Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone know of...

Undeadskeptic

Hey yall,

When I was a kid my grandad had a Win95 with the program Microsoft Dangerous Creatures on it. The program had articles on every type of animal and one page was about mysterious monsters. Anyway, on that page there was a short video you could watch which had two sequences from different old films on it on it.

1) A black and white clip of a man in a coat and top hat running away from an evil bird, which eventually caught him and tore his throat out.

2) A giant lizard monster attacking a mine (?). You could only see the lizards head. A man got a spade, ran up to the creature, and shoved the spade up the roof of it's mouth. The spande came out the top of the monsters head.

If you know these movies, please tell me what they are! They triggered my fascination in mysterious beasts.

(Also, when I was a kid I saw this creepy short film in which a troll-doll came to life and broke plates and got onto a pool table and killed a man and a woman. It really scarred me. If you know what the hell that movie was, I'd be grateful.)

- UDS

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Undeadskeptic

• The Waterboy

• newbloodmoon

• Dakotabre

The first one might be from The Birds.

Edited by Swim4lyfe

The first one might be from The Birds[/u.

I thought so too, but I've seen The Birds and that scene is not in it. The creature in the clip was sort of like an Archeaopteryx.

oo, I dunno dude. The last film about the doll might've been Child's Play.

Edited by Swim4lyfe

Or the Troll Doll movie could be Stephen King's Cats Eye or Eyes - It had a little troll in that movie.

On that note, maybe Pet Sematary as well.

Now you got me curious about those movies as well.

AH, the confusion of not knowing what the movies were that scarred my childhood! :lol:

I've seen Pet Semetary, not as good as the book it's based on, but the CDats Eyes one I haven't seen, so that might be it.

The giant lizard thing is the one I'm most intrigued by.

2) A giant lizard monster attacking a mine (?). You could only see the lizards head. A man got a spade, ran up to the creature, and shoved the spade up the roof of it's mouth. The spande came out the top of the monsters head.

Hmmm...

Journey to the Center of the Earth?

Your first movie might be "The Vulture". An old late-night classic. The second one is a mystery. Hope this helps!

Your first movie might be "The Vulture". An old late-night classic. The second one is a mystery. Hope this helps!

I think that might just be it, thank you!

I think that might just be it, thank you!

The one about the Dolls, could be the Puppet Master series?

The one about the Dolls, could be the Puppet Master series?

Haven't seen them, what are they about?

Haven't seen them, what are they about?

Basically these movies are about dolls that come to life and then kill people. I surprised you have never seen them I am not a horror buff by any means and I think I have probably seen all of them. Even liked a few of em. Check them out I bet you will like them.

Basically these movies are about dolls that come to life and then kill people. I surprised you have never seen them I am not a horror buff by any means and I think I have probably seen all of them. Even liked a few of em. Check them out I bet you will like them.

Sound entertaining, okay I'll look 'em up :) Thanks!

"Troll" here

Sadly no. It was a troll doll like this:

linked-image

You should check out IMDB-(Internet Movie Database).

If your looking for a movie go to the message boards and go into "I need to know" section and then ask away.

I have found more than a few movie from my childhood with only a few details. It is an awesome website for movies.

I hope this helps. Lots of luck!!