Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Lake Coleridge Monster

Undeadskeptic

Oh well just wondering. Although I though Leopard Seals were aggressive and wouldn't they fight back. Seeing they are vicious.

I also know that Great White Sharks will prey on Leopard Seals.

So I guess this lake monster maybe just a traveling leopard seal.

In the world of predation, size means everything. A large croc or shark would prey on a smaller seal, but to a seal, a small shark is just another "fish".

But the problem with either a seal or croc is that everyone knows what they look like.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Undeadskeptic

• catutie

• Stormcrow

• draconic chronicler

In the world of predation, size means everything. A large croc or shark would prey on a smaller seal, but to a seal, a small shark is just another "fish".

But the problem with either a seal or croc is that everyone knows what they look like.

Picture joe average taking a shore side walk he suddenly sees a errant flipper or back he doesn't know what it is but he has heard stories and hey presto another monster sighting is born

Not everyone. That's a big assumption. Even though they're common animals, everyone doesn't know what they look like. Leopard seals look a little different than the average "seal", and seeing as both creatures are not common in a lake environment, they would not be immediately thought of.

if it's real, it's very brutal

Definatly a crypto "Meanie"

if it's real, it's very brutal

What creature isn't? :tu:

What creature isn't? :tu:

lol so true

lol so true

I like your new avatar UDS. It's quite mind blowing. :lol: (yes, I know, terrible pun. ^_^ )

aaw, they made you change it. <_<

Edited by Slave2Fate

I like your new avatar UDS. It's quite mind blowing. :lol: (yes, I know, terrible pun. ^_^ )

aaw, they made you change it. <_<

For a second, just a second, she thought she may have seen... but no I couldn't be! For to entertain such thoughts as that Undeadskeptic was weeping would surely be ludicrous.