Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorist support surges in Europe

Repoman

I'm curious...

What are the number of civilian casualties on both sides?

What difference does that make? Do you denie Hamas would have killed every man women and child Jew if they could have by now?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Repoman

• The Silver Thong

• mambo132

• itsnotoutthere

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

He's saying Hamas drew first blood. Hamas declared war. So what ever happens from there is on them.

It's kinda scary when one can deffend the actions of others when one has skeletons in the closet.

The U.S. is the only country to be found guilty of state sponsered terrorisim by the world court.

Just another example of how the UN is the biggest joke on this planet, and no Im not saying the US never supported terrorism

Edited by preacherman76

Just another example of how the UN is the biggest joke on this planet, and no Im not say the US never supported terrorism

I agree a kangaroo court is a kangaroo court, however charges were laid and the U.S. found guilty of the very thing they now claim to despise (terrorisim) or is it just terrorisim if it's perpetrated against a western nation. I can't stand Hamas but the people should not suffer for the goverments mistakes just look at the U.S. it took 8 years to get a new leader there LOL

I agree a kangaroo court is a kangaroo court, however charges were laid and the U.S. found guilty of the very thing they now claim to despise (terrorisim) or is it just terrorisim if it's perpetrated against a western nation. I can't stand Hamas but the people should not suffer for the goverments mistakes just look at the U.S. it took 8 years to get a new leader there LOL

Well one could argue that the people of palistine knew full well the goals of Hamas. Knew they were running on their "death to Israel" slogans, and voted for him anyway. They gave Hamas credibility on the world stage, and I know this sounds cold, but its the truth, you reap what you sow.

How did the UN determine this? They asked Palestinians hours after the event. The same Palestinians that so many on this board talk about when posting things like "Of course they are all extremists - wouldn't you be also?" or "They aren't evil - they just hate israel because they have been brought up to hate israel" etc. etc.

Don't you think that with a population that has no qualms at all about allowing terrorists to set up rockets in their backyards and who praise "martyrs", the UN might be expected to hear that no fighters were present in the school?

Yes, there are civilian casualties. On both sides.

So we have to take Israels word above the UN there we'rent any hamas fighters at this school. Israel isn't even allowing the media in so people would know what really happened. All we hear is Israel just saying there we're hamas fighters whenever they hit a school or UN buildings where innocent people are hiding from the war. When a red cross ambulance gets targeted with missiles you have to wonder how exactly they distinguish a civillian with a hamas fighter since they aren't wearing any uniforms.

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
I don't believe you.

Israel isn't even allowing the media in
Sheesh! What is it with you'se peoples? First you say Israel is purposefully targetting kindergarteners and now, when they are trying to keep civilians from outside the war zone safe by denying them access to their area of operations, you fault them for that! Edited by Repoman

I don't believe you.

Whatever, I dont care.

Sheesh! What is it with you'se peoples? First you say Israel is purposefully targetting kindergarteners and now, when they are trying to keep civilians from outside the war zone safe by denying them access to their area of operations, you fault them for that!

At least we'll have a clearer view of what's going on.

Sheesh! What is it with you'se peoples? First you say Israel is purposefully targetting kindergarteners and now, when they are trying to keep civilians from outside the war zone safe by denying them access to their area of operations, you fault them for that!

Nice spin, I don't think anyone said that Israel was purposely targeting children ie: kindergartners and as far as you calling the media civilians they are but there job is to report on the war so whats special about this conflict that media is blocked out as opposed to any other war? Civilian reporters know the risks when going into a hot zone and they still do it.

Civilian reporters know the risks when going into a hot zone and they still do it.
Just like Palestinians know the risks of supporting hamas.

I'm fine with that. I am a citizen of the USA and not of "the world". If the world wants to pretend that without the USA everything would be all eiderdown paths and rosy fields filled with gumdrop plants than I couldn't care less.

I am not ashamed of the USA and I am not ashamed of supporting Israel while it pounds the #$%&*#$% out of the Hamas terrorists.

The people at the base of the hill always throw rocks at the person at top.

Having a fortress mentality doesn't help the United States. I think we are all global citizens. Think global, act local. International trade is highly interconnected and high speed these day. Maybe it's just because I am a technical person, but it doesn't pay to wear blinders.

If Israel spent all the capital it has squandered on weapons and war to relocate their nation to a different spot, there could be an international peacekeeping force where Israel once stood and anybody who wanted to could visit the so called "Holy Land". Israel has the means to be the "Bigger man" and walk away from the conflict, while the Palestinians don't have that kind of capital, political or real, in many cases. So I ask you why would you use a "David Vs. Goliath" analogy? How can you support the violent actions of either side? I don't think peace is being hastened in to the Middle East with bombs and rockets. War is terrorism by a different name.

