Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nine-year-old is "world's cleverest child"

UM-Bot

Many, many people recite Pi for much, much longer than this brat. Boy, do overachievers annoy me. His dad sounds rather arrogant, as well.

Let's pray some horrible freak accident befalls him.

You are going to feel bad when this kid ends up with a brain tumor or something....have you seen Phenomenon?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Resonance

• Dakotabre

• odiesbsc

• Trolololol

Not that impressive actually, there are a lot more (and smarter) "world's cleverest children". And his intelligence will probably go down the drain when he reaches puberty. There are a fair amount of highly advanced/intelligent children, but most don't remain like that their whole lives.

At the age of 7, with him passing a GCSE (for you take those at 15)..is amazing!!!

At seven I could just about blow my nose LMAO :lol:

**EDIT**

**Oen, drop it.**

Edited by aquatus1
Inflamatory Remarks

i think he'll get bored of being "the world cleverest kid" eventually. wait until hes like 16, he'll be using his "cleverness" to pick up chicks instead of books and facts

lol

And who is it you are referring to that is 'ignorant'?

Actually, no one, just being facetious with all the bickering going on. :yes:

Odie :D

Fascinating.

However, having met or heard of a few individuals (of all ages), all around the world, whose processing capabilities (or whatever you wish to call it) were far above and beyond anything usually considered "normal", but who never had the luck of being even schooled, let alone intellectually oriented, I find the typically journalistic title of "the world's cleverest child" hard to swallow and somewhat offensive to all those victims of intellectual neglect that the world will never hear about.

(This has nothing whatsoever to do with the contributor of this interesting piece of news, of course; it's just a personal musing.

But I just had to say it.)

Wow. I wonder what are the life span of those kind of kids. And till when would they excel in that field when they wend puberty.

For what it's worth, I had a great-uncle (never met him as I was born many decades after his passing) who at the age of two could - among other things - do math homework for his siblings who were already attending school (and then for their school mates, too).

He is also said to have been an unusually "wise" and kind child. There are people - now very old people - who still remember him, to this day.

He died a day after his third birthday.

The doctor who attended him stated that - based on his "advanced mental state of development" - he wasn't going to live long anyway.

But keep in mind, this was many, MANY decades ago, and we all know (I hope!) that physicians often know far less than they 'd like to believe.

Be it as it may, he died of a disease - some say diphtheria, other say 'something else' (but do not specify what) - so... we'll never know.

Edited by Sempervirens

No matter how clever you are...

someday...

there's always a day when you forgot where you put the key/remote :rofl:

Many, many people recite Pi for much, much longer than this brat. Boy, do overachievers annoy me. His dad sounds rather arrogant, as well.

Let's pray some horrible freak accident befalls him.

Are you a bit jealous?

Are you a bit jealous?

He actually doesn't sound like he's jealous at all. It seems to me, he's pointing out the facts.

• 2 weeks later...

All those who are saying that terrible thing befalls on him.. are utter stupid and lack any sense of morality.

Tell me one thing.. How many 9 year olds have you come across in life which have the same ability..? None? Do you hate over-knowledge? Do you want this world to be spreading terror with guns and killing and playing GTA ???? Or do you want this world to be flaming all those who advance in their way?

Hope this little genius becomes the next Einstein and perhaps increases the bank of knowledge humanity has...

It's hard to believe that such non-sense still exists in the people of this world.. or perhaps it's becoming a common thing with time.

so hes "clever"

sure hes bright for being able to learn quickly at a young age

and a seemingly amazing memory retention

but learning items of existing knowlege isnt the same as creating new knowlege

which is how i would see someone as "clever"

if he comes up with any novel theories, postulates, inventions, chemical polymers, etc. let me know

otherwise hes just some kid to me

I agree with you that he is just gaining existing knowledge.. but I am sure he will give new knowledge too, once he gets enough knowledge...

Every path starts with one step. Don't blame him if he took someone's help in stepping the first step. I am sure he will make his own way.

His younger brothers Fintan, five, and Tiarnan, three, are described by their father as, respectively, a "gifted child actor" and a "baby genius".

Wow, if true, pretty good genes in that family.

Some of the comments about this article are definately out of order. Personally, I'm happy to see younger children as smart as he is. It'll be kids like him that can change the world and make our lives easier--from advancements in various fields. For the other's who seem to disrespect this child's family to the point of wishing their death is uncalled for. You know who you are.

If this kid one day finds a cure for cancer and you happen to have it. Then hopefully that cure gets to you before you die, if not, then it would be a bit ironic.

I see far too many kids stray the wrong way these days.

So this brings in a fresh of breath air.

what's sad ??? so many here seem angry and jealous over a smart 9 year old.

children are like sponges ... they learn what ever we teach them. But it's a job doing so that many parents aren't willing to invest in. The couch and tv is easier. If little johnny wasn't playing PS3 and actually studying maybe he could recite PI too.

True enough.

man if i was that kid i would kill myself...his parents probably make him go to bed at like 7pm and can't interact with other children or watch tv or anything Lol

they probably force him to study 9 hours a day

Apparently you didn't read the article thoroughly. "He has loads of friends his own age and plays games .. But he relates to adults as easily. He is a child very driven to explore and understand things, especially science."

Fascinating.

However, having met or heard of a few individuals (of all ages), all around the world, whose processing capabilities (or whatever you wish to call it) were far above and beyond anything usually considered "normal", but who never had the luck of being even schooled, let alone intellectually oriented, I find the typically journalistic title of "the world's cleverest child" hard to swallow and somewhat offensive to all those victims of intellectual neglect that the world will never hear about.

(This has nothing whatsoever to do with the contributor of this interesting piece of news, of course; it's just a personal musing.

But I just had to say it.)

That's true too.