Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

would it upset you if you learned .....

Lt_Ripley

would it bother you if ...........  

29 members have voted

1. 1. God didn't care about religious beliefs at all and or what you followed ?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. that what your particular belief system deemed as 'sin' God could care less about ?

• yes
    • no

I was curious to see how out of the box those who belong to a religious institution would go in there thinking about God if God indeed was different than how they were taught to believe . of course this fits the more strict religious devotees.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• Agent. Mulder

• Dying Seraph

• IrishAidan07

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"No" to both. I recognize that the Bible was written by man. Do I believe it was influenced by God? Yes. But we have to remember that man, not God, authored it, and you can be sure all of his prejudice, favoritism, and personal likes and dislikes were well in mind.

no to both i guess. but thats mainly because i dont believe in Any god, in Any religion.

so it probably doesnt help much in this particular case though.

"No" to both. I recognize that the Bible was written by man. Do I believe it was influenced by God? Yes. But we have to remember that man, not God, authored it, and you can be sure all of his prejudice, favoritism, and personal likes and dislikes were well in mind.

No to both Lt. Rip...These are my sentiments as well as so wonderfully put by IrishA...

If God found my path wrong I would shudder to imagine at what he thinks of those that follow "his/her" path, whatever it be with the acts we have all commited in our lifetime. As beasts with an ego we are the destroyers of ourselves. In this sense I think God is okay with Satanists in the sense that they know who they are. Whereas many religious folk put on an act one or two days a week then go home and live their regular sinful lives. I would imagine that this front or act would anger God more than a Satanist who openly embraces sin and it's destructive/fullfilling/stark/pleasurable etc. nature.

Nice topic! I look forward to others opinions on this matter.

:devil:

I voted no on both. God is God whether or not He agrees with my personal views. I wouldn't mind if I found out that God is different then how I currently know Him. I don't see any reason why I should be bothered by His being different then how I currently see Him. I am not so arrogant to assume that I have it all correct and that I know so much the God must agree with me.

I don't think it would upset me if God didn't care about my religious beliefs, but it would upset me if God didn't care about how we lived and treated each other. It would show God really doesn't care at all about how we behave and lauds Hitler or the Inquisition just as much as he/she/it/they would laud Mother Teresa or the soup kitchens for the homeless. What kind of parent-figure would not care about our actions?

For the second question, if it turned out that something I deemed as "sin" but God didn't care about, that wouldn't really worry me, unless this God considered "loving others" as sin, which again would upset me - my God makes Loving others a command, not a choice. Which means I have to work harder to love everyone, especially those that would be considered my enemies. But if the creator truly said, "hate everyone", that would upset me. But if it was something like, "God doesn't care if you have sex before marriage", then it wouldn't upset me and wouldn't really change my mind.

So I guess i can't really answer the poll since it depends on exactly what we are talking about.

~ Regards,

Those are hard questions to answer, because i know god cares about me personally. I also know that the rules he has made for me to follow are made from this care and love, for my protection, so i would be suprised if he turned round and said he didnt care, or the laws didnt matter.

If he said. "Look sorry mate, youve misinterpreted this bit", and explained why, then id take him at his word ( he often does that anyway)

A relationship with, and understanding of, god is a constantly evolving and developing thing at all times.

I guess i would be upset that i had misunderstood god and hadnt been living as he wished me to, but both he and i can understand this happening, given our different physical natures and the limited capacity to communicate effectively due to this. All god really asks of us ,is that we do our best, to the limits of our understanding and perception, to live as he asks us to live.

For the rest he makes allowances. Christians call it god's grace, but it could go by many names.

Edited by Mr Walker

Good questions.

My answers: No to both.

I haven't even seen the proverbial box in years. :D

To be differnt i clicked YES to both LMAO :lol: sorry ripley lol

To be serious though...God is big enough for everyone regardless who you are..........I don't follow the bible for personally I don't believe God had any part in it...I just believe there is a god..

I think with him being almighty he understands the human mind and created us all to be FREE THINKERS..so he knows that not all will believe in something they cant see or hear...

Like...IE - Ghosts <---not many can see or hear them so will not believe...nuff said

No and yes.

Most likely the first is the case. There are many paths to God and most likely what they all have in common is being good of heart and uplifting others instead of tearing them down intentionally. Many 'paths' might have unnecessary things along the road but as long as we continue in the right direction those things will not truly hurt us. Just be sure to keep going and not stop along the road.

As for the second, yes, it would deeply concern me as well if I found out that my beliefs were against God. To be honest though it would take God to show me and not some other person whose agenda is to prove to others God does not exist or not in the way I believe.

Edited by Rosewin

No and no, I don't think the Gods do care what religion you follow. Just do right by yourself and others.

interesting , , I myself didn't vote , but no on both would be mine. I find it interesting the answers or reactions we see when confronted with the real possibility of a facet of God that some don't count on seeing. when it doesn't jibe with our personal view .

If God were petty and vengeful and had strict guidelines ? I'd have to say thanks but no thanks. I myself need something bigger than that. It would IMO keep God restrained and limited to man's opinion.