Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nine-year-old is "world's cleverest child"

UM-Bot

No, i was not looking for apraisal. I was just joking around. And yes, it was a 'stupid' comment. And as for him being smarter than me, i commend him for that! It was a joke..

It should be more so pertaining towards his parents..... I'm sure they kept pushing him into things he wasn't interested in.... Like i said, i commend the genius for what he's done, and i hope he continues pursuing his interest in physics and such. I have absolutely nothing against the kid. I wish him the best..

I also wish you all would lighten up a bit.... But, we can't have everything can we?

LOL. I agree with you Resonance, I knew you were joking. I guess people that aren't from this part of the world just don't get it. I'm not too far from you and I have friends in Lewiston. You probab;y don't know them, they are much older than you. But one never knows.

Odie :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Resonance

• Dakotabre

• odiesbsc

• Trolololol

- Post removed -

Young 20's, No children, Very happy actually :)

You call me cranky and unsatisfied? Lets look at your first post in this topic: You call the child a 'Brat', stating that Overacheivers annoy you, and then you call the father arrogant!!

But thanks for your incorrect coments :)

This is so unreal for a child to have that kinda IQ...

what's sad ??? so many here seem angry and jealous over a smart 9 year old.

children are like sponges ... they learn what ever we teach them. But it's a job doing so that many parents aren't willing to invest in. The couch and tv is easier. If little johnny wasn't playing PS3 and actually studying maybe he could recite PI too.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

"sometimes his insight seems prophetic, for he sees what is possible, rather than what is merely now."

What a goofy statement. Knowing what will happen when performing an experiment makes him a prophet? I'm sure the kid is gifted, but his dad sounds like a douche...

I took it to mean the kid is creative enough to think outside the box. it doesn't say he knows what will happen when performing an experiment . It says he sees what is possible rather than what is merely 'now' ( taken as usual thinking about a subject ) .

in that sense one could call that insight prophetic in the broadest sense of the word.

it is only a goofy statement if you didn't understand it.

More parents should take the same interest in their kids education.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

You call me cranky and unsatisfied? Lets look at your first post in this topic: You call the child a 'Brat', stating that Overacheivers annoy you, and then you call the father arrogant!!

Now that was a burn!

you got spunk kido :tu:

Edit: forget I said the kido thing k ;)

Edited by The Silver Thong

man if i was that kid i would kill myself...his parents probably make him go to bed at like 7pm and can't interact with other children or watch tv or anything Lol

they probably force him to study 9 hours a day

This is so unreal for a child to have that kinda IQ...

The article doesn't say the kid is smart or has a giant IQ, it says he is very clever. As a whole, humans are not very smart, but they are clever creatures. I know of a child that had his IQ measured at the age of seven at 165 and he turned out to be a janitor. What makes the difference is if they get all the lucky breaks or if the system works against them. Clever yes, smart no!

man if i was that kid i would kill myself...his parents probably make him go to bed at like 7pm and can't interact with other children or watch tv or anything Lol

they probably force him to study 9 hours a day

YEAH LOL What would life be like without TV?? And studying?! Preposterous!!!!

Seriously, congratulations to the kid. I hope he goes far.

This coming from someone who is a 19 year old who does skateboarding for a living!!! Hmmm, Jealousy is a horrible thing! Don't be nasty to a child just because he is smarter and has more potential than yourself!!

Just goes to show, DON'T post any personal information about yourself on an internet forum as it WILL be used AGAINST you. :)

The point is, when the boy aged and he did nothing extraordinary anymore, he'll be forgotten just like the others from the past. This is no supernatural stories as children maybe gifted or can be trained. They just happen 1 in a million but imagine how many people are there in this world and how many more have came and will come.

His parents surely havn't forced him into this freakish lifestlye, bringing them fame worldwide and bringing him a ruined social life, abnormal upbringing and grotesque mental issues...

Lets just hope he swallows a puffer fish, put him outta his misery.

HAHAHA.... incorrect?

First off... you spelt comment wrong...

Secondly, how would you know if the father were arrogant? Or the child were a brat? It's not like you live with them.... so, honestly, most 9 year olds 'ARE' brats....

So, as for his statement being 'incorrect'.... i'd say the only one that 'is' incorrect, is you.

I took it to mean the kid is creative enough to think outside the box. it doesn't say he knows what will happen when performing an experiment . It says he sees what is possible rather than what is merely 'now' ( taken as usual thinking about a subject ) .

in that sense one could call that insight prophetic in the broadest sense of the word.

it is only a goofy statement if you didn't understand it.

More parents should take the same interest in their kids education.

Well, i understood it good and well. As for being able to 'see' the possibilities to the outcome of an experiment... whoopdy doo! I can do that also, along with many many many other 'normal' people...

Now, i'm not stupid, my IQ is a lot higher than most at my age.. That still doesn't make me any better though.

Seeing the outcome possibilities, is nothing more than normal to me...

Then again, he 'is' 9 years old, i'll give him that. I just hope he retains all of this knowledge being forced upon him.

HAHAHA.... incorrect?

First off... you spelt comment wrong...

Secondly, how would you know if the father were arrogant? Or the child were a brat? It's not like you live with them.... so, honestly, most 9 year olds 'ARE' brats....

So, as for his statement being 'incorrect'.... i'd say the only one that 'is' incorrect, is you.

Umm dude you are all freakin backwards. She didn't say those things she was responding to someone who did. Now say sorry :w00t:

Umm dude you are all freakin backwards. She didn't say those things she was responding to someone who did. Now say sorry :w00t:

Lol, okay...

SORRY!! ;)

No but really, no harm was meant by it, i was just stating my opinion.

resonance, i am stunned by your ignorance.

no offence but if you and others cant see the potential of this kind of child being born (and its happening more and more all the time) then you quite simply have to be ignorant individuals.

the ability to think outside the norm/mainstream/drilled into your head way of thinking is the single greatest gift we humans have and if you cant see that, i suggest you go watch more mtv garbage because by now, your brains already lost the fight. imagine if einstein hadnt been able to think outside the box....

resonance, i am stunned by your ignorance.

no offence but if you and others cant see the potential of this kind of child being born (and its happening more and more all the time) then you quite simply have to be ignorant individuals.

the ability to think outside the norm/mainstream/drilled into your head way of thinking is the single greatest gift we humans have and if you cant see that, i suggest you go watch more mtv garbage because by now, your brains already lost the fight. imagine if einstein hadnt been able to think outside the box....

Wow.... okay... now... first off.... nice name.. 'expandmymind'.... apparently, it hasn't worked out too well for you...

Anyway.

If you would like to call me 'ignorant'.... then you had better look in the mirror...

Apparently, you've been ignorant, and havne't read all of my posts.

You don't understand what i've been saying....

I never once said, this kid is 'stupid', or this kid is unintelligent..

Are you stupid?

No, so don't act like it.

The 'single' greatest gift given to humans... riiiight...

As opposed to conciousness...

Before you try to outsmart someone, why don't you actually make sense in your own mind, before you bestow the burden of idiocracy on us.

Edited by Resonance

Thats a good news.....Let Scientists learn from him

Thanks

B???

this makes me feel like studying.

Why haven't these geniuses become amazing scientists. C. Darwin was considered to have had an average intellect as a kid . It all seems odd to me.

"I never once said, this kid is 'stupid', or this kid is unintelligent.."

i didnt accuse you of saying that. in fact all i accused you of, was being ignorant. which you have proved by the statement above.

"The 'single' greatest gift given to humans... riiiight...

As opposed to conciousness..."

dude, come one. are you serious? consciousness isnt a gift only given to humans.. animals have it too.

now please, i didnt join this forum for a slagging match, so could we stop spamming this one with tripe.

"I never once said, this kid is 'stupid', or this kid is unintelligent.."

i didnt accuse you of saying that. in fact all i accused you of, was being ignorant. which you have proved by the statement above.

"The 'single' greatest gift given to humans... riiiight...

As opposed to conciousness..."

dude, come one. are you serious? consciousness isnt a gift only given to humans.. animals have it too.

now please, i didnt join this forum for a slagging match, so could we stop spamming this one with tripe.

Yes, we could... but first off..

You're the ignorant fool..

Trust me..

I'll even take my time to quote the unintelligence that you left me in that post. :)

"dude, come one. are you serious? consciousness isnt a gift only given to humans.. animals have it too."...

Uh.... Humans are animals ....... but w/e you say ....

Be ignorant..

Why is everyone so ignorant? Why can't everyone be like me? I'm the smartest man in the world. :mellow::o^_^:P:lol::wub::wacko::blush::devil::gun::yes:

Edited by odiesbsc

Why is everyone so ignorant? Why can't everyone be like me? I'm the smartest man in the world. :mellow::o^_^:P:lol::wub::wacko::blush::devil::gun::yes:

And who is it you are referring to that is 'ignorant'?