Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parents lose custody of Nazi-named children

aflac duck

Link

Three New Jersey siblings whose names have Nazi connotations have been placed in the custody of the state, police said Wednesday.

Holland Township Police Sgt. John Harris said workers from the state Division of Youth and Family Services removed 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell and his younger sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, from their home Tuesday.

Harris said family services did not tell police the reason the children were removed. Agency spokeswoman Kate Bernyk said it does not comment on specific cases.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karlis

• MissMelsWell

• OldTimeRadio

• Set the Fallen

Link

Three New Jersey siblings whose names have Nazi connotations have been placed in the custody of the state, police said Wednesday.

Holland Township Police Sgt. John Harris said workers from the state Division of Youth and Family Services removed 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell and his younger sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, from their home Tuesday.

Harris said family services did not tell police the reason the children were removed. Agency spokeswoman Kate Bernyk said it does not comment on specific cases.

LOL gee I wonder what the parents could have possibly done to warrent such a thing :wacko:

If the parents are stupid enough to give the children nazi names, and all of the problems that will go along with that; what else are they doing?

Idiots. Of course to be that big a fan of Hitler, you cant really be that sharp to begin with, so...probably best off if they aren't burdened with the trouble of breathing, walking, and raising kids at the same time.

I wonder if anyone has undertaken a study of these parents who choose awful attention-seeking names to inflict on their kids.

Maybe a form of Muchhausen Whatsisname Proxy as the result is certainly going to be the kids getting duffed up throughout their whole school life, poor little sods <_<

I wanted to name my kid James Tiberius, I even wrote it on the birth certificate, but in Illinois the mother has final say on the name, she changed it and yelled at me. <_<

I have mixed feelings about this, I agree Hitler was a nuttjob, badguy. I agree naming your kid after him is a bad thing to do, BUT the state can take your child because THEYdont like the name? Isn't that what Hitler's government represented?

I wanted to name my kid James Tiberius, I even wrote it on the birth certificate, but in Illinois the mother has final say on the name, she changed it and yelled at me. <_<

I have mixed feelings about this, I agree Hitler was a nuttjob, badguy. I agree naming your kid after him is a bad thing to do, BUT the state can take your child because THEYdont like the name? Isn't that what Hitler's government represented?

That may not be the whole story. I doubt it is...

thank gawd I was born in MO then :P My mother wanted to name me Celestial Jewel and my dad vetoed that vehemently.

That may not be the whole story. I doubt it is...

I seriously hope so. But undisclosed reasons is not sitting well with me. EVERY day you hear about kids being taken away because of child abuse, neglect, ect.. The Social services love to let everybody in the world know that the parent(s) in question are a specific kind of jerk, and a certain act(s) was commited, undisclosed reasons to me is something they can say to justify thier actions. I sincerely hope more than just bad judgment on a name has been committed for the kids to be taken by the state.

reading that last sentence...man that sounds bad. I dont mean I want the kids to be abused. Ugh I hate reading about bad things happening to little kids.

thank gawd I was born in MO then :P My mother wanted to name me Celestial Jewel and my dad vetoed that vehemently.

I dont know, you kinda look like a Celestial to me. :innocent:

My wife's grandma real, full maiden name was Ruby Jewels Littlefeather. Tell me that wasn't messed up :D

I dont know, you kinda look like a Celestial to me. :innocent:

My wife's grandma real, full maiden name was Ruby Jewels Littlefeather. Tell me that wasn't messed up :D

I'll give you celestial :P

Littlefeather? Indian then? I've got a great great something or other with the last name Cakebread.... I like Littlefeather better :P Ruby Jewels is a bit much though ;)

I'll give you celestial :P

Littlefeather? Indian then? I've got a great great something or other with the last name Cakebread.... I like Littlefeather better :P Ruby Jewels is a bit much though ;)

cherokee. She's was half irish/half indian hillbilly, from the Arkansas/Tennessee boarder during bootlegging days.

:lol::lol: Nyx, made me laugh you did. Celestial Jewel is really pretty, it's just that whole thing that it's you who has to live with it hey. I can imagine it would suit you tho :D

Years ago in the 80s I had a housemate whose nephew who was called Rainbow Cloud. I felt so, so sorry for the poor little lad :o

Don't a lot of kids grow up and change their names by deed poll in the end? Zowie Bowie is now Joe. Satchell (Mia & Woody's sprog) has changed his to something 'normal'.

Years ago in the 80s I had a housemate whose nephew who was called Rainbow Cloud. I felt so, so sorry for the poor little lad :o

On Stargate Atlantis, one of the characters real name was Rainbow Sun Franks...

On the other end of the spectrum was one of my best friends in high school...his last name was Zipper...first name...wait for it... Harry. No lie.

Moral of the story is to never agree to name your kids after grandparents until you are sure what the surname is... :tu:

On the other end of the spectrum was one of my best friends in high school...his last name was Zipper...first name...wait for it... Harry. No lie.

Moral of the story is to never agree to name your kids after grandparents until you are sure what the surname is... :tu:

Oh bless, that's a very unfortunate combination :no:

Very wise words about name choosing as there are some lethal surnames out there :lol::lol:

probably took 'em away because they ar being used as a publicity stunt, or something to that affect.

Something that they can't claim 'cause that would be heavily contested in court due to a suit of slander.

Giving, of o' course, the parents even more publicity.

If the parents are stupid enough to give the children nazi names, and all of the problems that will go along with that; what else are they doing?

Idiots. Of course to be that big a fan of Hitler, you cant really be that sharp to begin with, so...probably best off if they aren't burdened with the trouble of breathing, walking, and raising kids at the same time.

Couldn't they have just used their heads and named them like this -

Tom Adolf Hitler Cruise.

(Soz Tom Cruise if you're reading)

I mean come on naming your Kid after the Fuhrer is going to get them a life of grief. I bet Social Services is currently teaching them how to keep their arms by their sides lol.

I bet Social Services is currently teaching them how to keep their arms by their sides lol.

:o:lol::lol::tu: Naughty, but made me spit my tea out laughing :lol:

after the whole thing about the cake name being posted awhile ago, i just saw this coming, almost like a premontition.

Its kinda sad but its the best thing that could probably have happened to those kids social future lives. But on another note it is a bit disriminatory for the kids to be taken away without an officialy stated reason.

Can the state do anything about the names ?

i doubt the state could change their names without a legal gaurdian. But they could probably get the kids to sign for it if the state got them to not want their names