Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorist support surges in Europe

Repoman

Surely people in Europe are concerned about the death of many innocent and by the lopsided power that one army can cause in a war where fighting is taking place around civilian populations. Don't see why they wouldn't want fighting to stop!! It's not necessarily support for terrorists.

Well considering those countries would do the exact same thing if it were their countries that were under constant rocket fire, I for one find it hypocritical.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Repoman

• The Silver Thong

• mambo132

• itsnotoutthere

Do you really think this approach is gonna solve anything? They're there to stay, bombing everything isn't going to solve anything but create more hatred between them. It's still the same old **** from 50 years ago when israel was created. An eye for an eye and they'll be fighting forever.

The verses are there. But I don't see people acting on them. No one using them as a rallying cry to kill women and children.

Jonestown, Charles Manson, the KKK, any number of Christian factions that attack abortion clinics, The Vatican, the Spanish Inquisition..................

Jonestown, Charles Manson, the KKK, any number of Christian factions that attack abortion clinics, The Vatican, the Spanish Inquisition..................

If you have to go alllll the way back to the Inquisitions to find a basis of organized mass ralleying cry with Bible verses as the underlyings that shows how out of date your thinking is.

These groups you mention are not en mass. A few nuts here and there and all have been denounced by the Church and any one with a reputation.

Can't say I have heard the masses of Islamic clergy denounce the terrorists.

Do you really think this approach is gonna solve anything? They're there to stay, bombing everything isn't going to solve anything but create more hatred between them. It's still the same old **** from 50 years ago when israel was created. An eye for an eye and they'll be fighting forever.

Um...you think Israel is attacking Gaza to drive away the Gazans from Israel?

Um...you think Israel is attacking Gaza to drive away the Gazans from Israel?

Where did you get that idea? I'm saying they're both there to stay so bombing their neighbours isn't going to solve anything.

If you have to go alllll the way back to the Inquisitions to find a basis of organized mass ralleying cry with Bible verses as the underlyings that shows how out of date your thinking is.

These groups you mention are not en mass. A few nuts here and there and all have been denounced by the Church and any one with a reputation.

Can't say I have heard the masses of Islamic clergy denounce the terrorists.

You are being disingenuous Po - as you are well aware.

The fact that christian religion has a very long history of rallying behind biblical texts, and even more so at the behest of their religious leaders who interpret the Bible for their own purposes, is not lost on anyone.

All officially recognised Islamic Institutions, have denounced terrorism (Islamic Council of GB for instance), it's just that you are not listening - doesnt fit in with your agenda

The fact that christian religion has a very long history of rallying behind biblical texts, and even more so at the behest of their religious leaders who interpret the Bible for their own purposes, is not lost on anyone.

Yea, and hundreds of years ago women and children were sold into slavery or worse. Doesn't happen anymore (not in the West at least).

Stop looking hundreds/thousands of years back to justify your POV today. Show me something recent. You can't.

Yea, and hundreds of years ago women and children were sold into slavery or worse. Doesn't happen anymore (not in the West at least).

Stop looking hundreds/thousands of years back to justify your POV today. Show me something recent. You can't.

Modern-Day Slavery in America

Yes, There Are Slaves in the United States, and the Problem Is Getting Worse

By RUSSELL GOLDMAN

Human rights organizations and federal officials, including President Bush, however, insist that modern-day slavery, also known as "human trafficking," is alive and well today in the United States.

Next to the illegal trades in drugs and arms, human trafficking is the third-largest and fastest-growing criminal enterprise in the world, according to government figures. The departments of Justice and State, as well as anti-trafficking groups, estimate there are about 27 million people worldwide in modern-day slavery.

Trafficking a Constitutional Violation

The term "human trafficking" can be applied in all cases where the use of "force, fraud or coercion" is used to get people to work or have sex against their will, a senior official at the U.S. Department of Justice told ABCNEWS.com.

"Despite what the word 'trafficking' suggests," the official said, "it is not human smuggling … [and] does not require proof of movement or crossing of borders."

Human trafficking is a federal offense because it violates the 13th Amendment, which prohibits slavery.

The Department of Justice has conducted more than 700 investigations into cases of alleged human trafficking since 2001, an increase of 600 percent over the previous six years.

