Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic Abilities?

QuEen_Of_DisCord

Speaking of stepping up, kudos to Aora for doing so.

Now, we're getting somewhere.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Meiliken

• Mattshark

• Nuclear Science

Exactly. :tu:

If you took it as rude, then sorry. I was just being honest. Friction comes from believers who claim abilities never willing to step up and prove them. Ohh, they are very quick to say how many and how good these supposed abilites are, but not willing to raise a finger to prove them. Check out all the posts from the psi kiddies claiming xmen powers and you will know what i am talking about. Here is a little Boo ya! To make your day better. :tu:

Heh, fastidious sceptics make me wince. Not to imply anything, but it's a measure of one's ignorance to be completely closed off to any theory relating to the paranormal, too.

Heh, fastidious sceptics make me wince. Not to imply anything, but it's a measure of one's ignorance to be completely closed off to any theory relating to the paranormal, too.

What, rather than blind belief? It is hypothesis btw not theory ;).

I know Aora and have no doubts as to her abilities for what it's worth.

I hope she can somehow provide the answers you guys are looking for and believe she will given the chance.

Thank you :)

What, rather than blind belief? It is hypothesis btw not theory ;).

Please quote where I stated mindlessly believing in every explanation is not ignorant. The polar opposites of both are very narrow minded.

Thanks, but I do not need you or anyone else to correct my word usage, unless the offending word is explicitly incorrect in that context. I was using theory in a more colloquial sense, where theory is synonymous with hypothesis. I realise the difference between a theory and a hypothesis, I simply did not feel the need to apply them correctly here.

'

???

According to WHO?

QuEen_Of_DisCord, please let me guess your age:

Now, there's nothing wrong with being curious. Especially at your age. But understand that you simply don't have the experience yet to be able to examine this subject without being idealistic and naive. There is far too much misinformation out there, and you yet lack the skills to determine fact from fiction.

Now, as far as seeing spirits is concerned, I highly recommend against fooling around with that sort of stuff. We don't know what lies beyond, and it is very foolish to tamper with that which we do not understand. We don't really know exactly what ghosts are. We don't know if they are spirits of dead humans, or if they are an entity existing in a parallel dimension. We don't know their intentions, their capabilities, or their agenda. We don't know if any sense of morality applies to them. We don't know if they have a sense of pain or pleasure.

For every positive report there is of contacting spirits, there is a negative one. I have heard many terrifying experiences from people dabbling in this sort of stuff. Who knows how many of them are true, but that's not the point, because the same can be said for the positive stories.

Have fun with the limits of your imagination, and never underestimate what a human can do. But I highly recommend against trying to fool around with ghosts and spirits.

Uh, so fact from fiction, how the heck do you know this about spirits, reliable evidence please.

Firstly , what are you referring to when you say `it' ?

If you are referring to seeing ghost , people are usually born with that ability.

is that possible for other people to learn? besides that psychic born?

"Psychic" is a broad term, but if you mean gifted in some odd way that seems to suggest a sixth sense, I can show you some cool stuff.

I predicted where hurricane Ike would make landfall, way ahead of time, using two separate maps. Alone this might not seem too interesting, but I also predicted with great accuracy, the credit crisis and stock market crash that immediately followed hurricane Ike's direct strike on Mission Control. The odds of getting one prediction is perplexing, but getting both right ... is a warning. For example, ["Card in the silver sleeve ..." = credit]

Here are the links ... Keep in mind that I don't claim to be "psychic," but it's about as close a description to what I can do that I usually find on here. I am a prophet of Almighty God, and he has sent me to ask for repentance on the earth, without which ... no flesh shall be saved alive.

http://www.marsroverblog.com/dyn/reply/70739/43

http://www.marsroverblog.com/dyn/reply/70739/44

http://forums.armageddononline.org/showpos...amp;postcount=3

http://forums.armageddononline.org/showpos...mp;postcount=22

http://forums.armageddononline.org/showpos...mp;postcount=19

If I fail to respond here and you are interested in talking to me, feel free to message me. I don't spend much time here, but am in and out of these boards, frequently.

The power of Heaven is REAL, and is here now.

Actually telekinesis and other things like it do exist, they are just other forms of energy and methods which some people are able to exact changes in, and other are not. Do not limit yourself or others.

Firstly , what are you referring to when you say `it' ?

