Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kerry: US in mess in Iraq

<bleeding_heart>

Democratic presidential hopeful calls on US President to acknowledge his difficulties in Iraq to world.

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential contender John Kerry on Wednesday called the US occupation of Iraq a "mess" and said it was time for President George W. Bush to acknowledge his difficulties to the world.

The Massachusetts senator, who is running even with the Republican Bush in opinion polls for the November 2 election, slammed the US administration's handling of Iraq where US forces have been confronted by mounting insurgent violence.

"They're doing it in such a frankly inept way," he told CNN.

Kerry called for the US-led Coalition Provisional Authority to hand over responsibility for reconstruction and establishing a new government to "a legitimate international entity." He added that "people don't want to go to work for Paul Bremer" the US civilian administrator in Baghdad.

"I'm not the president and I didn't create this mess, so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made," Kerry said.

Full Article

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michelle

• Mekorig

• <bleeding_heart>

• DC09

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this guy has totally contradicted himself in every vote/statement he's made... personally, i cant imagine a president who doesnt have the backbone to stand up for what he believes!

VOTE 4 G. BUsh thumbsup.gif

It scares me to death that Kerry and Bush are so close in the polls. I'm encourageing everyone I know to PLEASE vote! (We are ALL pro BUSH!!!)

Soo, you are gonna vote a moron how didnt know were Brazil is and is controled by his dadys friends?

laugh.gif Lesser of two evils??? But it is a sad thing. crying.gif