Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorist support surges in Europe

Repoman

In WW2 what would have been YOUR strategy for stopping the Nazis while not hurting "moderate" Nazis?

I think the point is that you are relating an entire worldwide religion full of people who mostly want nothing to do with the extremists that are the problem that we are dealing with... to Nazis; a specific group of people thats entire goal was to target and kill jews and take over the world.

Hence the apples and oranges comment. Two completely different things.

It seems like you cant seem to mentally process the difference. It is interesting to see. Not surprising.

It kinda seems like you are not very exposed to muslims...you have that muslims=terrorist vibe coming off you, which you might very well believe I dont know.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Repoman

• The Silver Thong

• mambo132

• itsnotoutthere

We can't just throw all Muslims into one catagory and say well thats that problem solved. We have to work with the moderate Muslims and support them in there struggel with the extremists that tarnish them as a whole. Might sound left wing to you but what other option is there.

There's no such thing as "moderate" Muslims.

These "moderate" Muslims you speak of are either non-practicing Muslims (I.E. in name only) or ignorant Muslims who don't know the truth about their religion.

These "moderate" Muslims you speak of are either non-practicing Muslims (I.E. in name only) or ignorant Muslims who don't know the truth about their religion.

Please... enlighten us with "the truth about their religion". Then enlighten us with the "truth" about the Christian and Jewish religions as well, because I see absolutely no difference in their teachings at all. The Torah, Bible, and Qu'ran all contain statements where murder is acceptable in certain circumstances - any fanatic from any religion can pick out the appropriate religious entry and use it to defend their murderous intent.

Comment of the year.

Do you really think that? I mean, do you truly honestly really absolutely genuinely 100% believe that to be in any teeny tiny way a reflection of the truth?

Your name seems appropriately apt!! Please enlighten us, what is the truth of their religion...... May I remind you that if moderate Muslims say they do not support terrorism and that to them objection to violence represents the attitude of islam, surely then - that is the attitude of Islam>? They would argue that the fundamentalists would be irrepresentative of their religion, somehow you seem to have found a flipside to this argument.

If you were planning on throwing Koranic scripture this way may I just say that scripture is picked and dropped according to whim, emphasised in places by individual preachers. Drawing out random passages from the bible to prove a skewed argument does not help anyones case. It helps arouse emotional motivation, which can be used to great effect by a skilled manipulator, but it cannot be used to academically prove an argument.

maybe it would help if some realized how Jews actually view christians . Israel puts up with Christianity because America dumps tons of money in the area. It isn't a 'ally' like we think it is. basically we are getting used because the bulk of Americans are christian and think they have some sort of claim to the land as well - well Jews don't feel that way either. If there were no muslims for Jews to be wary of christians would find their rears booted out . My greatgrandmother was Jewish which by birth makes me one. I have never practiced , but I do have family that does and that has family in Israel. Christians are seen as an irritant but working towards the goal of their savior coming back. Jews don't believe this , but one of the pluses for them is watching the eventual rebuild of the temple because of it . Just as christians kiss rear because they believe Jesus is coming back and Jerusalem is the place . If it wasn't for those 2 beliefs neither would be giving a rats A_ _ about the other right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ek5G6337yU

14 CHRISTIANS ATTACKED JEWS AND A MUSLIM FOR HELPING THEM

If Americans Knew What Israel Is Doing!

So, Sheikh Ibrahim Gabr from the Islamic Center of the Argentine Republic must be a non-practicing Muslim acording to your point of view, has he is not doing what you think a "true" muslim do. In fact, he do the contrary, reuniting with other religious leaders to foment understanding.

So, what is he?

You cannot know the thinking of an entire group of people, simply because you know a few or know OF a few, whether they be Jewish, Muslim, Christian, black, white, brown, gay or straight.

It seems simple. Hamas is a terror group and they fire rockets into Israel daily.

And I love your Sig. I have been down the rifle sights and I still wanted to kill the enemy.

If all Americans were pacifist there would be no America.

Therefore, pacifists tacitly support the undoing of America (or else they are too damn ignorant to understand that without a military America would not exist).

And if you think it is OK to be a pacifist because you are just one person and your pacifism won't hurt then I am assuming you don't vote either.