Last year, the Justice Department initiated 168 investigations, charged 111 defendants in 32 cases, and obtained 98 convictions involving human trafficking cases.

Two of those convictions in 2006 were for Jefferson Calimlim Sr. and his wife, Elnora, both doctors from Milwaukee, Wis.

In November 2006, the couple were each sentenced to four years in prison for "forcing a woman to work as their domestic servant and illegally harboring her for 19 years in their residence," according to the Justice Department.

The Calimlims were convicted of using threats of serious harm and physical restraint against their victim, whom they had brought to the United States from the Philippines when she was 19.

Nope, no slavery here...

Modern-Day Slavery in America

Yes, There Are Slaves in the United States, and the Problem Is Getting Worse

By RUSSELL GOLDMAN

Human rights organizations and federal officials, including President Bush, however, insist that modern-day slavery, also known as "human trafficking," is alive and well today in the United States.

Next to the illegal trades in drugs and arms, human trafficking is the third-largest and fastest-growing criminal enterprise in the world, according to government figures. The departments of Justice and State, as well as anti-trafficking groups, estimate there are about 27 million people worldwide in modern-day slavery.

Stop it, You're killing me. :rofl:

Where did you get that idea? I'm saying they're both there to stay so bombing their neighbours isn't going to solve anything.

Yeah, but what do you mean by "they're there to stay"? Israel doesn't wanna drive the Palestinians out.

Yeah, but what do you mean by "they're there to stay"? Israel doesn't wanna drive the Palestinians out.

How hard is it to understand? Neither Hamas or Israel is just simply going to disappear so they better try and get along instead of fighting.

It seems simple. Hamas is a terror group and they fire rockets into Israel daily.

And I love your Sig. I have been down the rifle sights and I still wanted to kill the enemy.

If all Americans were pacifist there would be no America.

Therefore, pacifists tacitly support the undoing of America (or else they are too damn ignorant to understand that without a military America would not exist).

And if you think it is OK to be a pacifist because you are just one person and your pacifism won't hurt then I am assuming you don't vote either.

Support our ally Israel in its struggle against murdering terrorists.

Well we in Britain put up with years of terrorism from the I.R.A. but many Americans backed them so.......indeed 'one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter'

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Tell me you were joking.

So Israel and the west should stop fighting because it solves nothing?

I would ask if it would be OK to fight if we got attacked but that is exactly what happened - Israel got attacked and they fought back - and you are still saying they shouldn't fight.

Let's imagine the west follows your advice and destroys all their military equipment. How long do you think it would be before you get beaten nearly to death by "Purity police" for listening to dance music?

Don't you get it? Those wack-job islamic freaks want to impose sharia law on the entire planet! Their &*()&(* holy book TELLS THEM TO DO THIS!

Wake up - sometimes you need to fight. And the only reason it has been going on for 50 years is because people like you have made it next to impossible to do the job right and wipe those dogs out once and for all.

You don't talk to cockroaches - you exterminate them.

You can't talk to islamic extremists (you know what I mean by extremists - the ones that actually believe what their bloody book of murder and domination - the Koran - says) - so you should exterminate them.

When I hear a great outpouring of public outrage from muslims all over the world condemning terror tactics then maybe I will start to believe that, just possibly, most muslims don't side with the terrorists.

So Israel and the west should stop fighting because it solves nothing?

I would ask if it would be OK to fight if we got attacked but that is exactly what happened - Israel got attacked and they fought back - and you are still saying they shouldn't fight.

They have been fighting since Israel was created and look how far they got. If they ever want peace in that region they'll have to stop fighting eventually.

Let's imagine the west follows your advice and destroys all their military equipment. How long do you think it would be before you get beaten nearly to death by "Purity police" for listening to dance music?

I dunno, 1 year maybe 2? Enlighten us please.

Don't you get it? Those wack-job islamic freaks want to impose sharia law on the entire planet! Their &*()&(* holy book TELLS THEM TO DO THIS!

Wake up - sometimes you need to fight. And the only reason it has been going on for 50 years is because people like you have made it next to impossible to do the job right and wipe those dogs out once and for all.

Yes ofcourse it's all the fault of people like me.

You don't talk to cockroaches - you exterminate them.

Still plenty of cockroaches around and they'll still be there when man is gone.

