Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama has known terrorist pray at

preacherman76

JPost.com » International » Article

Jan 18, 2009 7:05 | Updated Jan 18, 2009 7:06

Obama prayer leader linked to Hamas

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON

A Muslim scholar chosen to speak at President-elect Barack Obama's inaugural prayer service Wednesday is the leader of a group that federal prosecutors say has ties to terrorists.

Ingrid Mattson.

Photo: AP [file]

Slideshow: Pictures of the week Ingrid Mattson, president of the Islamic Society of North America, is one of many religious leaders scheduled to speak at the prayer service at Washington's National Cathedral.

Mattson has been the guest of honor at State Department dinners and has met with senior Pentagon officials during the Bush administration. She also spoke at a prayer service at the Democratic National Convention in Denver. Mattson, who was elected president of the society in 2006, is a professor of Islamic studies at Hartford Seminary in Hartford, Connecticut.

But in 2007 and as recently as last July, federal prosecutors in Dallas filed court documents linking the Plainfield, Indiana-based Islamic society to Hamas, which the US considers a terrorist organization.

Neither Mattson nor her organization have been charged. But prosecutors wrote in July that they had "a wide array of testimonial and documentary evidence expressly linking" the group to Hamas and other radical groups.

Linda Douglass, a spokeswoman for Obama's inaugural committee, would not discuss the case or say whether the committee knew about it.

"She has a stellar reputation in the faith community," Douglass said Saturday night.

The existence of the court documents was first reported by Politico.

The Islamic Society of North America, which describes itself as "the nation's largest mainstream Muslim community-based organization," is fighting its inclusion on a list of co-conspirators in the Dallas terrorism case against the Holy Land Foundation. In court documents, Mattson's group says it does not condone terrorism.

The court documents represent a complicated picture of the group.

Law enforcement agencies have used the organization's annual convention as part of its outreach to the Muslim community. The group has provided religious training to the FBI, according to court documents. Karen Hughes, a former Bush confidant and under secretary of state, called Mattson "a wonderful leader and role model for many, many people."

All this was going on while officials in the law enforcement and intelligence community apparently had evidence that the Islamic Society of North America had ties to terrorists and to the Holy Land Foundation. That foundation and five of its former leaders were convicted at a retrial in November of funneling millions of dollars to Hamas.

The Islamic Society helps certify Muslim chaplains for federal prisons. Mattson leads a program at the Hartford Seminary that trains Muslim chaplains for the US military.

Mattson was one of about three dozen leaders, including former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, and two former Republican congressmen, Vin Weber and Steve Bartlett, who developed a report released last fall on how the US can fight extremism in the Muslim world.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• aquatus1

• Neognosis

• The Silver Thong

I guess Obama was serious when he said he will "side with the muslims"

A Muslim scholar chosen to speak at President-elect Barack Obama's inaugural prayer service Wednesday is the leader of a group that federal prosecutors say has ties to terrorists.

These are the same people you believed that said there were WMDs and who were hired solely because they were loyal republicans but completely unqualified. So try not to believe fantasy will you?

I guess Obama was serious when he said he will "side with the muslims"

Obama never said he would side with Muslims.

Misleading e-mail: From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

The only standing he's talking about is making sure we never have internment camps for the Arab and Pakistani Americans.

source among other misquotations.

The desperation continues. You had your chance in november, and the desperation wasn't enough then, so get over it.

Obama's mother was raised a Christian. she was curious, skeptical, liberated, argumentative, precocious and eventually became an Atheist.

His father was raised a Muslim who later became an Agnostic.

Obama's wife is a liberal Christian as far as I know. Obama feels that his mother's Atheism and always wandering moving around and searching made her an outcast & lonely. He saw some value in tradition, namely Christianity, because of this.

Obama is very wishy-washy (for good reason in this environment) about his beliefs. But he despises the conservative agenda (therefore he is no extemist-whether Christian or Muslim).

He has claimed he is Atheist, Christian & has even flirted with Buddhism.

I personally suspect he is Deist, Agnostic or a liberal Christian. (because of repeated indirect statements="hints")

Time will tell all, if all goes well for him :tu:

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

These are the same people you believed that said there were WMDs and who were hired solely because they were loyal republicans but completely unqualified. So try not to believe fantasy will you?

Yea, me, and the entire world, including over 90% of our Democraticly elected congress. Also intelligence from several other countries. What I dont get is why you would dismiss it so fast. You must be one of those folks firmly planted up Obamas ***. Besides, the article say federal prosecuters, not intelligence officails. There is a difference you know.

Edited by preacherman76

Everyone hide!

Obama is un-whitechristianmale-ing america~!

Of course, I must be a racist? :wacko:

Obama never said he would side with Muslims.

The only standing he's talking about is making sure we never have internment camps for the Arab and Pakistani Americans.

MUSLIM OBAMA SAYS IN HIS BOOK HE’S ON THE SIDE OF MUSLIMS

Grant Swank* | March 18, 2008 | ShareThis

“In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans … have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging,” he laments. “I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

That is what Barack Obama wrote in his book, “Audacity.”

Now you can be sure that when Obama is in the White House, something “ugly” will occur to offend the nation’s “Arab and Pakistani Americans”—in other words, Muslims.

So whose side will Obama then take?

He will side with the Muslims per his own public statement in his book. There is no question. It is right there.

That is not the closet Muslim which he’s been. That’s the out-in-the-open Muslim hinted about even present-tense.

“I will stand with them. . .”

That is why he stands with them in the pro-Islam sanctuary called Trinity United Church of Christ. That’s why Obama embraces Jeremiah Wright’s pro-Muslim crowning of Nation of Islam Louis Farrakhan.

