Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would Obama still be president....

Godsnmbr1

No...it's supposition. Allow me to help you. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/supposition as in- You are making wild suppositions about what people of other races and cultures feel it means to be American. I do not understand how you can feel that the word superstition applies here.

Secondly, I think we want the same end here, but disagree with the means. As far as belittling a culture is concerened, to say, "naw we're not gonna celebrate the history of your race and the contributions you've made to the nation anymore" is offensive. Step out of your shoes for a while. Like i said go out into the world. Meet some new people, interact, make a friend or two. if you like different architecure, thats a great place to start. Now learn about the person, and culture behind the building. Do you see? These are not bad things to be swept under the rug. Our differences are beautiful, and are to be cherished. like you said, we should all be considederd human. However, diveristy is a part of humanity.

Peace, man. i'm done rappin' with ya on this subject here. We have another thread in a different oplace with the same subject. See ya there?

HEY! Do not put words in my mouth! I never said don't celebrate culture. Never. I said the things they teach in the schools during black history month is often times trivial. You want to make people equal then you teach their history with the rest of history where it should be learn not say owe it is okay we will just give you a special month instead of addressing the base problem. AND NEVER EVER TELL ME I CAN'T SEE THINGS FROM ANOTHERS PERSPEECTIVE. You don't ever know who I am or what I think or why I think it. I am the person who sees both sides. I am the person basically in the middle seeing what is there. I am not saying we become uniformed nah that would suck. I am saying we end discrimination between those differences. If we give up what makes us us is the end result really worth what we would sacrafice. My problem with you so far is you keep taking my words out of context thinking I am saying something I am not. Being an american doesn't mean being the same it means belonging to America. I spend a lot of time researching the paranormal. So don't lecture me on getting to know people when you don't even know me and yet are judging me. Wait isn't that what you are telling me not to do?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Peter Venkman

• Kevin7557

• Repoman

• Godsnmbr1

HEY! Do not put words in my mouth! I never said don't celebrate culture. Never. I said the things they teach in the schools during black history month is often times trivial. You want to make people equal then you teach their history with the rest of history where it should be learn not say owe it is okay we will just give you a special month instead of addressing the base problem. AND NEVER EVER TELL ME I CAN'T SEE THINGS FROM ANOTHERS PERSPEECTIVE. You don't ever know who I am or what I think or why I think it. I am the person who sees both sides. I am the person basically in the middle seeing what is there. I am not saying we become uniformed nah that would suck. I am saying we end discrimination between those differences. If we give up what makes us us is the end result really worth what we would sacrafice. My problem with you so far is you keep taking my words out of context thinking I am saying something I am not. Being an american doesn't mean being the same it means belonging to America. I spend a lot of time researching the paranormal. So don't lecture me on getting to know people when you don't even know me and yet are judging me. Wait isn't that what you are telling me not to do?

:no: "I never liked black history month. It was kinda pointless. It is like pointing out that they are different plus it took time just to learn some useless crap that most forget over time just so some people can point out that they aren't racist and how we are "striving" for equality." Your words not mine. From a different thread yes. your words, none the less. this would be an example of sweeping a person's culure beneath the rug.

P.S. You can't see things from the other perspective in this case. :whistle: LOL hey, lets keep this discussion on the other thread o.k.?

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

:no: "I never liked black history month. It was kinda pointless. It is like pointing out that they are different plus it took time just to learn some useless crap that most forget over time just so some people can point out that they aren't racist and how we are "striving" for equality." Your words not mine. From a different thread yes. your words, none the less. this would be an example of sweeping a person's culure beneath the rug.

