Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zimbabwe to launch Z100 trillion dollar note

behaviour???

Zimbabwe's central bank will issue a 100 trillion Zimbabwe dollar banknote, worth about $33 on the black market, to try to ease desperate cash shortages, state-run media said on Friday.Prices are doubling every day and food and fuel are in short supply. A cholera epidemic has killed more than 2,000 people and a deadlock between President Robert Mugabe and the opposition over power sharing has dampened hopes of ending the crisis.Hyper-inflation has forced the central bank to keep issuing new banknotes which quickly become almost worthless. There is an official exchange rate, but most Zimbabweans resort to the informal market for currency transactions.As well as the Z$100 trillion dollar note, the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe plans to launch Z$10 trillion, Z$20 trillion and Z$50 trillion notes, the Herald newspaper reported."... the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe has introduced a new family of banknotes which will gradually come into circulation, starting with the Z$10 trillion," the Herald said, citing a central bank statement.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/20090117/362/...illion-dol.html

Thanks

B???

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• sarah snow

• Finsup22

• behaviour???

I remember my first trip to Mexico many moons ago. I was a kid and cashed in some travelers checks, I think about $300.00 bucks and wow. I had just over a million peso's in my pocket. Felt awsome for about half a day LOL.

Trillion dollar note LOL how can one take that as money, I don't even know what a trillion looks like

I remember my first trip to Mexico many moons ago. I was a kid and cashed in some travelers checks, I think about $300.00 bucks and wow. I had just over a million peso's in my pocket. Felt awsome for about half a day LOL.

Trillion dollar note LOL how can one take that as money, I don't even know what a trillion looks like

Same here, I really enjoyed being a millionairess in Italian Lire :lol:

I really miss foreign currency :( Bloody EU, I hate that we've lost all the fun currencies, it's taken so much anjoyment out of travelling abroad for me :angry:

Same here, I really enjoyed being a millionairess in Italian Lire :lol:

I really miss foreign currency :( Bloody EU, I hate that we've lost all the fun currencies, it's taken so much anjoyment out of travelling abroad for me :angry:

I love Canadian money, some call it monopoly money but at least ours is different. I go to the states and try to buy a case of beer and almost pay with a $50 ,I can't tell the difference from a 1 dollar bill from a 50 with american money LOL

I like our dollar ie: 1 dollar is called a Looney and the 2 dollar coin called the Toony LOL

Looney Toony is our money LOL seems every year though we get new coins and bills with differnt stuff on them so in canada you live here 5 years you will have 5 different 5 dollar bills in your pocket. I don't get it lol

lol. so now they can afford a piece of bubble gum. ...
That's only "today", Plainbob; tomorrow they'll be able to afford only half a piece. But considering inflation, half a piece of bubble gum should inflate just as much as one piece. :P:cry:

Live life and have fun,

Karlis

I love Canadian money, some call it monopoly money but at least ours is different. I go to the states and try to buy a case of beer and almost pay with a $50 ,I can't tell the difference from a 1 dollar bill from a 50 with american money LOL

I like our dollar ie: 1 dollar is called a Looney and the 2 dollar coin called the Toony LOL

Looney Toony is our money LOL seems every year though we get new coins and bills with differnt stuff on them so in canada you live here 5 years you will have 5 different 5 dollar bills in your pocket. I don't get it lol

:lol::lol: Variety is the spice of life they say :tu:

So true about the USA dollars. When I used to work for the airline I'd regularly be in Florida and we had to count the cash we'd taken on board the plane. It used to take me forever to work out how much it was cos it all looked the same :rofl: And once you've landed and are staying downroute, the longer the jobs take then it's keeping you from being in the bar <_<

That's only "today", Plainbob; tomorrow they'll be able to afford only half a piece. But considering inflation, half a piece of bubble gum should inflate just as much as one piece. :P:cry:

Live life and have fun,

Karlis

Simple logic solves that! Just print a 2 trillion dollar bill :w00t:

And yet Mgube sits in his mansion while everyone else starves to death. After he threw us lot out of there (Rhodesia), the place has gone to hell. Worse than hell.