Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorist support surges in Europe

Repoman

"Terrorism" is war. Making a distinction between the two is buying into a 1984-style double-speak lie. If you don't believe war is terrorism, read Clausewitz. War is always political; in fact, war is just politics moved off the stage and into the street. I support anybody who is on the side of peace, who believes in truth and justice, and is willing to stand up for these values.

Edited by seekingwhat

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Repoman

• The Silver Thong

• mambo132

• itsnotoutthere

All of the major news outlets are reporting on the unprecedented surge in support for terrorism in european nations.

Turn on your TV and you will see reports showing footage of thousands of demonstrators in the UK, France, etc. all protesting the Israel's decision to defend its citizens from the murderous terrorist organization Hamas.

Why are these people so supportive of terrorism?

This is some scary ****.. You people are serious arent you? We are not supporting terrorists, we are renouncing the inhumane actions of the Israeli goverment.

I am completely flabbergasted by the twisted, one sided view Americans seem to have in this context. It seems the US media is highly cencored in Israeli favour, which in turn seems to be very effective seeing the posts on this thread. The whole world is standing up against Israel and still you people dont even try to re- evaluate the situation. Why are these people demonstrating? Might there be some good reason for it? Yes, indeed there is. Civilians, kids are getting killed by the hundreds. Schools designated as civilian bomb shelters are specifically being targetted. Red cross medical personnel are shot at, UN personnel are being wounded and killed (by the Israeli mind you).

Not to mention the living conditions in the blocked off zones. They are dehumanizing the Palestinians en masse, your statement is proof they are pretty succesfull (in the states anyway). As you all know, America is a state of Israel. The Israeli lobby in the states is so powerfull everything the US does internationally must be in line with Israeli policy. I will be attacked for this statement but it is the sad truth. US media outlets are suffering from thesame I would think.

They we're wrong, always have been and always will be but at least people in Europe also see the other side of the story.
The "other side of the story" are the terrorists in Gaza. If the terrorists would stop then the borders would open and the Palestinian people would thrive. That is "the other side of the story".

Btw you really should try to get this through your thick head of yours that people who are against this bloodshed aren't necessarily Pro Hamas supporters.
Is it possible to destroy the terrorists and prevent another rocket or suicide attack without bloodshed? If so, then I am all for it. If not, then why suggest it be stopped?

Btw you really should try to get this through your thick head of yours that people that echo Hamas propaganda during wartime are voluntarily lending moral support to terrorism.

Do you recognize that "lending moral support to terrorism" is not the same thing as being a "Pro Hamas supporter"?

Just like, during WWII, you could say out of one side of your mouth "I hate nazis" but out of the other side of your mouth you could be saying "The French resistance fighters should lay down their weapons and stop attacking the nazi soldiers because people are getting hurt"

Don't you realize that posting things here about how the Palestinians are being brutalized by the evil Israel and Israel should cease their attacks is no different than setting up a megaphone on the outskirts of Paris in 1943 and broadcasting things like "The french resitance should cease their operations against the nazis because people are dying"?

I am not suggesting you not post Hamas propaganda - you are certainly free to do so. I am just saying that actions have consequences and a little self-censorship might be in order if we understand to which side we are lending support by spreading Hamas speaking points.

Notice how I am not calling you a supporter of Hamas - I am saying you are lending moral support to their cause by regurgitating their propaganda.

If you can't tell the difference then I apologize for wasting your time.

Edited by Repoman

Schools designated as civilian bomb shelters are specifically being targetted.
Because that is where hamas sets up its fighting positions - and they do this because they want children to get killed so people like you will spread their propaganda.

You say the US is pro-Israel. I'd rather be on the side of a stable democracy with human rights and freedom than on the side of a maniacal religious terrorist organization any day.

Not to mention the living conditions in the blocked off zones.
They are blocked off because of the terrorists.

As you all know, America is a state of Israel.
Was wondering how long it would take you to spread the evil Israel owns America propaganda. Edited by Repoman

Because that is where hamas sets up its fighting positions - and they do this because they want children to get killed so people like you will spread their propaganda.

According to the U.N. there were no hamas fighters at that school.

