Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More on free will.

norwood1026

Some Christians believe there is no such thing as free will, everyone is either a slave of Satan or a servent of God.

Oh my grief goodnes!!! Manszilla! Talk about summing it all up in one sentence!!!! That just about describes the Christianity I have had flung at me over the years. Good one! :yes:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Lt_Ripley

• Mr Walker

• norwood1026

If God is all knowing, he knows what we are going to do before we do it.

You can't acknowledge what doesn't exist. You can logically assume a future occurance, ie, "He's a reckless driver, so I expect he'll suffer a car crash," but that's only a virtual projection of what could happen. If something hasn't happened, how can it be known?

If you can scan my memories and the synaptical arcs in my neural web and assume beforehand I'll take to a particular habit once exposed to a familiar environment, what would one say if I suddenly so chose in that instance to act differently and unexpectedly, whether I knew your prediction or not?

What if I could scan your memory and know the predictions you made about me? Then I can act to make those predictions false. Therefore, I changed what some would have said at one point was 'the truth' - and truth does not change, it never changes. You can't say it was a lie, because it never happened. So, it can only be that it never existed until it reached the present.

It's really the only fair way to exist, and it can - and I believe it does in fact - still happen with an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent god or god-like figure.

Some Christians believe there is no such thing as free will, everyone is either a slave of Satan or a servent of God.

Thats what I was taught as a child that you can not serve two masters.

That's why you serve only one instead. If you're not Satan's slave you're Yahweh's slave instead.

Oh my grief goodnes!!! Manszilla! Talk about summing it all up in one sentence!!!! That just about describes the Christianity I have had flung at me over the years. Good one! :yes:

I try. :tu: