Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
aflac duck

Parents lose custody of Nazi-named children

131 posts in this topic

Karlis

Custody battle over Adolf Hitler Campbell, siblings continues in Hunterdon County - UPDATE

By Associated Press

April 22, 2010, 5:46PM

Heath and Deborah Campbell's three small children were removed from their Hunterdon County home by the state in January 2009, not long after a supermarket refused to decorate a birthday cake for Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Deborah Campbell and attorney Pat Giannetta attended a hearing today at family court in Hunterdon County.

A judge kept a gag order in place, and the parties didn't discuss the hearing. State child services officials have declined to discuss the case, citing confidentiality laws.

Adolf Hitler Campbell and siblings JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell have been in foster care.

Kazahel

Adolf Hitler Campbell and siblings JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell have been in foster care.

So to help these kids they took them away from their parents and placed them into foster care. :wacko: Hmm.

I understand naming your kid after long ago dead nazis is maybe not the best idea but considering its legal to join groups like the KKK then I think its alittle twisted.

Like are people who are in the KKK allowed to have children and bring them up in that environment? Because if they are allowed then I dont see what is so wrong with naming your children after 'dead nazis'.

Edited by Kazahel

susieice

What will happen when these kids grow up and understand the meanings behind their names? Are these people thinking of what the children will feel then? How would you feel?

Karlis

What will happen when these kids grow up and understand the meanings behind their names? Are these people thinking of what the children will feel then? How would you feel?

I'm wondering why it has taken a year for the Courts to reach this position in their considerations -- where the Courts still do not seem to have reached agreement as to why the children were removed from their parents.

It should be interesting to read the Court's final judgement on this case.

Karlis

OldTimeRadio

Can somebody explain what is supposed to be "Nazi" about "Honszlynn Hinler"? I've never heard the first name before and the surname only extremely rarely. (Don't confuse "Hinler" with "Himmler.")

Mr.United_Nations

is this a cover up?

Purplos
I'm wondering why it has taken a year for the Courts to reach this position in their considerations

Having dealt with NJ family court for my ex-husband in the past, that is just how long family court takes here in NJ. It is infernally slow.

Set the Fallen

Gez... how lame.

So it is really a name that is evil? Hitler was sick, why blame the name? Who care what they name their child, it's not like the past will decided the future. Gawd. Really, people are so "overpowered" by their own damn power. It's because of such injustice they named the kids those name, to show the world that the future is different. People are really stupid.

I hope they get their kids back, because the only "wrong" they have done the children is naming them those names, and it is hardly justice to steal children because of this.

MissMelsWell

Gez... how lame.

So it is really a name that is evil? Hitler was sick, why blame the name? Who care what they name their child, it's not like the past will decided the future. Gawd. Really, people are so "overpowered" by their own damn power. It's because of such injustice they named the kids those name, to show the world that the future is different. People are really stupid.

I hope they get their kids back, because the only "wrong" they have done the children is naming them those names, and it is hardly justice to steal children because of this.

I don't think it was just the kids names... if you read the articles you'll see that their landlord had decided not to renew their lease on their rental home because of the loud, frequent, and disruptive fights in the home, including the threats from other family members and friends that they were going to firebomb the family. While the names are unfortunate, there's more going on in this household than just some really bad names. People who were friends and family were threatening to FIREBOMB them... this can't be a safe environment for children. And it at least warrents investigation.

Think of it this way... let's say the kids weren't removed and the article we were reading was about 3 kids with some seriously questionable names who were killed in an intentionally set housefire--you'd be SCREAMING as to why CPS didn't remove those children when someone made the first call about them regarding their names and didn't investigate the children's homelife. CPS is damned if they do, and damned if they don't... so they're erring on the side of caution. The right side to err on.

And, don't you find it rather interesting that NO friends of the family are coming forward to vouch for what awesome parents they are? None. There's obviously a problem in that home that extends well beyond those children's names.

Edited by MissMelsWell

Michelle

I sometimes wonder if people bother to read threads or try to get all of the facts available before commenting.

