Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Which UFO frauds/Liars were you taken in by?

fireinthesky

You enjoy it? Seriously?

I think I'm getting a Goldeneye moment...

linked-image

:(They've suppressed your account.

Edited by 747400

You enjoy it? Seriously?

I think I'm getting a Goldeneye moment...

linked-image

The reference is lost on me. I lost interest in Bond after Roger Moore.

LOL!

Anyhow Marby. Trust me - I'm still a jerk. ;)

I never said you weren't. You just weren't acting like one in the moment. :) I had a feeling it would quickly degenerate.

Edited by Marby

Good that we're clear on that. I like a good morning spar before lunch.

Don't hold your breath for more. I'm already bored and sorry I was nice at all.

Remember, I don't deal with BS, so yeah, you know what's next.

Edited by Marby

I always look back at it as a learning experience and a damn good one at that,

DigitalSentinal

And with 2012 coming in, I'm actually glad we went through this. Now we can coast from here armed with all the experience and knowing in the world while others fall one by one into the hype bandwagon.

And with 2012 coming its gonna get alot more interesting, So many people worldwide think something is going to happen and especially all the Nibiru crap, Many also believe the end of times in 2012 as well as a planetary alignment and a pole shift on earth to boot, :w00t: I am sure around that time many people will need support from others who know better than all this stuff going around, Heck I was on yahoo answers for about 4 years and many of these kids are scared to death over 2012 malarcy, I always told them after convincing them that nothing will happen that if I can one person to understand then thats a start, This 2012 thing is going to be huge and many are going to freak out over it based on what ive seen on many many other web sites as well as right here on UM,

Anyways Regards;

TFF

thefinalfrontier...

2012 is going to be a parade of crazies.

Hi Marby;

Yes it sure will be, It has just grown to unbelievable proprtions that its hard to grasp, Theres so many just scared over this, They will need people with common sense to be able to help them thru im afraid, At least thats the way I have seen it, Its just so huge that the kids are evn afraid, Ive seen this many times over,

Regards;

TFF

Hi Marby;

Yes it sure will be, It has just grown to unbelievable proprtions that its hard to grasp, Theres so many just scared over this, They will need people with common sense to be able to help them thru im afraid, At least thats the way I have seen it, Its just so huge that the kids are evn afraid, Ive seen this many times over,

Regards;

TFF

I think it's horribly pathetic, especially since a lot of the people who are so convinced that it will mark The End, would dismiss everything else about Mayan mythology and belief. But not the exciting End Times scenario. That just has to be true! :o

But you're right, the best anyone can do is try and talk some common sense into these people.

Lazar did ....... I still don't know totally what to think and I think this explains it well

http://noriohayakawa2012.blogspot.com/2008...ar-alleged.html

did he arrive on the scene before or after those that worked at area 51 tried suing for damages to health and life ? ( where it was tossed out because it's above responsibility and law )

Lazar did ....... I still don't know totally what to think and I think this explains it well

did he arrive on the scene before or after those that worked at area 51 tried suing for damages to health and life ? ( where it was tossed out because it's above responsibility and law )

I'm not sure if it was before or after, actually. I watched the video he put out after wisdom teeth surgery and was fascinated, then a few days later when the pain killers wore off, I looked him up and read about what a horrible fraud he was. But for the life of me, I cannot remember what came first.

It's been a few years since I even gave this guy a thought.

Edited by Marby

Just out of curiosity, are there any ufologists/researchers that are highly esteemed in the field and seen as genuine - that people unanimously agree with?

This should be interesting...

Edited by DigitalSentinal

I believe starchy to be a fraud. I do not believe his pictures are of aliens. Especially the one of the helicopter chasing a severed Brontosaurus head.

I think it's horribly pathetic, especially since a lot of the people who are so convinced that it will mark The End, would dismiss everything else about Mayan mythology and belief. But not the exciting End Times scenario. That just has to be true! :o

But you're right, the best anyone can do is try and talk some common sense into these people.

