Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic Abilities?

QuEen_Of_DisCord

I just heard it from a friend, and i got curious.

i just want to learn how do you do it?

i don't know if i can do it

do you really have to see ghosts or feel them to learn?

well. as far as i remember, i seldom see them, :)

im very INTERESTED and very WILLING to learn from you. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Meiliken

• Mattshark

• Nuclear Science

Firstly , what are you referring to when you say `it' ?

If you are referring to telekinesis / aerokinesis . etc , it doesn't exist.

If you are referring to seeing ghost , people are usually born with that ability.

If you are referring to seeing ghost , people are usually born with that ability.

'

???

According to WHO?

QuEen_Of_DisCord, please let me guess your age:

Now, there's nothing wrong with being curious. Especially at your age. But understand that you simply don't have the experience yet to be able to examine this subject without being idealistic and naive. There is far too much misinformation out there, and you yet lack the skills to determine fact from fiction.

Now, as far as seeing spirits is concerned, I highly recommend against fooling around with that sort of stuff. We don't know what lies beyond, and it is very foolish to tamper with that which we do not understand. We don't really know exactly what ghosts are. We don't know if they are spirits of dead humans, or if they are an entity existing in a parallel dimension. We don't know their intentions, their capabilities, or their agenda. We don't know if any sense of morality applies to them. We don't know if they have a sense of pain or pleasure.

For every positive report there is of contacting spirits, there is a negative one. I have heard many terrifying experiences from people dabbling in this sort of stuff. Who knows how many of them are true, but that's not the point, because the same can be said for the positive stories.

Have fun with the limits of your imagination, and never underestimate what a human can do. But I highly recommend against trying to fool around with ghosts and spirits.

Now, there's nothing wrong with being curious. Especially at your age. But understand that you simply don't have the experience yet to be able to examine this subject without being idealistic and naive. There is far too much misinformation out there, and you yet lack the skills to determine fact from fiction.

Stopped reading after the condescending attitude and generalisations became too much in this paraphrase. :no: .

Stopped reading after the condescending attitude and generalisations became too much in this paraphrase. :no: .

Well, it's a good thing I wasn't addressing you then.

Why do children come on the internet and talk to adults as if they were their school yard chums? Do your parents ever correct you, or speak down to you? Or course they do. That is, if they love you. So consider for one moment that my goal isn't to just p*** all over this person, just like how your parents aren't just being jerks when they tell you not to play in the street.

The truth hurts, huh. :yes:

Anyways...

I have a real interest too. But from all the research ive ever come across, remote viewing is the only thing you MAY be able to LEARN.

The US government actually invested a little time and money into RV too, for a short period...*Que the know-it-alls*

For the most part though, I say BS.

I think humans may have a natural psychic ability like seen in animals, but we are either losing it due to the fact we really dont require it anymore or maybe its a gene of some sort.

MO...

According to some of my friends who can see ghosts.

The correction should be, some of your friends who BELIEVE they see ghosts. Big difference.

I just heard it from a friend, and i got curious.

i just want to learn how do you do it?

i don't know if i can do it

do you really have to see ghosts or feel them to learn?

well. as far as i remember, i seldom see them, :)

im very INTERESTED and very WILLING to learn from you. :)

i consider myself some what psychic, as well as empathic. my personal belief as to how you develop these abilities is that you must have an open mind, and a want for the gift. and no, in my opinion and from experience you dont need to have contact with a spirit to develop these abilities, though it can very well help

i consider myself some what psychic, as well as empathic. my personal belief as to how you develop these abilities is that you must have an open mind, and a want for the gift. and no, in my opinion and from experience you dont need to have contact with a spirit to develop these abilities, though it can very well help

But why can no one prove this in a lab?

A lot of it is based on misunderstanding. I suggest you look empathy as its real definition.

Well, it's a good thing I wasn't addressing you then.

Why do children come on the internet and talk to adults as if they were their school yard chums? Do your parents ever correct you, or speak down to you? Or course they do. That is, if they love you. So consider for one moment that my goal isn't to just p*** all over this person, just like how your parents aren't just being jerks when they tell you not to play in the street.

Personally, I was not insulted by that post, but the stereotypes used irritated me.

Double standards annoy me. Given this, "don't worry your silly little head" attitude I feel inclined to respond to the pejorative comments relating to my age group. It would be ridiculous of me to argue that those stereotypes aren't rooted in truth, but that's exactly what they are- stereotypes. I do not enjoy seeing teenagers derided for past actions, especially when I know there are those (like myself) who strive not to cause trouble, who try not to behave irrationally, and make a considerable effort to avoid reinforcing negative opinion. You can imagine how infuriating it is when despite actions to eliminate these stereotypes, I see people who write off any post they think non-worthy of an appropriate reply with a dismissive about age, without even consulting the resources available to them (if you had checked the OP's profile, you would see she is in fact fifteen. Not a big difference certainly, but not excusable considering how easy that was to find out).

Of course my parents correct me, as do my teachers and professors. I do not think you worded this one correctly though, because if you're trying to 'correct curiosity' (as demonstrated by the OP) your tone is offensive.

And, for the record, I hardly see how that justifies being condescending in the first place. You could apply that to any negative aspect of speech and say since it's used more widely, it is no longer offensive. Complete balderdash, the fact that a parent speaks down to a child does not justify it in any way.

Finally, I'd like to state that my goal was not to imply your post was entirely negative. I agree with it in most regards, the tone of which it is written should be less volatile, though.

