Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parents lose custody of Nazi-named children

aflac duck

Is it? That's the question, and you may be right. But does the CPS have the right to investigate parents' legal actions?

Don't misunderstand me. I regard what the parents did as evil. But being evil is NOT against the Law. We have Law courts in this country. We don't have Moral courts.

What I am saying is that we dont have the whole picture. There could be drugs in the home, child abuse, sexual abuse, any number of things, but the ball got rolling because of the name on the cake and the news stories about them. You dont know what became of the initial contact. If they were in the store and the mom got all riled up and slapped a rowdy kid around while she was upset with the store manager for not making the cake; that is all it takes to start an investigation.

The names are secondary to the actual problem. They arent going to be holding the kids for something legal. Be it drugs, child abuse, whatever the case may be, the news story about the cake and the nazi names just got the ball rolling and the investigation started. It likely has little to do with the nazi life, but something illegal that they are doing...

It could have just as easily been the next door neighbor calling in and saying "I think my neighbor is using drugs in front of his kids and slaps them around pretty hard and I am worried about their welfare" and a person from cps would show up to check out the living conditions.

They are doing an investigation right now which is why they arent commenting, they will say something more when/if they are going to charge the parents.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karlis

• MissMelsWell

• OldTimeRadio

• Set the Fallen

If they were in the store and the mom got all riled up and slapped a rowdy kid around while she was upset with the store manager for not making the cake; that is all it takes to start an investigation.

If anything such as that transpired you are of couse correct.

You realise that you would have just disqualified yourself from jury duty, if called to serve on one? B)

What do you now say the odds are that the only reason the kids were officially kidnapped was because of the way some civil servant viewed the birthday cake incident?

Karlis

Can I add its probably a civil servant who is black, gay, Jewish or born with birth defects.

(There fear Nazism)

Can I add its probably a civil servant who is black, gay, Jewish or born with birth defects.

(There fear Nazism)

No, I don't think that computes. In my opinion it simply could be that someone with authority exercised authority ... but "possibly" not exercising wisdom.

Only time will tell,

Karlis

(There fear Nazism)

Are you aware that one of the top-dog Nazis, Hitler's pal Propaganda Minister Dr. Josef Paul Goebbels, had a clubbed foot?

Are you aware that one of the top-dog Nazis, Hitler's pal Propaganda Minister Dr. Josef Paul Goebbels, had a clubbed foot?

Any evidence for that?

Hitler’s Mom Speaks Out, Defies Court Order

By Vince Lattanzio

NBCPhiladelphia.com

updated 1:18 p.m. ET Jan. 20, 2009

… Not sure when she will be able to see her kids again, Deborah [Campbell] decided to break a judge’s gag order and make a public plea for the return of her children.

"They belong home with their mother and father. They don’t belong out there in a stranger’s home," Campbell told NBC10’s Mike Strug Monday night.

… In an interview with the New York Times, The Campbell's landlord Larry Lippincot said he would hear the kids playing late into the night and that the family would often argue with a family member who "threatened to firebomb the house:"

"Mr. Lippincott said he had decided — before the cake incident — not to renew the Campbells’ lease when it expired in November because, he said, a relative they frequently argue with threatened to “firebomb the house.” He expects to begin eviction proceedings soon. “They’re not destroying anything, the house is clean and they pay their rent on time,” he said. But, he added, “There comes a point when you say, ‘Enough is enough.’”

It is not clear if these circumstances have any bearing on DYFS' decision, but Deborah has her own theory. She believes the childrens' names are to blame.

"The names, I believe are the problems. But they just don’t want to come out and say that,” Campbell said.

The couple has defended the names of their children saying they reserve the right to name the kids whatever they like.

“A name is a name,” Heath Campbell said last December.

Jeanne Coverdale, the kid’s aunt, offered an analogy to people who feel the names are in bad taste.

“What about tomorrow night when the President of the United States stands up and say, is forced to say, my name is Barack Hussein Obama. How’s that going to hit the world?” Coverdale said. "I'm saying the one with the middle name he has, was a terrorist.”

Coverdale says it’s “no different” than having a name like Adolf Hitler.

Deborah insists they are not part of the Aryan Nation or fans of what Hitler is famous for and said the swastika tattoo her husband displays on his arm is simply art.

The Campbells are asking for an attorney to help them fight to bring the children home.

“We would like you to please help us get my three innocent children back.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28743299/

Deborah insists they are not part of the Aryan Nation or fans of what Hitler is famous for and said the swastika tattoo her husband displays on his arm is simply art.