If you are referring to telekinesis / aerokinesis . etc , it doesn't exist.

If you are referring to seeing ghost , people are usually born with that ability.

Prophet from god, yeah, get over yourself. Why don't you use your almighty powers for something more constructive than writing vague posts on message boards?

Edited by SkullofBears

So, I haven't signed on in a while, and I'm just going to throw down some napalm. Y'all are useless. Open minded skeptics, believers, cynics, nearly everyone. Someone asks a question, and within what, 2 posts it turns into the same philosophical discussion as EVERY other post in this forum. Useless probably, but at least the tone is much more friendly, so thank you to everyone for not heavily insulting those of different views for whatever ego aggrandizing etc motives one might have. alright, deep breath and sorry about the rant.

Speaking of which, so as someone mentioned, you're young and might easily get some wrong things stuck in your head in a bad way or fall into something deeper than you meant to so my first piece of advise:go slow. Don't try to resurrect the dead, just begin with some regular things like meditation. Exercise regularly, a healthy body makes a healthy mind, and maybe one day that healthy mind will be doing all sorts of impossible things. Sound boring and not like the exciting quick fix of "count from 5 to 1 and then say 'move' backwards and anything will move" (just an example)? Well, anything good in life takes a little work to get or maintain, so you might as well get started today.

Secondly, introspection is very important for any metaphysical or psychical activity, so get started! Why do you want to start practicing whatever it is you are imagining you might do? I could list possible reasons, but I suspect being honest with yourself will be harder than figuring out what possible motivations there are. The better you know why your interested in something, the healthier the journey will be.

Third, allow yourself to experience life without labeling every passing emotion, feeling or event. Pay attention, don't just forget everything, but don't insist that something is either all in your head or some kind of psychic manifestation. On the same note, if we fast forward and you really begin to get into the psychic world, work to make sure that even if everything you do would have the maximum amount of unintended and undesired side effects you would still be proud of your actions (aka be ethical.) Whether or not hocus pocus is real, your motivations, intentions and diligence are.

Once all this is in place and you've been meditating regularly for a little while (every day for 10 minutes for a month maybe), some basic exercises such as holding a visualization of an object of your choosing will help you on your way to wherever it is you're going. If you are sitting there a couple months from now and have followed this approximately, post again! I'd give some meditation info, but I couldn't really give a great description. googleing zen meditation will probably give you a solid and simple starting point. I hope this is the answer you needed, if not the one you were looking for. be well. :)

I just lol'd.

So did my cat.

Glad to see my post has done some good already then!

I just heard it from a friend, and i got curious.

i just want to learn how do you do it?

i don't know if i can do it

do you really have to see ghosts or feel them to learn?

well. as far as i remember, i seldom see them, :)

im very INTERESTED and very WILLING to learn from you. :)

Well, my theory is that psychic abilities come from watching anime. The more anime you watch, the greater your power becomes. And the more you post about it on forums, the more real it feels.

Well, my theory is that psychic abilities come from watching anime. The more anime you watch, the greater your power becomes. And the more you post about it on forums, the more real it feels.

obviously...shall we say tongue in cheek, but there's actually a real insight here that is especially noteworthy for many people on this forum. The more you see, read about, think about something (anything, as far as I know), the more confident we become in our views on it. The kicker is that our confidence level grows far bigger, faster than our actual knowledge or ability. This is one of numerous good reasons for keeping your ego in check, and reminding yourself that your perception of reality is always incomplete and skewed. Not really the thread for this factoid, but when inspiration knocks...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna reply to the person who started this post and ignore all other bs I see floating around where believers and skeptics need to pick at each other. :)

I wasn't rasied to believe in ghosts, nor were my parents. They believed you lived, you died and you went to either heaven or hell, there was no in between.

That didn't stop me from seeing people no one else seemed to be able to see. Didn't stop me from hearing people talking at night, searching my house for a tv left on or my parents awake and chatting in bed to find neither were the sourse of the people I heard talking.

Didn't stop me from standing at the bottom of the steps at a house I babysat waiting as I heard the kid I had just put to bed make his way down the steps, turn the corner to confront him only to find no one there.

I didn't seek it. I wasn't raised with it, but I had to experience it and the only way to handle either my growing insanity and hallucinations or this other something else was to study. I have spent almost 15 years learning everything I can, understanding, studying, listening from every perspective possible to understand what could/what was going on.

I am biased. I was raised in a religious environment so my first research was to explore the unexplained. Ghosts, spirits and the like from my religion and others. After awhile I grew tired of being laughed at by skeptics and started looking at the science and the psychological. That too began to wear me down.

In the end, most will never have a paranormal experience because they just wont be searching for it, same with psychic abilities.

IF however, you wish to explore psychic abilites and how to experience/talk to spirits, your first step is asking yourself, what exactly are you looking for from them?

When you know for sure the answer to that question, the next step is what side of it do you want to know? Can psychic abilities be developed or do you have to be born with it? Is there a set of instructions on how to do so?

Yes, I'm sure there are but I do not know them, I taught myself on my own to grow whatever it was that let me see/hear/speak to those who have died but have remained here.

Personally, from my own experience, I believe we have the ability to tune into our environment. We are no different than the energy that surrounds us, we posses energy as well and that energy can be expanded to tap in or withdraw to protect ones self. It's science, and it's personal belief. Look at monks who meditate. They control their bodies, their minds, and in their belief their souls. I learned to do the same. Sat for hours just being quiet. I listened for nothing and everything. In time I was able to hear clearer, see clearer and I believe understand more clearly why I have experiences as I do and what to learn from them :).

I no longer have a particular religion but I have come to be a spiritual person. This of course makes me far more prone to believe in ghosts and the likes :) than someone who would take a scientific approach but that's my choice and I'm comfortable with it :).

Keep doing your research, learn what you can and trust your instincts. :)

• 1 month later...
Well, it's a good thing I wasn't addressing you then.

Why do children come on the internet and talk to adults as if they were their school yard chums? Do your parents ever correct you, or speak down to you? Or course they do. That is, if they love you. So consider for one moment that my goal isn't to just p*** all over this person, just like how your parents aren't just being jerks when they tell you not to play in the street.

That particular statement sounds like you think you're always going to be right. That sounds a bit egotistical, but I know where you're coming from. Most parents think they are always right. Parents are there to teach, but learning goes both ways.

Personally, I was not insulted by that post, but the stereotypes used irritated me.

Double standards annoy me. Given this, "don't worry your silly little head" attitude I feel inclined to respond to the pejorative comments relating to my age group. It would be ridiculous of me to argue that those stereotypes aren't rooted in truth, but that's exactly what they are- stereotypes. I do not enjoy seeing teenagers derided for past actions, especially when I know there are those (like myself) who strive not to cause trouble, who try not to behave irrationally, and make a considerable effort to avoid reinforcing negative opinion. You can imagine how infuriating it is when despite actions to eliminate these stereotypes, I see people who write off any post they think non-worthy of an appropriate reply with a dismissive about age, without even consulting the resources available to them (if you had checked the OP's profile, you would see she is in fact fifteen. Not a big difference certainly, but not excusable considering how easy that was to find out).

Of course my parents correct me, as do my teachers and professors. I do not think you worded this one correctly though, because if you're trying to 'correct curiosity' (as demonstrated by the OP) your tone is offensive.

And, for the record, I hardly see how that justifies being condescending in the first place. You could apply that to any negative aspect of speech and say since it's used more widely, it is no longer offensive. Complete balderdash, the fact that a parent speaks down to a child does not justify it in any way.

Finally, I'd like to state that my goal was not to imply your post was entirely negative. I agree with it in most regards, the tone of which it is written should be less volatile, though.

Bravo, well said. You've shown wisdom beyond what most people gain in a lifetime.

Edited by Meiliken

I've always wondered why people who "don't" believe in psychic abilities, insist on posting imflammatory remarks when others simply ask about information. I've pretty much determined that these people, while being intelligent, have a severe disorder that causes them outside pain. Because of this, they deign to cause this to others in order to make themselves feel better. So really, when people who have nothing to offer but insults and demeaning comments, ignore them. They're a parasite that feeds off others. Without attention, they will go away eventually.

It is all I ask. You are the first person to ever respond.

You can contact them here: Leeds Uni Psych dept.

Doesn't help if you're not living in the UK. Most people can't take time off to go traveling to another country.

Not jumping, but after being on here for years. We get people making radom claims all the time. I can never remember one person baking up their claims. It gets real old.

Sorry but that doesn't justify being negative constantly. Someone who does that, shows themselves to be egotistical. Usually, the way people are online, is a reflection of who they are offline.