Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama is so

Kevin7557

You made the erroneous claim. I have no idea.

Bush made a non-binding STOF agreement with Iraq to keep all the troops there. That will, in all probability, be put in the little round file and forgotten as Obama is now the CinC.

Tax plan, withdraw of troops, Cutting the tax breaks that the rich get which he now says he will just let expire, Statements on the war in Iraq, it isn't that hard to find these things.

Yeah most definitly people will forget that Bush already made a withdraw agreement and give credit to Obama and not Bush saying that Obama ended Bush's mistake or something of that nature. But in reality he agreed to pull troops out by I think 2012.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kevin7557

• ninjadude

• Astoni

• Bez

Tax plan, withdraw of troops, Cutting the tax breaks that the rich get which he now says he will just let expire, Statements on the war in Iraq, it isn't that hard to find these things.

From reputable sources? I think not. The plan has always been to end the war in Iraq by drawing down one or two brigades a month. Cutting tax breaks to the rich? The tax plan, which you can read on his website has not changed. Now you're just making stuff up - kind of like fox news.

From reputable sources? I think not. The plan has always been to end the war in Iraq by drawing down one or two brigades a month. Cutting tax breaks to the rich? The tax plan, which you can read on his website has not changed. Now you're just making stuff up - kind of like fox news.

OMG. First Fox News doesn't make stuff up, well actually they all do but that isn't the point. Just because a news source says something from a different perspective doesn't mean they are lieing.

Yeah reputable like his from the mouth of Obama himself. That reputable enough for you. He has said that he is just going to let the tax breaks to just expire. Are you fing kidding me. On his maybe it hasn't changed but he has said it has.

“I want to be realistic here,” Obama said in an interview that aired Sunday on ABC’s “This Week.” “Not everything that we talked about during the campaign are we going to be able to do on the pace that we had hoped.”
From his mouth.

Obama says, "Everybody is going to have to give" to get things back on track

News link

Exception to his own rule

Like I said not that hard to find. And all news carries it and it is coming from his own mouth. Argueing that that is not a good source is like saying Kevin do you have a more reputable sourse for what you are doing than your own mouth. Straight from his mouth.

If I say that I will be alive tomarrow and I get hit by a car and die tonight I wasn't lieing at the time. I had all expectations of being alive tommarrow."

Difference is that if you get killed in an accident it's an unexpected. You can't tell me he didn't know the environment. He was a Senator for heaven's sakes! He can't pull one the Clinton line that things are much worse than he had known.

And if he does, it just proves that he speaks without being prepared by knowing all the facts.

Difference is that if you get killed in an accident it's an unexpected. You can't tell me he didn't know the environment. He was a Senator for heaven's sakes! He can't pull one the Clinton line that things are much worse than he had known.

And if he does, it just proves that he speaks without being prepared by knowing all the facts.

Sorry man you misunderstand me. I was pointing out the difference between lieing and not knowing something isn't going to be true or whatever you want to call it. I agreed with you man. He lied through his teeth. I was saying before the election people are going to be like "Kevin he lied to us how were we supposed to know" "Well for one I fing told you so. Second look at his freaking track record. He lied to get into the senant promising tax cuts he never brought up" Though no one is actually going to come up to me it was more of a sarcastic joke on people realising they were lied too and are shocked. Which they were and are becoming aware of. Though now he is acting more Republican then he was during election so it isn't bad for me neccisarily but then again I didn't support him.

That saying I used arrose from a conversation between me and my friend. He was appologizing for lieing but when he said what he had it was technically still true. So I made the remark that I did.

i kinda feel sorry for the poor bugger.. everyone is thinking he is going to be the saviour to all the problems that have been occuring during the past months.. he is doing the right thing asking for the big-wigs to be taking a cut in their wages, but should also be asking big companies/corporations to be doing the same thing with their bosses too..

at the end of the day. the banks that loaned the american ppl the masses of money, who had no way of paying back have a lot to ask for, they are the ones that started this huge down ward spiral for the world economy.. they should be dragged through the coals for the flow on effect that is affecting every nation, but i think we know that's not going to happen.

at then end of the day, its going to take a while for everyone to get back on their feet, and the idea of spending your way out of a recession does sound silly, but it works.. you are putting money back into the economy making the dollar stronger. it just has to be done wisely

If this is, at least in part, a mortgage crisis then it should be understood that Mortgage Brokers played a role that is being ignored.

Twenty and thirty years ago, if you wanted to buy a house you went to Bank, Savings and Loan or a Credit Union. They would verify your income for the past three years and only loan 80 to 90 percent of the home's value. The Bank (S&L or CU) was going to hold the mortgage on the home with that borrower for 20 or 30 years.