Just like Palestinians know the risks of supporting hamas.

Would that include the very young and the elderly. Hamas was a gamble and they lost. The people are being punished not Hamas itself.

This discussion is something of a microcosm of the macro misunderstanding, in regards to the disproportionate Israeli aggression.

The implication you have made is that there is a "Proportionate" amount of ideal aggression which would be helpful. Surely that is as much a fallacy as a "Peacekeeping Mission" or "Operation Iraqi Freedom" or whatever euphemism you want to use to justify violence and hatred. There is no "Proportionate" amount of violence.

"the ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. in fact, violence merely increases hate. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."

I mean if your family was wiped out in a bombing raid what would your first instinct be

If my family was living in Gaza, and the IDF called them and told them to leave the house, and some terrorists forced them to stay and die in the bombardment, I would certainly go after those terrorists, not the IDF.

The U.S. is the only country to be found guilty of state sponsered terrorisim by the world court.

And does this "world court" comprise of all-knowing Gods who are never wrong or evil?

''If my family was living in Gaza, and the IDF called them and told them to leave the house, and some terrorists forced them to stay and die in the bombardment, I would certainly go after those terrorists, not the IDF.''

Now answer the question I actually asked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7828536.stm

Excerpts :-

"The Israeli army was saying: 'This is the Israeli Defence Forces, we are asking all the people to leave their homes and go to the school. Ladies first, then men.'

"We decided to send the women first, two by two," he said.

First to step outside was the wife of his cousin, Rawhiya al-Najar, 48.

"The army was about 15 metres (50 feet) away from the house or less. They shot her in the head,"

&

All the adults carried white flags, he said, adding that he was still grasping a piece of white cloth as he spoke over the telephone a day later.

Three of his relatives, Muhammad Salman al-Najar, 54, Ahmad Jum'a al-Najar, 27, and Khalil Hamdan al-Najar, 80, were killed, he said.

The troops "knew this man was an old man," he said, because they were so close.

&

Mr Shtewi said 17 children - aged between six weeks and 15 years, and six women, were in the house in the west of the neighbourhood.

"We have tried to leave the house during the three-hour humanitarian ceasefire, but we got shot at," he said.

etc. etc. etc.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

The difference is - I don't need to quibble about and mince words and find weasel-words to deflect what I am doing.

The ratio of Palestine's's 623 dead and Israel's 3 dead is 208:1 - a finite number - since the war started. Before the war started, the ratio of Palestinian dead to Israeli dead was 0:2 - an infinite ratio and clearly shows that no matter what Israel does, the response would not be disproportionate.

I can't believe these two things were said in consecutive order. You're hilarious Repoman.

Edited by Dusty Digital

Right...

And why should I believe those poeple?

Amazing, how did I know you were gonna come back with that !!

Laughable, crass & wholely predictable response.

(but you're quite happy to believe Isreali officials who are stopping war correspondents from reporting on whats really going on....priceless.)

Edited by itsnotoutthere

I can't believe these two things were said in consecutive order.

I wasn't quibbling in the second post - I was doing the opposite - showing my cards and explaining a reason why I support Israel. It was a way to try and show people how Hamas started it.

Some people think Israel's response is disproportionate. I was showing them with numbers how it isn't.

You need to look up the definition of "quibble". (hint - it is when people can't find hard numbers to support their argument...)

You're hilarious Repoman.

And trade in your sense of humor for one that still works.

Edited by Repoman

Having a fortress mentality doesn't help the United States. I think we are all global citizens. Think global, act local[/b

Please tell me you are not a American. I never thought Id live to see the day.

If my family was living in Gaza, and the IDF called them and told them to leave the house, and some terrorists forced them to stay and die in the bombardment, I would certainly go after those terrorists, not the IDF.

And does this "world court" comprise of all-knowing Gods who are never wrong or evil?

What? God has nothing to do with this :D The world court is just that the world court, gods not allowed in :tu:

What? God has nothing to do with this :D The world court is just that the world court, gods not allowed in :tu:

No wonder its such a failure.

No wonder its such a failure.

It's the only reason it works as well as it does and thats not very good sometimes. However it's better than what I can only guess you would want a court to be like. Do you long for the day when people burned people/witches at the stake? Absalutly insane IMO

Just a comment on the white flag thing there's an Israeli reservest who posts on other forum and he's been gotten reports that what Hamas has been doing is running up a white flag, moving to a new location, and then start firing on Israeli soldiers again. Now this doesn't justify firing on a flag of truce but again it traces back to Hamas.