...Didn't they call one of their kids "Aryan Nation"?...

Any evidence for that?

I belive it's fairly well accepted. I was taught it in Catholic grade school, public high school and again in college.

Thank-god i live in a country where it is ILLEGAL to call your children an offensive or rude name :)

...Didn't they call one of their kids "Aryan Nation"?...

Yes they did. Here is a URL for that: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28743299/

... Officials from the NJ Division of Youth and Family Services took the children -- Adolf Hitler Campbell, 3, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, 1, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, who will turn 1 in April – from the Campbell’s home in Milford, N.J. last Tuesday, ...

Karlis

Personally, I think a name is a name. I am highly opposed to their ideology, but a name doesn't hurt anyone. However, it was a pretty stupid thing to call a kid :hmm:

There has got to be way more to this then is being told. As a Youth Worker, I know that a lot of stuff about people home life cannot be put into media reports (breach of confidentiality and all that) so it is hard to say if they were taken away because of the names. Which I don't think they were. If I was going to take someone away because they were called Adolf Hitler, I would've done it not long after the child was born, not wait 3 years...

I can't believe people still think these kids got taken away because of their names.
Hi Aquatus, it's still early days. So far, nothing seems to have come up on any News outlet regarding this case. My guess is that it will take weeks or months before the story unfolds.

BTW, are you making any guesses as to possible *reasons* the kids were "kidnapped" through Court Orders?

Cheers,

Karlis

Hitler’s Mom Speaks Out, Defies Court Order

By Vince Lattanzio

NBCPhiladelphia.com

updated 1:18 p.m. ET Jan. 20, 2009

… In an interview with the New York Times, The Campbell's landlord Larry Lippincot said he would hear the kids playing late into the night and that the family would often argue with a family member who "threatened to firebomb the house:"

"Mr. Lippincott said he had decided — before the cake incident — not to renew the Campbells’ lease when it expired in November because, he said, a relative they frequently argue with threatened to “firebomb the house.” He expects to begin eviction proceedings soon. “They’re not destroying anything, the house is clean and they pay their rent on time,” he said. But, he added, “There comes a point when you say, ‘Enough is enough.’”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28743299/

This part of the article you posted, Karlis, seems to answer the question. CPS said that they believed the children were in imminent danger. The landlord evidently felt his property was in danger or he wouldn't have decided not to renew their lease. If I were to guess I'd say that it was probably a lot worse than the article makes it seem. Anyone, especially a relative, that would frequently threaten to firebomb the house, knowing there are children in the house, are irrational and uncontrolable. That, in itself, is enough.

Edited by Michelle

BTW, are you making any guesses as to possible *reasons* the kids were "kidnapped" through Court Orders?

If I had to make a guess, I would say that the children were not in a safe environment. The parents were about to lose their lease, they had threats made on them, that in and of itself would cause alarm. And to that that the children's health and well-being might be a risk, such as letting them stay up all night to the point that the neighbors felt the need to report it, may play a part as well.

And it's pretty hard to take a parent seriously when they name their children with Nazi related monikers, have Nazi paraphenalia around the house, and then claim the swastika on the arm is art. That is the same type of weak argument you hear from high school children, when a kid threatens to sue another for emotional damage. If the maturity level of the parents is in question, that would be another black mark.

These sorts of cases are not judged on a piecemeal basis. Any one of these charges could be dismissed depending on the context. When too many of them are present at any given time, however, one cannot claim that the environment is stable.

I'm still holding on to my theory that when they do the indepth investigation on these people they're going to find firearms violations, among other things. The fact that the uncle is threatening to fire bomb the house on a regular basis, that the landlord was throwing them out before all this; I'm guessing weapons charges aren't far behind. It seems to be the natural progression of events for the NeoNazi groups.

I've only known one NeoNazi in my life (my misfortune) luckily he's doing life in prison for transporting plastic explosives. He was convicted on domestic terrorism charges.

These people are dangerous in a stupid way. We can't round 'em up and shake sense into them, because the do and should have rights, but they bare a little extra watching.

This is a case with some cirrcumstancial evidence, with some prior complaints by neighbors and a landlord. Social Services is acting on the premise of better safe than sorry at this point. They may do their full investigation and find that everything is ok and return the kids. But if they didn't do what they did... and one of those kids was harmed or died, we'd all be screaming how stupid DSHS is that they didn't act when they got the first complaint. I'm not fan of social serivces, they make a lot of mistakes, but they are also in a no-win unenviable position.

