Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Which UFO frauds/Liars were you taken in by?

fireinthesky

Which UFO frauds/Liars were you taken in by in the past?

No shame to admit it, the whole field of ufology is surrounded by a dense layer of b.s. It took me years personally to strip away through the garbage to get to the handful of decent individuals doing honest hard work in the field.

The UFO frauds & liars that I was taken in by in the past:

* Roger Leir - It took some asking & investigating before I came up with the truth about him & his lying malpracticing ways.

* Whitley Strieber - The man had real experiences, the book Communion holds up, but learning about all the crap & scams he's been up to since was enlightening to say the least. Sad that a real abductee could go bad like he did.

* David Sereda - The man purports to demonstrate physics with no qualifications to do so, now he makes & appears in motion pictures. Fruitcake when it comes down to his UFO science. I liked "Evidence: The Case For Nasa UFOs" but have since learned that the bulk of the footage in that production can be explained conventionally, Now I say the bulk, Not All. There are a handful of NASA clips which do not offer alternative explanation.

This is going to come off as totally arrogant, but I promise it isn't. I don't think I've ever been taken in by any of these frauds. The closest might have been Bob Lazar, but even after I watched one of his videos, I could sort of sniff out the BS and further research confirmed how full of it he was.

• Like 1

Robert Leir's case was found out really a fraud. I've read plenty of books about his case and I was convince by the evidences against him. Too bad we have to multiple check someone's background before believing their spontaneous presumptions.

This is going to come off as totally arrogant, but I promise it isn't. I don't think I've ever been taken in by any of these frauds. The closest might have been Bob Lazar, but even after I watched one of his videos, I could sort of sniff out the BS and further research confirmed how full of it he was.

No I admire that, some people are better judges of character than others. The hardest thing for me was I was willing to take that extra step & hear out people who had amazing things to tell, some people have amazing things to tell which are true, others are lying, the best a person can do is work on their detective skills & intuition.

No I admire that, some people are better judges of character than others. The hardest thing for me was I was willing to take that extra step & hear out people who had amazing things to tell, some people have amazing things to tell which are true, others are lying, the best a person can do is work on their detective skills & intuition.

Thanks. I am just a skeptic at heart. I don't take things at face value. I am open minded in that I will be satisfied when logic and research takes me to a real answer whether I like it or not, but I don't just blindly trust anyone, especially if they stand to make money off of their story.

And you are right, there are people out there with amazing and true things to say, but a lot of times, they are drowned out by fantastical and untrue claims that are far more sexy.

• Like 1

Robert Leir's case was found out really a fraud. I've read plenty of books about his case and I was convince by the evidences against him. Too bad we have to multiple check someone's background before believing their spontaneous presumptions.

Roger Leir, calls himself a Doctor. He's a podiatrist, Doctors train upwards of 10 years to be called doctors, Podiatrists train only for 4 years & cannot touch anything above the ankle surgically. Roger Leir has malpractice lawsuits against him. He stole his research & implants from Derrel Sims who is the actual discoverer of alien implants. Leir was hired by Sims team when they required a foot doctor to remove an implant. They became partners, later Leir's true character came to afront & Leir was fired. Leir took credit for a lot of Sims & Sabre Enterprises research. Derrel Sims is the man to go to for alien implant research. While the work Leir stole isn't at fault, the man himself cannot be trusted. There's proof of the malpractice suits in other posts here.

I like taking a more proactive approach by praising people and ideas I agree with than not.

But that's me. ;)

*looks to see if anyone's mentioned a certain channeller we all know and love yet*

*coughblossomcough*

oh, excuse me.

*looks to see if anyone's mentioned a certain channeller we all know and love yet*

*coughblossomcough*

oh, excuse me.

:rofl:

I don't know that any of the people who were taken in by her deliciously constructed BS are going to readily admit it.

:rofl:

I don't know that any of the people who were taken in by her deliciously constructed BS are going to readily admit it.

yeah, i also remember that most of the people on this forum were very very cynical regarding Blossom

yeah, i also remember that most of the people on this forum were very very cynical regarding Blossom

With very good reason.

I have no problem admitting I was taken in by Blossom's claim. And I was disappointed when nothing came in. I wanted a huge *** mothership to hover over us all and freak us the hell out for a few days. That would have made my day.