Sometimes these "skills" develop spontaneously with no apparent reason, as happened with me when I was 31. Still don't have a reason why.

Sometimes these "skills" develop spontaneously with no apparent reason, as happened with me when I was 31. Still don't have a reason why.

But why can't anyone prove this in controlled conditions? No one wants to answer this.

Could you head to Leeds Uni and prove these abilities for example?

There are a few things I wanted to address but I'll keep this short as I can.

1. I was 7 when I began encountering/researching the paranormal. Being raised in a spiritualist community allowed me a lot of access to a lot of different veiws on such things. I do not see how someone's age is a valid negative. More young people should e so open minded.

2. Belief in something does not make it real anymore then disbelieving makes something false.

There are a lot of sources out there to study the things you have an interest in Queen, just take everything with a grain of salt and remember to trust your gut.

Yes some people are born with active abilities, other I beleive can learn to expand their mind enough to use those abilities they have in themselves as well. Don't let skeptics get you down, they don't mean to hurt, they just don't always have Tact.

Best of luck to you in your search.

But why can't anyone prove this in controlled conditions? No one wants to answer this.

Could you head to Leeds Uni and prove these abilities for example?

I suppose it could be possible to set up some controlled conditions to test this. What would satisfy you as proof?

I suppose it could be possible to set up some controlled conditions to test this. What would satisfy you as proof?

It is all I ask. You are the first person to ever respond.

You can contact them here: Leeds Uni Psych dept.

Edited by Mattshark

There are a few things I wanted to address but I'll keep this short as I can.

1. I was 7 when I began encountering/researching the paranormal. Being raised in a spiritualist community allowed me a lot of access to a lot of different veiws on such things. I do not see how someone's age is a valid negative. More young people should e so open minded.

2. Belief in something does not make it real anymore then disbelieving makes something false.

There are a lot of sources out there to study the things you have an interest in Queen, just take everything with a grain of salt and remember to trust your gut.

Yes some people are born with active abilities, other I beleive can learn to expand their mind enough to use those abilities they have in themselves as well. Don't let skeptics get you down, they don't mean to hurt, they just don't always have Tact.

Best of luck to you in your search.

Researching it since 7. Give me a break. Being raised in such a community is no difference then being raised in a strict religous one. Its all you know.So you just believe.

Not necessarily, Eric. In extreme isolated cases like the WBC you would be correct, but children will always be subject to outside influences. It's more than a matter of just "believing." Having a faith in whatever goes beyond that. I was raised by a very strict Protestant mother, but I still questioned and continued questioning, ending (and continuing) where I am today. Your comment made it sound as if the community were isolated... I am certain that's not the case, otherwise she wouldn't be using the Internet :P

She probably wasn't doing hardcore research at 7, but I don't doubt that she was influenced and deeply looked into it. I was that way with dinosaurs (still have a lot of those books too). There wasn't a reason to jump on her.

Not necessarily, Eric. In extreme isolated cases like the WBC you would be correct, but children will always be subject to outside influences. It's more than a matter of just "believing." Having a faith in whatever goes beyond that. I was raised by a very strict Protestant mother, but I still questioned and continued questioning, ending (and continuing) where I am today. Your comment made it sound as if the community were isolated... I am certain that's not the case, otherwise she wouldn't be using the Internet :P

She probably wasn't doing hardcore research at 7, but I don't doubt that she was influenced and deeply looked into it. I was that way with dinosaurs (still have a lot of those books too). There wasn't a reason to jump on her.

Not jumping, but after being on here for years. We get people making radom claims all the time. I can never remember one person baking up their claims. It gets real old.

Fair enough, haha. I definitely see your point.

It is all I ask. You are the first person to ever respond.

You can contact them here: Leeds Uni Psych dept.

I signed up and am waiting now although this is "psychology studies". Would that give you the kind of proof you are looking for?

I will let you know what happens if they contact me.

I signed up and am waiting now although this is "psychology studies". Would that give you the kind of proof you are looking for?

I will let you know what happens if they contact me.

Yep, that is all I have ever asked for.

Thank you.

Not jumping, but after being on here for years. We get people making radom claims all the time. I can never remember one person baking up their claims. It gets real old.

Well thanks for attacking me right off anyway. I suppose with all the BS posts it is natural not to stop and think that perhaps some people where raised with open minds and a desire to learn about such things. As for proof, what do you expect me to give you as proof for having been researching so many years?

I have always been respectful to you Eric, you and Matt and a couple other skeptics have always been a pleasure to converse with, just because I am new to THIS forumn does not mean I am new to everything. And I am highly insulted by your aggressive and rude post to and about me.

That sort of attitude is what makes such friction between skeptics and beleivers.

Well thanks for attacking me right off anyway. I suppose with all the BS posts it is natural not to stop and think that perhaps some people where raised with open minds and a desire to learn about such things. As for proof, what do you expect me to give you as proof for having been researching so many years?

I have always been respectful to you Eric, you and Matt and a couple other skeptics have always been a pleasure to converse with, just because I am new to THIS forumn does not mean I am new to everything. And I am highly insulted by your aggressive and rude post to and about me.

That sort of attitude is what makes such friction between skeptics and beleivers.

If you took it as rude, then sorry. I was just being honest. Friction comes from believers who claim abilities never willing to step up and prove them. Ohh, they are very quick to say how many and how good these supposed abilites are, but not willing to raise a finger to prove them. Check out all the posts from the psi kiddies claiming xmen powers and you will know what i am talking about. Here is a little Boo ya! To make your day better. :tu: