Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The little people of Iceland

UM-Bot

iceland.jpg
Paul Dale Roberts: I have never been to Iceland, but I have flown over this beautiful country on my way to England. I have always wondered why so many people of this country believe that there are little people living on their island. In Hafnarfjordur, Iceland, road workers are weary of blasting out any kind of foundation for a roadbed. They are honestly scared they may disturb the little folks.

With boiling geysers, wind-blasted precipices, frozen barrens and razor-sharp lava rock, this is not what hinders construction workers. They are actually more concerned about the dwelling places of the little people.

Why are Icelanders so adamant that their land is inhabited by Iceland elves? Why would they go through the process of re-routing roads to avoid the lairs of these little creatures?

There was one time that they were laying down the foundation for their first shopping mall and the people were very concerned that the electrical cables and underground installations may disrupt the abodes of gnomes and fairies.

Icelanders believe that the land is populated with elves, gnomes, trolls, light-fairies, lovelings and a unique species called "huldufolk," or hidden people. It is rumored that at one time, some of the little people were known to steal children. The tales of little people go back to the late ninth century AD when the Vikings of Norway and some Gaels from the British islands came to settle this land.

Some Icelanders theorize that these elementals may be inhabiting the same space of Iceland, but on a parallel dimension. They are able to step from their world into our world via a gateway between dimensions. It appears that the little people do not seek out any harm with humans and have been known to invite humans to their cliff dwellings for pancakes.

We can look at this as people with over active imaginations, but I find it odd that the little people of Iceland were once known to steal children. How similar those stories are to stories told by alien abductees who claim that they were impregnated on a UFO vessel and later the fetus is removed. The alien abductee’s doctors are baffled and claim the phenomenon as a false pregnancy.

So are UFOs seen in Iceland? The answer is yes. UFOs are seen all over Iceland and around the Arctic. On March 29, 2003 in Lyngdalsheidi, a man takes a picture of 2 snow mobiles moving away from him. When the photo is developed there is a clear picture of a UFO in the sky near the snow mobiles. There are stories that Icelanders will place food out for the small creatures of the glaciers, especially the Snaefellsjokull glacier. They describe the little people as having gray skin. Here is a direct connection for little people and the infamous ‘grays’.

A naval source recently in Iceland witnessed 3 large UFOs over Iceland, while Icelandic fisherman describe UFOs coming in and out of the surrounding waters.

Many UFO sightings are centered in the Langeness Fjord area of Iceland and of course there are many sightings by pilots of Icelandic Airlines.

What I believe is that there is a UFO base near and around the landscape of Iceland and it probably has been there since the beginning of time. This is why there are so many stories about little people inhabiting this island. Iceland is a hotbed of UFO activity and little people are actually aliens that Icelanders are seeing.

When people see fairy circles, are they actually UFO landing spots? When people say that they encounter a fairy, sometimes the fairy will point a wand and they will be temporarily paralyzed. Would this actually be an immobilizing weapon used by the Grays? There are too many similarities between Grays and the little people of Iceland. I believe the Grays and the little people of Iceland are one and the same. But, that is my opinion.

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI General Manager, Paranormal Investigator & Ghostwriter
Haunted and Paranormal Investigations International
www.HPI.paranormal.net
www.ghostgirls.net
www.nancybradley.org
www.jazmaonline.com
Staff Writer - Alien Seeker News - http://www.alienseekernews.com/
http://www.shannonmccabe.com/Conversations...rialkiller.html
(See Paul & Shannon on TV Show 'Conversation w/a Serial Killer at link above)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Dale_Roberts
WPRT Paranormal Radio - Content Editor
Email: JazmaPika@cs.com
Paranormal Cellular Hotline: 916 203 7503 (for comments on this story).

If you have a possible investigation call: 1-888-709-4HPI

Copyright © 2008 Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Ghostwriter Copyright © 2008 all rights reserved.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• emberlake

• UM-Bot

• flash89

• louis_last

just read the title...thought you ment the people of iceland...the shop then...would of been funny

Virtually all of the European cultures had some form of "Little People" in their legends. The icelanders came from Europe originally, and brought their belief systems with them.

Just a part of primitive man trying to explain their world.

Originally I thought this article quite a fun subject to discuss. I was amused at Mr. Roberts little People of Iceland/ufo connection <b>until</b> I discovered that in the original article he used a hoax picture as part of the presentation for credibility of his theory... or that's the way I saw it because why else would he post the picture with the article with a slight disclaimer underneath?

Click for article & picture on alien seekers news website: Little People Of Iceland

(the above site no longer exists, but the closest I can find that seems related is here: The Little People of Iceland. -Para, UM Mod)

<_<

I'll be more careful next time...

Edited by Paranormalcy
edited link by request

• 1 year later...

(the above site no longer exists, but the closest I can find that seems related is here: The Little People of Iceland. -Para, UM Mod)

Para, UM Mod, Thanks for helping with the link. I appreciate it! :wub:

The fake picture is gone from the article/website. I guess they decided it wasn't a good idea to have it posted with the article after all.

Edited by emberlake

maybe some of those "hobits" got there. you know the ones we now have skeletons for. which i think is the bases for all of the little peoples myths in all of the cultures. since it seems they really did do everything that the myths said they did, except maybe the shoes. true some of the things they only did once but they did do them.