UN: No Hamas fighters in bombed school

''Btw you really should try to get this through your thick head of yours that people that echo Hamas propaganda during wartime are voluntarily lending moral support to terrorism.''

By 'Hamas propaganda' presumably you're refering to the the hundreds of civilian deaths.

Source Reuters :-

''673 civilians had died since Israel launched its air campaign on Dec. 27. These included 225 children and 69 women. Earlier this week, the health ministry said about 400 women and children were among the dead.''

And so from your comment above presumably you're lending moral support to the Israeli propaganda that they are just targeting Hamas & not civilians? (shame the death toll doesn't stack up tho')

Edited by itsnotoutthere

By 'Hamas propaganda' presumably you're refering to the the hundreds of civilian deaths.
Exactly. By hiding amongst civilians, Hamas ensures their own people are killed so they can parade the bodies in front of western news outlets in an attempt to trick gullible, politically-correct, bleeding-hearts into thinking that there exists a moral equivalency between Hamas and the IDF.

And so from your comment above presumably you're lending moral support to the Israeli propaganda
Yep. And I can sleep just fine at night knowing which side I have chosen to support. And I have no problem in saying that I support Israel in its goal to continue the war until Hamas stops firing rockets and I do not support Hamas in its goal to get Israel to stop their attack. Edited by Repoman

According to the U.N. there were no hamas fighters at that school.
How did the UN determine this? They asked Palestinians hours after the event. The same Palestinians that so many on this board talk about when posting things like "Of course they are all extremists - wouldn't you be also?" or "They aren't evil - they just hate israel because they have been brought up to hate israel" etc. etc.

Don't you think that with a population that has no qualms at all about allowing terrorists to set up rockets in their backyards and who praise "martyrs", the UN might be expected to hear that no fighters were present in the school?

Yes, there are civilian casualties. On both sides.

How did the UN determine this? They asked Palestinians hours after the event. The same Palestinians that so many on this board talk about when posting things like "Of course they are all extremists - wouldn't you be also?" or "They aren't evil - they just hate israel because they have been brought up to hate israel" etc. etc.

Don't you think that with a population that has no qualms at all about allowing terrorists to set up rockets in their backyards and who praise "martyrs", the UN might be expected to hear that no fighters were present in the school?

Yes, there are civilian casualties. On both sides.

I'm curious...

What are the number of civilian casualties on both sides?

Some inconvenient truth being spilled by one of the few good US congressmen (relevant to this topic ofcourse):

Edited by Noteaph

The "other side of the story" are the terrorists in Gaza. If the terrorists would stop then the borders would open and the Palestinian people would thrive. That is "the other side of the story".

Yes ofcourse. If you say so... :rolleyes:

Is it possible to destroy the terrorists and prevent another rocket or suicide attack without bloodshed? If so, then I am all for it. If not, then why suggest it be stopped?

Btw you really should try to get this through your thick head of yours that people that echo Hamas propaganda during wartime are voluntarily lending moral support to terrorism.

Do you recognize that "lending moral support to terrorism" is not the same thing as being a "Pro Hamas supporter"?

Just like, during WWII, you could say out of one side of your mouth "I hate nazis" but out of the other side of your mouth you could be saying "The French resistance fighters should lay down their weapons and stop attacking the nazi soldiers because people are getting hurt"

Don't you realize that posting things here about how the Palestinians are being brutalized by the evil Israel and Israel should cease their attacks is no different than setting up a megaphone on the outskirts of Paris in 1943 and broadcasting things like "The french resitance should cease their operations against the nazis because people are dying"?

WWII is a whole different issue. Why even bring that up. Israel is the invader here not the Palestinians.

I am not suggesting you not post Hamas propaganda - you are certainly free to do so. I am just saying that actions have consequences and a little self-censorship might be in order if we understand to which side we are lending support by spreading Hamas speaking points.

Notice how I am not calling you a supporter of Hamas - I am saying you are lending moral support to their cause by regurgitating their propaganda.

If you can't tell the difference then I apologize for wasting your time.

The title of this thread says it all. Terrorist support surges in Europe. So yes you are calling us a terrorist supporter.

