Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kasai Rex

MysteryMike

ya i probably should have said right now. but if there is one right now there would be no mass spreading and dinos taking over the world.

Even if there was only one now, there had to be numbers before it, and even they had to come from somewhere, and so on.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• catutie

• Stormcrow

• Drago

• Undeadskeptic

maybe the mommy dinosaur got her tubes tied and there was only one dinosaur baby and then the mommy and daddy died and now there is only a son/daughter dinosaur.

COLORADO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!?! :o :o :o DINOSUARS IN COLORADO?!?!?!

You better believe it, a lot of Tyrannosaurus sightings plus some Pterosaur sightings too.

It may have been a large crocodile. I can imagine a large croc attacking a rhino. (I can not imagine a croc killing a rhino, though.) I also can imagine a croc eating from a dead rhino that has been lying in a swamp for some days. So it may have been an embellished story about encountering a large croc eating a dead rhino. The color of the croc may have been dried up mud or blood. Somebody made up the bit about the "lizard" attacking the rhino (must have been a surmise), and named it a tyrannosaurus.

Within the last few years, evidence has been found that identifies large crocs in Africa, a DISCOVERY channel documentry revieled there are crocs along many of Africas rivers that are anywhere from 11 feet (youngsters)-30 feet (adult) in length. One croc that was filmed was approimately 20+ft long. An impression of a crocs body in the sandy shore of one river, proved the adult croc could have been no less than 27 feet long!

A rhino in a swampy area cannot, because of its' weight and bulk, easily get out of such a terrain and would have died in the attempt. The large crocs seen in Africa are very quick and take any large animal out in seconds with one flash of tail or mouth. A dead rhino would have been a meal fit for these "Kings of the Crocodiles".

HOWEVER there are many, many other dinosaur legends from all across the globe, from Australias Burrunjor to the Colorado T-Rex sightings to Chinese sauropod stories. These are, in my opinion, all false, butas always you can't prove a negative so we'll just have to wait and see.

YEP, those reports are up there with the camel and dromedary sightings in SW United States. :huh:

Seems after the US Army dumped their attempt to have the cavelry use camels instead of horses in the late 1800's, they released all of the camels and dromedary into the dessert where they grew in population; or died out, depends on who you listen to. So for decades afterward; well into the 1900's; folks continued to see the camels every so often. :blink:

Some folks who are out there too much, and shouldn't be ;):rolleyes: , say they still see them. Gotta' remember that hat and canteen of water folks! B)

As much as I'd like to believe, there is no credible theory of a sustainable dinosaur population on Earth.

I use to believe that too. Within the last decade, experts in many fields of study, have proven that birds are dinosaurs. The Raptor; including all of its' species, sub-species, ancestors, descendents, et all; had feathers. Recent discoveries of fossils show the raptors species had feathers covering its entire body, this includes every generation and genetic change to them. The pelvis of such dinosaurs are identical to all birds including chickens & turkeys, pigeons, etc, and all preditory birds of today.

All preditory birds such as Hawks, Owls, Eagles, Vultures, Buzzards, Falcons, et all, are today known as Raptors. The fossil discoveries have been on every continent where raptor dinosaurs have been found, including Asia, North & South America, Africa, and the Southern Pacific islands. Some experts also believe that certain varieties of T-Rex also had feathers, we just haven't found one, yet. ;)

Ten years ago the theory was laughed at. Today there isn't a single prominent scientist nor theroist who disagrees with the data.

Edited by Golden Hawk

YEP, those reports are up there with the camel and dromedary sightings in SW United States. :huh:

Seems after the US Army dumped their attempt to have the cavelry use camels instead of horses in the late 1800's, they released all of the camels and dromedary into the dessert where they grew in population; or died out, depends on who you listen to. So for decades afterward; well into the 1900's; folks continued to see the camels every so often. :blink:

Some folks who are out there too much, and shouldn't be ;):rolleyes: , say they still see them. Gotta' remember that hat and canteen of water folks! B)

What? :lol: What did that have to do with anything? :lol:

What? :lol: What did that have to do with anything? :lol:

You know similer to sightings of dinosaurs?