You can't talk to islamic extremists (you know what I mean by extremists - the ones that actually believe what their bloody book of murder and domination - the Koran - says) - so you should exterminate them.

When I hear a great outpouring of public outrage from muslims all over the world condemning terror tactics then maybe I will start to believe that, just possibly, most muslims don't side with the terrorists.

You really have a strange view of the world if you honestly believe most muslims side with the terrorists.

do you honestly believe the majority of a religion followed by more than a billion side with terrorists? btw, terrorism is clearly not supported by the koran, it goes against the principles of the religion.

for starters: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=m...amp;btnG=Search

They wanted to attack a symbol of America and Capitalism while killing as many Americans as they can in such a dramatic fashion as to cause deep fear and shock to all who wittnessed it.

And before you ask why did they want to attack a symbol of America and Capitalism: The stated reason, that is the reason OBL et al told their followers to get them to do this, was because you and I don't live and worship as they do. The actual reason I believe is just plan mass murder for politcal gains.

Sorry man, got busy and all and forgot about this. Umm... not exactly.

The short reason is because the nutjobs feel that infidels had desecrated the holy ground of Mecca during Desert Storm. Afterwhich they wanted to punish America financially for this desecration.

Edited by Stardrive

How hard is it to understand? Neither Hamas or Israel is just simply going to disappear so they better try and get along instead of fighting.

If Hamas stops fighting, there will be peace. If Israel stops fighting, millions of Israelis will die.

do you honestly believe the majority of a religion followed by more than a billion side with terrorists? btw, terrorism is clearly not supported by the koran, it goes against the principles of the religion.

Liberal way of thinking: 1 billion people follow Islam, therefore Islam can't be wrong.

:hmm:

All of the major news outlets are reporting on the unprecedented surge in support for terrorism in european nations.

Turn on your TV and you will see reports showing footage of thousands of demonstrators in the UK, France, etc. all protesting the Israel's decision to defend its citizens from the murderous terrorist organization Hamas.

Why are these people so supportive of terrorism?

Why did lots of Americans support the I.R.A. terrorists when they were murdering innocent civilians, ask yourself that & you may find the answer to your question.

Answer: They were either "useful idiots" or true terrorist-supporters.

So if Americans support terrorism, everyone should too? That's what you're saying?

Oh ---- off seriously.

Europeans aren't supportive of terrorism, we are against it, that is why we protest against Israel. Israel is a terrorist state.

Answer: They were either "useful idiots" or true terrorist-supporters.

So if Americans support terrorism, everyone should too? That's what you're saying?

I'm merely pointing out to the original poster that things are never always black & white, cowboys & indians, goodies against baddies. The irony is that during the troubles in Northern Ireland Americans were sending money (NORAID) to fund terrorism along with countries like Lybia, Columbia & others. The result being that Irish terrorists were killing Irish civilians with the backing of American dollars. (Enniskillen etc.).

If we approach this topic in the simplistic language that the poster of this thread adopts, then using the above example we could accuse Americans of also being 'terrorist supporters'.

Things are never that simple.

(oh & I suppose i'm also saying, try not to be a hypocrite)

Edited by itsnotoutthere

I'm merely pointing out to the original poster that things are never always black & white, cowboys & indians, goodies against baddies. The irony is that during the troubles in Northern Ireland Americans were sending money (NORAID) to fund terrorism along with countries like Lybia, Columbia & others. The result being that Irish terrorists were killing Irish civilians with the backing of American dollars. (Enniskillen etc.).

If we approach this topic in the simplistic language that the poster of this thread adopts, then using the above example we could accuse Americans of also being 'terrorist supporters'.

Things are never that simple.

(oh & I suppose i'm also saying, try not to be a hypocrite)

What is not black and white about Americans sending money to fund the IRA. They were (are?) supporting terrorism, and it was (is?) disgusting. I think it still goes on, but not to the extent it did in the 80's and 90's.

I think we need to distinguish between guerilla warfare, and terrorist warfare. Terrorists target civilians, guerillas target military. If these terrorists exclusively targeted the Israeli military they would probably have more support globally. As it stands they exclusively attack civilians, and should therefore be executed on sight. If Israel is actively targeting civilians, then they should be dealt with as well.