Support our ally Israel in its struggle against murdering terrorists.

Absolutely true. And any person living in Israel has the right to bring charges against the offender in court.

Hello Repo we have never crossed paths before but Ive had a read of your posts and there are one or two things I would like to bring up.

Bolding mine:

1: These 'pacifists' you speak of Im sure there are many within the U.S.A who see the global view on any kind of violence across the globe as unnecessary , also many who have seen 'down the gun sight' as you put it also see things the same way , being a soldier doesn't just make you see how bad enemies are but also how pointless some wars are , as I am sure you know war isn't pretty or anything like a computer game , and many innocent women , children and hard working men die for something they have no control over and no views of , Its bad enough these people starve and try to get through life for their families and children - then BOOM! someone they didnt even know completely changed their existence , with that someone at the controls cheering without seeing what they have done.

2: I am an absolute pacifist , there is no need for violence unless in extreme cases , and guess what I voted here in the U.K for the party I now despise so my lack of judgement makes my voting alot more concise nowadays (if there's ever a general election again!) , so grouping people because they do not like the big booms and gun toting is wrong.

3:Through progressive terror Israel did become the nation it is today , do you believe the world community cared too much when the slow shrinking of Palestine was happening under their noses? , no because many 'phantom' attacks take place in war , it perpetuates the goal of the oppressor.

4: Just to add any 'anti - Israel' supporters you speak of as being terror supporters would like you to see how many innocent people die , There is no over hatred of Israelites just the hatred of those in charge thinking 1 = 100 in casualties. You need to place the views into perspective if any family is torn apart its not so wrenching to see it on a t.v , but put yourself in the place of one of those families - THAT is what people want to stop happening , ON BOTH SIDES.

Their is nothing wrong with diplomacy its about listening , but you need to stop the bombs to hear what the other side has to say

ME

In WW2 what would have been YOUR strategy for stopping the Nazis while not hurting "moderate" Nazis?

Ok so Nazi = Germany correct?

What does Islam or Muslim = ?

With this post I think I can get away with calling you an, EXTREMIST ! LOL

Funny guy you are :rolleyes:

You cannot know the thinking of an entire group of people, simply because you know a few or know OF a few, whether they be Jewish, Muslim, Christian, black, white, brown, gay or straight.

Possibly the most sensible comment I have ever seen on the internet!

I think the point is that you are relating an entire worldwide religion full of people who mostly want nothing to do with the extremists that are the problem that we are dealing with... to Nazis; a specific group of people thats entire goal was to target and kill jews and take over the world.

You could say the same thing about Germans. I'm sure there were many Germans who didn't agree with the Nazis. But how would you have seperated them from the Nazi hardliners?

And again, where is the vaaaaaaast out cry of "peaceful" muslims condeming the supposedly mere handful of extremists? I can't hear a thing.

So yes, maybe I am condeming a whole religion. So be it until I see otherwise.

Please... enlighten us with "the truth about their religion". Then enlighten us with the "truth" about the Christian and Jewish religions as well, because I see absolutely no difference in their teachings at all. The Torah, Bible, and Qu'ran all contain statements where murder is acceptable in certain circumstances - any fanatic from any religion can pick out the appropriate religious entry and use it to defend their murderous intent.

Once again, you're defending Islam by attacking [certain parts of] Christianity and Judaism.

I've never said Christianity or Judaism were good, all I said was that Islam wasn't.

May I remind you that if moderate Muslims say they do not support terrorism and that to them objection to violence represents the attitude of islam, surely then - that is the attitude of Islam?

I'm going to go ahead and tell you that just because someone says they're a Muslim, doesn't mean they are.

They would argue that the fundamentalists would be irrepresentative of their religion

I never said anything about "fundamentalists". I judge Islam by Muhammad, the Quran, the Sira and the Hadith, not by it's followers.

If you were planning on throwing Koranic scripture this way may I just say that scripture is picked and dropped according to whim, emphasised in places by individual preachers.

What preachers?

Like I said, I don't judge Islam by its followers.

Edited by Pseudo-Intellectual

Once again, you're defending Islam by attacking [certain parts of] Christianity and Judaism.

