Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If you could go back in time

saibaman

I want to live my high school life all over again. That is if the time machine can make me younger. And of course, I want to see my parents when they were my age.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marby

• saibaman

• Lord*Kur

• Staceyinfo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't out of fear for doing changing history to much. But I would LIKE to

1. Save Abraham Licolns life at Fords theater.

2. Teach people to value wilderness more so that we had more of it.

3. Bring condoms back to help stop the baby boom.

4. Smack Adolf Hitler

5. At least try to stop the brutal eradication of Native Americans.

Some interesting and amusing things/ideas that people would do if they were able to go into the past. I remember a few years back when I was in college we had a class disscussion, one question was that if you were to go back in time of Adolf Hitler before he came to power and Hitler was sitting in bar and you had a gun would you kill him? Now many people would quickly decide and say yes they would kill him, however some people said they wouldn't because you wouldn't know if another evil man would take over instead of Hitler and also a number of important inventions/technologies came out becaause of WW2 according to some. I know some horrible things happened because of Hitler but, would killing Hitler prevent that, I think probably it would however others beleive it might be possible that something worse might happen instead.

I mean if someone were to stop the Whites from destroying the Native Indians, then who knows what the Americas would be like right now, many inventions wouldn't exist, probably no internet, but then again we might have had soemthing better but unlikely.

Of course there are different ideas and theories about changing the past e.g. some believe in parallel universe being created. So the consequences of changing the past would be different depending on what you believe.

If only there were a "what if machine" like the one they had in the Futurama episode "anthology of interest".

Edited by saibaman

I'd go back to tomorrow and play the lotto's numbers that came out last night since I can't think of a way to go back and have one universal religious belief put in place where the only rule is treat others with respect and love. no exceptions. no other rules needed.

To meet the ancestors. But I'd really not go that far back, just far enough to meet my great grandparents....stories of them are so fascinating.

I'd go back to 1973 and play D&D with Gary Gygax when D&D was just getting started. :tu:

Note: Most famous people were not always famous and probably would allow a new person into their circle if it was before they got famous. So you could meet and make friends with Jesus when he was in his 20s or hang out with Napoleon when he was 20. Many of the great thinkers and politicians were old, at least for their time, when they became famous and powerful.

I'd go back to 1973 and play D&D with Gary Gygax when D&D was just getting started. :tu:

Note: Most famous people were not always famous and probably would allow a new person into their circle if it was before they got famous. So you could meet and make friends with Jesus when he was in his 20s or hang out with Napoleon when he was 20. Many of the great thinkers and politicians were old, at least for their time, when they became famous and powerful.

Oh, I forgot! I would go to the civil war and meet Bloody Bill Anderson! I have a crush on him. Ok so he was a psychotic mass killer. Hey, whose perfect?

Dont know if this was posted before. sorry if it was, but anyway I was just thinking of all the cool things you do if you could go back in time, There are so many people whom I would like to meet, like my parents when they were younger. Also Myself when I was like 10 years old. Many past famous people would have been intresting to meet such as Beethoven Bruce Lee, Mozart and Shakespeare.

I would like to know what other people would do if they could go back in time, what time would they back into? e.g. 100 years or time of the dinosaurs or even before then if you could survive were would they go back in time america, japan or even the moon. Of course there would be issues such as possibly changing the furture and langauge, but if we just ignore those things then I would like to know what you would do if you could go into the past.

Iwould like to go back only if I could take current technology with me. I would prob blow up the Roman Empire, but I like the Greeks

wow there would be so many things that I would do some good and some bad.

There is so much im not even going to try to list it all.

I'd go back and keep my mother from marrying her second husband. I'd like to know how life would have been if she didn't marry him.

Watch the pyramids being built

Spy on the guy who built Coral Castle

Buy a huge chunk of land (or convince my parents to)

Take lessons on how to budget (my great failing lol)

Watch my kids being born ( I was completely out of it all 4 times)

Be on board the 'Marie Celeste' (so long as i could still get away safely )

There are prob loads more, but they will do for starters

I would travel back and see myself on my 18th birthday and give myself every winning lottery number, major sports scores etc so I wouldn't lose.... I would also let myself know when google and other stocks tank out so i could put the endless millions into the companies then pull out at it's peak to become a multibillionaire.

Edited by Deceptikon

Take a VCR and record all the missing episodes of Doctor Who ;)

Get today's lottery numbers, and travel back a week and buy a ticket.

Oh, I forgot! I would go to the civil war and meet Bloody Bill Anderson! I have a crush on him. Ok so he was a psychotic mass killer. Hey, whose perfect?

You worry me :lol:

As for me:

-Kill a bottle of whiskey with Teddy Roosevelt

-Have a cigar with Winston Churchill

-Fly a Hawker Hurricane in the Battle of Britain

And some other random miscellaneous stuff.

To last friday night...register the winning numbers in saturday's x-lotto jackpot.