You say the US is pro-Israel. I'd rather be on the side of a stable democracy with human rights and freedom than on the side of a maniacal religious terrorist organization any day.

They are blocked off because of the terrorists.

Was wondering how long it would take you to spread the evil Israel owns America propaganda.

You are definately the biggest example of Isareli propaganda in America.

Exactly. By hiding amongst civilians, Hamas ensures their own people are killed so they can parade the bodies in front of western news outlets in an attempt to trick gullible, politically-correct, bleeding-hearts into thinking that there exists a moral equivalency between Hamas and the IDF.

How can you talk about moral equivalency when 623 of the casulaties are civillians including 225 children and 69 women.

Yep. And I can sleep just fine at night knowing which side I have chosen to support. And I have no problem in saying that I support Israel in its goal to continue the war until Hamas stops firing rockets and I do not support Hamas in its goal to get Israel to stop their attack.

Ignorance is bless.

I'm curious...

3 Israeli civilians

1010 palastinian civilians

I'm curious...

3 Israeli civilians

1010 palastinian civilians (4700 injured)

The title of this thread says it all. Terrorist support surges in Europe. So yes you are calling us a terrorist supporter.

"Terrorist support" can refer both to overt support for a particular terror group (money, resources, joining, etc) or to lending moral support to terrorist causes by spreading terrorist propaganda.

I am not accusing anyone here of the first type of terrorist support because I have no hard facts on which to make such an accusation. But there are several people here that support terrorism like in the second example.

You may not want to. But that is what you are doing by repeating their propaganda.

And yes, you can turn the argument around and say that I am also spreading israeli propaganda.

The difference is - I don't need to quibble about and mince words and find weasel-words to deflect what I am doing. I am not ashamed to be lending moral support to Israel as it defends itself against the vicious terrorist war being waged against its civilians. I would think the anonymity of the internet would bring to the front at least one person brave enough to admit that they are lending moral support to Hamas.

How can you talk about moral equivalency when 623 of the casulaties are civillians including 225 children and 69 women.
The ratio of Palestine's's 623 dead and Israel's 3 dead is 208:1 - a finite number - since the war started. Before the war started, the ratio of Palestinian dead to Israeli dead was 0:2 - an infinite ratio and clearly shows that no matter what Israel does, the response would not be disproportionate.

The worst thing to happen to the world was to make the concept of "total warfare" politically incorrect. Because if total warfare was still "allowed" none of these problems we are having today would exist.

Yep. And I can sleep just fine at night knowing which side I have chosen to support. And I have no problem in saying that I support Israel in its goal to continue the war until Hamas stops firing rockets and I do not support Hamas in its goal to get Israel to stop their attack.

Ignorance is bless.
I notice you always manage to avoid the central premise. Edited by Repoman

To be clear on this, the following statement is in all rationality easily defendable IMO:

"Both the US and Israel are terrorist- states that have and are furthering their international policy to attain strategical assets / positions by means of (funding) terror."

And believe me, Im not the only one in Europe that can see some truth in that view.

Israel is the terrorist is this context (gaza), just look at the civilian deathstats on both sides, even in a larger timeframe..

Pro US / Israeli types should really check their facts or admit they dont want to know the truth and stop agressively attacking people with conflicting information. I find adhominems are a favourite tactics, lets see what happens shall we? ;)

Salus populi suprema lex

It's kinda scary when one can deffend the actions of others when one has skeletons in the closet.

The U.S. is the only country to be found guilty of state sponsered terrorisim by the world court. So when do the good guys become the bad guys and vise versa. This really isn't about the politics it's about the people there. Is what Israel doing wrong? I think so. What can be done? I don't know, but finger pointing does nothing, shooting or bombing people accomplishes little in the long run, there needs to be talks and soon. Israel needs to stand on it's own 2 feet as they are armed to the teeth and nothing really poses a major threat to them in the area as far as military goes. Just my thoughts, i'm no politician or armchair general so I'll leave it up to them to discuss.

''Btw you really should try to get this through your thick head of yours that people that echo Hamas propaganda during wartime are voluntarily lending moral support to terrorism.''