I've never said Christianity or Judaism were good, all I said was that Islam wasn't.

I'm going to go ahead and tell you that just because someone says they're a Muslim, doesn't mean they are.

I never said anything about "fundamentalists". I judge Islam by Muhammad, the Quran, the Sira and the Hadith, not by it's followers.

Like I said, I don't judge Islam by its followers.

So.... what is your judgment of Christianity and Judaism based on the entries in the Bible and Torah? What is your judgment based on Papal Bull's etc. I'd like to know.

So.... what is your judgment of Christianity and Judaism based on the entries in the Bible and Torah? What is your judgment based on Papal Bull's etc. I'd like to know.

No answer, what a surprise LOL

WWII was a battle where one group of nations faced off against an opposing group of nations. Not only moderates but all walks of life of both of the opposing groups of nations pooled their resources to do battle.

Yeah I see a difference, I think I see the problem though. Let me ask you a question, why do think the terrorist attacked us on 9/11?

Yeah I see a difference, I think I see the problem though. Let me ask you a question, why do think the terrorist attacked us on 9/11?

They wanted to attack a symbol of America and Capitalism while killing as many Americans as they can in such a dramatic fashion as to cause deep fear and shock to all who wittnessed it.

And before you ask why did they want to attack a symbol of America and Capitalism: The stated reason, that is the reason OBL et al told their followers to get them to do this, was because you and I don't live and worship as they do. The actual reason I believe is just plan mass murder for politcal gains.

They wanted to attack a symbol of America and Capitalism while killing as many Americans as they can in such a dramatic fashion as to cause deep fear and shock to all who wittnessed it.

And before you ask why did they want to attack a symbol of America and Capitalism: The stated reason, that is the reason OBL et al told their followers to get them to do this, was because you and I don't live and worship as they do. The actual reason I believe is just plan mass murder for politcal gains.

And causing fear resulted in some unfortunate decisions which helped recruit even more terrorists.

They hate us. Our foreign policy meddled a lot in the Middle East in the past. They saw an opportunity to do damage and grow stronger with recruitment and it succeeded. Recruitment is easy when we're seen as devils, and even easier with the Abu Ghraib photos.

And causing fear resulted in some unfortunate decisions which helped recruit even more terrorists.

And if we hadn't there would be less terrorists in the world? Good strategy.

They hate us. Our foreign policy meddled a lot in the Middle East in the past. They saw an opportunity to do damage and grow stronger with recruitment and it succeeded. Recruitment is easy when we're seen as devils, and even easier with the Abu Ghraib photos.

First, I don't think there really are as many eager terrorists willing to sacrafice themselves for Allah and 72 virgins as they want us to believe. Soldier fighters maybe but not the suicidal kind. If there were sooooo many than suicide attacks around the world would be a daily occurance. Even when Arafat and Hamas were sending homocide bombers into Israel it was 1 or 2 or 3 at a time several days apart. Now if you have throngs of willing killers you don't send them 1 or 2 at a time - you send dozens at a time! Not all can be caught or stopped before they blow themselves up.

As to the photos, frankly I think behind closed doors OBL and pals are laughing their butts off at us for it! Considering what they do to captives, how they treat people, it must be a laugh riot how upset people get over making someone wear female clothes or listen to rock music or get a couple of slaps around.

The stated reason, that is the reason OBL et al told their followers to get them to do this, was because you and I don't live and worship as they do. The actual reason I believe is just plan mass murder for politcal gains.

You can use his name, he isnt Voldemorte

You can use his name, he isnt Voldemorte

Speak the Devil's name and....

I don't want to misspell it and be accused of making fun of the man or his name. B)

Pretty good. Sure, I hear there are some "violent" verses in the Bible and Torah, but based on what I've read, it's mostly just peaceful crap.

Pretty good. Sure, I hear there are some "violent" verses in the Bible and Torah, but based on what I've read, it's mostly just peaceful crap.

The verses are there. But I don't see people acting on them. No one using them as a rallying cry to kill women and children.

Surely people in Europe are concerned about the death of many innocent and by the lopsided power that one army can cause in a war where fighting is taking place around civilian populations. Don't see why they wouldn't want fighting to stop!! It's not necessarily support for terrorists.