That’s why Obama, with his Muslim childhood schooling, endorses the mosque-cleric-like angry yelling of Wright’s pulpit delivery.

That’s why Obama states in “Audacity” that Judeo-Christian heritage will recede as an all-religions country emerges. Obviously, from his siding with Muslims, Muslims in particular will have the upper hand in the new America.

It is scary to read just that one paragraph in his book about siding with the Muslims if matters turn “ugly.”

One can be certain that Muslims reading that paragraph will see to it that some offense will strike their sensitivities once The Boy sits in the Oval Office. Their squeals will trigger their discontent thereby triggering Obama the Muslim to spring forth.

Muslim Obama has already given us warning in his book. If we are too stupid to get it, then we are going to suffer the consequences of not being informed.

So, KNOWN TERRORIST has changed to "has ties with terrorists"?

Whats the difference? This is the president of the united states. Why should we fine it acceptable that he would associate with such people? But then, its known he him self has ties with terrorists.

Edited by preacherman76

The desperation continues. You had your chance in november, and the desperation wasn't enough then, so get over it.

Had my chance for what? You think I supported McCain? LOL.

He will side with the Muslims per his own public statement in his book. There is no question. It is right there.

You were just shown that quote in context, and you still chose to remain ingonrant enough to repost it as support for your argument?

Did you even read EmpressStarXVII's post? Should I repost it for you? Somehow, I don't think you are capable of seeing through your bias, but I'll repost it anyway.

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Now, I'm fascinated by this, as I often wonder about people like you. When you read the whole quote in context, did you say to yourself "hmm, I guess he didn't really say what I claim.. but I'll keep pushing it because I hate obama so much and want to convince people even though I know I'm skewing the truth"

OR

Do you actually fail to understand what's really going on because you are so biased?

OR

Do you understand but subconsciously repress that understanding because too much of your identity is wrapped up in the misunderstanding?

fascinating.

Yea, me, and the entire world, including over 90% of our Democraticly elected congress. Also intelligence from several other countries. What I dont get is why you would dismiss it so fast. You must be one of those folks firmly planted up Obamas ***. Besides, the article say federal prosecuters, not intelligence officails. There is a difference you know.

I'd love to hear a few of your sermons. They must really convince people of the Christian values, given the eloquence of your language.

I'd love to hear a few of your sermons. They must really convince people of the Christian values, given the eloquence of your language.

Im not really a preacher. It was a nic name given to me by some friends at work. Many of whom I have shown the way to Christ. Anyhow, please back your statement. What exactly have I said that denounces Christian values? Or are you just talking to hear yourself speak (figurativly of course)

Im not really a preacher. It was a nic name given to me by some friends at work. Many of whom I have shown the way to Christ. Anyhow, please back your statement. What exactly have I said that denounces Christian values? Or are you just talking to hear yourself speak (figurativly of course)

Well, of course, we all rememebr Jesus' words at the Sermon on the Mount:

"You must be one of those folks firmly planted up Caesars *** ", don't we.

How they all roared.

You were just shown that quote in context, and you still chose to remain ingonrant enough to repost it as support for your argument?

Did you even read EmpressStarXVII's post? Should I repost it for you? Somehow, I don't think you are capable of seeing through your bias, but I'll repost it anyway.

Now, I'm fascinated by this, as I often wonder about people like you. When you read the whole quote in context, did you say to yourself "hmm, I guess he didn't really say what I claim.. but I'll keep pushing it because I hate obama so much and want to convince people even though I know I'm skewing the truth"

OR

Do you actually fail to understand what's really going on because you are so biased?

OR

Do you understand but subconsciously repress that understanding because too much of your identity is wrapped up in the misunderstanding?

fascinating.

Its not that I hate Obama. Obama isnt the problem. He's just a puppet. My problem (same as with the last several administrations) is the puppet masters behind him. The one's pulling his strings.

Anyhow, I admit I didnt really take a good look at the post I quoted when I responded. I now have, and can admit I may have passed judgement to soon on Obamas comment.

However, Im still concerned at his willingness to (in both the past and present) associate with people that have ties with terrorists. That may not concern you as much, but if you are like most Obamas suporters I know,(not saying you are) chances are you dont even know the man other than what MSNBC would have you believe. Which isnt a whole lot other than there will now be "hope and change"

Well, of course, we all rememebr Jesus' words at the Sermon on the Mount:

"You must be one of those folks firmly planted up Caesars *** ", don't we.

How they all roared.

Well I guess your right in that sence. I dont believe Jesus would have said what I have said about Obamas followers. So I'll give ya that. Just to note though, Jesus was the only perfect human being on the face of this planet. There hasnt been before, nor after, a person who has never said something Jesus wouldnt have. Not one. But it still doesnt make what I said untrue.

Of course, I must be a racist? :wacko:

Who said that?

Looky now, no one likes people who play the victim... (hamas, some muslims, some christians, some you...)

Whats the difference? This is the president of the united states. Why should we fine it acceptable that he would associate with such people? But then, its known he him self has ties with terrorists.

And what, pray tell, did your Jesus, perfect as you claim, say we should do with our enemies? Thought so. You can claim to be a Christian until confronted with it.

And what, pray tell, did your Jesus, perfect as you claim, say we should do with our enemies? Thought so. You can claim to be a Christian until confronted with it.

LOL, yea ok. If you dont see the problem with Obama associating with terrorists, who is no Jesus by any stretch of the imagination, then you will get what you deserve. Dont say I didnt tell ya.

Didn't Edward Kenedy side with the I.R.A. when he was a senator? Can't remember much fuss made about that at the time.

What's the difference between a known terrorist and someone who has ties with a known terrorist? Preacherman, are you seriously asking a question like this? Are you so willing to condemn others that you are willing to do so on no other basis than association?