P.S. You can't see things from the other perspective in this case. :whistle:

Yes I can. I see why blacks wanted it cause their own kids didn't know of their heritige. Polititions wanted it so they looked good and a few cause they cared. The people to show they weren't racist and that their kids need to learn of others achievements. Teachers so they could the kids more about what black people did. But hey why don't we have asian history month or Religious tolerance month where the kids have to learn about all the different religions and what their beliefs are. Where are those months times? What about middle eastern week or month where we learn about the history of the middle east. Man if only we could just put that all into one subject so we would have devote all this time to them. I know why don't we call it history and teach our kids it. Then in high school they can learn geography and social studies. We have classes for that. Or have you forgotten that. ANd yes it is useless. Same thing every year. Houndred uses yeah yeah I get it. How about we fix the inherent problem? No lets give blacks a special month. Now if it were black pride month or Black Heritiege month I could get behind that. Lets celebrate their history not create a month just cause the schools aren't doing their jobs. That is the point which you seem to be missing. I stand by my statement. Okay so maybe trivial was the wrong word. I meant it in the fashion of the only time this information would be used is in trivia games. I should have worded it better, okay in hindsite not the best of things to say in those word to which I must admit my error and apologize which I do. I appologize. But my point being that we should have just put it in the regular lesson plan instead of creating a month cause the education system wasn't working.

You're the one who has come in and started after I have and then twisted my words. Also just cause I see doesn't mean that they are my opinion and it is not my job to state everyones opinion.

Edited by Kevin7557

No lets give blacks a special month. Now if it were black pride month or Black Heritiege month I could get behind that. Lets celebrate their history not create a month just cause the schools aren't doing their jobs.

I know that you think you can see the argument from both sides but trust me, you really can't.

I know that you think you can see the argument from both sides but trust me, you really can't.

He is trying to point out that we should embrase people diversities and cultures for that is what makes us strong and a great nation. And while I agree with him I disagree about manner in which he wishs to go about it. His point is we should notice differences cause he is under the impression that I think we should ignore them or he is just trying to be an *******. In which case he trying to point out that if you take it that way which is basically a twisted version of what I said that it means this. but being a litteral person alot and choosing my words to mean what they mean with the few exceptions of things I probally shouldn't have said and apon looking back realise I worded it wrong or on further thought was said in the heat of the moment that came back to haunt he. But his point was lost as soon as he pulled the age crap about how i was too young to know what I was talking about and in another thread he admits what I say is noble but I admit it needs refining. But the flaw on the age thing is while most people follow a regular pattern of intelegents growth do to a condition I was born with I had a high reading comprehention at an early level. Thus I have aged a bit faster in thoughts and exerience than most but while that being said he is still trying to point out that do to my age I lack serious life experiences and thus am a bit naive. The rest of it is about simantics about on several different arguments which are nothing more than differences in opinoin and where he really failed was in the way he approached the conversation and had he approached it in a different way then we could have had a civilized educated dicussion amoung adults rather than what this has decayed into.

So now you were saying something about me not seeing his side? Now would you also like me to breakdown the errors I have made or are your ready to put your foot in your mouth cause you were dead wrong.

Kevin 7557... I think you are doing a good job of explaining yourself - try to ignore some of the self-important replies that you are getting and just concentrate on the points you are making.

My point of view?..... Obama was elected because he was the stongest candidate in the race, its not his colour its his passion for politics and using it to try to make a difference. He has probably got the hardest job as a president this century. Bush totally discredited the USA for 8 years, and that will take at least 2 terms to correct.

I dont expect miracles, a tough road lies ahead for Obama and I am sure his citics are lining up to take pot-shots at him even as I write this reply.

Give him a chance, for no good reason that I can put a finger on, I think he has the potential to heal many wounds that Bush opened....IMO

I doubt it. People wanted to feel good about themselves, which is why we all gave Obama the benefit of the doubt at first. Like some sort of nationwide self-delusion. I don't think a white candidate would have made it through the scrutiny of our cynicism.
It wasn't the feel-good liberals that got Obama elected. It was the 90%+ of blacks that voted for him in the primaries.

ANY democrate would have beaten McCain. Obama was only there because he won the primary and the only reason he won the primary was the 90%+ black vote.

So the question becomes - WHY did 90%+ of all blacks vote for Obama? Maybe it was........... because he was black? LOL! Of course not - that would be racist!

It must be that they all carefully analyzed the policies and positions of all candidates and, through some bizarre freak statistical occurrence, all voted for Obama. Meh. Racist b*******.

