly remember waking up and opening my eyes and this thing, this old woman like thing with long talons for fingers and crazy white hair was a the foot of my bed all hunched over and cackling at me...that's when I was able to wake up, I jumped up out of bed in complete freak out mode. I asked Ken if I was making noise and he said I was carrying on a storm in my sleep but he figured I'd just get over it...what a jerk :P

It was an absolutely horrifying experience.

As for Night Visitors, I've never heard of them.

How do "Strange Night Visitors" differ from such well-attested (if not-yet-entirely proven) "bedroom visitant" phenomenon as "Old Hags" (not always male), "Shadow People" and "Hooded Ghosts"?

i think that called rape

Well Radio. According to my limited knowledge of them they try to contact you through email, regular mail, phone and demand entrance into a persons home.

ahh. I think these are the black eyed kids or whatever their called. With the pupil completely black. Because on the wiki page it has an archive of encounters and some are similar to the same encounters mentioned of the black eyed kids.

here are some "encounters" http://paranormalarchives.webs.com/stories.htm

they are very similar. You see a normal person asking to come in your house or vehicle when home alone. They make an excuse like I need to use the bathroom, or pick up money for the movies, or they were in a car accident. You get a sever sense of danger and refuse to let them in when you notice their pupils are all black. They keep begging then you make up an excuse and they disappear. Rumor is if you let them in you die. That is basically the accounts of incidents involving both "black eyed kids" and "Strange Night Visitors" if you want to look up more I suggest looking up black eyed kids way more stories and info on them.

In my opinion their just people overreacting, but who knows. And they all seem too well written.

Edited by HumanTorch

I just realized that in my Post No. 6, above, I spoke of "'Old Hags' (not always male)."

That was of course supposed to be "'Old Hags' (not always female)."

• 4 years later...

We call them potential burglars from where I am from, unless ofcourse you wake up in the morning and find the t.v and computer gone, then they are plain old burglars.

I've heard of stories where while people sleep, aliens sometimes visit them. Could that be an example of a night visitor?

There's a video of an alien visiting this person (I think it's a boy...?) while they sleep. I wish I could find it but I can't :( Hopefully I'll run into it sometime soon.

Buy a dog.