Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorist support surges in Europe

Repoman

What is not black and white about Americans sending money to fund the IRA. They were (are?) supporting terrorism, and it was (is?) disgusting. I think it still goes on, but not to the extent it did in the 80's and 90's.

I think we need to distinguish between guerilla warfare, and terrorist warfare. Terrorists target civilians, guerillas target military. If these terrorists exclusively targeted the Israeli military they would probably have more support globally. As it stands they exclusively attack civilians, and should therefore be executed on sight. If Israel is actively targeting civilians, then they should be dealt with as well.

How exactly are they supposed to target the military with these quassam rockets when they have zero accuracy and even if they did have the same military capacity like Israel it would have been okay if they targeted Israels military, government and infrastructure resulting in the same casualties like they have now.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Repoman

• The Silver Thong

• mambo132

• itsnotoutthere

Why did lots of Americans support the I.R.A. terrorists when they were murdering innocent civilians, ask yourself that & you may find the answer to your question.
I missed the news footage showing thousands of Americans in the street shouting "Death to England!"

do you honestly believe the majority of a religion followed by more than a billion side with terrorists? btw, terrorism is clearly not supported by the koran, it goes against the principles of the religion.
Like I said - When I hear a great outpouring of public outrage from muslims all over the world condemning terror tactics then maybe I will start to believe that, just possibly, most muslims don't side with the terrorists. A few news articles posted by apologist intellectuals mean nothing.

If hundreds of thousands of christian extremists rose up and began slaughtering people all over the world in the name of Jesus you had better believe that the rest of the Christians would be screaming their heads off about it - demanding that the government hunt down the terrorists and silence them.

The silence from the "peaceful" muslim world is truly deafening.

All of the major news outlets are reporting on the unprecedented surge in support for terrorism in european nations.

Turn on your TV and you will see reports showing footage of thousands of demonstrators in the UK, France, etc. all protesting the Israel's decision to defend its citizens from the murderous terrorist organization Hamas.

Why are these people so supportive of terrorism?

They are protesting terrorism. Oh, I guess you meant Hamas.

I missed the news footage showing thousands of Americans in the street shouting "Death to England!"

http://members.lycos.co.uk/inac/whatdo.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1563119.stm

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Hmmm, still not seeing the news footage showing thousands of Americans in the street shouting "Death to England!"

Oh, is that what you have to do to be an official terrorist sympathizer?

Oh, is that what you have to do to be an official terrorist sympathizer?
I didn't know there was such a thing. I was merely pointing out that your rebuttal example was nothing at all like the example I was talking about.

Sure there are people in the US that supported the IRA. Just like there are people in Canada that support Al Qaeda. If you thought I was suggesting that there existed exactly zero people in the US that support any terrorist groups then I apologize for not speaking clearly enough. There are lots of terrorist supporters - heck, even on this forum there are terrorist supporters.

You can spot them because they disseminate terrorist speaking points like "Israel - stop attacking Hamas!" or "US - out of Iraq!"

(I'm not calling them actual terrorists - just people that lend moral support to terrorist causes by willingly spreading terrorist propaganda speaking points)

I didn't know there was such a thing. I was merely pointing out that your rebuttal example was nothing at all like the example I was talking about.

Sure there are people in the US that supported the IRA. Just like there are people in Canada that support Al Qaeda. If you thought I was suggesting that there existed exactly zero people in the US that support any terrorist groups then I apologize for not speaking clearly enough. There are lots of terrorist supporters - heck, even on this forum there are terrorist supporters.

You can spot them because they disseminate terrorist speaking points like "Israel - stop attacking Hamas!" or "US - out of Iraq!"

(I'm not calling them actual terrorists - just people that lend moral support to terrorist causes by willingly spreading terrorist propaganda speaking points)

So not agreeing with all this bloodshed makes you a terrorist supporter, that's just silly.

Never mind!

Edited by The Silver Thong

"Terrorist support surges in Europe"

One of the results of E.U. membership is relaxed travel restrictions within E.U. member nations.

In light of the role terrorism is playing in 2009, is this less restricted travel between E.U. member nations a good reason to exclude Turkey from E.U. membership?

Or would allowing the a predominantly Muslim nation into the E.U. be no big deal?

In light of the role terrorism is playing in 2009, is this less restricted travel between E.U. member nations a good reason to exclude Turkey from E.U. membership?

Or would allowing the a predominantly Muslim nation into the E.U. be no big deal?

I thought Turkey was part of the EU, my mistake... I got confused with Germany.

Just like critisizing Obama before he even takes office? Alot of mud puddles out there Repo, watch your step.

Al-Zawahri blames Obama for Gaza, criticizes Mubarak

Obama has been criticized for not speaking out forcefully against the Israeli offensive, but vowed Tuesday he would have plenty to say about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict once he takes office on Jan. 20.

Source

So not agreeing with all this bloodshed makes you a terrorist supporter, that's just silly.

Assuming you can differentiate between:

Hamas terrorists whose sworn goal is to remove Israel from the face of the map and who send thousands of rockets and mortar shells into Israel with the intent on murdering as many civilians as possible

and

The Israeli Defense Forces whose only goal is to get Hamas to stop murdering their civilians

Then one would have to wonder why a person would still echo Hamas' speaking points.

Why would a person that can clearly see that Israel is responding to being attacked suggest that Israel stop fighting back?

Why would a person that knows deep in his heart that if Hamas stopped firing rockets then israel would end their military operations in Gaza and who also knows that if Israel stopped fighting then Hamas would rearm and begin firing again suggest that israel stop fighting?

Look, we all know it is "cool" to sound all peaceful. It probably helps get young bucks laid by the hippy chicks. But that ain't real life. You can hang out at your cousins treehouse and smoke weed all day long and talk about how, like, dude - war is so totally uncool! yada yada yada.

