Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nine-year-old is "world's cleverest child"

UM-Bot

chemistry2.jpg
Ainan Cawley, who lives in Singapore with his expatriate family, is studying chemistry at college. He passed a GCSE at the age of seven. He can recite Pi - the number starting 3.14 that gives the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter - to 518 decimal places. He also knows the periodic table by heart.

His father Valentine Cawley keeps a blog on Ainan's progress titled "The boy who knew too much". Mr Cawley said: "His vision is wide, ranging across the disciplines of physics, biology and chemistry - though with a particular emphasis on the latter; sometimes his insight seems prophetic, for he sees what is possible, rather than what is merely now. "

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: The Telegraph

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Resonance

• Dakotabre

• odiesbsc

• Trolololol

Wow. I wonder what are the life span of those kind of kids. And till when would they excel in that field when they wend puberty.

actually, i remember watching a TV documentary about these wonder kids. After certain age they lose their amazing ability and actually become more and more dumb. Forgot the name of that documentary though :-/ ...but oe of the kids in it was something like 10 yearsold and already performing surgeries in India..

This frighten's me more than it does, suprise. So, how long will it be before he's recruited into the Government for his genius intellect and is performing illegal activitie's?

*Facepalm*

Looks like the other side is sending in reinforcements to this crazy place. Awesome!

Many, many people recite Pi for much, much longer than this brat. Boy, do overachievers annoy me. His dad sounds rather arrogant, as well.

Let's pray some horrible freak accident befalls him.

Many, many people recite Pi for much, much longer than this brat. Boy, do overachievers annoy me. His dad sounds rather arrogant, as well.

Lmao. Just because he is too younge doesnt meant he doesnt have the right to be respected. Aperantly you sound more arrogan and self centered than this child. :w00t:

Reciting PI? I'd memorized an entire Bill Cosby album when I was 5.....

SNAKES!! You get outta here!!!

What kind of parents offer their four year old a GCSE? Bet they're making more use of this gift than he is....

actually, i remember watching a TV documentary about these wonder kids. After certain age they lose their amazing ability and actually become more and more dumb. Forgot the name of that documentary though :-/ ...but oe of the kids in it was something like 10 yearsold and already performing surgeries in India..

Starchilds. The next evolution of mankind?

Reciting PI? I'd memorized an entire Bill Cosby album when I was 5.....

SNAKES!! You get outta here!!!

Nasty Snakes.

Snakes! You hear me?

I'm gonna put my little toe out here, snakes, and you just give it one of your snakey licks.

I knew your weren't out there. Lie to me, boy....

Harte

Hoping a horrible freak accident befalls a 9 year old?? WTF is wrong with you?? Do you think this 9 year old gives two ****s about the stuff his parents are pushing on him right now? Get mad at the parents not the child you prick! :angry:

Hoping a horrible freak accident befalls a 9 year old?? WTF is wrong with you?? Do you think this 9 year old gives two ****s about the stuff his parents are pushing on him right now? Get mad at the parents not the child you prick! :angry:

No.

Hahaha i was just thinking that exact thing!

I hope this kid gets hit by a meteorite or something.

:)

Hahaha i was just thinking that exact thing!

I hope this kid gets hit by a meteorite or something.

:)

This coming from someone who is a 19 year old who does skateboarding for a living!!! Hmmm, Jealousy is a horrible thing! Don't be nasty to a child just because he is smarter and has more potential than yourself!!

This coming from someone who is a 19 year old who does skateboarding for a living!!! Hmmm, Jealousy is a horrible thing! Don't be nasty to a child just because he is smarter and has more potential than yourself!!

Totally agree with you there. Skateboarding and busting your nuts is a real good way of life. But getting hit by a meteorite is LOL

Edited by j000z11

Totally agree with you there. Skateboarding and busting your nuts is a real good way of life. But getting hit by a meteorite is LOL

Hahaha.. shows how much you imbeciles actually know. Skateboarding is 'not' a 'living' for me.. It's a hobby. So, my bad for having something other than sitting on my *** at a computer all day, to do....

I also am a Program Assistant at CISCO.

So, say what you want..

Edited by Resonance

Hahaha.. shows how much you imbeciles actually know. Skateboarding is 'not' a 'living' for me.. It's a hobby. So, my bad for having something other than sitting on my *** at a computer all day, to do....

I also am a Program Assistant at CISCO.

So, say what you want..

One other thing, do you feeble minded idiots always take things so literally?

Well I guess it's that smart kids 'bad' (as you put it) for being 10 times smarter than you at half your age!!

You say that skateboarding is your hobby so basically 'good on you' for having something else to do.... Well good on this young kid for having an interest and really making something of himself!!

As for do we 'feeble minded idiots' always take things so literal.... Well when you come on here making nasty stupid comments... what do you expect other people to say?? Do you expect people to praise you for it?

Well I guess it's that smart kids 'bad' (as you put it) for being 10 times smarter than you at half your age!!

You say that skateboarding is your hobby so basically 'good on you' for having something else to do.... Well good on this young kid for having an interest and really making something of himself!!

As for do we 'feeble minded idiots' always take things so literal.... Well when you come on here making nasty stupid comments... what do you expect other people to say?? Do you expect people to praise you for it?

No, i was not looking for apraisal. I was just joking around. And yes, it was a 'stupid' comment. And as for him being smarter than me, i commend him for that! It was a joke..

It should be more so pertaining towards his parents..... I'm sure they kept pushing him into things he wasn't interested in.... Like i said, i commend the genius for what he's done, and i hope he continues pursuing his interest in physics and such. I have absolutely nothing against the kid. I wish him the best..

I also wish you all would lighten up a bit.... But, we can't have everything can we?

Edited by Resonance

Nice glasses.

TeraLink Was Here!

"sometimes his insight seems prophetic, for he sees what is possible, rather than what is merely now."

What a goofy statement. Knowing what will happen when performing an experiment makes him a prophet? I'm sure the kid is gifted, but his dad sounds like a douche...

"sometimes his insight seems prophetic, for he sees what is possible, rather than what is merely now."

What a goofy statement. Knowing what will happen when performing an experiment makes him a prophet? I'm sure the kid is gifted, but his dad sounds like a douche...

Hahah.. true true.. ;)

so hes "clever"

sure hes bright for being able to learn quickly at a young age

and a seemingly amazing memory retention

but learning items of existing knowlege isnt the same as creating new knowlege

which is how i would see someone as "clever"

if he comes up with any novel theories, postulates, inventions, chemical polymers, etc. let me know

otherwise hes just some kid to me