The Mortgage Broker is different. They are only going to hold the mortgage for 6 months or so before it's sold to a Bank, Investment Bank, Retirement Fund or some other invester. And they don't sell them individually. They bundle them and they are called Mortgage Backed Securities. (Maybe at this point they should be called a steaming pile of bad paper.) Here's the real trick. You can bundle rotten loans with good loans and they become high grade because the rating agencies don't evaluate each mortgage in the bundle, they look at historical performance. Since most 80% 30 year loans have had their monthly payments made promptly and the home has increased in value each year what could possibly go wrong?

Here's what I do. As part of my financial reform package I eliminate Mortgage Brokers. (Think of the growth of Mortgage Brokers as the outsourcing of mortgage origination made necessary by rapid the consolidation of banks.) The second step is a tough one but I think it's necessary. The Federal Government should buy and demolish a limited number of forclosed and vacant homes based on energy inefficiency, structural deficiency and the local realestate market and/or the local housing supply/glut. I really don't like the idea but I haven't come up with anything better.

I did a google the other day for "NAHB unsold inventroy". NAHB stands for National Association of Home Builders. Basicly, small business that build houses. Sometimes they will build a house in the hopes that it's sold by the time it's finished. Over the past couple years the number of built but unsold homes has been increasing. If you buy poor quality forclosed homes from banks you help everyone who owns or who holds paper on a home and everyone that has an interest in borrowing money.

None of this matters in the long run though. If you don't buy American made products we're all going down.

From his mouth.

So you are arguing that Obama was lieing because conditions have changed and it will take longer? Is that it? He didn't say never. He said longer. And didn't give a timetable in the first place.

Next.

So you are arguing that Obama was lieing because conditions have changed and it will take longer? Is that it? He didn't say never. He said longer. And didn't give a timetable in the first place.

Next.

Are you freaking kidding me? The list goes on and on and on. Fine more links again this isn't that hard to find.

Tax cuts when running for the senant which he never even attempted.

Obama's lies website

There are whole websites that are deicated to this. Honestly how do you not find this? That one there has 76 lies and counting.

Washington post article

Him taking money from the oil companies which he claimed he wouldn't and didn't do.

Oil Company link

Compain Funding lie

There another one. Mind you these involve money now. He lied point blank. There is no it was different then it was now crap he flat out lied while doing it. So that argument is shot down.

I can keep getting more. Seriously he has lied that much it isn't hard. Just type in Obama's lies in any search engine and read and read. Reputable sources and all.

WTF???? Why did you write such a thing? LOL!!!

I was watching this show or something and they were talking about obama and it dawned on me. Man is he Bleeped. So I started a thread to talk about how he was screwed do to peoples expectations of him.

Well, his inauguration speech was pretty clear that everyone would have to make sacrafices in order to solve these issues. I predict he will do a lot of good but his shallow and simple mindedly shelfish constituency won't like him becuase they'll have to give certain luxuries up for the betterment of the country.

I take it you're not one of those shallow and simple minded who have to give up certain luxuries. I keep hearing these kind of remarks from people who are in a nice safe little place. But those people you're talking about have lost not just luxuries. They've lost their jobs and homes. Things they've worked for their entire lives. And another thing I keep hearing is that people are afraid to spend and that's the problem. And that remark usually starts with "those people in the trailer parks". I don't think the problem is that they are afraid to spend it's that they have no money to spend. And I don't think it's that unusual to stop spending if there is no money coming in to replace what you're spending.

I take it you're not one of those shallow and simple minded who have to give up certain luxuries. I keep hearing these kind of remarks from people who are in a nice safe little place. But those people you're talking about have lost not just luxuries. They've lost their jobs and homes. Things they've worked for their entire lives. And another thing I keep hearing is that people are afraid to spend and that's the problem. And that remark usually starts with "those people in the trailer parks". I don't think the problem is that they are afraid to spend it's that they have no money to spend. And I don't think it's that unusual to stop spending if there is no money coming in to replace what you're spending.

My business was hit hard by this crisis. My steady rate of purchases turned into none. The christmas rush was a huge disapointment. But yeah I personally have few to spend if any at all at times. Times are indeed hard.

Next.

Vaudeville

The old Vaudeville joke as true today as it was 80 years ago.

Funny Man: How can you tell when a Politician is lying?

Straight Man: I don't know, how can you tell when a Politician is lying?

Funny Man: His lips move.

Vaudeville

The old Vaudeville joke as true today as it was 80 years ago.

Funny Man: How can you tell when a Politician is lying?

Straight Man: I don't know, how can you tell when a Politician is lying?

Funny Man: His lips move.

lol it is true. But there are a few good ones.