If you can separate right from wrong then you know if Hamas is in the right or not for firing rockets at israeli civilians. And you know if Israel is in the right or not for fighting back.

If, after hours of scratching your head and reading articles on Wikipedia, you finally admit to yourself that Hamas is wrong then you might finally understand where I am coming from.

Knowing that Hamas is in the wrong yet still disseminating their propaganda means you are willfully lending moral support to terrorism.

How exactly are they supposed to target the military with these quassam rockets when they have zero accuracy and even if they did have the same military capacity like Israel it would have been okay if they targeted Israels military, government and infrastructure resulting in the same casualties like they have now.

The IDF is a very visible presence in Israel. It would not be hard for Hamas to concentrate on military targets. It might not be considered OK, but it would be considered war instead of terrorism. It's a more than a little hypocritical to decry the civilian casualties caused by Israels collateral damage when they specifically aim for civilians. If they really cared about civilian casualties they wouldn't use civilians as human shields.

If they want to wage a guerilla war against Israel, that's fine. They obviously can't compete with Israel in conventional warfare. They should concentrate on military targets though.

The IDF is a very visible presence in Israel. It would not be hard for Hamas to concentrate on military targets. It might not be considered OK, but it would be considered war instead of terrorism. It's a more than a little hypocritical to decry the civilian casualties caused by Israels collateral damage when they specifically aim for civilians. If they really cared about civilian casualties they wouldn't use civilians as human shields.

If they want to wage a guerilla war against Israel, that's fine. They obviously can't compete with Israel in conventional warfare. They should concentrate on military targets though.

14 deaths on Israels side in the last 7 years and over 800 deaths in Gaza in just a few weeks. This war "done properly by the books" is just way out of proportion.

Assuming you can differentiate between:

Hamas terrorists whose sworn goal is to remove Israel from the face of the map and who send thousands of rockets and mortar shells into Israel with the intent on murdering as many civilians as possible

and

The Israeli Defense Forces whose only goal is to get Hamas to stop murdering their civilians

Then one would have to wonder why a person would still echo Hamas' speaking points.

Why would a person that can clearly see that Israel is responding to being attacked suggest that Israel stop fighting back?

Why would a person that knows deep in his heart that if Hamas stopped firing rockets then israel would end their military operations in Gaza and who also knows that if Israel stopped fighting then Hamas would rearm and begin firing again suggest that israel stop fighting?

Look, we all know it is "cool" to sound all peaceful. It probably helps get young bucks laid by the hippy chicks. But that ain't real life. You can hang out at your cousins treehouse and smoke weed all day long and talk about how, like, dude - war is so totally uncool! yada yada yada.

If you can separate right from wrong then you know if Hamas is in the right or not for firing rockets at israeli civilians. And you know if Israel is in the right or not for fighting back.

If, after hours of scratching your head and reading articles on Wikipedia, you finally admit to yourself that Hamas is wrong then you might finally understand where I am coming from.

Knowing that Hamas is in the wrong yet still disseminating their propaganda means you are willfully lending moral support to terrorism.

They we're wrong, always have been and always will be but at least people in Europe also see the other side of the story. Palestinians who are degraded to second class citizens. Locked up and put a wall around them with checkpoints everywhere. And let's not forget the economic blockade the Israelis imposed on Gaza which was allready plagued by economic woes.

Btw you really should try to get this through your thick head of yours that people who are against this bloodshed aren't necessarily Pro Hamas supporters. It's quite simple and obvious actually but you still seem to have a hard time understanding. It's getting rather silly and annoying.

Oh, so Israel has to let Hamas kill 700 more Israelis in order to make you happy?

500,000 Americans and millions of Germans died in WW2. I guess that means Nazi Germany were the good guys and we were just evil baby-killers. :rolleyes:

Oh, so Israel has to let Hamas kill 700 more Israelis in order to make you happy?

500,000 Americans and millions of Germans died in WW2. I guess that means Nazi Germany were the good guys and we were just evil baby-killers. :rolleyes:

Ehm, no?

All of the major news outlets are reporting on the unprecedented surge in support for terrorism in european nations.

Turn on your TV and you will see reports showing footage of thousands of demonstrators in the UK, France, etc. all protesting the Israel's decision to defend its citizens from the murderous terrorist organization Hamas.

Why are these people so supportive of terrorism?

I don't understand it. It's disturbing. IMO, any country has a right to defend itself. Israel has been tolerant and more than fair to these terrorists. I think anyone that demonstates and supports Hamas should go live with them. Maybe their opinion will change. If not, good riddance.

I don't understand it. It's disturbing. IMO, any country has a right to defend itself. Israel has been tolerant and more than fair to these terrorists. I think anyone that demonstates and supports Hamas should go live with them. Maybe their opinion will change. If not, good riddance.

What is it you people don't understand. It's not support for terrorists. It's protests against all these deaths.

Defend itself yes. But this is bordering on ethnic cleansing. Any wonder why israel have banned reporters from the area.

(I suppose the upside is that at least all those American weapons manufacturers get to have their equipment tested 'in the field' )

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Genociders don't usually call their victims 15 minutes ahead and warn them of an air strike...

I'm just sayin'...

Genociders don't usually call their victims 15 minutes ahead and warn them of an air strike...

I'm just sayin'...

Perhaps not, but 'Genociders' have been known to build a big wall around a city & stop the residents from entering & leaving.......Warsaw 1940.

(don't get me wrong, i'm not a Hamas supporter, & they should be ground into the dirt, but all this 'collateral damage' doesn't help Israels cause & in the long run could just breed more suicide bombers with a grudge. I mean if your family was wiped out in a bombing raid what would your first instinct be)

Edited by itsnotoutthere