Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Research

Hellfallen

ok i am wondering how and were to search for information for certaint area's like accidents that have happened there and police reports and other things,

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hellfallen

• LadyHay

• Pauly Dangerously

• Cloudshill

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i am wondering how and were to search for information for certaint area's like accidents that have happened there and police reports and other things,

Police reports would be at the police station. Not sure how searchable they are to the public in your area though.

Dates are useful for searching newspaper archives. Vital statistics are also useful for searching.

Can I ask what you're researching?

there is a place where i am at called Hanger Lake hanger here in Las Cruces NM and i was looking for information on it, but cant find any free newspaper archieves for this area

not sure maybe ill try that

I actually found a lot on the alleged haunting on Hangerlake road in Las Cruces. I guess you're looking for actual newspaper reports tho, eh?

I actually found a lot on the alleged haunting on Hangerlake road in Las Cruces. I guess you're looking for actual newspaper reports tho, eh?

Yes i have read the reports about the haunting but some of the sensitives in the group say they feel like someone died/ got murdered there? but they cant find any information on anything that happened there.

Yes i have read the reports about the haunting but some of the sensitives in the group say they feel like someone died/ got murdered there? but they cant find any information on anything that happened there.

I'll try to help. I'm pretty good at online research, however, you might just have to toddle down to the library/archives/police department to do some physical research!

I'll try to help. I'm pretty good at online research, however, you might just have to toddle down to the library/archives/police department to do some physical research!

I know lol just need to go down there but thank you alot for your help

Is it a military base? Those records tend to be sealed. The city planner's office will have a history of the land, who's owned it and such. Dept. of County records/ Sherrif's Dept. can help determine if anything significant has happened at the county level. Any state level survey of the land should be accesible through the library, but you may have to go to the main Metro library in NM.

If you re aware that a murder occured there, you can get reports through the Freedom of Infirmation Act (FOIA), through the local police department.

Edited by Cloudshill

Havecyou tried calling the place? Or write them and ask for any documentation they may be able to provide?

Havecyou tried calling the place? Or write them and ask for any documentation they may be able to provide?

It is abandon, and i do not know who is in ownership of the property

You can check th county tax appraisal records to find the owner...

Break in, and when the cops come, ask them who the owner is. (Just kidding, don't do this.)

City records should have this. Also, when work is done on a place, a permit must be filed. I found this: http://www.las-cruces.org/ It could help point you in a direction.

Also, here in Canada, we have the Wrigley or Henderson Directories. It is a directory that is over 100 years old and they are searchable by reverse addresses, or the person's name. I don't know if you have anything similar.

Free newspaper articles are not going to yield much in the way of history. Archived information takes time and money to put online, so this is likely not going to help. University, archives and research type websites usually list the fonds (accumulated documents) though.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to kind of dig this up, but did you find anything out? I used to live in El Paso/ Las Cruces and I've been searching for info on hangerlake hangar for forever to no avail

Edited by patchrik

• 7 years later...