Edited by MissMelsWell

Thank-god i live in a country where it is ILLEGAL to call your children an offensive or rude name :)

But who makes the decision as to what is an offensive name? Over the decades I've met many Northernmost Americans who believe that it is "blasphemous" to name a child "Jesus," yet it is possibly the most common male name in Spanish-language countries.

• 1 month later...

It's now been more than eight weeks since the children were taken from their parents. Nothing new seems to have developed since then, and a court ruling is still pending.

Sure will be interesting to what the whole story involves,

Karlis

-=-=-

Posted on Thu, Mar. 12, 2009

No ruling in case of kids with Nazi-themed names

DAVID PORTER

The Associated Press

FLEMINGTON, N.J. - A court hearing to determine custody for three children with Nazi-inspired names failed to yield a decision Thursday, leaving the matter still unresolved.

The parents of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell and two younger sisters had hoped to regain custody of the children, who were removed from their home in Holland Township in western New Jersey in January and placed in foster care.

Heath and Deborah Campbell left state Superior Court in Hunterdon County on Thursday without speaking to reporters, but attorney Pasquale Giannetta said he was hopeful the children would be returned to their parents.

"I'm pretty confident," he said. "We took a step forward today. As long as it goes in the right direction, they'll have the children back."

Due to privacy rules governing family court matters, Giannetta said he was not allowed to discuss what occurred in the hearing before state Superior Court Judge Peter Buchsbaum.

But he said Buchsbaum increased the Campbells' visitation from one day per week to three. The visits last about 90 minutes, according to Giannetta.

It was not immediately clear when Buchsbaum would hear the case again.

Representatives of the Division of Youth and Family Services, who are forbidden by agency policy to discuss individual cases publicly, also did not comment outside the courthouse.

Heath Campbell has said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name."

The family made headlines in December when a supermarket refused to decorate a birthday cake with their son's name.

DYFS removed Adolf and younger sisters JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell from the home in January.

DYFS officials have not said why the children were removed. Heath Campbell believes the removal was prompted by the publicity surrounding their names.

"They said it's not about the newspaper articles, but they took them because of their name , I don't care what anybody says," Campbell told The Associated Press in January.

Campbell also told the AP that the state was relying on unproven accusations made by a neighbor and by an ex-wife who charged him with abusing her years ago.

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news...hemednames.html

Well, if a neighbor is saying that the guy is abusing the kids...well that is how a lot of these cases start. The neighbors are close enough, and around enough to see when bad things happen, so they are the ones who make a lot of the reports. Have to wait and see if they can back it up elsewhere, or with the kids themselves, otherwise little adolph is going to end up going back to the idiot nazi fan.

Personally I think if you are so stupid as to name your child adolph hitler, that should be an insta-red flag to losing your kids. You want to be a fan of one of the evilest men of all time; knock yourself out. You want to name you kid after him and get the beatup and treated poorly on a regular basis for the rest of his life ASSURING him a poor quality of life? sorry you are too stupid to be a parent. Adoptive parents here we come...

All I can say is girlfriend needs a little lipstick & blush and her & her hubby could use a good hair washing an thorough brushing. If their home inside looked anything like these 2 unkempt slobs no wonder they took the kids.

Neither one of these parents look too blonde, tall & muscular/athletic to me, more like geeky & dumpy, mousy haired, pasty Caucasians with little or no self direction in life (followers, like anyone who gets tangled up in any gang lifestyle).

Some people should not be allowed to spawn.

EDIT:

Agree w/ FluffyBunny's quote above as well.

Edited by BlondiGeist

• 2 months later...

It's been a long time since Deborah and Heath Campbell (and their children) have been in the news. Hers is an 'update', without any real new facts added, except that it has been some five months since their kids were taken from then -- and still no resolution in sight.

Aunt of 'Hitler' kids says she's afraid they will be put up for adoption

WILSON, Penn. (NBC NEWS) - Little Adolf Hitler Campbell's future may be shaped by two huge events he had no control over: the name his parents gave him and the day last December when a grocery store refused to put that name on his birthday cake.

Is it normal for cases like this to take so long to resolve?

Karlis

I find this pretty messed up actually. I don't agree with Nazi value's, but to find the parents unfit to raise children because they used unpopular historical names is ridiculous.

But who makes the decision as to what is an offensive name? Over the decades I've met many Northernmost Americans who believe that it is "blasphemous" to name a child "Jesus," yet it is possibly the most common male name in Spanish-language countries.

over here that is not an offensive name. when i say an offensive name i am refering to a swear, gang affiliations and in this case neo-nazi names. :)

<QueenoftheFairies>