I have no problem admitting I was taken in by Blossom's claim. And I was disappointed when nothing came in. I wanted a huge *** mothership to hover over us all and freak us the hell out for a few days. That would have made my day.

Myself was never brought into her claims, I took the postion that if it came to be then thats fine, If not oh well I think they are out there anyways, JMO,

Speaking of that thread without mentioning her name, That thread was one of the fasest growing threads for the time it was up and going and was hitting a hundred people on it almost daily at about any time, Hmmm Make us wonder who all was really interested in what was going to happen, :lol:

Regards;

TFF

In regards to the fraud whose name shall remain untyped, I thought that the sheer number of people who actually bought her crap hook, line and sinker, was an eye opening look at how easily people will believe whatever it is that they are told. It was disturbing, but also appealed to my morbid sense of humor. It was the train wreck you could not look away from.

That said, I think that frauds/liars like these need to be called out and shamed by the public. Sure, it's up to the people who are snowed to deal with the fall out, and I wouldn't suggest punishing a fraud in the legal sense in most cases, but making sure that they are held up as examples and ostracized by the community they are trying to defraud is perfectly fair.

Edited by Marby

Any thoughts on Alex Collier or Nancy Lieder?

Mr. Sims

On the discovery channel. Edited by Jonny Wonny

Speaking of that thread without mentioning her name, That thread was one of the fasest growing threads for the time it was up and going and was hitting a hundred people on it almost daily at about any time, Hmmm Make us wonder who all was really interested in what was going to happen,

I readily admit that the main reason I started writing for AlienSeekerNews, UM, and UFODigest was to raise my own social profile in terms of writing, and to attract people to my site. During the week of October 14th, I averaged between 14,500 and 23,500 unique IPs (not hits, which were way more) per day on my site - many of them from top military and corporate offices all over the world (thanks XP webstats). But really, people are making too big a deal over that episode. My day before, during, and after went as usual, and even without anything coming in, I said "oh well" and went on happily. No big deal.

What I most enjoyed about it was finding out exactly who is who: the people who perform diligent research and know that we're being visited - with many hoping for full-on open contact one day, and those who love to refute or debunk. The October 14th debacle completely unmasked everyone in the field. Very few were neutral in pronouncing their opinions. And I logged them all for future reference. :)

Edited by DigitalSentinal

I readily admit that the main reason I started writing for AlienSeekerNews, UM, and UFODigest was to raise my own social profile in terms of writing, and to attract people to my site. During the week of October 14th, I averaged between 14,500 and 23,500 unique IPs (not hits, which were way more) per day on my site - many of them from top military and corporate offices all over the world (thanks XP webstats). But really, people are making too big a deal over that episode. My day before, during, and after went as usual, and even without anything coming in, I said "oh well" and went on happily. No big deal.

What I most enjoyed about it was finding out exactly who was who: the believe who research and know that we're being visited, and those who love to refute or debunk. The October 14th debacle completely unmasked everyone in the field. Very few were neutral in pronouncing their opinions.

She was a very transparent fraud. At least some of these people can BS through enough pseudo-science in order to raise questions and hook in the people who are not interested in doing a bit of background research. She was a cheap imitation of another well known fraud, JZ Knight, who was playing on weak minded individuals who wanted desperately to believe that someone would come along and change everything. It certainly brought out a lot of hypocrisy among the believers, who were going on about love and light in one sentence, and wanting to lovingly euthanizing those that didn't support the FOL in the next.

In the end, the burden of proof rests on the person claiming that their pet Indian spirit is telling them things. She failed to provide it, as most rational people expected. And why shouldn't rational individuals expect anything else given the fact that very few mediums out there can actually make an accurate prediction? Mediums, as I have learned in my twenty plus years of testing them given every chance, are usually all frauds. Very few actually have a gift of any sort, and those are usually the ones that are not charging.

DigitalSentinal

What I most enjoyed about it was finding out exactly who was who: the believe who research and know that we're being visited, and those who love to refute or debunk. The October 14th debacle completely unmasked everyone in the field. Very few were neutral in pronouncing their opinions.