It wasn't the feel-good liberals that got Obama elected. It was the 90%+ of blacks that voted for him in the primaries.

ANY democrate would have beaten McCain. Obama was only there because he won the primary and the only reason he won the primary was the 90%+ black vote.

You see that's where your racism glows and you are just wrong - along with your other outlandish statements. He got elected by a majority of Americans. Including majorities in all races (except of course racists). Whites included == like me. OK? He was not just elected by blacks or the black vote. That's just silly and easily disprovable. It certainly helped but it wa not the "only reason" by ANY means.

Ninjadude, Repoman is not racist. He's just saying that ######0 of black voters voted for Obama, and that there's a big chance most of them did so because he was black.

These days, anything said about blacks that's "not nice" is considered racism. Racism is discrimination, not criticism.

You see that's where your racism glows and you are just wrong - along with your other outlandish statements. He got elected by a majority of Americans. Including majorities in all races (except of course racists). Whites included == like me. OK? He was not just elected by blacks or the black vote. That's just silly and easily disprovable.
Why can't you brainiacs get it - I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE PRIMARIES - P R I M A R I E S.

If the black vote would have split out even 55-45 in favor of Obama, CLINTON WOULD HAVE WON THE PRIMARY. As I said - ANY democrat would have beaten McCain.

And close your yap about my being racist (please sir?). Just because I'm not a drooling PC Obama sack-sniffer doesn't make me racist.

Edited by Repoman

Why can't you brainiacs get it - I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE PRIMARIES - P R I M A R I E S.

If the black vote would have split out even 55-45 in favor of Obama, CLINTON WOULD HAVE WON THE PRIMARY. As I said - ANY democrat would have beaten McCain.

And close your yap about my being racist (please sir?). Just because I'm not a drooling PC Obama sack-sniffer doesn't make me racist.

You don't know that. I would have voted McCain if it were between him and Clinton. I think McCain was pandering to his party in order to get the nomination. His actions, once in office, would have been far more to the center than any righty would have prefered. If Clinton would have won the nom, I do not believe McCain would have picked Palin as a running mate. Without that poor choice... I think McCain could have won. Not against Obama... But against Clinton? Sure.

And you are choosing to ignore the huge number of people who didn't vote for him based upon his race. Which does what to the race issue in this election?.....negates it. DUN DUN DUUUUNNN. understand?
Not true. The racism showed during the democrat primaries where the blacks voted well over 90% for Obama. If the black vote would have been spread out even a few points more evenly, Clinton would have won the primaries and Obama would not be president.

I have always said there exists another possibility for these amazing numbers. Maybe it wasn't racism. Maybe it was a freak statistical anomaly. Maybe each black person did carefully analyze the platforms of all the candidates and just all happened to vote for Obama. Maybe if Obama and Clinton switched bodies before the primaries 90%+ of blacks would have voted for Clinton.

But my money is on racism - pure and simple. That is why I voted Republican for the first time in my life. It made me sick to even think about pulling the lever for a person that is only on the ballot because a bunch of racist siliplushes voted for him in the primaries.

You don't know that. I would have voted McCain if it were between him and Clinton.
Maybe you are right. But the net result is still that Obama would not be president. Edited by Repoman

Would hillary have even been in the picture if she were a man?

Hillary is not a man? Dang I thought that was why Ole Bill was stepping out all the time.

Not true. The racism showed during the democrat primaries where the blacks voted well over 90% for Obama. If the black vote would have been spread out even a few points more evenly, Clinton would have won the primaries and Obama would not be president.

I have always said there exists another possibility for these amazing numbers. Maybe it wasn't racism. Maybe it was a freak statistical anomaly. Maybe each black person did carefully analyze the platforms of all the candidates and just all happened to vote for Obama. Maybe if Obama and Clinton switched bodies before the primaries 90%+ of blacks would have voted for Clinton.

But my money is on racism - pure and simple. That is why I voted Republican for the first time in my life. It made me sick to even think about pulling the lever for a person that is only on the ballot because a bunch of racist siliplushes voted for him in the primaries.

