Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Young matador 'breaks record'

Owlscrying

An 11-year-old Mexican matador killed six bulls in a single bullfight claiming the dubious honor of being the youngest matador to achieve the feat.

Tiny Michelito Lagravere Peniche - who has been bullfighting since he was four - gave the controversial performance to over 3,00 people on Saturday in Merida, southeastern Mexico.

Both child protection and anti-bullfighting campaign groups had wanted the event cancelled, but a local judges ruled that it could go ahead.

The animal charities argued the fight was an animal rights issue while child protection groups claimed it was a form of child abuse ... looking at his outfit I am tempted to agree with them.

Michelito, who first killed a bull at the age of six, is now waiting to hear from the Guinness World Records, and probably PETA.

Source

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queenofthefairies

• Vampwitchenstein

• Barnacle Battlefront

• Still Waters

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Getting them into violence at an early age :rolleyes:

Disgusting. I hate animal cruelty in any shape or form. Grrrr...

So do I......it says he started bullfighting at the age of four!! ......the mind boggles :no::no:

Disgusting, horrible and ridiculous. In this day and age humans still have to get their thrills torturing animals.

Serious superiority complex.

Disgusting, horrible and ridiculous. In this day and age humans still have to get their thrills torturing animals.

Serious superiority complex.

THIS is the reason i hate matadors! grr just makes me angry :angry:

<QueenoftheFairies>

When I worked in a hotel in Spain I used to get asked a lot by the holidaymakers for details about going to the bullfight. I used to refuse to give them any details, even thought they'd give me a bad report I didn't care. I just told them it was cruel and by telling them details so they could go, I felt like I was condoning it. Amazing really. I doubt they would ever dream of going to one in the UK, but they used to whinge about 'imbibing the culture' or crap like that. No way was I going to tell them how to get there or call up to find costs- if they want to go to something so barbaric, they can bloody well find the information out themselves :angry2:

I used to have a brilliant photo of a bullfighter getting gored up the bum....must admit when I looked at it, it just used to make me think "and that serves you right" :P

When I worked in a hotel in Spain I used to get asked a lot by the holidaymakers for details about going to the bullfight. I used to refuse to give them any details, even thought they'd give me a bad report I didn't care. I just told them it was cruel and by telling them details so they could go, I felt like I was condoning it. Amazing really. I doubt they would ever dream of going to one in the UK, but they used to whinge about 'imbibing the culture' or crap like that. No way was I going to tell them how to get there or call up to find costs- if they want to go to something so barbaric, they can bloody well find the information out themselves :angry2:

I used to have a brilliant photo of a bullfighter getting gored up the bum....must admit when I looked at it, it just used to make me think "and that serves you right" :P

I highly agree with this post! :) if i was in Spain there would be NO WAY that i would go to one of these things....I think it's disgusting. :angry2:

<QueenoftheFairies>

When I was on holiday in Spain, a while ago now, the hotel had one of these orgainsed trips to see a real live bullfight for those who wanted to see, but I didn't go.....no thank you very much....no way :no:

When I was on holiday in Spain, a while ago now, the hotel had one of these orgainsed trips to see a real live bullfight for those who wanted to see, but I didn't go.....no thank you very much....no way :no:

GOOD for you! :)

<QueenoftheFairies>

My mom and dad went to a bullfight years ago and it made them both ill. There are still barbaric "traditions' that should be outlawed, like the seal hunts in Canada and the fox hunts in Europe, and that is one of them.

How they can justify something like that is beyond me. :angry2:

Edited by Michelle

gotta love this disgusting cruelty thinly veiled as a sport..

no words can say how vulgar this is, and that in this day and age is still being performed in front of a crowd. i always barrack for the bull, and cheer when the matador gets his just desserts.

because you know, you are such a manly man to be able to cause such pain and suffering to an innocent animal

The latest:

Guinness won't recognize Mexican child bullfighter

MEXICO CITY – An 11-year-old bullfighter in Mexico may have set a record by slaying six young bulls in one appearance, but you won't see his name in the Guinness World Records book.

According to Mexico's National Association of Matadors, Michel "Michelito" Lagravere set the international record at his age for bull calves killed in a two-hour bullfight watched by more than 3,500 people.

But Guinness World Records says it was not aware the event was taking place and will not recognize the result.

"We do not accept records based on the killing or harming of animals," Guinness said on its Web site.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_mexico_child_bullfighter

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/

GOOD FOR GUINNESS!!!

And for the record, I also pull for the bulls.

What is WRONG with Humans?

Advanced intelligence? Really? How many other animals either force still other animals (as in pitbull or c*** fighting) to maim and kill each other for the watchers enjoyment or use animals (as in bull fighting/gladiator games and yes, rodeo's) pitted against Humans in unfair matches to injure, wound, kill and inflict pain to force them to entertain.

Sick, sick, sick.

I'm not sure if it is the same in the US, but rodeo bulls are treated very well over here. I use to know someone who kept rodeo bulls and dang, I'd love to have had their life. They were the healthiest cows I'd ever seen

I'm not sure if it is the same in the US, but rodeo bulls are treated very well over here. I use to know someone who kept rodeo bulls and dang, I'd love to have had their life. They were the healthiest cows I'd ever seen

First of, all due respect, cows are not used in rodeo's. Bulls are, with their 'boy parts' intact. Ever notice the strap around a bull's (including the horses used) rear section? Guess what its cinched around in order to make the bull or 'bronco' buck so furiously night after night? Not to mention the calf roping ridiculousness.

I have no problem with real cowboys doing a real job hopping on an unbroken horse and 'breaking' it in, but of course, there's the show to think of, the money to be made, the 'cowboys' to popularize and it's really hard to come up with a dozen or so unbroken, genuinely wild stallions, broncos, mustangs etc. every night. So they use the same ones over & over, thus the need to put the squeeze on their 'thingy's' for our amusement.

Yes, they do take good care of them when they're not forcing them to buck around with some yay-who on their back and strapped 'stuff'. But what kind of life no matter how healthy is that caged & traveling all the time, like a circus.

And I've never known of a legitimate reason why bulls would need to be broke to ride.

I'm not one of those militant animal rights people, I just don't recall any other species of animal that feels the need to entertain themselves by controlling another animal and using them the way we do. If you're going to eat the bull, eat the bull. If you want to jump on one out in your field and ride (then outrun) it, go right ahead. But when it becomes a spectacle and mister bull is a 'kept bull' just for entertainment and giggles and no longer has a chance to chase your dumb butt out of his field and has no choice but to buck and flail himself around night after night... I'm not buying it.

Edit: PS; Where is 'over here'?

Edited by BlondiGeist