And aint that the honest truth? I hang my head when i think about that im the one who started that terrible thread, YIKES, burys head in sand, I too visited your site and read the digest storys as well as others but my main reason was to see how this thing took off like wildfire all accross the world and indeed it did, Thanks for your contrabutions too, I wonder if anyone has visited her site to see if shes still going on about all that, I was there a couple months ago and she was,

Regards;

TFF

Her mention today sent me over to her blog for a quick look, thefinalfrontier. She's still rattling on about all that garbage, though to be honest, reading her blog is so horribly tiring that I didn't read a whole lot.

Marby, I thought you said you weren't going to talk to me anymore. I remember you clearly saying that. Ah well.

Expose whoever you wish. I don't mind being gullible to a degree - even though Blossom herself clearly believed herself. It keeps me open and fresh as opposed to tight and bitter. Besides, I usually wake up when I need to. I just enjoy a good ride - especially when it doesn't cost me anything and provides experience and food for thought - and many thousands of others do too. I still have no ill will towards Blossom or anyone.

Now...Marshall Applewhite on the other hand, deserves all the vitriol we can muster. That kook truly wanted people to die. Jim Jones is in the same boat.

I wouldn't hang my head in shame too long over that, TFF. It was an experience. A very useful one I may add. It was the first time the entire Ufology community got together to flame/discuss an imminent (though fictional) visitation. The same turnaround happens to debunkers all over the world when they debunk the presence of Extraterrestrials and all of a sudden they see something they think is otherworldly or experience contact. Then they find out what it's like to live in the other guy's shoes. :D

And with 2012 coming in, I'm actually glad we went through this. Now we can coast from here armed with all the experience and knowing in the world while others fall one by one into the hype bandwagon.

I thought it was all tremendously entertaining.

Edited by 747400

First of all, I thought you said you weren't going to talk to me anymore. I remember you clearly saying that.

Secondly, don the cape all you want and expose whoever you wish. I don't mind being gullible to a degree - even though Blossom herself clearly believed herself. It keeps me open and fresh as opposed to tight and bitter. Besides, I usually wake up when I need to. I just enjoy a good ride - especially when it doesn't cost me anything and provides experience and food for thought - and many thousands of others do too. I still have no ill will towards Blossom or anyone.

Now...Marshall Applewhite on the other hand, deserves all the vitriol we can muster. That kook truly wanted people to die. Jim Jones is in the same boat.

First...I wasn't, but you weren't being a jerk so I figured what the hell, I'll play nice. It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind, and I will happily change it back if I need to.

Secondly, I have no ill will toward anyone, and probably live the most stress free existence a person can in the modern world. I am very fortunate, happy, and exposing people for what they are does not equate to bitterness or ill will. It just means I like to cut through the BS, and can find happiness without some outside source providing fairy dust and unicorn poop for me.

Applewhite and Jones are only worse than these frauds because they were directly responsible for the deaths of the fools that followed them. As far as I am concerned, every one of these people has the same potential to cause harm, whether it is on a large scale like those two, or a small, even individual scale. For this reason, aside from the fact that it gives me immense pleasure, I like to make sure to expose frauds in any way I can.

And yeah... 747400, there was an enormous amusement factor with that particular fraud.

Edited by Marby

For this reason, aside from the fact that it gives me immense pleasure, I like to make sure to expose frauds in any way I can.

You enjoy it? Seriously?

I think I'm getting a Goldeneye moment...

linked-image

Her mention today sent me over to her blog for a quick look, thefinalfrontier. She's still rattling on about all that garbage, though to be honest, reading her blog is so horribly tiring that I didn't read a whole lot.

OMG, shes still going on with all that stuff huh? Thanks for the warning, I as DS feels that I habor no ill towards her, It was an interesting ride and brought alot of people together but also seperated some, It certianly brought all back to earth and into reality anyways right? And of coarse some never left earth to start with ,,, :lol:

Regards;

TFF

OMG, shes still going on with all that stuff huh? Thanks for the warning, I as DS feels that I habor no ill towards her, It was an interesting ride and brought alot of people together but also seperated some, It certianly brought all back to earth and into reality anyways right? And of coarse some never left earth to start with ,,, :lol:

Regards;

TFF

:lol: Mind you, I didn't read much. I felt dirty clicking on her web site as it was. I have no respect for that woman. Anyone that can do that, even if they themselves believe it, which I still doubt, is sick as far as I am concerned.

But yeah, interesting is one way to put it. I used to read some of the posts to my husband and we would laugh until we cried.