Maybe you are right. But the net result is still that Obama would not be president.

you're trying to tell me that were not democrats that didn't vote for Obama because he was black? I ask again, Where do you get your stats from?

you're trying to tell me that were not democrats that didn't vote for Obama because he was black? I ask again, Where do you get your stats from?

I think. Now don,t hold me to it. That blacks only voted for obama was because he was black. I think thats it.

I think. Now don,t hold me to it. That blacks only voted for obama was because he was black. I think thats it.

How many women voted for Clinton because she was a woman? How many black women for that matter. I'm just curious as to where he gets his statistics. thats all.

How many women voted for Clinton because she was a woman? How many black women for that matter. I'm just curious as to where he gets his statistics. thats all.

Very good questions.

People not all have a tendency to vote for people who are simular to them. THough I didn't know that it was that high. Here's a few links.

Link One

Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men.

Link

There are some links.

People not all have a tendency to vote for people who are simular to them. THough I didn't know that it was that high. Here's a few links.

Link One

Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men.

Link

There are some links.

Thanks for your info Kev, however the first link only refers to South Carolina. And the second link is about the general election. We're just discussing primaries right now.

Thanks for your info Kev, however the first link only refers to South Carolina. And the second link is about the general election. We're just discussing primaries right now.

LOL. Yeah but it just goes to show pattern. I didn't read them completly. But if 96 percent voted in the election it is reasonable that they did in the primaries.

On the subject I don't think they all voted for him cause he was black. Some probally liked his message. Some only vote democrat and the rest voted for him cause he was black. THough it would be interesting to see statistics on which voted for which.

I posted the link to the polling data on another thread. I apologize, but right now I am too damn lazy to do a simple Google search that will answer all your questions. I'm sure you already tried or you wouldn't have asked. I am sorry you couldn't figure out how Google works.

The fact that there may have been some democrats that didn't vote for Obama because he was black does nothing to erase the fact that 95% of blacks voted for Obama.

Even if only 65% voted for Obama (still a disgusting display of racist BS), Hillary would have won the primaries.

What amazes me is that there are still people that have a problem with admitting that Obama got elected because he was black. I would have thought that this fact would bring smirks of glee to the faces of all the people that like to denigrate the USA. I assumed you guys would be using this obvious fact to begin slinging slogans around like "YEAH! YOU CAN'T BUST ON US NO MO' 'FINNA WE BE 'LECTIN' YOU OUT OF OFFICE AND Stuff<=== LOL! "STUFF" it is hilarious that there actually exist people that don't yet understand that even kids understand and use words like "****". - oooooops - censored. D'OH!

Edited by Repoman

I posted the link to the polling data on another thread. I apologize, but right now I am too damn lazy to do a simple Google search that will answer all your questions. I'm sure you already tried or you wouldn't have asked. I am sorry you couldn't figure out how Google works.

The fact that there may have been some democrats that didn't vote for Obama because he was black does nothing to erase the fact that 95% of blacks voted for Obama.

Even if only 65% voted for Obama (still a disgusting display of racist BS), Hillary would have won the primaries.

Dude... Chill with the insults. you can act like a tough guy on a message board all you want. It makes ya look a bit foolish though. Mellow out.

The only link that I found referenced data from individual state primaries. I did not ask this to insult you in anyway. I could not find data in reference to the primaries as a whole. if you did, I'd really like to see it, out of my own curiosity. Can you do me a kindness here?

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

What amazes me is that there are still people that have a problem with admitting that Obama got elected because he was black. I would have thought that this fact would bring smirks of glee to the faces of all the people that like to denigrate the USA. I assumed you guys would be using this obvious fact to begin slinging slogans around like "YEAH! YOU CAN'T BUST ON US NO MO' 'FINNA WE BE 'LECTIN' YOU OUT OF OFFICE AND Stuff!".

I don't care why you think he was elected. I'm curious as to where you got your statistics man, thats all. Quit actin like a tough guy man. What are you trying to prove?

you can act like a tough guy on a message board all you want. It makes ya look a bit foolish though.
Thanks for the introduction - is there anything I can do for you?

Can you do me a kindness here?
Sure.