Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

few things i found about the jews

the-Unexpected-Soul

"secular" and Israel do not even belong in the same paragraph. The above is wildly untrue.

A friend said we are both half-right/ half-wrong Ninja

I just asked an Israeli on another forum, I'm on.

He replied that Israel is a secular democracy, but that judaism is privileged-and there is bit of tension of sorts between (and ultra) Orthodox-Jewry, liberal Jewry, Secular Jewry.

Whatever that means.

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moon Monkey

• Noteaph

• Guru2

• momentarylapseofreason

Have we ever seen massive protests against violent street gangs in our own country? After all, they are responsible for the majority of the crimes in the US.

I haven't lived here for the last 15 years, so I can't dispute that.

Did anyone ever protest against the Mafia or KKK ?

But at least people protested against AIG bonuses and the Iraq war. :tu:

As far as I'm concerned we don't protest enough-but for the those that are able or have the means, working to solve a problem is even better.

Everything starts with a thought- and knowledge is power.

Here was the Muslim members solution/suggestion on this thread :" i think then hamas should send 1000 rocket blowing Israel up , so they learn that invading gaza is a bad idea " :tu:

Being a woman I have no sympathy for the Islamic mindset-I can't respect anything that would take all my rights away, because some ancient guy suggested it. Should I respect the hand that would strike me if I didn't obey/agree ?

I haven't lived here for the last 15 years, so I can't dispute that.

Did anyone ever protest against the Mafia or KKK ?

But at least people protested against AIG bonuses and the Iraq war. :tu:

A few people do protest the KKK around here, but the KKK rallies draw so few people that there isn't much point.

I would venture to say that it's the same way with fundamental Muslims. There are so few of them compared to the amount of Muslims in the world, although they are the ones that make the news, that it isn't worth the trouble for the most part. It's the same way with the fundy Christian preacher that invades funeral services...the majority of Christians don't like him but they have lives to live and families to support so they don't go out of their way to protest against him when he comes to town.

You are all for gays having equal rights. but I'll bet you've never marched in a gay pride parade. I have...two of them. Have you ever handed out petitions to help get them equal rights? I have.

Bottom line...apathy doesn't = acceptance.

A friend said we are both half-right/ half-wrong Ninja

I just asked an Israeli on another forum, I'm on.

He replied that Israel is a secular democracy, but that judaism is privileged-and there is bit of tension of sorts between (and ultra) Orthodox-Jewry, liberal Jewry, Secular Jewry.

Whatever that means.

It means they are extremely different as like with orthodox Judaism they live by religion and Talmud and secular Judaism can encompass religion and or culture that doesn't have to involve religion and at times they but heads. It is hard to explain because Jewish encompasses not only religion but culture.

It means they are extremely different as like with orthodox Judaism they live by religion and Talmud and secular Judaism can encompass religion and or culture that doesn't have to involve religion and at times they but heads. It is hard to explain because Jewish encompasses not only religion but culture.

That seems to be the case.

A few people do protest the KKK around here, but the KKK rallies draw so few people that there isn't much point.

I would venture to say that it's the same way with fundamental Muslims. There are so few of them compared to the amount of Muslims in the world, although they are the ones that make the news, that it isn't worth the trouble for the most part. It's the same way with the fundy Christian preacher that invades funeral services...the majority of Christians don't like him but they have lives to live and families to support so they don't go out of their way to protest against him when he comes to town.

You are all for gays having equal rights. but I'll bet you've never marched in a gay pride parade. I have...two of them. Have you ever handed out petitions to help get them equal rights? I have.

Bottom line...apathy doesn't = acceptance.

What's that ugly thing growing out of your neck ?

Oh it's only your head, keeping watch out for MLOR :rolleyes:

It's amusing how you chose to ignore this post by another forum member but chose to disagree again, with what I post. How predictable !

" i think then hamas should send 1000 rocket blowing Israel up , so they learn that invading gaza is a bad idea "

Well aren't you special. You are right I never have marched in a gay parade and neither have my gay friends (as far as i know).