Just because people are biologically able to have kids doesn't mean they are automatically competent to raise them.

Sweetpumper

Just because people are biologically able to have kids doesn't mean they are automatically competent to raise them.

Worse, I think that may be the majority of people.

Michelle

Worse, I think that may be the majority of people.

I don't think it's that drastic...but it's pretty bad.

Set the Fallen

I don't think it was just the kids names... if you read the articles you'll see that their landlord had decided not to renew their lease on their rental home because of the loud, frequent, and disruptive fights in the home, including the threats from other family members and friends that they were going to firebomb the family. While the names are unfortunate, there's more going on in this household than just some really bad names. People who were friends and family were threatening to FIREBOMB them... this can't be a safe environment for children. And it at least warrents investigation.

Think of it this way... let's say the kids weren't removed and the article we were reading was about 3 kids with some seriously questionable names who were killed in an intentionally set housefire--you'd be SCREAMING as to why CPS didn't remove those children when someone made the first call about them regarding their names and didn't investigate the children's homelife. CPS is damned if they do, and damned if they don't... so they're erring on the side of caution. The right side to err on.

And, don't you find it rather interesting that NO friends of the family are coming forward to vouch for what awesome parents they are? None. There's obviously a problem in that home that extends well beyond those children's names.

The Kids name is not question able. It's only their oldest son name that "is" "question able".

There are lots of people named Adolf around the world and even Hitler. Are they so horrible? =.=

Anyways, I don't think I read that in the article about firebombs and screaming. I suppose it can be a cover up to make it more or less interesting for people to follow up on it. I mean, was it posted later that about fire bombs? AFTER the kids was taken?

To me it only seems like they want to create a reason to make it accepted that they ****ing steal their children. <_<

I do not believe it, because if that was the case the children would have been taken long ago. But when they went public about their son not getting his name on a cake, it is suddenly "these kids come with us and we won't tell you why". Then to cover it up so people and media will lose interest in this they pay the landlord to say some lies. I bet "no friends" come forth, because they are as shallow as the rest of the world or that media only wants to look at it from one perspective. It can even be that they are forced to stay away.

I only find this question able as the story unfolded AFTER they went public about some lousy birthday cake.

To me it seams the child service did not know what they had named their children AND THEN THEY WENT "oh".

Set the Fallen

“We would like you to please help us get my three innocent children back.”

<b>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28743299/</b>

IF this link is suppose to tell about the "fire bomb landlore trow them out" thing, then it is a problem.

IT CAN NOT BE FOUND ON THEIR SITE. Bad joke in other words...

Set the Fallen

Don't misunderstand me. I regard what the parents did as evil. But being evil is <b><u><i>NOT</b></u></i> against the Law. We have Law courts in this country. We <i>don't</i> have <i>Moral</i> courts.

Your no god to judge what evil and what is good. :alien:

IF you see one thing as good it does not mean others will perceive it good. They can perceive you as evil in doing so. Your own personal "goodness" and "evilness" is not what other always will accept.

I for one say you are evil because you sit on a high horse thinking you know everything thus allowing yourself to spit out words like that.

But this does not mean it IS true. Don't judge people you don't know.

Sweetpumper

I don't think it's that drastic...but it's pretty bad.

Have you not been to Wal-Mart lately?

MissMelsWell

The Kids name is not question able. It's only their oldest son name that "is" "question able".

There are lots of people named Adolf around the world and even Hitler. Are they so horrible? =.=

Anyways, I don't think I read that in the article about firebombs and screaming. I suppose it can be a cover up to make it more or less interesting for people to follow up on it. I mean, was it posted later that about fire bombs? AFTER the kids was taken?

To me it only seems like they want to create a reason to make it accepted that they ****ing steal their children. disgust.gif

I do not believe it, because if that was the case the children would have been taken long ago. But when they went public about their son not getting his name on a cake, it is suddenly "these kids come with us and we won't tell you why". Then to cover it up so people and media will lose interest in this they pay the landlord to say some lies. I bet "no friends" come forth, because they are as shallow as the rest of the world or that media only wants to look at it from one perspective. It can even be that they are forced to stay away.

I only find this question able as the story unfolded AFTER they went public about some lousy birthday cake.

To me it seams the child service did not know what they had named their children AND THEN THEY WENT "oh".

So you think that the boy's name is the only one that's questionable? The little sister's name JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell didn't raise a red flag?

And now it's a conspiracy that someone in CPS PAID the landlord to tell lies? LOL. That's really stretching it. (note, CPS doesn't have the spare change to go around paying people off, they operate at a terrible budget deficit in most cases already)

You neatly avoided my question regarding how you'd feel if these children were harmed and CPS was notified of the potential for a problem in the home, combined with the childrens names, and never did anything about it. I quite certain you'd be HOLLERING about why someone didn't do something the first time CPS was alerted.

CPS is in an uneviable position here. They can't talk about the case at all since it's ongoing, they have very little budget... I'm sure if the household was peachy keen they'd quietly send them back home to their loving parents and get those costly children off the state's back. But, that doesn't seem to be happening which must mean that there's more here than meets the eye. And with names like Adolf Hitler and little Aryan Nation there, I'm pretty sure there's more than meets the eye and it's being investigated. Better safe than sorry.

CPS has enough unprotected children's blood on their hands because they DIDN'T investigate... it's good to see they ARE this time.

HollyDolly

Can somebody explain what is supposed to be "Nazi" about "Honszlynn Hinler"? I've never heard the first name before and the surname only extremely rarely. (Don't confuse "Hinler" with "Himmler.")

Never heard of the name Honszlynn,doesn't sound like any german names I know.Think it's one they made up.

never heard of Hinler, though I might Google the name for kicks. I wonder though if maybe the parents weren't trying to spell Himmler for heinrich Himmler,and it wound up coming out Hinler.

Nothing the matter with the Adolf part of the little boys name.It's a name found in Germany and Austria long before Hitler came along.My dad had a cousin with the name Adolf.He and his family way back in the 1920s came over to visit their american cousins. Now the Hitler part is different.William Hitler, Adolf's nephew later moved to the US and had a couple of sons. The family changed their bname, because they didn't want any association with Uncle Adolf.

There's a lot we don't know, but i hope the kids get taken in by some good people,if even for a little while.They are the ones really suffering here.

MissMelsWell

Never heard of the name Honszlynn,doesn't sound like any german names I know.Think it's one they made up.

never heard of Hinler, though I might Google the name for kicks. I wonder though if maybe the parents weren't trying to spell Himmler for heinrich Himmler,and it wound up coming out Hinler.

Nothing the matter with the Adolf part of the little boys name.It's a name found in Germany and Austria long before Hitler came along.My dad had a cousin with the name Adolf.He and his family way back in the 1920s came over to visit their american cousins. Now the Hitler part is different.William Hitler, Adolf's nephew later moved to the US and had a couple of sons. The family changed their bname, because they didn't want any association with Uncle Adolf.

There's a lot we don't know, but i hope the kids get taken in by some good people,if even for a little while.They are the ones really suffering here.

Actually, I have an uncle Adolf technically, I think he's my great-great uncle. Never thought too much about it, he's like 97 today. Nice guy, nothing wrong with the first name at all in my opinion, it's German and that's not a crime... in fact, for short it's "Dolph" which is a rather nice name. However, pairing Aldof with Hitler as first and middle names is a poor choice. Not one punishable by law I don't think (at least not in the USA), but you can't name your kids Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation and not expect people to raise their eyebrows and question your parenting motivations and methods. And if they're surprised they're having problems... they're damn stupid. People are going to automatically assue you are a neo-nazi at worst, or a separatist at best. Technically, THAT'S not against hte law either, but the real problem comes with the fact that the vast majority of these groups DO break local, state and federal laws, often in regards to firearms and other hate crimes. They bear watching. They really do. Perhaps Im more sensitive than most people. I live in an area where KKK and neo-nazi organizations are fairly common. They're not easy neighbors to have.

Set the Fallen

So you think that the boy's name is the only one that's questionable? The little sister's name JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell didn't raise a red flag?

And now it's a conspiracy that someone in CPS PAID the landlord to tell lies? LOL. That's really stretching it. (note, CPS doesn't have the spare change to go around paying people off, they operate at a terrible budget deficit in most cases already)

You neatly avoided my question regarding how you'd feel if these children were harmed and CPS was notified of the potential for a problem in the home, combined with the childrens names, and never did anything about it. I quite certain you'd be HOLLERING about why someone didn't do something the first time CPS was alerted.

CPS is in an uneviable position here. They can't talk about the case at all since it's ongoing, they have very little budget... I'm sure if the household was peachy keen they'd quietly send them back home to their loving parents and get those costly children off the state's back. But, that doesn't seem to be happening which must mean that there's more here than meets the eye. And with names like Adolf Hitler and little Aryan Nation there, I'm pretty sure there's more than meets the eye and it's being investigated. Better safe than sorry.

CPS has enough unprotected children's blood on their hands because they DIDN'T investigate... it's good to see they ARE this time.

IF you noticed my reply right bellow the one you reply to you will notice my reply to the "firebomber" stuff.

There I clearly state that it is a fraud and a lie as it does not exist on their news site. Wonder why THAT is? Perhaps it is just a lie?

Anyways, when it comes to it I see this as a Nazi way to go about child service.

Taking children because they are named so is like Nazi or racist would do.

IT IS STUPID TO DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT WHEN COME TO FREEDOM OF CHOICE, IT IS LIKE SAYING PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE FREE TO CHOSE!!

But what would I know? I am not a nazi racist scumbag that judge people for choices in their right of freedom..

As I see it, the firebomber prank is already dead, and the real issue is still the name and how they are neglecting peoples freedom by stealing children like they own the god damn world. :angry:

MissMelsWell

IF you noticed my reply right bellow the one you reply to you will notice my reply to the "firebomber" stuff.

There I clearly state that it is a fraud and a lie as it does not exist on their news site. Wonder why THAT is? Perhaps it is just a lie?

Anyways, when it comes to it I see this as a Nazi way to go about child service.

It does exist, did you read ALL the articles posted in this thread? I did. The landlord had decided not to renew their lease PRIOR to CPS coming to interview them, the family had already been notified that their lease would not be renewed.

Taking children because they are named so is like Nazi or racist would do.

IT IS STUPID TO DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT WHEN COME TO FREEDOM OF CHOICE, IT IS LIKE SAYING PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE FREE TO CHOSE!!

But what would I know? I am not a nazi racist scumbag that judge people for choices in their right of freedom..

I never said they had not right... I believe in the USA they DO have that right. However along with rights comes responsibliity. Oh ya THAT!? LOL. If you are going to name your children after hate groups and the most hated man in the known world, you had better take responsibility for the fact that it will raise eyebrows and you may be looked at more closely than other people. This would be why none of us name our daughters Suzie Stripper Hosebag or our sons Rapist Molester Badass. You do that, you are instantly mistrusted by the people that surround you and come into contact with you because your judgement is obviously poor. If you make a poor judgement call, expect to be under the microscope.

As I see it, the firebomber prank is already dead, and the real issue is still the name and how they are neglecting peoples freedom by stealing children like they own the god damn world. mad.gif

I don't think I've seen ANYONE say it's a prank, and I don't think I've seen anyone come forward to vouch for these people as being the worlds most stellar parents. No one. i've been reading all the articles surrounding this case.

I'm about standing up for rights... all about that. However, if you make poor decisions, even if they're technically legal, you'd better be prepared to take responsibility for that. Which might mean having your kids taken away while it's sorted out whether or not your judgement is just deficient in this area or many more.

Sthenno

The only way in which you could fairly argue it's not right to remove children from parents who give them like this would be if you genuinely agreed it was never right to take children away from their parents, period.

To give a child a name like that is tantamount to child abuse; it's just not the same as giving a child a 'wacky' or 'hippy' name... it's intentionally marking them out for abuse and unwanted attention.

MissMelsWell

The only way in which you could fairly argue it's not right to remove children from parents who give them like this would be if you genuinely agreed it was never right to take children away from their parents, period.

To give a child a name like that is tantamount to child abuse; it's just not the same as giving a child a 'wacky' or 'hippy' name... it's intentionally marking them out for abuse and unwanted attention.

I'm going to guess that these kids don't come under that much abuse from other children ... or even other people. I'm going to guess that up until now, these folks are rather insular and keep "to their own kind" where those names are probably hailed as brave, honorable and respected. And let us not forget that those "kind" are under very very careful watch constantly by the FBI and ATF. They made a LEGAL choice to be separatists or neo-nazi's or whatever (although the parents claim they are neither, but I don't believe that for a second)... but they KNOW that they're being watched and they made that choice with that in mind. Those kids didn't get to make a choice, but either way, I'm not sure I know why these parents are so upset... they had to have seen this coming in some form or another. I'm not sure why they're acting so victimized and innocent. They KNEW those kids names would become an issue eventually in some way. Now they're playing dumb? Na-huh... I ain't buyin' it.

Set the Fallen

It does exist, did you read ALL the articles posted in this thread? I did. The landlord had decided not to renew their lease PRIOR to CPS coming to interview them, the family had already been notified that their lease would not be renewed.

I never said they had not right... I believe in the USA they DO have that right. However along with rights comes responsibliity. Oh ya THAT!? LOL. If you are going to name your children after hate groups and the most hated man in the known world, you had better take responsibility for the fact that it will raise eyebrows and you may be looked at more closely than other people. This would be why none of us name our daughters Suzie Stripper Hosebag or our sons Rapist Molester Badass. You do that, you are instantly mistrusted by the people that surround you and come into contact with you because your judgement is obviously poor. If you make a poor judgement call, expect to be under the microscope.

I don't think I've seen ANYONE say it's a prank, and I don't think I've seen anyone come forward to vouch for these people as being the worlds most stellar parents. No one. i've been reading all the articles surrounding this case.

I'm about standing up for rights... all about that. However, if you make poor decisions, even if they're technically legal, you'd better be prepared to take responsibility for that. Which might mean having your kids taken away while it's sorted out whether or not your judgement is just deficient in this area or many more.

When I try to enter that link to the firebomber prank it comes up 404 can not be found, meaning it either does not exist or is removed because it does not add up to reality.

I only find it peculiar they raise eyebrows at such a late time... also, naming a kid Jesus is just the same way as naming a kid Hitler or Stalin or Rødskjegg or Harald Hårfagre. Though it is no issue regarding most of them, except the badasses (that are seen as bad). Judgement or not, they should at least tell the parents WHY they take their children. Taking something without telling why, to me it seems like there is no real reason.

Poor decisions can anyone make, though most people are not hung on a cross and stoned because of it.

And if you've read all around this, are there some links that perhaps is never posted on here then? Because I sure have not seen anything that justify the act of the government until now.

Sthenno

also, naming a kid Jesus is just the same way as naming a kid Hitler or Stalin or Rødskjegg or Harald Hårfagre.

No way. You can philosophise all you want about how to horrors done in the name of religion are equal to or worse than those done under the Nazi regime, but the point remains that naming your child after a popular religious figure is in no way the same as naming them after a fascist murderer.

It's the intention behind it that's key... I can only think of two reasons why someone would name their child Hitler:

1. they think it's funny

2. they're actually neo-nazis who admire Hitler

In the first scenario, the children should be taken away. A child is not a joke to be used for the amusement of the parents, and anyone who treats a child as such is not fit to be a parent.

In the second scenario, the parents are trying to make a political point through their children because they're too scared to do it themselves. Why not change their own names? Why inflict such an extreme viewpoint on your child?

In my opinion, neither of these two types of people are fit to raise children.