Hi Marby;

Yes all we can do is try to pound some common sense into those who are worried about all that crap, I still cant swallow the idea that so many are that gullible, Anyways its gonna be exiting and fun IMO,;

Regards;

TFF

Lt. Riply thanks for the interesting read about lazar, Guess its all in a state of confusion and we may never know the actual truth of it all but it is interesting anyways;

Regards;

TFF

I believe starchy to be a fraud. I do not believe his pictures are of aliens. Especially the one of the helicopter chasing a severed Brontosaurus head.

You got that right sweetpumper, He sure can use his wild imagination but hey at least we have some good entertainment, :lol:

Regards;

TFF

Just out of curiosity, are there any ufologists/researchers that are highly esteemed in the field and seen as genuine - that people unanimously agree with?

I thought there were a few, at least, keeping in mind that nobody unanimously agrees with anyone about anything. Seems like some believers don't necessarily mind supporting ufologists whose views are mutually exclusive?

How about ufologists/researchers that are highly esteemed out of their field, by non-believers? Well, I kinda like Vallee. And also... uh...

Well DS heres a link to the ufo hall of fame site, you can also see the ufo hall of shame, its on the ufo watchdog site,

Link;

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/fame.html

Hope that helps;

TFF

Hi Marby;

Yes all we can do is try to pound some common sense into those who are worried about all that crap, I still cant swallow the idea that so many are that gullible, Anyways its gonna be exiting and fun IMO,;

Regards;

TFF

I'm not up for pounding anything into anyone. I might get deported ;) Seriously, I don't think it really is hard to believe that so many people can be so gullible.

People believe a lot of things that are completely silly. Churches and entire cultures can be built upon the preposterous. It will be interesting to watch, though. It might well turn into a Darwin spring clean.

For me it is George Adamski

Darn quote button is not workin for me it seems, Ya I hear ya, I tend to take it all in stride myself, I kinda enjoy the fun of it all, But thats just me,

TFF

You kind of have to, or it would be hard to resist the urge to slap some of these people. ;)

I'm not up for pounding anything into anyone. I might get deported Seriously, I don't think it really is hard to believe that so many people can be so gullible.

People believe a lot of things that are completely silly. Churches and entire cultures can be built upon the preposterous. It will be interesting to watch, though. It might well turn into a Darwin spring clean.

Darn quote button is not workin for me it seems, Ya I hear ya, I tend to take it all in stride myself, I kinda enjoy the fun of it all, But thats just me,

TFF

Speaking of the Darwin Awards, I have not visited that site in about a year now, Maybe ill find time to get over there and see whos last years winner was,

Edited by thefinalfrontier

This is going to come off as totally arrogant, but I promise it isn't. I don't think I've ever been taken in by any of these frauds. The closest might have been Bob Lazar, but even after I watched one of his videos, I could sort of sniff out the BS and further research confirmed how full of it he was.

Just curious - but when was it confirmed that Bob Lazar and his area 51 revere engineering story was a hoax?

I know that there has never been another witness (at least to my knowledge) that ever confirmed his story, but isn't it reasonable to believe that the government perpetrated a smear campaign against him and did everything possible to destroy his credibility?

I'm pretty sure his life was threatened as well, so if he was lying why would somebody want to silence him?

Just curious - but when was it confirmed that Bob Lazar and his area 51 revere engineering story was a hoax?

I know that there has never been another witness (at least to my knowledge) that ever confirmed his story, but isn't it reasonable to believe that the government perpetrated a smear campaign against him and did everything possible to destroy his credibility?

I'm pretty sure his life was threatened as well, so if he was lying why would somebody want to silence him?

You mean a smear campaign involving removing any trace of his existence at the places he claimed to work, go to school, etc.? Which would be simpler? Lazar lied, or the government go to all that trouble to discredit him? Particularly since no one else has been able to confirm his account?

Was his life threatened? Do you have credible evidence for that?