Are you sure your not gay ? Because you keep stalking me :wub:

Honey, 20% of Muslims are extremist- out of 1.5 billion-

Is that a small number-no need to worry right ?

Should I feel apathy or acceptance when I watch the video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWzbWInnGx0...feature=related

What's that ugly thing growing out of your neck ?

Oh it's only your head, keeping watch out for MLOR :rolleyes:

It's amusing how you chose to ignore this post by another forum member but chose to disagree again, with what I post. How predictable !

" i think then hamas should send 1000 rocket blowing Israel up , so they learn that invading gaza is a bad idea "

You are right I never have marched in a gay parade and neither have my gay friends (as far as i know).

Are you sure your not gay ? Because you keep stalking me :wub:

Honey, 20% of Muslims are extremist-I dare to say out of 1.5 billion-that is not a small number-no need to worry right ?

Sorry I can't think of an insult stupid enough for you. Maybe next time .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWzbWInnGx0...feature=related

What drug are you on or should you be on one you aren't? You asked me a question and I politely answered it. You're going off the deep end girl.

What drug are you on or should you be on one you aren't? You asked me a question and I politely answered it. You're going off the deep end girl.

Bottom line............apathy doesn't equal =acceptance ?

What should people accept ?

Bottom line............apathy doesn't equal =acceptance ?

What should people accept ?

I should accept that you're too irrational to have a decent conversation with.

Edited by Michelle

A cat fight. :)

Israel itself, by the way it's laws and the government are structured is secular. You won't find anything like the Sharia in the Israeli law, and neither will you find much favoritism since most judges and people in high-ranking positions are secular. (The Ultra-Orthodox Jews, also called Haredim, refuse to work and participate in the economy and would rather have 5-10 kids and then live on the benefits)

Part of the population being religious does not mean that the country itself is religious as well, just like in the US most are religious but the laws and constitution is secular.

The one thing I would suggest everyone do in this thread before again posting, even those in favor of Israel, is read a bit more about it from unbiased sources. The things some of you write make me cringe, as I living in Israel know full-well that they are not true.

And to anyone having doubts, I'd suggest they live in Pakistan for a year, and then in Israel. After that, you'll see exactly what the difference is between a secular and a religious country.

I should accept that you're too irrational to have a decent converation with.

You are most certainly welcome to accept my gift of being too irrational to converse with-you would do me tremendous favor, by holding that thought.

Everyone is entitled to be irrational-but you seem to abuse that privilege.

Israel itself, by the way it's laws and the government are structured is secular. You won't find anything like the Sharia in the Israeli law, and neither will you find much favoritism since most judges and people in high-ranking positions are secular. (The Ultra-Orthodox Jews, also called Haredim, refuse to work and participate in the economy and would rather have 5-10 kids and then live on the benefits)

Part of the population being religious does not mean that the country itself is religious as well, just like in the US most are religious but the laws and constitution is secular.

The one thing I would suggest everyone do in this thread before again posting, even those in favor of Israel, is read a bit more about it from unbiased sources. The things some of you write make me cringe, as I living in Israel know full-well that they are not true.

And to anyone having doubts, I'd suggest they live in Pakistan for a year, and then in Israel. After that, you'll see exactly what the difference is between a secular and a religious country.

I understand Israelis more than you know. My best friends (a family that practically adopted me about thirty years ago, although they are Catholic) are from Israel and still have family that live there. I worked with them for twenty years and had the opportunity to ask any question I might have about the region.

Edited by Michelle

It was ninja dude that said Israel and Secular don't belong in the same sentence or something to that order.

By the way, thanks for sharing this.

I would assume you to know what you speak of/post, since you live there.

She just thinks you should be blown up. :huh:

She just thinks you should be blown up. :huh:

Me and Israel, I'm sure :yes:

Everyone should be allowed to dream

linked-image

Launching 1000 rockets at a country which everybody seems to tactitly agree has stockpiled nuclear weapons is probably not the world's brightest idea.