Source Reuters :-

''673 civilians had died since Israel launched its air campaign on Dec. 27. These included 225 children and 69 women. Earlier this week, the health ministry said about 400 women and children were among the dead.''

And so from your comment above presumably you're lending moral support to the Israeli propaganda that they are just targeting Hamas & not civilians? (shame the death toll doesn't stack up tho')

No, you are lending moral support to terrorism by blaming the Israelis for the fact that Hamas hides behind women and children. Hamas WANTS Israel to kill women and children, and do there best to make sure Israel does just that by launching attacks among women and children. This way they cant point there camera's while it happens and play the victom. It should be obvious to all that Hamas is among the most evil ruthless murderers in the world. The sooner they are eliminated the safer everyone is.

"Terrorist support" can refer both to overt support for a particular terror group (money, resources, joining, etc) or to lending moral support to terrorist causes by spreading terrorist propaganda.

I am not accusing anyone here of the first type of terrorist support because I have no hard facts on which to make such an accusation. But there are several people here that support terrorism like in the second example.

You may not want to. But that is what you are doing by repeating their propaganda.

And yes, you can turn the argument around and say that I am also spreading israeli propaganda.

The difference is - I don't need to quibble about and mince words and find weasel-words to deflect what I am doing. I am not ashamed to be lending moral support to Israel as it defends itself against the vicious terrorist war being waged against its civilians. I would think the anonymity of the internet would bring to the front at least one person brave enough to admit that they are lending moral support to Hamas.

See the difference here is most people see they are both guilty for the mess they are in but you on the other hand seem to be always praising Israel. How they can't be bad and what they're doing in Gaza is justified.

It's kinda scary when one can deffend the actions of others when one has skeletons in the closet.

The U.S. is the only country to be found guilty of state sponsered terrorisim by the world court. So when do the good guys become the bad guys and vise versa. This really isn't about the politics it's about the people there. Is what Israel doing wrong? I think so. What can be done? I don't know, but finger pointing does nothing, shooting or bombing people accomplishes little in the long run, there needs to be talks and soon. Israel needs to stand on it's own 2 feet as they are armed to the teeth and nothing really poses a major threat to them in the area as far as military goes. Just my thoughts, i'm no politician or armchair general so I'll leave it up to them to discuss.

Thats the problem, Hamas main goal is the destruction of Israel. As far as they are concerned there is nothing to talk about unless it involves the death of every man women and child jew in the area. The world focus should be the elimination of every terrorist org in the region. Build the Palistinians a solid infastructure where they can create jobs, and prosper. Of which Israel has said they are more than willing to help if it means peace. Till that happens there will only be blood shed.

To be clear on this, the following statement is in all rationality easily defendable IMO:

"Both the US and Israel are terrorist- states that have and are furthering their international policy to attain strategical assets / positions by means of (funding) terror."

I'm fine with that. I am a citizen of the USA and not of "the world". If the world wants to pretend that without the USA everything would be all eiderdown paths and rosy fields filled with gumdrop plants than I couldn't care less.

I am not ashamed of the USA and I am not ashamed of supporting Israel while it pounds the #$%&*#$% out of the Hamas terrorists.

The people at the base of the hill always throw rocks at the person at top.

Edited by Repoman

See the difference here is most people see they are both guilty for the mess they are in but you on the other hand seem to be always praising Israel. How they can't be bad and what they're doing in Gaza is justified.

Its more than justified. There isnt a country in the world who wouldnt have done the same exact thing. Only they wouldnt have taken 8 years to do it.

The ratio of Palestine's's 623 dead and Israel's 3 dead is 208:1 - a finite number - since the war started. Before the war started, the ratio of Palestinian dead to Israeli dead was 0:2 - an infinite ratio and clearly shows that no matter what Israel does, the response would not be disproportionate.

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

The worst thing to happen to the world was to make the concept of "total warfare" politically incorrect. Because if total warfare was still "allowed" none of these problems we are having today would exist.

Are you serious?

I notice you always manage to avoid the central premise.

I'm sorry. Did I miss it besides the Israel is good, Palestinians are bad. Let's exterminate hamass?