There is a song that goes "...mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon-day sun." Anyone who says they have seen dinosaurs (like T-Rex or Brontie) today; excluding the birds of course; needs a check up from the neck up. :blink:

Edited by Golden Hawk

t-rex could be an average day pigeon!!!! O_o and a raptor could be an owl!!!!!!!!!!!! O_o i never heard of this theory.

It's not a theory, it's accepted scientific fact. Certain theropod dinosaurs survived the K-T extinction event, and their descendants today are birds.

As Bob Bakker is fond of pointing out, every Thanksgiving, most of America sits down to eat a dinosaur.

.........i will never look at a piece of chicken the same ever again........

.........i will never look at a piece of chicken the same ever again........

Mmm, deinonychus.

mmmmm at least we can say that dinosuar tastes like chicken lol :D

why cant we just say this is ANOTHER sequel to Jurassic Park and call it good XD!!!! ya i would love to have dinosuars living among us but this one just seems....false and very improbable i dont think taht there is a t-rex eating rhinos or monitor lizards eating them eather. i think the croc theory is the correct one.

Professional game hunters would know EXACTLY what a croc looks like, and neither account said it looked like a croc. There is probably a connection between this story and M. Mkembe, which is also described as being reddish.

MM seems to be a sentient creature, incorrectly thought to be a vegetarian by the local population, which it does not attack, though it revealed its true carnivorous nature when being watched eating a rhino.

Carnivorous animals are generally more intelligent and wary compared to herbivores, and helps explain why MM always eludes the expeditions out hunting it.

wait so if MM is a herbavore then wouldnt it be stupider and run into people more???

I still vote red leopard. Not a common sight to anyone, and confusion can paint strange pictures.

wait so if MM is a herbavore then wouldnt it be stupider and run into people more???

But I said it was a carnivore, the same beast called Kasai Rex.

It's not a theory, it's accepted scientific fact. Certain theropod dinosaurs survived the K-T extinction event, and their descendants today are birds.

As Bob Bakker is fond of pointing out, every Thanksgiving, most of America sits down to eat a dinosaur.

You are only partly right. There is NO evidence any true dinosaur survived the KT event. BIRDS had already been around for millions of years in dinosaur times, and they survived, NOT dinosaurs that would later evolve into birds.

so carnivores are the stupid ones???

You are only partly right. There is NO evidence any true dinosaur survived the KT event. BIRDS had already been around for millions of years in dinosaur times, and they survived, NOT dinosaurs that would later evolve into birds.

It was just semantics to play along with the 'dinosaurs are birds' topic. Relax, man. :P

i want to know more about the dinosaurs sightings in colorado.......i mean growing up in washington that isnt to far away from colorado.......I COULD HAVE BEEN EATEN o_O

so carnivores are the stupid ones???

I don't know why this statement is so hard to comprehend. Try reading it again: "Carnivorous animals are generally more intelligent and wary compared to herbivores, and helps explain why MM always eludes the expeditions out hunting it. "

One problem with the surviving dino theory is the 65m years of evolution that people seem to forget. A T-rex would have changed quite a bit over that period of time, so much so that it might not even look like a T-rex any more. Yes, I'm aware that crocs haven't really changed that much, but they are a specialized predator that is extremely well suited to it's environment. Mother nature doesn't change what already works. A T-rex would be a different story, it would have had to continually adapt to an ever changing world, new environments, new prey, even new atmosphere. There's no telling what one would be like if it had survived. I doubt it would look the same as 65mya. JMO :tu:

Edited by Slave2Fate

You may have a point. Maybe a Leopard with a fur colouring.

Although I've always believe that the Sabertooth didn't die and evolve into their today's modern day relative the Tiger.

Which sabre tooth? There was never a sabre tooth tiger.